KY KY - Kathy, 48, & Samantha Netherland, 16, Botland, 21 Apr 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This article stated that the Netherlands case would be added to the FBI site. “Now includes the unsolved murders of Tommy Ballard (Crystal Rogers's father), officer Jason Ellis and mother and daughter Kathy and Samantha Netherland.”

But I just checked the site and Kathy and Samantha are not there. WHAT GIVES with the case? Why so little attention from LE?

I don’t understand it either. Totally bizarre

Unsolved Bardstown murders added to FBI Louisville website | whas11.com

Federal Bureau of Investigation

jmo

Bringing this back up, hoping for justice for Samantha and Kathy

Welcome to Websleuths! @Cecionthefarm

I am there with you, hoping for justice.

I don’t know that it will happen, but it would be good to know that this case hasn’t been forgotten by LE. Mostly crickets from them (and media) on this case.

Cross-posting here. We simply have so little information about a motive for Samantha’s murder. Nor do we know about her private social media use. This suspect’s profile was used in 2016, but it’s not impossible that it was used earlier, or under a different profile name.

Detectives with the Delphi Investigation Seek Information

While investigating the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German, detectives with the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office and the Indiana State Police have uncovered an online profile named anthony_shots. This profile was being used from 2016 to 2017 on social media applications, including but not limited to, Snapchat and Instagram. The fictitious anthony_shots profile used images of a known male model and portrayed himself as being extremely wealthy and owning numerous sports cars. The creator of the fictitious profile used this information while communicating with juvenile females to solicit nude images, obtain their addresses, and attempt to meet them. Pictured below, you’ll see images of the known male model and images the fictitious anthony_shots profile sent to underage females.

We have already identified the male in these images that were used by the anthony_shots profile. The male that is in the photos is not a person of interest in the investigation. Detectives are seeking information about the person who created the anthony_shots profile.

Investigators would like any individual that communicated with, met, or attempted to meet the anthony_shots profile to contact law enforcement by utilizing the tip email/phonenumber:abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com or 765-822-3535.

Please provide as much information as you possibly can. For example, when you communicated with anthony_shots, how you communicated with the profile, what social media applications the account used, and if anthony_shots attempted to meet you or obtain your address. If you have saved images or conversations with the anthony_shots profile, please attach them to your email.

Detectives with the Delphi Investigation Seek Information

If you’re a Gray Hughes fan, here’s a video he created on one of his channels. Hopefully this is approved. Gray has researched this case see for years, allegedly

video is from 1/2/2022

NELSON COUNTY, Ky. — Right now there are seven pending murder cases in Nelson County, according to the commonwealth's attorney. You've probably heard of a few of them. Crystal Rogers, Tommy Ballard, Jason Ellis, Kathy and Samantha Netherland. In all of those cases, investigators are still searching for the person or people responsible.

In Nelson County, there's a question about justice and why it's so hard to get. "In Nelson County, there are some high profile cases, I think everybody is working on those as hard as they can. We just all try to cooperate with law enforcement, there are a lot of law enforcement agencies working on all of the cases here. We feel very confident in every case we have, including this case, will have a successful conclusion," Goehagan said.

Bumping for Kathy and Samantha.
This is not a new article, but I’d not seen it before, especially these details about the suspect on video entering via the front door.

Few details of the slayings were released to the public. According to Hibbard, Kathy and Samantha stopped at a grocery store before they got home. They may have picked up a pizza on their way; Hibbard seems to remember seeing a pizza box on the kitchen countertop.

The killer arrived as the mother and daughter were winding down for the evening. Samantha had changed into pajamas, and Kathy had swapped her work clothes for a T-shirt and shorts.

Sometime around 7 p.m., Samantha took one of their dogs outside. She’d been texting with her boyfriend that night. They said goodnight shortly before the murderer appeared on the Netherlands’ doorstep.

Surveillance footage from a liquor store across from the house shows a black car entering the driveway around 7:45 p.m. and leaving 15 minutes later, Hibbard said.

A large, shadowy figure appears to enter Kathy’s front door.

This image gave Hibbard pause. Most of Kathy’s loved ones used the side door. “That’s where she parked,” Hibbard said. “That’s the door they used.” Kathy would complain about the heavy wooden front door, which often got stuck.

Yet the phantom appeared to walk in without hesitation.

