Found Deceased KY - James 'Mike' Kimsey, 48, Louisville, 29 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ALansby, the church is a catholic church, St. Aloysius. That's where the son goes to school, too.

This is my fault entirely. ALansby was using incorrect information posted by me. My apologies AND my thanks for clarifying :)

ALandsy and Anchorage, you must realize the Kimsey's hands are tied. His parents/sister PLEAD/ASK for help every day on his Facebook page "Help Find Mike Kimsey". They aren't getting any information from the police and/or Val Kimsey. Also, they have not heard from her since she called them four days after he went missing. (modsnip) The Kimsey family and many, many of their friends in Tennessee would love to conduct some kind of search but... it's easier said than done.

Did you see the live interview Steve Burgin, Wlky 32, did with Mr. & Mrs. Kimsey last week? It just broke my heart. They're not young and it was a long trip for them, but they were determined to speak about Mike. I think if you watch it, you will get a better understanding. Also, watch the interview Steve Burgin did with his friend.

How do you know it's an "out of town" detective?

So, Mike's parents have not had any contact with their grandson since Mike's disappearance?!? :(

ALandsy and Anchorage, you must realize the Kimsey's hands are tied. His parents/sister PLEAD/ASK for help every day on his Facebook page "Help Find Mike Kimsey". They aren't getting any information from the police and/or Val Kimsey. Also, they have not heard from her since she called them four days after he went missing. (modsnip) The Kimsey family and many, many of their friends in Tennessee would love to conduct some kind of search but... it's easier said than done.

Did you see the live interview Steve Burgin, Wlky 32, did with Mr. & Mrs. Kimsey last week? It just broke my heart. They're not young and it was a long trip for them, but they were determined to speak about Mike. I think if you watch it, you will get a better understanding. Also, watch the interview Steve Burgin did with his friend.

How do you know it's an "out of town" detective?

Yes, I saw the parents and the friend. I read the FaceBook page, but they don't plead for help -- the nuts and bolts kind, like who can organize a search? But they ask for anyone with information. And I know they have to start somewhere, but obviously the less than 2000 people who "liked" the page are concerned bystanders with no information. I have no inside info to know that the wife has never talked to the parents since Mike went missing. I read all that about them not being close, but I have no idea if it is true or not. I have not been in their situation, but if my son was missing, I would not take a back seat to a daughter in law who won't actively seek answers. I would think they have a legal right (if needed at all) to organize a search, or appoint someone to on their behalf. As far as the detective being out of town--I can look it up, but I would imagine a long distance area code would match the parents hometown or near it. I just looked it Up-- Detective is in Georgia. Big help here in Kentucky--talking to neighbors, seeing the lay of the land, etc!
It just sickens me that the days go by and no one is truly beating the bushes near Mike's home. Let's make sure he is not there because of a stupid mistake or something he determined he needed to do. I feel for all those involved with this case. It must be a nightmare.

Yes...that seems very cruel to Mike's parents. It also seems very cruel to Brody! He needs everyone that loves him close right now. Also, makes you wonder what message Brody is being told. First his Daddy disappears and then his Grandparents aren't around either. Another odd decision on the part of the wife!!! All the oddities in this case seem to start and end with the wife (not reporting Mike missing for days, no personal pleas for help, insults and misinformation on social media, not communicating with neighbors, friends, family what had happened and asking for information/help, no news media, no contact or sympathy for Mike's parents, not allowing them to talk to Brody, complete absence in the media).

Yes, I saw the parents and the friend. I read the FaceBook page, but they don't plead for help -- the nuts and bolts kind, like who can organize a search? But they ask for anyone with information. And I know they have to start somewhere, but obviously the less than 2000 people who "liked" the page are concerned bystanders with no information. I have no inside info to know that the wife has never talked to the parents since Mike went missing. I read all that about them not being close, but I have no idea if it is true or not. I have not been in their situation, but if my son was missing, I would not take a back seat to a daughter in law who won't actively seek answers. I would think they have a legal right (if needed at all) to organize a search, or appoint someone to on their behalf. As far as the detective being out of town--I can look it up, but I would imagine a long distance area code would match the parents hometown or near it. I just looked it Up-- Detective is in Georgia. Big help here in Kentucky--talking to neighbors, seeing the lay of the land, etc!
It just sickens me that the days go by and no one is truly beating the bushes near Mike's home. Let's make sure he is not there because of a stupid mistake or something he determined he needed to do. I feel for all those involved with this case. It must be a nightmare.

A simple click on the thank you button was NOT enough for this post Anchorage. `So a big thank you, and welcome to WS! :)

And how do we know if he really took his wallet and cell phone? Can it be proven? I would think not, but that's just my opinion. Anyone else?

And how do we know if he really took his wallet and cell phone? Can it be proven? I would think not, but that's just my opinion. Anyone else?

