Found Deceased KY - James 'Mike' Kimsey, 48, Louisville, 29 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Looking at that map pi$$es me off even more. I can't believe he was that close all this time. It seams to me that every square inch of that lot of trees should have been searched, regardless of how thick the underbrush was. Shame on them!

So if you go to maps and blow up that area where Anchorage has helpfully identified "Body Found" - specifically on Bing Maps (which was taken during winter months, whereas Google maps seems to be during summer) that area between his residence and where his body was found seems to have tracks all in it, as if someone used it for four wheeling, or dirt bikes, or the like. Which would have been/could have been expected to have been used all summer and fall, without anyone noticing anything unusual? Also, the neighborhood where the body was found (not his home neighborhood) the houses are much closer together and fairly close to that "dense area". I agree with Anchorage that a gunshot would have aroused suspicion in that area. Although if a silencer was used, that could explain the lack of anyone reporting hearing it.
Bing image is first: Google image is second:
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 1Capture.JPG
    1Capture.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 237
  • 2Capture.jpg
    2Capture.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 231
Last post showing the google maps with the possible four wheeler tracks.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 3Capture.jpg
    3Capture.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 356
To respond to some comments in this thread today: a dog was specifically mentioned; either in the press conference or other media reports.
A gun would not have been his first choice perhaps. While the houses are spread out a little, a gun shot in the middle of the night would be noticed. I think he used a rope, his body hung from a tree for awhile, and perhaps some of his remains are still entangled it in up in a tree. That might help resolve this some.
i live in the area, and have for about 20 years. I am telling you that no dogs are "allowed" to run loose and the other neighbors would be right on top of the offenders. Many people have invisible fences, which trap their own dogs if another dog came into their yard and attacked them. I doubt any one dog was allowed to roam around much, and to go into the woods/thicket and get a bone (jaw bone I think) and bring it back is pushing it. But I can't say for sure.

i have a map-- all marked up for you. I have no idea how to upload it here. I just tried again, let's see if it worked.

rbbm

Why do you think a rope was involved? Sorry if I missed something, but did LE say they found a rope with his remains? IF he did commit suicide, my first thought would be that he overdosed on pills. The only reason I would make that speculation is because he may have had pain medication due to his past surgeries. I keep reading about how much he loved his boy and I would imagine that even though he may have decided to commit suicide, he would have had his son's feelings in mind and would have wanted to end his life without the possibility of his son seeing a gruesome discovery. That could explain why a person would literally hide in the undergrowth and overdose, as opposed to using a gun, or even a rope. If found early on, there would be little evidence of death and maybe in his mind that would be less traumatic for his son -- like he was just "sleeping" (I'm not saying his son would have found him, but just meaning that when his son is older and can process it all, the manner of his death would be less gruesome.)

I am not certain that this is what happened. I'm on the fence about this case. I'm confused and curious about what his parents said about how Mike had told them that something bad was going to happen in his household. Did he mean a divorce? Did he mean his death? I really hope forensics will come back with something.

I feel so sad for Mike's family.

I am so torn. On the one hand, it seems like a very weird place to commit suicide in the middle of the night. On the other, it seems like a dumb place to hide a body/kill someone, since it was so close to his house. I know random murders can resolve like this, just out in the woods in a highly populated area...but if he WAS murdered, I don't believe it was random.

Baffling. Utterly baffling.

i live in the area, and have for about 20 years. I am telling you that no dogs are "allowed" to run loose and the other neighbors would be right on top of the offenders. Many people have invisible fences, which trap their own dogs if another dog came into their yard and attacked them. I doubt any one dog was allowed to roam around much, and to go into the woods/thicket and get a bone (jaw bone I think) and bring it back is pushing it. But I can't say for sure.

Since you have a good feel for the area and there are no dogs roaming loose, how do you think the jaw bone got into a person's yard? Or do you think that this part of the story that has been shared with us isn't truthful, like this is not how he was found?

I live in a "good" neighborhood where there are rarely dogs "running free". However, some days we do see a neighbor's dog running around. A human opens a gate, and the dog bolts free. My dog is one of these kinds of dogs! He is mostly contained, but occasionally, the boys leave a gate open and the neighborhood seems like a fun new playground.

I just don't get a "hinky" feeling just because only recently the dog brought back a bone. It happens. So does life.

I still do not lean one way or the other regarding his cause of death, but I am not willing to discount the option that he took his own life. We have seen too many cases on WS just through the last few years that demonstrate that noone really knows what is going on in another person's mind. Too many times, I can recall it being said "He/She would just never leave...", and they are found deceased by their own hand. To me, Mike's case would not be a surprising one. A very highly though of person, successful in many ways, but dealing with a physical weakness and recovery. Physical ailments can and do affect different people in different ways.

