Found Deceased KY - James 'Mike' Kimsey, 48, Louisville, 29 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've been following this for a while, but have yet to comment. Has anyone considered poison? I'm not pointing fingers, only speculating.

I have - not sure why, but I just keep thinking that if he were poisoned, or drugged, he would have been incapacitated and unable to struggle or cause a commotion which might have attracted attention. If so, that would point to a cold-hearted, calculated attack from someone he trusted being around. I can't think of anything sadder.

​Wonder if the quarry has been checked?

I've wondered as well. I'll be very honest; I have a source who's worked on the case, and he said they are not expecting to find him alive. So the theory of "he just took off" that some have mentioned on Facebook is unlikely. Also, as a previous poster mentioned, the family has made it very clear he would not leave his son.

I've wondered as well. I'll be very honest; I have a source who's worked on the case, and he said they are not expecting to find him alive. So the theory of "he just took off" that some have mentioned on Facebook is unlikely. Also, as a previous poster mentioned, the family has made it very clear he would not leave his son.

I agree, Renegade. If he was alive, I think he would've been found by now. While I don't know him, I don't believe he would've left his son and/or put his family through such hell. I just pray his body will be found so the family can have closure. My heart breaks for the son and his parents/sister.

Well, I caved in and drove down his street the other day. Glad I did in a way, because I feel that the houses are so close together that any commotion could have been overheard. Any altercation in the driveway or roadway could easily be seen by a dozen houses. I just don't think that a car pulling up out front or in the driveway would have gone unnoticed if a neighbor happened to be up and wondered why there was activity in the middle of the night. But, it could happen, I know.
Also, along his block, you go out your back door, and just beyond your manicured back yard is a stand of trees, underbrush ---woods, as I would call it. It is not wide, but long, spanning several households. Someone could easily hide in the woods to enter anyone's house from there. There is a street along the woods that runs parallel to his street, and then various open spaces or more words on the other side of that street. There are lots of clumps of woods in walking distance, but I didn't see any major hills, cliffs, streams, lakes, etc. that an unaware person could fall off of or into. I am leaning to a theory that something happened inside the house, and he was moved into a vehicle that was inside the attached garage and taken elsewhere. Who did it, I will leave open. I am beyond crazy over this. It still makes no sense.

I am leaning to a theory that something happened inside the house, and he was moved into a vehicle that was inside the attached garage and taken elsewhere. Who did it, I will leave open. I am beyond crazy over this. It still makes no sense.

This is the conclusion I keep landing at as well. I wonder if this is why LE hasn't been diligently searching around his home, because they think, or know, this is how it occurred?

This is the conclusion I keep landing at as well. I wonder if this is why LE hasn't been diligently searching around his home, because they think, or know, this is how it occurred?

I have to wonder if they're piecing together a case and have a suspect they haven't arrested yet. If it looks suspicious to everyone on this thread, then it has to look suspicious to the investigators, too. The lack of activity and news coupled with the fact that this looks like foul play makes me think they might know what happened.

I have to wonder if they're piecing together a case and have a suspect they haven't arrested yet. If it looks suspicious to everyone on this thread, then it has to look suspicious to the investigators, too. The lack of activity and news coupled with the fact that this looks like foul play makes me think they might know what happened.

This is exactly my husband's theory. He said there is no media coverage or big searches because they know more than they are saying, and are just waiting to make the arrest.

This is exactly my husband's theory. He said there is no media coverage or big searches because they know more than they are saying, and are just waiting to make the arrest.

My thoughts exactly. They know. They need a slip-up without a body. Tracks have been covered.

From the "Help Find Mike Kimsey" Facebook page, Mike's parents and sister have made a plea to contact one particular person who is trying to find Mike. It looks like he is a private investigator out of GA.

I hope he can help the Kimseys find their son and brother!

I don't see anyone being arrested for anything. There is no body. There is no evidence of foul play.
As far as him being poisoned or being given some sort of knock out drug, where and when would this happen? Before he got home? After he was home and after his wife last saw him? After he was home but before his wife last saw him? Moving an unconscious or even semi- conscious 200 pound person around ain't easy.
Until he is found we just don't have enough info.

I don't see anyone being arrested for anything. There is no body. There is no evidence of foul play.
As far as him being poisoned or being given some sort of knock out drug, where and when would this happen? Before he got home? After he was home and after his wife last saw him? After he was home but before his wife last saw him? Moving an unconscious or even semi- conscious 200 pound person around ain't easy.
Until he is found we just don't have enough info.

You have a walking talking human who has disappeared. To make someone vanish--leave his son, and home, SOMETHING had to happen to him --against his will in my opinion. To stop a functioning body from protesting and fighting, someone had to do something to harm him. Possibly permanently. Moving a body is NOT easy, but in the confines of behind closed doors and the attached garage, all you need is one trusted friend/relative and a good dumping ground. The poisoning, or whatever could have occurred at anytime after he was seen at Chuck E. Cheeses. His wife gave it a four day window. And we all the know LE does not tell all they know. They might be waiting for someone to slip up, or a body to be found. Shame on them if they investigated for a few days and then closed their investigation. Someone knows something.

