GUILTY KY - Maurice Gordon, 16, & Larry Ordway, 14, brothers, slain, Louisville, 22 May 2016 *3 guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We're now going to hear about autopsies of the victims. Forensic pathologist Dr. Lauren Lippincott is on the stand.

1702604634023.png

Dr. Lippencott did the autopsy on Chris Jones. He's the victim that prosecutors say was shot by #BriceRhodes in the street.

1702604703403.png

Dr. Lippencott testifies Chris Jones died from a single gunshot wound that went through his arm and into his body. His liver was damaged and internal bleeding began.

@cathyrusson

@cathyrusson

Dr. Lippencott also performed the autopsy on Larry Ordway (14). He had 24 'sharp force' wounds. All 24 wounds, he would have been alive for. No defensive wounds on his hands. (testimony was that his hands were tied behind his back). His body was burned after death.

1702604801312.png

NOW: Co-defendant Jacorey "Corey" Taylor has been called to stand. He is no longer in custody having fulfilled the terms under the plea, except for testifying which he is doing now. He is NOT wanting to answer questions.

1702604914509.png

Taylor is refusing to answer if he knows #BriceRhodes. That's causing a sidebar with Taylor at the bench.

1702604934406.png

Judge sent the jury out and she is admonishing Taylor that he must answer the questions.

In 2017, #BriceRhodes is accused of slipping note/documents to Jacorey Taylor in jail with "RATS GET EXPOSED" written on a police report. Taylor is refusing to look toward Rhodes right now.

Jacorey Taylor was 17 years old at the time of the murders.

@cathyrusson

@cathyrusson

Taylor looks scared and like he's about to cry.

1702605061861.png
1702605073407.png

Judge is calling an attorney in to represent Taylor in case he wants to talk to someone during his testimony. Jury is coming back in.

Anjuan Carter is Jacorey Taylor's cousin. He met #BriceRhodes though Maurice and Larry (victims). Rhodes dated Maurice and Larry's mom.

Looks like the attorney the judge called in for Taylor as arrived. They are all at the bench now.

The attorney is sidebar with Jacorey Taylor.

Taylor sits back down and immediately says, "I ain't go nothing to say." And now he is refusing to answer all questions. "I respect what y'all are doing here but I ain't got nothing to say about the incident."

Taylor will not answer anymore questions. This is going to be a violation of his plea deal and he could go back to jail.

Taylor's plea was to facilitation of murder and with time served he got out sometime in 2018 or 2019. If he refuses to testify truthfully as to the terms of his plea, the prosecution could reinstate the actual murder charges and he could face life.

Judge has sent the jury out and allowed Taylor to leave the courtroom with his attorney to have a talk.

@cathyrusson

Taylor is back on the stand. Will he answer questions?

Prosecution asking for permission to ask Jacorey Taylor leading questions which is normally only allowed under cross-exam but the judge could deem him a hostile witness and allow the state to lead.

Were you there when Mr. Jones was killed? Taylor: Yes, ma'am.

Taylor says he was in the Mazda when Chris Jones was shot. He said Larry and Maurice were in the front, he and #BriceRhodes were in the backseat. Dejaun was following them in a truck. (This coincides with Dejuan's testimony yesterday. )

Taylor said #BriceRhodes said they were going to find someone "with a price on their head.”

Taylor said they saw someone in the middle of the street and #BriceRhodes shot the guy. (Chris Jones)

Taylor said he got the gun from a friend and he gave it to #BriceRhodes that day.

Taylor: I was young. I just went along with it.

Taylor: After #BriceRhodes shot Chris Young, they all went back to Larry and Maurice's. They didn't talk about what just happened. "We ain't never seen nobody get shot. We were all scared.”

1702605510585.png

Later, Maurice, Larry and Jacorey talked a little bit about it. He said they didn't want to mess with #BriceRhodes anymore.

Taylor testified that #BriceRhodes told him that he believes Maurice and Larry told their mother about the killing of Chris Jones.

Taylor says #BriceRhodes was afraid Maurice and Larry were going to talk and "he said we got to kill 'em”.

1702605812962.png

Taylor and Carter when to Maurice and Larry's house to spend the night. They weren't at their house. They found out the brothers were with #BriceRhodes.