I am thankful that his body is found so that at least there can be a "moving forward" of sorts. He can be respectfully laid to rest. His family can stop wondering "IF" he is still out there somewhere. The questions are still there about why, how, who... But, for now, we must wait on the process to see if any additional information can be found.

ALansbury: What is the long straightaway on the left side of the picture? Is this also 4-wheeler tracks? How tall are the trees in this area? How large of a 4-wheeler / or vehicle can get into the under and over growth in these areas of vegetation?

RIP Mike, and may the truth, whatever it may be, see the light of day. Condolences to every loved one.

Reactions: Hap
Since you have a good feel for the area and there are no dogs roaming loose, how do you think the jaw bone got into a person's yard? Or do you think that this part of the story that has been shared with us isn't truthful, like this is not how he was found?

I am wondering how the remains that were found in the homeowner's yard were discovered? And how did those remains lead anyone to the brush? If no domestic dog was around to lead the way.... Who realized to contact the police?

The long straightaway on the left appears to be tracks but is actually a reflection from power lines I believe based on looking at the wider picture on Google maps. From the "birds eye view" on Google maps, some of the trees look quite tall. But there does appear to be varying heights and "brush" (maybe wild rosebush?) in some areas, appears to be fairly thick.
Perhaps Anchorage can answer more definitively, I thought they had mentioned that they had driven by that spot many times.

If the location where Mike was found is where Anchorage shows us on the map, then following the footpaths/roads, it is indeed 0.7 miles, as reported. Mike left on foot and wouldn't need to walk those paths/roads as his back garden/yard joins Reamers Lane. Once over his back garden fence, it's only a few yards to the track where he was found. It is so close and very sad indeed, but the family must be so relieved to finally have their dear Mike back.

Woke up to this thought this morning. Search dogs couldn't find him but a random wandering dog did?

If the location where Mike was found is where Anchorage shows us on the map, then following the footpaths/roads, it is 0.7 miles, as reported. Mike left on foot and wouldn't need to walk those paths/roads as his back garden/yard joins Reamers Lane. Once over his back garden fence, it's only a few yards to the track where he was found. It is so close and very sad indeed, but the family must be so relieved to finally have their dear Mike back.

Yep I just looked and it's max 250 metres as the crow flies. Quite angry he was that close and nobody found him...

Yep I just looked and it's max 250 metres as the crow flies. Quite angry he was that close and nobody found him...

Exactly, as the crow flies.
I did wonder how they could state it was Mike they found without doing the regular tests so I'm presuming, besides his clothing, they perhaps found his wallet or phone there.

Exactly, as the crow flies.
I did wonder how they could state it was Mike they found without doing the regular tests so I'm presuming, besides his clothing, they perhaps found his wallet or phone there.

They must have. Please let the autopsy show something - whether it's an overdose or other suicide, or a murder. If it's inconclusive we might never know what happened.

Slightly off topic but on the last page someone mentioned rope/hanging. There was a case here a couple of years ago where someone had hung themselves in a tall tree on a golf course. It wasn't until weeks or months later that parts of the body fell to the ground once it had composed enough. It always makes me think "look up" when there are searches in woody areas.

They must have. Please let the autopsy show something - whether it's an overdose or other suicide, or a murder. If it's inconclusive we might never know what happened.

Slightly off topic but on the last page someone mentioned rope/hanging. There was a case here a couple of years ago where someone had hung themselves in a tall tree on a golf course. It wasn't until weeks or months later that parts of the body fell to the ground once it had composed enough. It always makes me think "look up" when there are searches in woody areas.

I don't know how long it takes for this to happen but it has to fall to the ground eventually. Obviously I have no idea what has occurred but this is a possibility, sadly.

I'm wondering how search dogs would have missed him, if he was there the whole time, but they picked up his scent at the rock quarry several miles away from his house in November. This was on the news that they picked up his scent there and so they did a search. This baffles me.

I'm wondering how search dogs would have missed him, if he was there the whole time, but they picked up his scent at the rock quarry several miles away from his house in November. This was on the news that they picked up his scent there and so they did a search. This baffles me.

Good point. Lets hope the forensic officers do a better job than the search team huh? They will be able to clarify whether he has been there the whole time I think. I hope.

I don't know that the search dogs picked up "his" scent at the quarry, or if they picked up a "cadaver scent". Depends on what the dogs were trained for, and how they conducted the search. I have never seen anything in MSM about this level of detail around that search.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgieCat
Back