Found Deceased KY - Kandi Green Gonzalez 36, scared, called mom, jumped in creek, Prestonsburg, 1 Jun 2021 *Reward*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's been 2 weeks now, and to be honest I'm not holding out much hope.

She hasn't resurfaced out of the woods and her shoes were seen at the creek.

I'm hoping and she wasn't wearing any shoes, she may not have got too far, and hopefully SAR or LE will find her body.

They ARE searching aren't they? I'm worried there doesn't seem to be much movement in this case.
I hope they don't treat all missing people like this, it's sad.

Google Earth Link
Google Earth
#googleearth

I agree that the longer she’s missing, it’s less probable this will turn out the way we all hope. :(

I can’t be sure on what searches LE has done. It was shared LE did an initial search and interviewed the people at the house where she asked to call her home. On the Let’s Find Kandi fb page it was shared that KSP brought search dogs out the Saturday after she disappeared for a short bit. I’ve not seen any other searches LE have done shared in media, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they haven’t done any more.

It’s been shared Kandi’s family has set up base at an empty house/building near where she was last seen; this is where they have meet every day to search for Kandi. As of yesterday, family was still conducting searches.

I mentioned in an earlier post that when looking at a map of the area where Kandi was last seen, that I had trouble “finding” (meaning being able to view them without obstruction of trees, etc) sources of water close by including creeks. After zeroing in more on specific where Kandi was last seen (actual house), I went back and looked at the map. I’m assuming the creek where her shoes were found is located directly behind that house or at least pretty close. There’s Hackworth Branch located directly behind house. There’s also State Road Fork.
Using Google earth, it appears IF Kandi were to walk directly south from the house she was seen at, she’d have to travel 1.05 miles until coming out of the woods and onto someone else’s property (appears to be a home).
IF walking west/southwest for 1/2 mile, she’d come out at what appears to be power lines.
There appears to be houses just directly across from the power lines as well (lil farther west .10 mile from power lines).

I'm thinking if she were distressed and lost in the woods, she may have been walking around in circles totally panicked. And then once night fell, no chance.

At some point she would have succumbed to dehydration, I would think.

I'm 100% certain she's still in those woods.

https://www.1039thebulldog.com/2021...g-offered-in-floyd-county-missing-woman-case/

There is now a $10,000 reward for information leading to the discovery of a Floyd County woman not seen since June 1. The family of Kandi Green Gonzalez says they just want her home and they need volunteer searchers to help them. Her mom, Betty Dixon, says while there are rumors about what may have happened, she wants to remind the community that her daughter is a mom, sister, and someone’s daughter. Gonzalez is described as 5′8″ tall, 110 pounds, with blond hair and blue eyes. She was last seen on Abbott Creek Road in Prestonsburg on June 1. She was wearing a pink one-piece romper outfit.

Sadly, I agree with annpats and I think Kandi is still in the woods. People who are totally clearheaded can get lost in a very small area of woods. I have no doubt that being distressed would make getting lost that much easier. I hope she is somewhere safe and sound but in my opinion, she never left those woods and is probably within 5 miles of the house the Snapchat photo was taken.

JMO, but I find it strange that FCSO has not posted anything about Kandi going missing to notify the public, esp those that live close to where she sent missing at. Again, JMO.
Wonder the reasoning behind this?

Very odd that Law Enforcement doesn't seem to be actively searching or bringing awareness to this case.
Something feels off.

It seems Floyd Co (finally) decided to post about Kandi missing; it was just posted and already has over 250 comments.

The post includes a missing persons flyer created by the AWARE Foundation and a statement saying Floyd Co has planned to do a search for Kandi on Saturday.

It seems Floyd Co (finally) decided to post about Kandi missing; it was just posted and already has over 250 comments.

The post includes a missing persons flyer created by the AWARE Foundation and a statement saying Floyd Co has planned to do a search for Kandi on Saturday.

OK I'm glad they're finally doing a search, but hate the way they're going about it. Waiting until Saturday, and saying exactly where they'll be searching! Aargh! Don't they realize that's plenty of time for someone to cover up/move/all kinds of things!

OK I'm glad they're finally doing a search, but hate the way they're going about it. Waiting until Saturday, and saying exactly where they'll be searching! Aargh! Don't they realize that's plenty of time for someone to cover up/move/all kinds of things!

IMO, I believe the majority of people feel the exact same way.
It’s pretty sad.

Search planned Saturday in Floyd County for missing woman

The Floyd County Sheriff’s Office said it will be conducting a search Saturday for a missing woman.

Deputies plan to be in the Abbott Creek, Left Fork Abbott Creek and Bonanza communities to search for Kandi Green Gonzalez, who has been reported missing, according to a Facebook post Tuesday, June 15, from the sheriff’s office.

A flier said Gonzalez, 36, was last seen June 1.

The sheriff’s office said it will post a reminder on Friday with more details about the intended search locations.

This is such a frustrating case! I’m glad that LE is finally getting involved but their overall lack of urgency is concerning. It also seems strange to me for them to announce a search that is still days away.

Maybe it’s that we have so many gaps in the details surrounding the case - and the ones we do have are incomplete and just lead to more questions - but something just feels off to me. Praying that the family can get some answers and much needed help.

There is a discussion group on FB dedicated to this case and there is a lot more information in there. Not sure if I'm aloud to link it or not? It's called "Kandi Gonzalez Missing Discussion Group" There are videos and even a post shown from the owner of the property she was last seen on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ewpcg77
Back