Found Deceased KY - James 'Mike' Kimsey, 48, Louisville, 29 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Within WS "Missing Persons Resources", there's a link to the nampn.org mpchecklist. So, I wonder if anyone (family member/church member/friend/??) has actually asked LE to authorize a search?? Maybe the police can't/won't authorize a search? I'd love to know if this is the case.

Contact the local Search and Rescue (SAR) team. Depending upon the circumstances of disappearance, a man tracker can locate someone whom may have left on foot. He/she should be one of the first on the scene as the scene is likely to become degraded as more people/dogs are around. Texas EquuSearch is also an excellent resource. Their website is
www.texasequusearch.org. Organize family, friends and community to conduct subsequent searches. (Note: Most police agencies have to authorize searches)

http://www.nampn.org/mpchecklist.pdf

Again, an unrelated, unknown person would probably not be granted permission unless the family asked for it to be done. I don't blame them.

Again, an unrelated, unknown person would probably not be granted permission unless the family asked for it to be done. I don't blame them.

I don't mean to seem crass, and I certainly don't want to affix blame on anyone (related/unrelated or otherwise).

I was just wondering if maybe, for example, the church spoke with Mike's parents when they were visiting and possibly suggested something like, "The Men's Wednesday Night Bible Study class has discussed organizing a search party around Mike's home. Would you want to mention this to police and see if it would be helpful?"

I have no idea if the church has a Men's Bible Study Class on Wednesday's. I'm just making up a scenario.

In my little mind, the church is large and organized which means it's already setup as an excellent resource... at the least it's a great place to start. So, if something like this was proposed to the parents and LE would not authorize... then that tells us something.

I'm just trying to figure out if all avenues of potential assistance have been explored. Maybe they have and were simply shut-down by LE, and if so... then all we can do is sit and discuss the puzzling sadness of this case.

I just binge read this whole thread today. I have a couple lingering questions and thoughts.

What had been Mike's routine in the days and weeks before he went missing? It's been said that his neighbors didn't know 'anything was wrong' for 3 weeks. It's also been said that he was close with his neighbors and they would know if he had mental illness (not saying he had one just pointing out the reported closeness of the friendships). It's been reported upthread that he spent time with a neighbor (with his son and neighbor's kid) the night before he went missing? Did Mike and his son often spend time with these and other neighbors? Where did they think he was for those three weeks? Why didn't they notice him not around? Do we know what the son's friends think about the son's absence?

One idea that is admittedly reaching but maybe a possibility. It was mentioned early in the thread that some pilots take 'side jobs' flying drugs. Is it possible that Mike heard, saw or knew something about a fellow pilot who wa taking one of these jobs. Mike's been portrayed by all family and friends that are talking as a law abiding citizen and a pretty stand up guy. Did he go to the police with information? Could it have been a lynch pin to a large case? Could he be in protective custody/ 'witness protection'? That would explain some of his wife's behavior. She may feel like a victim because she's taking heat right now. It would explain her disappearing for awhile. It explains the police being vague. Although it doesn't explain the police doing a search unless there was a huge miscommunication (or lack of communication) somewhere. If there was never a direct threat to her or her son she could've decided to just go back home. She may have felt pressure to 'get involved' with the search so she hands out some fliers.

Wouldn't the massive church the Kimsey's attended be an excellent source of volunteers?? I would think church members would have suggested this previously... isn't this where friends and family gathered earlier? Has the church gone silent on this?? If so, it's very strange (imo).

I'm not sure the characterization of "massive" church is valid - the website of the church where the vigil was held says it has 1600 families. There is no question of the church having "gone silent" on this - to my knowledge I've never seen ANYTHING from the church on this case. What in the world would a church say? I'm sure if someone called they would express their concern for their missing member, but I can't imagine a church making a statement. There has been one public statement by the wife (link previously posted) and now public statements by Mike's parents. There has been one statement by police (also previously posted) and then obviously the first initial release of public information that Mike was missing. That's it. Other than the FB page, this page, and verbal rumors and innuendos, that is it. I have seen larger efforts to find missing pets than what we are seeing here. Stinks to high heaven. Or maybe lower places.

I'm not sure the characterization of "massive" church is valid - the website of the church where the vigil was held says it has 1600 families. There is no question of the church having "gone silent" on this - to my knowledge I've never seen ANYTHING from the church on this case. What in the world would a church say? I'm sure if someone called they would express their concern for their missing member, but I can't imagine a church making a statement. There has been one public statement by the wife (link previously posted) and now public statements by Mike's parents. There has been one statement by police (also previously posted) and then obviously the first initial release of public information that Mike was missing. That's it. Other than the FB page, this page, and verbal rumors and innuendos, that is it. I have seen larger efforts to find missing pets than what we are seeing here. Stinks to high heaven. Or maybe lower places.

