Found Deceased KY - James 'Mike' Kimsey, 48, Louisville, 29 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think everyone on this sight is brainstorming to try to find answers to a very unusual situation. I appreciate all the ideas however, I agree with Rocky Road that you can not look at behavior associated with mental illness since Mike was never diagnosed with any mental illness. This has been confirmed with doctors, his family, and the fact he would not be able to be a pilot if mental illness was an issue. The local police also said on camera that this was not a typical case...Mike was very grounded. The only person who brought up mental issues was the wife (the same person who did not report him missing for 4 days and has not been actively doing anything to get his story out and share details with the media, family, neighbors, etc). Also, this post was removed quickly, which also verifies that the truth was questionable. Unfortunately, the seed was planted and I believe that was the plan all along. I have said it before and will state it again that behavior of the wife is unusual at best.....

She left the home for weeks following his disappearance when everyone I know would stay put in case he came back or calls were made regarding his well being.

She told neighbors it was a "private family manner" when most would be begging neighbors for help...did they see anything, etc. If she truly wanted to find answers...ask those close to the home where he was seen last.

She has now changed the locks...why....if she or neighbors were indeed in danger, I am sure the police would have discussed this and the home would have been roped off as a crime scene, police presence, etc....it was not.

(modsnip)

My biggest concern at this time is the son, B. What is the message to him? Someone knows something and I hope they will have the decency to come forward and talk. I hope their loyalty to whomever did this will be outweighed by the thought of a little boy who deserves answers and the truth about his Daddy!! Someone knows something that will move this case to closure.

I agree if his body was in a crawl space within the house, the smell would have been there, and the search dogs could have detected even the best work at hiding human remains. I think his remains are elsewhere--if elsewhere is in some of the woods or water nearby because he somehow had an accident (fell in the dark, hit his head, etc) or someone did something to him to remove him from the scene permanently. There is so much of this case that has no logic, it makes multiple theories continue. The wife, and her actions are bizarre, but virtually NO ONE does exactly as you would--emotions, upbringing, education all play a factor in your behavior and reaction to stress, trama, death, fights, etc. She may be an antisocial person who did not talk to the neighbors---which she SHOULD have if there was a valid threat to their safety. But again, that is part of the problem---too many theories, not enough info......

A few years ago, there was a young boy in Michigan whose body was buried under his porch. They had dogs searching all over the place for him, and none of the dogs hit on the scent. In the boy's case, his killer had taken measures that might have led to the odor being masked. I'm not an expert, but I believe only cadaver dogs would pick up a scent. And they might not have had cadaver dogs in or around the house. Even if they did use cadaver dogs, the handler might not have understood what the dog was trying to signal.

I think everyone on this sight is brainstorming to try to find answers to a very unusual situation. I appreciate all the ideas however, I agree with Rocky Road that you can not look at behavior associated with mental illness since Mike was never diagnosed with any mental illness. This has been confirmed with doctors, his family, and the fact he would not be able to be a pilot if mental illness was an issue. The local police also said on camera that this was not a typical case...Mike was very grounded. The only person who brought up mental issues was the wife (the same person who did not report him missing for 4 days and has not been actively doing anything to get his story out and share details with the media, family, neighbors, etc). Also, this post was removed quickly, which also verifies that the truth was questionable. Unfortunately, the seed was planted and I believe that was the plan all along. I have said it before and will state it again that behavior of the wife is unusual at best.....

She left the home for weeks following his disappearance when everyone I know would stay put in case he came back or calls were made regarding his well being.

She told neighbors it was a "private family manner" when most would be begging neighbors for help...did they see anything, etc. If she truly wanted to find answers...ask those close to the home where he was seen last.

She has now changed the locks...why....if she or neighbors were indeed in danger, I am sure the police would have discussed this and the home would have been roped off as a crime scene, police presence, etc....it was not.

Rumors are that the father had recently helped an old boyfriend return to the area....now the father is with her all the time and neither the wife or her parents are speaking to the media asking for help. I am curious where this old boyfriend is and has he been questioned?

