Found Deceased KY - James 'Mike' Kimsey, 48, Louisville, 29 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Someone mentioned the holiday weekend, which got me to thinking. Was it Thursday into Friday when he was last seen or Friday into Saturday? Went back to the news articles that are still online about his disappearance and found them virtually completely devoid of details. One news station says last seen ON 5/29, one just says last seen on his home street, but no date given. There is so little information given that it seems curious. Normally in MP cases you have so much more detail. To help guide searchers, people who may think they have seen him. Why is this case so silent? Are family members attempting to get the news media's attention and the media is refusing?

Is it possible LE found some sort of evidence leading them to believe he had disappeared willingly? I'm not sure if media would report that??? Maybe that would explain the outburst by the wife on Facebook? You'd think his other family would be informed somehow though. Maybe he is still considered missing until he is found safe? I still think there would be some clues floating around if they thought this might be the case.

I have many questions. Nothing is clarified by this. I posted some of these questions, but what the heck, they will not be answered. All have to do with what was going on just before and in the four days.

Louisville UPS pilot missing for two months: http://www.wlky.com/news/louisville-ups-pilot-missing-for-two-months/34510356

wife makes a brief statement.
Police categorize the disappearance as unusual.

From the article:

Owen said while he follows up on every lead, many of the theories posted on social media about Kimsey's whereabouts are wrong.

He also said Kimsey does not fit the usual profile of someone who wanted to leave home.

"So that is very unusual to see. A lot of times when people go missing, as you dig into their background, you will identify these high risk behaviors that may lead to them going missing, but Mr. Kimsey seems to me a pretty grounded guy," said Detective Owen.

It also talks about his ties with work and the community. How can he just have vanished like this? :(

From the wife: "Some of the information that has been posted on the web is inaccurate and distressing, and this has added to my sadness and emotional exhaustion". That seems a little......off? :thinking::thinking:

How so? I haven't read all of it, but from what I've read on FB and some WS threads I can't imagine being a family member and seeing what horrible things people can say. No judgment here and I'm not accusing anyone on this thread, just in general I think it must be very difficult for the family of someone who is missing to read accusations, advice from psychics, rumours, gossip, etc., on SM.

How so? I haven't read all of it, but from what I've read on FB and some WS threads I can't imagine being a family member and seeing what horrible things people can say. No judgment here and I'm not accusing anyone on this thread, just in general I think it must be very difficult for the family of someone who is missing to read accusations, advice from psychics, rumours, gossip, etc., on SM.

You know, re-reading it, I think it's the use of the word "my". My sadness. Not our, not our family, but me. It has the feel of being focused on the wife and not him. But hey, not everyone gets to have a PR person to help them have the words come out right....

Here is the thing. Your husband has been missing for two months. There have been no search parties, at least that anyone has acknowledged. Very limited information put forth publicly. To the point where this is now a non-event.

In this day of instant media attention, social media, internet availability and smart phones, if there are fallacies or misconceptions concerning your loved one, open your mouth and clear it up!

People who have experienced a missing person in their life, know that if you do not keep their name and face in the public eye, it will get buried. If this were my loved one, I would be doing everything in my power to keep this front page news!

Another thing I have noticed is that the wife does not mention his family. And his family has not mentioned her in posts on the Facebook page. They have mentioned spending time with Mike and his son in past visits, and Mike and his son planning to visit them this summer.

Why do people go missing? Suicide, money, lust, maybe drugs? Am I missing one? I think a chance at another life free and clear would come under one of those reasons. As an outlier I'd add in a serial killer with a penchant for middle-aged white professionals, but again, I'd put that under lust.

No victim blaming from me, but if the PD finds nothing dodgy in Mr Kimsey's life, perhaps they should be looking at something dodgy in the lives of people close to him. JMO.

Why do people go missing? Suicide, money, lust, maybe drugs? Am I missing one? I think a chance at another life free and clear would come under one of those reasons. As an outlier I'd add in a serial killer with a penchant for middle-aged white professionals, but again, I'd put that under lust.

No victim blaming from me, but if the PD finds nothing dodgy in Mr Kimsey's life, perhaps they should be looking at something dodgy in the lives of people close to him. JMO.

maybe add hatred to your list and it seems pretty comprehensive.
I thought it was interesting the quote from PD something along the lines of saying that many of the theories on social media are wrong. Which I thought was odd. When you say definitively, as LE on the case, that some theories are "wrong" does that imply that you know/think you know what actually happened?

Was it odd that neither LE nor the wife's statement asked for people to be alert, keep an eye out, call us if you see anything or remember anything? No one pleading for a kidnapper to release him, or for him to come home. LE was focused on how it was "unusual" and the wife's statement was "me-focused", as someone pointed out, not "we-focused" (as in "having Mike being missing has been so hard for my son and I. We miss him so much and want him back every minute of the day. Please, if anyone knows anything, or has seen anything, please, please come forward. Mike, if you can hear me, please come home. We miss you and need you.")

Certainly doesn't imply anything, but it seems unusual. Which seems to be the word most associated with this case.