Just something to think about...

Many times LE does not even come close to revealing what cards they have been dealt. They play it very close to the vest and the general public has no idea what is truly known. Things go on behind the scenes that the public had no idea about. I have witnessed this first hand.

Just something to think about...

Many times LE does not even come close to revealing what cards they have been dealt. They play it very close to the vest and the general public has no idea what is truly known. Things go on behind the scenes that the public had no idea about. I have witnessed this first hand.

Totally agree. There are 2 reasons for LE to keep their cards close to their chest:

1/ They have nothing hence there is nothing to report

2/ They have almost everything they need to bring a successful prosecution but just need the final proof or suspect to trip up

Admittedly it's hard sometimes for us non-LE to work out which it is - hopefully number 2 in this case!

Maybe the hope is that the person/persons suspected will make some rash decisions/mistakes that lead LE to bring them in for questioning, and subsequently that individual/individuals will break down and tell what they know. It is time for at least one person to come clean with what they know. It is highly possible that there is a friend or a neighbor that knows something that may shed light on the situation. People have a very hard time keeping quiet for very long when they do something so egregious. I think the real hope is probably that the person of interest will confide in someone, and that someone will contact LE.

I agree. I also hope that if Mike met violence in either the physical sense or the sense that someone is keeping him safe, but away from his life/family - that the person/persons who did so will have 24/7 365 the internal terror of being found out. I hope that they read into everything they hear. I hope that every glance, every comment, every thing that happens torments their every waking moment until they are driven into madness or repentance and release Mike if he is being held, or point LE and his family to his location. People should fear not just the consequences in this life, but the consequences in the next life. I have been close to too many victims of violent crimes to feel any remorse for the perpetrator, regardless of circumstances.

Reading through this thread makes me very sad. No matter what, the wife should be given the benefit of the doubt unless or until police warrant otherwise. In doing online searches this morning, I've been reading comments from various people on fb & media sites. One gentleman informed that Mike's wife helped hand out 1000 flyers right after he was discovered missing. They have a small child at home and she says they're traumatized. Maybe she doesn't get along with his family so that's why she didn't mention them in her "thanks". Maybe her initial choice of words in that controversial fb post was only be she didn't know the correct term to use so what she was initially trying to say was taken out of context. There are several people that say they know Mike & he'd never just walk away, as well as his family that lives in another state, but they don't live with him and therefore don't truly know how he is on a daily basis while on medication. From what I'm reading, Mike had hip replacements as well as shoulder surgery. The pain meds from the hip surgeries alone could make a person delusional especially if sugar or bp dips - including a healthy, wonderful, vibrant, loving husband and father of almost 6'0 200+ lbs. This just makes me sad bc his wife should be given the benefit of the doubt unless or until something nefarious pops up explaining such. I hope to heaven she doesn't read here bc if she does it would most certainly compound her heartache right now.

Side note: Websleuths has NEVER allowed the pasta throwing technique without any basis. Before people can post about a marriage in trouble and claiming somebody committed murder, there has to be some kind of backup for that reasoning. Until then it's not supposed to be worked as such and the spouse is supposed to be considered a victim.

http://www.missingveterans.com/2015/james-mike-kimsey/

He went missing while he was on medical leave from his job at UPS due to multiple surgeries that required daily medication. Mike is recovering from hip replacements as well as a shoulder surgery, and was in excellent physical shape other than that. He was working to strengthen his body so he could go back to work.

Imvho delirium or some sort of psychosis could have set in based on his meds, bp & sugar levels which could sporadically change throughout the day & night. If he spent the day before at Chuck-E-Cheese then maybe he could have overdone it a little. Idk just thinking maybe...

I'm not seeing that the wife actually waited 4 full days to report Mike missing to the police. I'm only seeing that she waited 4 days to let his out of state family know he was missing. Does anyone know definitively when exactly the initial conversation with police took place? I just read that police said there's a lot of misinformation on social media, etc.

There appear to be as many conflicting stories as one could like about this. I've read several places she waited 4 days, one place she notified LE the "next day" and then the reports from multiple sources in the area that agree that the first time anyone in proximity to their home (i.e. friends, neighbors, etc.) knew of anything was more than 3 weeks after the day that he is stated to be missing. The birth family seems to agree that they were notified 4 days afterwards, so I think that can be fairly credible, there's no mistaking when the neighbors saw LE at the house, searching the house, carrying things out of the house, and using dogs to search the area (late mid-July) so that seems pretty set in stone; but to your entire question - do we know for sure? Absolutely not. We know/can piece together when some things did happen, and we know what didn't happen (i.e. publicity of the missing person, news conferences, LE searching the home, the MP story becoming public, etc.)
Yes, the misinformation on social media was from the last news report on the case several weeks ago now. The lack of attention to this is baffling.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02
Back