Agreed! Also, no one to my knowledge has asked the "church" to get involved. Whatever their policy on doing this sort of work is, they need a request first. I don't think any family of Mike's has asked, or has taken any iniatitive to ask anyone. The wife isn't communicating anywhere about Mike, and his parents and sisters keep being very affected by this, but I can't see that they are actively doing anything other than to hire an outside of town detective (?). If this was my family member I would have conducted searches, etc. Just look at the Bardstown woman for instance. No, they have not found her yet-- been missing for two months-- but they are ruling things and places out.
Something is up here. I think the police know more then they have said.

I read in a previous post "Southeast Christian Church", but maybe the Kimsey's attended another church entirely? It is very possible I am mistaken as to which church they attended.

Nevertheless, while I would not expect S-east Christian Church (nor any other) to make any type of public statement on this case. (Actually, I'd find it very odd if they did!), I would like to hope that any church (they attended) might express to the family an offer to help organize a search (as my scenario suggested and for the very reasons I previously mentioned in my post). It's entirely possible the church did exactly as I would hope... but it was all for not?!

Also, it's very likely family members don't know what steps to take when a loved one is missing. I'd just assume the church would offer to organize a search or help in any other way, not wait to be asked. That's just, of course, my opinion.

I was just wondering if maybe, for example, the church spoke with Mike's parents when they were visiting and possibly suggested something like, "The Men's Wednesday Night Bible Study class has discussed organizing a search party around Mike's home. Would you want to mention this to police and see if it would be helpful?"

I have no idea if the church has a Men's Bible Study Class on Wednesday's. I'm just making up a scenario.

In my little mind, the church is large and organized which means it's already setup as an excellent resource... at the least it's a great place to start. So, if something like this was proposed to the parents and LE would not authorize... then that tells us something?

If organizations and or individuals offered to help with searches and LE discouraged it, what are the possible scenarios that could indicate? Please provide opinions all - I think this is a possible scenario simply from the lack of organized searches and the multiple times I have seen friend's posts offering to help with searches. I understand that amateurs can disrupt crime scenes and destroy evidence, but there are trained groups that are willing to lead these searches and instruct volunteers on proper methods to employ.

In my little mind, the church is large and organized which means it's already setup as an excellent resource... at the least it's a great place to start. So, if something like this was proposed to the parents and LE would not authorize... then that tells us something?

If organizations and or individuals offered to help with searches and LE discouraged it, what are the possible scenarios that could indicate? Please provide opinions all - I think this is a possible scenario simply from the lack of organized searches and the multiple times I have seen friend's posts offering to help with searches. I understand that amateurs can disrupt crime scenes and destroy evidence, but there are trained groups that are willing to lead these searches and instruct volunteers on proper methods to employ.

Maybe they (LE) believe their search was thorough and there are no clues to be found by doing another search. Maybe they have no leads on any other search areas. Maybe they are short on time, resources, and/or manpower to assist/instruct KY SAR on a location to search. Maybe they have evidence to suggest he didn't just walk away from his home in his shorts and t-shirt. The only thing I seem to know for certain is... they believe no public updates nor the release of any additional information will help to locate Mr Kimsey.

Yes, there's no doubt that Southeast is a massive church...even a megachurch! I thought the "church" mentioned was the Catholic Church where the vigil was held, so I am equally likely to be wrong. Even if any church had offered to help the family conduct a search, we wouldn't be likely to know, given the lack of information coming from ANY source in this case. I would go along with your assumption that a church would say to the family "what can we do to help?" and then would follow through with whatever was asked of them.

fred&edna - thank you for that post. somehow it cut through a haze in my mind about this case. From the way I interpreted LE's comments (only comments) I don't think they think he walked away.
The fact that this then leaves us with the thought that no public updates and no releases of information will help to locate him makes it appear a grim scenario indeed. It is frustrating to be on the outside looking at the situation and not having any idea what is going on. But in truth, we have no idea what is going on. There could well be suspect(s) under surveillance, there could be wire taps, who knows what else going on. It's fair to say just because we don't "see" anything, doesn't mean nothing is going on....thank you for your post.

Where are the links for everything about the wife and a suppose ex bf and father, etc?

Just for the record, as a wife of a pilot, wth no body, I don't see how it would pay financially if he isn't found. Also, I recognize the possibility for an affair fem either husband or wife. It is hard to live this life. But, if my husband went missing, let me tell you, I would have our son use our plane to make smoke signals or anything else possible to find our guy. At the same time, I have friends whose pilot husbands are less than stellar husbands in the faithfulness area. I don't know what happened, but I can see anything from an angry wife to an angry boyfriend/husband bing responsible.

Wow! I'm from Kentucky and an hour from Louisville and haven't heard one word about this case on the news, so sad - shared the FB with friends immediately.