Hell, my X, while I'm glad he's my X, if he went missing I'd be appealing for him to show up. You know why? His children need their daddy. No matter what I feel about him, my kids have not and will not ever be privy to why we split, and if their father showed up missing, you better believe I'd be all over that for their sake. That's just me.

This case rattles around in my head constantly. I just cannot imagine someone vanishing. I sometimes have dreams about this-- I guess I am wishing my subconscious mind will solve this case! (LOL) Today I woke up with a not entirely original idea from what I have read---perhaps Mike saw a car or heard a noise from a car, or was just outside on the street somewhere, and got hit by a car-- either by a verbal altercation that went bad, or some drunk traveling the road. Then, perhaps the driver/passengers feared the repercussions and picked and injured or worse Mike and put him in the car to be disposed of elsewhere. Depending on where the accident happened, the impact debris could have been cleaned up somewhat, or disregarded, and since the police were not involved for several days, the debris was minimized by rain or whatever. Since no body was found in the area, his body was disposed of miles away.
I don't know Mike, or his wife or family, but I wonder if someone close to him might have paid to have him disappear by means of abduction and murder. It is so unusual for someone to vanish into thin air in the middle of the night. It just doesn't happen. Someone had a hand in it, and I think someone wanted Mike gone-- and not to have to deal with upcoming life changes of separation or divorce. Leaving a door unlocked,setting it up---we have all seen this on Forensic Files and Snapped. I have resisted driving over there and looking at the street and lay of the land, because I don't want to be uber obsessed, but this case makes me crazy.

Ive thought about this long and hard and here is a plausible scenario. As a pilot Mike could have easily come in contact with pilots outside of his work circle that may be supplementing their income on a very large scale by flying "drug runs" in private aircraft set up by a major player and a Cartel type scenario is a possibility and by no means unheard of.

Somewhere along the line a deal backfires and money is lost. He is threatened using his family as leverage and agrees to walk into a car that night to "talk" and the ending to that is predictable. Just my 2 cents..

Here is the thing. Your husband has been missing for two months. There have been no search parties, at least that anyone has acknowledged. Very limited information put forth publicly. To the point where this is now a non-event.

In this day of instant media attention, social media, internet availability and smart phones, if there are fallacies or misconceptions concerning your loved one, open your mouth and clear it up!

People who have experienced a missing person in their life, know that if you do not keep their name and face in the public eye, it will get buried. If this were my loved one, I would be doing everything in my power to keep this front page news!

If this were to happen to me I'm afraid I would create fake FB accounts and accounts at reddit and WS and every other possible place people talk about missing people just to keep it going. Which is probably a very bad idea for many reasons, I know, but I can see myself doing it.

Another thing I have noticed is that the wife does not mention his family. And his family has not mentioned her in posts on the Facebook page. They have mentioned spending time with Mike and his son in past visits, and Mike and his son planning to visit them this summer.

I imagine the stress of a missing person (like the stress of losing a family member) might bring some family closer but it might also drive deep wedges between them, especially if there are suspicions and accusations involved.

And sometimes it's just too painful.

Hell, my X, while I'm glad he's my X, if he went missing I'd be appealing for him to show up. You know why? His children need their daddy. No matter what I feel about him, my kids have not and will not ever be privy to why we split, and if their father showed up missing, you better believe I'd be all over that for their sake. That's just me.

This, exactly. I just said to a friend of mine the other day that even if I was in the middle of a bitter divorce, if my soon-to-be ex-husband went missing, I would be horrified. I would be begging for his return. Just because you don't love someone anymore and your relationship is dissolving doesn't mean that them disappearing without a trace would be okay.

James has been added to NamUs:
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/29613/

Case Information
Status Missing
First name James
Middle name Michael
Last name Kimsey
Nickname/Alias Mike
Date last seen May 29, 2015 03:30
Date entered 07/27/2015
Age last seen 48 to 48 years old
Age now 48 years old
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Height (inches) 71.0 to 72.0
Weight (pounds) 200.0 to 210.0
Dental Status: Dental information / charting is available and will be entered later
DNA Status: Sample available - Not yet submitted
Fingerprint Information Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available

This is a strange case from the beginning with the wife not reporting him missing or informing the family or neighbors for several days. Everyone knows that immediate action in this type case get better results.....makes you wonder why she did not want to get everyone (police, family, neighbors, etc) involved. I read that she said it was a "private family matter".....if my husband/father of my child went missing.. I would be telling everyone and asking for help! While I appreciate all the theories on this site, I know Mike personally and he is not the type person to walk away from his son. I think instead of focusing on the obscure, the authorities need to focus close to home. I find it alarming that the the wife wrote unpleasant and untrue statements on her facebook page, in her last statement to the news, it was thanks to "my family, my sister....my, my, my... never a use of the word "our" or a mention about Mike's family and friends. It is his family that has started the Help Find Mike Kimsey Facebook page with thousands of followers...not her. To my knowledge, she has been very quite....maybe that is because she knows more than all of us. I would be very saddened if this is how my spouse acted in this situation and I assure you that if roles were reversed....Mike would be doing everything in his power to find the Mother of his Son. His wife is choosing silence and privacy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back