Found Deceased KY - James 'Mike' Kimsey, 48, Louisville, 29 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree - he sounds like a really healthy guy, both physically - despite the surgery recovery, and mentally. A lot of people would get depressed having to take leave from work while recovering, but it sounds like he really made the most of it and loved spending the extra time with his son. Also to be the kind of person to NOT rely on painkillers, knowing how addictive those can be, that shows a strong disposition.

Makes me wonder if he heard something going on outside, went to check it out, and then something happened. We're not sure about the shoes; I could see stepping out really quick barefoot, especially in the summer. (But like others have said, I wouldn't know if my boyfriend's shoes were missing unless it was one of a couple specific pairs like the flip flops he wears around the house or the ones I got him for his birthday.)

I wish his wife would come forward and talk about what she's observed. I feel bad for his relatives in TN - have any of them been able to come to KY to try and talk to LE and his wife?

I think if someone wanted to disappear, even today, it could be done fairly easily. If he had planned it for a while, there would be no need for credit cards or a bank account. I can't think of a place that doesn't take cash. If well planned, he could have also sporadically left clothes where he was planning on going as to not have to take clothes from home. Just because he's a good guy that loves his son, doesn't mean he couldn't have a breaking point. Maybe it started as a walk to clear his head and he just kept walking, maybe it wasn't planned at all.

I also agree that a wife may be the only one to know of mental illness or medication he might be taking. Once again, not saying that's the case, but I think most people, maybe even men more, get pretty bummed out when they aren't working. Maybe he was taking anti-depressants and hoping that he could discontinue them when he knew of a concrete time he could go back to work. My husband is the only one I tell when I'm taking medication, and only because I'm paranoid something terrible will happen every time I take anything after a really bad experience the first time I took a prescription pain medication.

I'm not ruling out foul play by any means. I think it's probably the most likely.

Try renting a car without a credit card. I've never owned a credit card, nor do I want to. We flew to Phoenix one year, and had to rent a car from Phoenix to Blythe. Guess what? I had to call my brother, put it on HIS credit card, then reimburse him with cash. I thought that was stupid, but they said absolutely, no renting with cash.

Try renting a car without a credit card. I've never owned a credit card, nor do I want to. We flew to Phoenix one year, and had to rent a car from Phoenix to Blythe. Guess what? I had to call my brother, put it on HIS credit card, then reimburse him with cash. I thought that was stupid, but they said absolutely, no renting with cash.

True! Same for a hotel. I think it's possible to disappear/run away but it would take months of careful planning. I would also guess there would be some evidence found - anything from missing passport to an ATM receipt from a secret account. (Unless you know Saul Goodman who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows another guy.)

Would that include leaving the country? I would think that in Mexico, cash would be all one would need (except for a pistol). It has been years since I crossed the border into Mexico, but as I recall, I did not need any paper and no passport.

Would that include leaving the country? I would think that in Mexico, cash would be all one would need (except for a pistol). It has been years since I crossed the border into Mexico, but as I recall, I did not need any paper and no passport.

What are the metrics here? Out of how many non-mentally impaired, healthy adult males, apparently in no financial or legal distress, abscond randomly in the middle of the night to head off (maybe with shoes, maybe barefoot) to Mexico or other far-flung locales? I don't know the math, but I would say that % is quite small.
We could also hypothesize about alien abduction...but ultimately it comes down to two categories: a) he is missing voluntarily or b) he is missing against his will. The latter includes many different scenarios obviously - from the most benign - a walk in where he was injured and unable to return home; to a kidnapping, to a homicide.

One other interesting factor is that Mike disappeared the day after his son's kindergarten graduation, according to the family. This may lead one to believe that if something planned occurred, it was planned so that his son would have his father with him for his big day.

So as a father he would be thoughtful enough to give his kindergarten-age son "one last big day" and then heartless enough to disappear and let this impressionable, young son wonder the rest of his life why daddy left him? I can't see it. There are lots of data and publications about the impact of the loss of a parent on children, none of them positive. The only way that makes any "sense" is if the person isn't thinking rationally due to some kind of mental illness, and lest anyone start in on me, I am NOT saying he was mentally ill. I haven't seen (as other people have said) anything that would substantiate a claim of mental illness against him. So if we predicate our thoughts on the premise that he wasn't mentally ill - then while the scenario you propose is possible, it is not plausible.

I don't think he ran off, but he could be borrowing a car, could be hitchhiking, could be traveling with a friend, could be on a bus or a train. Most small hotels will take cash and won't ask for ID, if he's traveling with cash, shouldn't be a problem. But I don't think someone running away would be renting hotel rooms. I'm thinking off the grid somewhere or with friend. Somewhere not easily traceable.

I still think foul play is the most likely explanation, but people do unexpected things with no warning all the time.