I do find it quite it interesting that this case, along with Mike Gorley (missing in my hometown) can't get police or media coverage while other missing person cases seem to get quite a bit (seems like females are often very well covered). I'm a coworker of Mr Gorleys close family member, and I believe there is an illicit reason the police are so hush hush on that case; however, this case has me perplexed.

Like many others, I am clearly bothered by certain aspects of this case, including the delayed timeframe of four days to report him missing. But I try to put myself in various scenarios to consider the mindset of the wife. Mike had been off work for an extended period of time... My husband is near the same age as Mike, and honestly if he was off work for any amount of time he'd be on my last nerve I'd speculate. We may argue, I may go to bed angry, and I could wake to find him not here.although odd that his car still home, perhaps he left with a buddy and checked into a hotel, or worse, he called a woman friend (something I may have speculated or have had prior knowledge of in the past),

That being said, hell would freeze over before I'd call him to check on him. As far as my angy self is concerned he can stay in that hotel or with that tramp until he realizes what he's lost and comes begging for forgiveness. And three or four days later I begin to realize NO ONE is getting answers from Hubby's phone. Then I too begin to worry.

Of course police always look at spouses first, AND often the last person to see someone alive is the person involved in foul-play. So obviously I'm quickly realizing that LE think I hurt hubby. Part of me still doesn't know if he ran away with another woman, has went off and killed himself, or fell victim to random or directed outside crime (or perhaps it was me), but I am mentally and emotionally unable to help because of the focus of family, friends, and LE that I'm involved.

And as far as shoes go, I love my husband dearly but honestly if he went missing this second I can't tell what pajamas he's sleeping in tonight and he has twenty pair of shoes so under pressure its highly unlikely could I figure out which pair was missing from his closet! Maybe I'm a bad wife, but sorry - I have a nine year old kid and a full time job, and keeping up with his outfits are his responsibility not mine!

All of this is just IMO only, I certainly pray he turns up safe. Just speculating about the mindset of a wife who may be a victim (or not) as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ok, we have circled and re circled the whole situation, and we have nothing. Until the family appoints someone to take charge, no one will look for Mike. Until the police have some evidence or lead, they cannot arrest anyone. We are in a holding pattern. Sad for Mike Kimsey.

Yes, there's no doubt that Southeast is a massive church...even a megachurch! I thought the "church" mentioned was the Catholic Church where the vigil was held, so I am equally likely to be wrong. Even if any church had offered to help the family conduct a search, we wouldn't be likely to know, given the lack of information coming from ANY source in this case. I would go along with your assumption that a church would say to the family "what can we do to help?" and then would follow through with whatever was asked of them.

It was St. Aloysius Church not Southeast Christian. A friend's daughter-in-law helped pass out flyers.

Agreed! Also, no one to my knowledge has asked the "church" to get involved. Whatever their policy on doing this sort of work is, they need a request first. I don't think any family of Mike's has asked, or has taken any iniatitive to ask anyone. The wife isn't communicating anywhere about Mike, and his parents and sisters keep being very affected by this, but I can't see that they are actively doing anything other than to hire an outside of town detective (?). If this was my family member I would have conducted searches, etc. Just look at the Bardstown woman for instance. No, they have not found her yet-- been missing for two months-- but they are ruling things and places out.
Something is up here. I think the police know more then they have said.

ALandsy and Anchorage, you must realize the Kimsey's hands are tied. His parents/sister PLEAD/ASK for help every day on his Facebook page "Help Find Mike Kimsey". They aren't getting any information from the police and/or Val Kimsey. Also, they have not heard from her since she called them four days after he went missing. (modsnip) The Kimsey family and many, many of their friends in Tennessee would love to conduct some kind of search but... it's easier said than done.

Did you see the live interview Steve Burgin, Wlky 32, did with Mr. & Mrs. Kimsey last week? It just broke my heart. They're not young and it was a long trip for them, but they were determined to speak about Mike. I think if you watch it, you will get a better understanding. Also, watch the interview Steve Burgin did with his friend.

How do you know it's an "out of town" detective?

fred&edna - thank you for that post. somehow it cut through a haze in my mind about this case. From the way I interpreted LE's comments (only comments) I don't think they think he walked away.
The fact that this then leaves us with the thought that no public updates and no releases of information will help to locate him makes it appear a grim scenario indeed. It is frustrating to be on the outside looking at the situation and not having any idea what is going on. But in truth, we have no idea what is going on. There could well be suspect(s) under surveillance, there could be wire taps, who knows what else going on. It's fair to say just because we don't "see" anything, doesn't mean nothing is going on....thank you for your post.

While we don't see/hear anything, it's very important to keep his name in front of the public as much as possible.

ALansby, the church is a catholic church, St. Aloysius. That's where the son goes to school, too.

It's not just pilot husbands/wives that are less than stellar.....it's most likely anybody in a uniform. I was married to one in a uniform.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy
Back