My biggest concern at this time is the son, B. What is the message to him? Someone knows something and I hope they will have the decency to come forward and talk. I hope their loyalty to whomever did this will be outweighed by the thought of a little boy who deserves answers and the truth about his Daddy!! Someone knows something that will move this case to closure.

Funny how all this seems when the tidbits of info are put together. Good assessment! Previously, you commented and said that the wife is "choosing silence and privacy". I have thought a lot about this, and why she has isolated herself from people. Also, why her father has been right beside her every moment. Several things could cause her to choose privacy. Fear, guilt or embarrassment, are the first reasons that come to mind. Silence is often to make sure that one does not say something inappropriate or something that is not to be repeated. Her father sticking close to her could be interpreted to be for "protection", but from what? If Mike has been a victim of a crime in the neighborhood, then why weren't there notifications sooner and their neighbors notified? Is protection to prevent media from approaching her? Is it to protect her from questions from neighbors? Or is it to protect her from having to answer questions from Mike's family? So, why else would a father stay with his daughter, instead of in his own home? She was used to staying alone with her child when Mike was at work. Sometimes people stay together to make sure that the stories stay the same. The entire situation appears that they do not want Mike to come home! Lots of things to think about, lots of things to question. We can only hope that the detectives are not being intimidated by her or her father in any way, so that they do not back off. No stone should be left unturned, and if all are innocent, then they should not mind the due process.

There was another news story about the disappearance last evening. Once a month seems to be the story rate. Sounds as if his parents are in the Louisville area. Nothing new revealed that seems to shed light on Mike's disappearance.

Parents make plea for help in finding missing UPS pilot http://bit.ly/1En1H1X

Thank you ALansby for sharing the news report. Once again it is the parents making the plea....not the wife! Where is she? I am so glad Mike has wonderful parents to keep his story alive...I pray they will get answers soon.

There was another news story about the disappearance last evening. Once a month seems to be the story rate. Sounds as if his parents are in the Louisville area. Nothing new revealed that seems to shed light on Mike's disappearance.

Parents make plea for help in finding missing UPS pilot http://bit.ly/1En1H1X

Thanks, because I did not see that report. WAVE has a quick story that he is still missing and quotes his wife. Nothing new.

I sure hope that someone takes Mike's parents under their wing and helps them get something going. Searches, or something!! I saw on a page for the Bardstown woman, Crystal Rogers, they are appealing to all the hunters to keep an eye out in the woods, and from their deer stands for anything unusual. I thought that was a smart thing. We have nothing here on Mike. Sad.

Why do you think this? Do you think that police did not search the house?

I don't think his body is in/anywhere near the home. I'm thinking he was tasered/smothered and removed from inside the home so B wouldn't hear anything. I really don't think his body is in Jefferson County! Just my opinion!

The news story with Mike's parents broke my heart too. This case needs pressure. Pressure and attention and unrelenting search for answers.

Thank you LawFilly for posting the interview with Mike's parents. I know Mike would be so proud that his family is keeping the story present. My initial thought is that the people out there that know something must be truly uncaring and evil if they can watch these parents and keep their mouths closed.

I agree with others that he was overcome by evil means and taken from the house outside his will. I only hope and pray the police are looking at all the evidence and all parties close to the crime. Please.....if you know anything....step forward and help Mike's parents find their son. Not only do they need the truth but a little boy needs to know what happened to his Daddy.

I don't see anyone being arrested for anything. There is no body. There is no evidence of foul play.
As far as him being poisoned or being given some sort of knock out drug, where and when would this happen? Before he got home? After he was home and after his wife last saw him? After he was home but before his wife last saw him? Moving an unconscious or even semi- conscious 200 pound person around ain't easy.
Until he is found we just don't have enough info.

​I think there is more than just one person involved in this.....has to be!

I hope LE was able to give Mike's parents some information (i.e. they are making progress with their investigation). But, I worry that my hope is just "wishful thinking".

I don't have a great deal of free time, but I'm local, and would like to do something to help. I just don't know what that "something" might be.