I think the comments from the wife about schizophrenia were likely out of anger. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a fight before he went missing. Maybe she herself was convinced that he had run off. I'd be curious if there are any guns missing from the house and what's in their medicine cabinet.

So as a father he would be thoughtful enough to give his kindergarten-age son "one last big day" and then heartless enough to disappear and let this impressionable, young son wonder the rest of his life why daddy left him? I can't see it. There are lots of data and publications about the impact of the loss of a parent on children, none of them positive. The only way that makes any "sense" is if the person isn't thinking rationally due to some kind of mental illness, and lest anyone start in on me, I am NOT saying he was mentally ill. I haven't seen (as other people have said) anything that would substantiate a claim of mental illness against him. So if we predicate our thoughts on the premise that he wasn't mentally ill - then while the scenario you propose is possible, it is not plausible.

Unfortunately this does happen. A person doesn't have to be mentally ill to abandon his or her children, and yes, it's awful for the kids they leave behind.

I don't think he ran off, but he could be borrowing a car, could be hitchhiking, could be traveling with a friend, could be on a bus or a train. Most small hotels will take cash and won't ask for ID, if he's traveling with cash, shouldn't be a problem. But I don't think someone running away would be renting hotel rooms. I'm thinking off the grid somewhere or with friend. Somewhere not easily traceable.

I still think foul play is the most likely explanation, but people do unexpected things with no warning all the time.

I think the comments from the wife about schizophrenia were likely out of anger. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a fight before he went missing. Maybe she herself was convinced that he had run off. I'd be curious if there are any guns missing from the house and what's in their medicine cabinet.

BBM: Agree.

Since we are saying what we think, I think Mike is no longer alive. My belief is that he left the house in the middle of the night with some purpose in mind but met with an accident. It could have been as simple as being hit by an automobile. Many times, I have come on dark-clothed men at 45-50 mph who were walking on a highway. Not being used to seeing such, I am always sucking in my breath as the encounter is sudden and close. In the time allowed, he could easily have traveled the fifteen miles to place him in the city. He could have even ended up on Interstate highways. Many people would drive on, blaming the encounter on the fellow who should not have been there. After this much time, predators and raptors will have done their work. This is the kind of thing that hunters and those looking at unrelated matters find. The question is what for purpose did he leave home? What decisions would have to be made as to direction? Would anyone notice something after this much time? It may not be that far off the road.

This was always a possibility. And waiting so long to search made it more difficult to find.

My point is NOT that HE planned it! My point is that IF someone else planned it thete may have been remorse! Or at the least, concern for his son! And the timing seems to be a factor. Not in a million years would I believe that Mike left voluntarily. Get what I mean?

So maybe someone planned this and let his son have that last event with him. Oh man. I don't like this. :(

I don't like it at all either.

But to keep along the lines of an accident or hit and run, because it's slightly less depressing...

Was it ever stated what types of walks he would take? Did he just walk around the neighborhood or were these long walks? I wonder if he used any type of tracking app on his phone for his walks? Is that info only available on his phone or can that be accessed some other way? Maybe through a website?

And now when I get kidnapped (or worse) it will come out "We found an article about how to disappear in her internet history so we suspect she just took off."

Im just saying its easy to just vanish.
I don't think he was abducted or committed suicide.
There are even articles out there telling teens how to run away,
Everything is just a click away!

Since we are saying what we think, I think Mike is no longer alive. My belief is that he left the house in the middle of the night with some purpose in mind but met with an accident. It could have been as simple as being hit by an automobile. Many times, I have come on dark-clothed men at 45-50 mph who were walking on a highway. Not being used to seeing such, I am always sucking in my breath as the encounter is sudden and close. In the time allowed, he could easily have traveled the fifteen miles to place him in the city. He could have even ended up on Interstate highways. Many people would drive on, blaming the encounter on the fellow who should not have been there. After this much time, predators and raptors will have done their work. This is the kind of thing that hunters and those looking at unrelated matters find. The question is what for purpose did he leave home. What was he looking for, a good walk to clear his mind? What decisions would have to be made as to direction? Would anyone notice something after this much time? It may not be that far off the road.

Possibly a drunk driver? Or someone who ran him down and realized what they did and kept driving? That was a holiday week right? Lots of people on the road...

Someone mentioned the holiday weekend, which got me to thinking. Was it Thursday into Friday when he was last seen or Friday into Saturday? Went back to the news articles that are still online about his disappearance and found them virtually completely devoid of details. One news station says last seen ON 5/29, one just says last seen on his home street, but no date given. There is so little information given that it seems curious. Normally in MP cases you have so much more detail. To help guide searchers, people who may think they have seen him. Why is this case so silent? Are family members attempting to get the news media's attention and the media is refusing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back