Are there any still photos of the suspect from the liquor store video?
I have not seen any. The above article is the first I have ever heard that the footage included someone entering the home. I had heard that was what was thought happened, but not that the footage actually included it. I only knew of the photo of the car. I can’t understand why they don’t release the footage.
E70BFAC1-6D0B-4887-8893-0CE870654ABA.jpeg

I have not seen any. The above article is the first I have ever heard that the footage included someone entering the home. I had heard that was what was thought happened, but not that the footage actually included it. I only knew of the photo of the car. I can’t understand why they don’t release the footage.
View attachment 366313

Thanks for sharing this info and the video. Did they really pick up a take out pizza or was it delivered?! Samantha’s attack was brutal and personal. Idk the longer this goes on the more confusing it becomes. Wishing for answers and justice.

Thanks for sharing this info and the video. Did they really pick up a take out pizza or was it delivered?! Samantha’s attack was brutal and personal. Idk the longer this goes on the more confusing it becomes. Wishing for answers and justice.
Wow. Good thought. Surely Bardstown LE would have checked it out? :rolleyes: Most pizza boxes have the business name on them.

I just cannot understand how a double homicide involving a child has gotten so little public LE attention.

jmo

The Netherland Murders interest me because they are “low risk” victims and there is no obvious motive. There is the intriguing possibility that they are somehow connected to the other “Bardstown Murders”. The others seem to be linked to the Bardstown Police Dept but this mother-daughter pair appear to have no ties to anyone involved in those murders.

These murders appear to be planned and deliberate. They were not crimes of passion and there is nothing to suggest a sexual element. It appears someone went to the house intent on killing both of them. There is no way to tell if one was the intended victim and the other was collateral damage. Usually the adult would be the target but the murderer appears to been intent on killing Samantha. If anything, her attack appears more “personal” than her mothers.

In cases like this, you expect to find some underlying business issues, family dispute, or some conflict involving serious money. As far as I can tell, the only “ issue” that Law Enforcement was able to turn up is that Kathy may not have particularly liked the guy who older daughter was dating. Nothing was found to connect the daughter or her boyfriend to murders but that was the only lead so it was pursued.

It is possible that this was all a mistake; a hit man who had the wrong address or something. Then, there is that question about the other murders. None have been solved. There is a general suspicion that Crystal Rogers was killed by her boyfriend out of jealousy and/or custody issues involving their child. That would seem to have nothing to do with the Netherlands. The other murders do have connections to the Rogers disappearance but nothing has been found to explain them. There may be more than meets the eye and it could involve the Netherlands.

The mystery vehicle is apparently a late model Chevy Impala. Apparently demand for full size American cars has fallen way down and such vehicles are not very common. One regular customer for them are Car Rental companies. Was that angle checked out?

The Netherland Murders interest me because they are “low risk” victims and there is no obvious motive. There is the intriguing possibility that they are somehow connected to the other “Bardstown Murders”. The others seem to be linked to the Bardstown Police Dept but this mother-daughter pair appear to have no ties to anyone involved in those murders.

These murders appear to be planned and deliberate. They were not crimes of passion and there is nothing to suggest a sexual element. It appears someone went to the house intent on killing both of them. There is no way to tell if one was the intended victim and the other was collateral damage. Usually the adult would be the target but the murderer appears to been intent on killing Samantha. If anything, her attack appears more “personal” than her mothers.

In cases like this, you expect to find some underlying business issues, family dispute, or some conflict involving serious money. As far as I can tell, the only “ issue” that Law Enforcement was able to turn up is that Kathy may not have particularly liked the guy who older daughter was dating. Nothing was found to connect the daughter or her boyfriend to murders but that was the only lead so it was pursued.

It is possible that this was all a mistake; a hit man who had the wrong address or something. Then, there is that question about the other murders. None have been solved. There is a general suspicion that Crystal Rogers was killed by her boyfriend out of jealousy and/or custody issues involving their child. That would seem to have nothing to do with the Netherlands. The other murders do have connections to the Rogers disappearance but nothing has been found to explain them. There may be more than meets the eye and it could involve the Netherlands.

The mystery vehicle is apparently a late model Chevy Impala. Apparently demand for full size American cars has fallen way down and such vehicles are not very common. One regular customer for them are Car Rental companies. Was that angle checked out?
I have ready that the KY State Police did a DMV check and obtained a list of all the Chevrolet Impalas anywhere close to Barnstown and checked all of them and came up with nothing. Nothing adds up in this case.

These murders appear to be planned and deliberate. They were not crimes of passion and there is nothing to suggest a sexual element.

I disagree completely. This screams "sexual sadist" to me. Such people confuse murder with sex.

My suspicion is that the perpetrator saw the teenage daughter while she was out with her mother, stalked them, followed them home discretely (to discover where they lived), and came back later to murder them.

“Kathy and Samantha Netherland, the mother and daughter tortured and killed in their Nelson County home, were not mentioned in the letter. When asked why not, the Attorney General's Office said they were not asked to intervene in the Netherlands case.”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice
Back