I think you can say he's gone and so are his wallet and cell phone, but unless someone saw him with them I don't think we could know for sure if he took them.

Because it's an "out of town" area code means nothing. Easy to use the cell phone anywhere.

There's many of us who feel the same way, frededna. Evidently it's easier said than done.

Yes, there's no doubt that Southeast is a massive church...even a megachurch! I thought the "church" mentioned was the Catholic Church where the vigil was held, so I am equally likely to be wrong. Even if any church had offered to help the family conduct a search, we wouldn't be likely to know, given the lack of information coming from ANY source in this case. I would go along with your assumption that a church would say to the family "what can we do to help?" and then would follow through with whatever was asked of them.

I think the problem in this case is that the ONLY family that Mike has in Kentucky, is his wife and child, so the priest might be the best source to determine if the Church or Church staff has made any effort to help the wife and child. Has the church reached out to Mike's parents and sister or any other close family members in Tennessee? I think it is safe to say they have not. What would/could the Church do for Mike's wife and child?

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

Good point LawFilly. The people who didn't disappear can set up whatever scenario they want. And there were four days at least to think about it...

Seems like if Mike had "wanted to leave them", he would have taken clothes.....money.....keys.....car! Personally, I don't believe he left them at all. Maybe he was in someone's way and needed to be gone. My heart breaks for the son, the parents and sister.

​Is she from Louisville originally? Were they married for a long time?

If my DH disappeared in the night, leaving me and our little son alone, my parents would have insisted on taking us to their house where they would care for us both until I could wrap my head around things. I do not find this odd in the least. And, yes, I would go because I would not be able to take care of us very well.

If my DH was missing for 7 weeks when I returned to my home, my dad would have the locks changed without even asking me and he would stay with me and never let me go anywhere without him. This is what protective dads/grandpas do. I do not find this odd either. And I would need him to be there for me and my son.

The biggest red flag for me is the 3:30 time of last being seen alive. I can't remember where I read this information but, when one is lying 3:00, 3:30 seems to be the time everyone thinks of first. Maybe it was Haleigh Cummings' case, where the dad's GF said she woke up and noticed the back door open at 3:30 or so.

If LE sprayed luminol in the house and it lit up bloody anywhere, the wife would have been taken in for intense questioning. If there was evidence of a bloody crime, she would be arrested since it would be known that she lied about his actions that night. This hasn't happened.

All couples fight and it must have been very stressful in the home. She is a stay at home mom and he was now at home 24/7 - in pain from surgery and the recuperative period without pain meds and there must have been a lot of waiting on him hand and foot. Not to mention him, a type A pilot, being bored and he may have started accusing her of having affairs. Just thinking how a bored, Type A, used to being in charge of everything and everyone having to listen to his orders, stuck in the house and in pain would act. I think he would be a pain the azz. Perhaps she called him a paranoid schizophrenic because she was still mad at the constant accusations. Maybe?

Did he ever get his pain meds filled at the pharmacy? Could he have been selling them to someone that he was to meet in the woods in the back of the house and then ended up going for a car ride involuntarily? Was the back door unlocked when he was noticed to be missing as if he was coming right back ? Surely, he wouldn't intentionally leave for hours with the back door unlocked and his family asleep.

It seems to me that she called LE later in the morning after his disappearance and waited 4 days to call his family. He didn't leave in his car so she would have no reason to think he was just going off for a few days to cool off after an argument -on foot.

We haven't seen any evidence of financial issues, major marital discord, pending divorce, etc. He was about to go back to work. He didn't walk off and kill himself. He isn't accessing his bank accounts or using his credit cards.

OTOH I know of a husband who went out for his usual early evening jog around the neighborhood and shot himself in the head in a woodsy area. Of course there were lots of issues in the marriage, clinical depression, alcohol issues and pressure to make more money from his social climbing wife, but he adored his children and NO ONE thought he would ever do such a thing. So, it can happen.

It is very odd that no one seems to be actively searching for him. Not LE, not the family, not the community - no one. Perhaps he was located but doesn't want to be found? It is legal to walk away from one's life - albeit selfish and harming to family. However, this smacks of foul play.

Seems like if Mike had "wanted to leave them", he would have taken clothes.....money.....keys.....car! Personally, I don't believe he left them at all. Maybe he was in someone's way and needed to be gone. My heart breaks for the son, the parents and sister.

I have followed many of WS cases on here to know this to not be true. Many of ppl have left with literally nothing....no car, keys, phone, money or clothes and resurfaced weeks, months or even years later. I am not saying I think or believe this to be the case here by I don't know, but it is possible to happen.

We have all heard the stories of 'he/she went off for a pack of cigarettes and never came back' and everyone assumed they just left of their own accord.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertlou
Back