Funny how all this seems when the tidbits of info are put together. Good assessment! Previously, you commented and said that the wife is "choosing silence and privacy". I have thought a lot about this, and why she has isolated herself from people. Also, why her father has been right beside her every moment. Several things could cause her to choose privacy. Fear, guilt or embarrassment, are the first reasons that come to mind. Silence is often to make sure that one does not say something inappropriate or something that is not to be repeated. Her father sticking close to her could be interpreted to be for "protection", but from what? If Mike has been a victim of a crime in the neighborhood, then why weren't there notifications sooner and their neighbors notified? Is protection to prevent media from approaching her? Is it to protect her from questions from neighbors? Or is it to protect her from having to answer questions from Mike's family? So, why else would a father stay with his daughter, instead of in his own home? She was used to staying alone with her child when Mike was at work. Sometimes people stay together to make sure that the stories stay the same. The entire situation appears that they do not want Mike to come home! Lots of things to think about, lots of things to question. We can only hope that the detectives are not being intimidated by her or her father in any way, so that they do not back off. No stone should be left unturned, and if all are innocent, then they should not mind the due process.

In my opinion, I think it's out of guilt and her father is protecting her from talking to anyone so her/their stories don't get misconstrued. Lack of communication with anyone just adds a double question mark. What would she have to be embarrassed about? I don't see where her and/or her family have come forward and made any statements on behalf of Mike (I could very well have missed them). Do they/somebody think if they lay low long enough it will go away? I pray not for the sake of the parents/sister/son. Why would you not be in contact with his family regardless if there was any animosity or not at a time like this? I think any decent person would! Does the mother not stay at Mike's house, too; or, is she like the little boy who fell out of the car, "she isn't involved in it"? I would certainly hope the detectives aren't being intimidated by anyone in this case. If so, they don't need to be detectives!

I got to wondering last night if the police used that black light activated chemical that reveals blood on cleaned up areas, because there was four days before the police were called (just going on what was reported), and intensive clean up could have taken place. Somehow, I get a real ho-hum impression from the police, and doubt they went to the trouble to do this. Also, don't laugh-- the thought went through my mind that someone missing three months is pretty much presumed dead---well, in my mind anyway-- but what if someone in that house or elsewhere is holding Mike against his will---ala Nine to Five, or Misery. If the Captor is "nuts", this could be the case. Now, what was done with him while to police searched the home, I don't know, but I think I am hoping that this poor guy is still alive.

As as far as being local, and wanting to help, I feel that way too. I have some physical limitations, but could surely do something! I wish we could get permissions and volunteers to comb the woods nearby for starters.

Is there an article that points to the wife refusing to take a lie detector test?

As as far as being local, and wanting to help, I feel that way too. I have some physical limitations, but could surely do something! I wish we could get permissions and volunteers to comb the woods nearby for starters.

Wouldn't the massive church the Kimsey's attended be an excellent source of volunteers?? I would think church members would have suggested this previously... isn't this where friends and family gathered earlier? Has the church gone silent on this?? If so, it's very strange (imo).

Wouldn't the massive church the Kimsey's attended be an excellent source of volunteers?? I would think church members would have suggested this previously... isn't this where friends and family gathered earlier? Has the church gone silent on this?? If so, it's very strange (imo).

I think no one has been given permission from the family to take the initiative to organize anything. There is no one leading any efforts--the wife, the parents , the sibling, the inlaws. I have no idea what the next steps would be to organize a search.
Is permission to look for him legal when we have not been appointed and have no relationship with the family?
Do we have to ask property owners if we can walk across their land? Who would do this, how far ahead, etc.

Within WS "Missing Persons Resources", there's a link to the nampn.org mpchecklist. So, I wonder if anyone (family member/church member/friend/??) has actually asked LE to authorize a search?? Maybe the police can't/won't authorize a search? I'd love to know if this is the case.

Contact the local Search and Rescue (SAR) team. Depending upon the circumstances of disappearance, a man tracker can locate someone whom may have left on foot. He/she should be one of the first on the scene as the scene is likely to become degraded as more people/dogs are around. Texas EquuSearch is also an excellent resource. Their website is
www.texasequusearch.org. Organize family, friends and community to conduct subsequent searches. (Note: Most police agencies have to authorize searches)

http://www.nampn.org/mpchecklist.pdf

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy
Back