Taylor and Carter went over to #BriceRhodes place that where Maurice and Larry were.

Taylor says there were other people there. 1 or 2 females and another guy with Larry, Maurice and #BriceRhodes. He said they were partying, chilling, everyone getting along.

Taylor: Then I remember #BriceRhodes saying to Maurice, "You tellin' on me?" or something like that.

They were all drinking/partying. Maurice told #BriceRhodes no, he wasn't telling on him. Then Rhodes said, "we got a violator here." Maurice picked up a knife, Brice grabbed it and hit Maurice.

The female had already left at this point.

"And that's when he insisted on doing what he did."

Taylor said #BriceRhodes then told him to "violate" Maurice. He wanted Taylor to punch him (Maurice) in his chest.

Brice then told them they needed to tie up Maurice. Taylor says then #BriceRhodes stabbed Maurice. Maurice had a sock in his mouth, his hands were tied. "He stabbed him and he made Anjuan stab him too.”

Taylor now begins to sob when he talks about Maurice getting stabbed.

1702605710900.png

Taylor says then #BriceRhodes made Larry come out of the bathroom, "He did the same thing to Larry and he made me stab him too.”

Taylor says he remembers Larry tried to break free but #BriceRhodes pinned him down and started stabbing him. After he was dead, Taylor says Rhodes made him also stab Larry's body. "Once we was in it, we was in it." Taylor starts crying and says "We just as guilty.”

"I couldn't do nothing, cause I was scared...I just know I couldn't save him.." Jacorey Taylor breaks down in tears on the stand.

No reaction from #BriceRhodes during this testimony.

1702606219017.png

Taylor says #BriceRhodes made him and Carter clean up all the blood. "We cleaned it up with bleach." Dejuan Carter also testified to this yesterday.

Brice Rhodes returned and said the bodies are burnt and dumped in a backyard in the west end.

Prosecutor asks why Taylor and Carter didn't leave during the night while #BriceRhodes was gone disposing of the bodies. "We were scared.....I had never seen anything like that in my life.”

Now to the 'Rats get exposed' note. Prosecutor asks if at some point did Taylor receive a letter from #BriceRhodes. He says yes. That prompts a sidebar requested by defense.

Taylor was not allowed to testify about the "rats" letter. Prosecutor asked if he recognized it as #BriceRhodes handwriting and he said he didn't know his handwriting.

Taking a break before cross-exam. Here is #BriceRhodes during the break.

1702606255170.png
@cathyrusson

@cathyrusson

NOW: Cross-exam of co-defendant Jacorey Taylor. "You were involved in all 3 murders, weren't you?" I was there.

Under cross, Taylor says he purchased the gun that was used to kill Chris Jones at Maurice and Larry's house.

Taylor says he purchased the gun for $200 to $300 cash. He doesn't remember where he got the money. Who did you buy it from? A friend. "He was kin to Maurice and Larry."
"Who sold you the gun at Maurice and Larry's house?" Taylor keeps saying it was a friend of theirs. He hasn't/won't name him.

Taylor's attitude has changed now that he's under cross. He's on the defensive.

Taylor said he didn't purchase the gun to commit a murder he purchased it for his own protection. But he gave it to Brice, Brice shot Jones and the gun was disposed of.

10+ minute video

Grandma of Slain Teens Cries While Giving Emotional Testimony In Brice Rhodes' Triple Murder Trial​

The grandmother of teenage murder victims Larry Ordway and Maurice Gordon gave an emotional testimony when she took the stand to talk about the character of the two boys. “They were very loving, got along with everyone, and everyone truly loved them,” Deborah Wren said. The accused murderer, Brice Rhodes, allegedly killed the two boys after he believed they witnessed the murder of Christopher Jones.

WATCH LIVE: Triple Murder Trial — KY v. Brice Rhodes — Day Four​

Brice Rhodes is accused of killing three people throughout the month of May in 2016. Rhodes allegedly shot and killed Christopher Jones, 40, then later murdered two witnesses — Larry Ordway, 14, and Ordway’s brother Maurice Gordon, 16 — out of concern that they might implicate him in Jones’ murder. Rhodes had three co-defendants who all pled guilty and agreed to testify against him during his trial.

Does this judge not have a clerk present? She is swearing in witnesses and typing up a storm I am assuming admitting evidence during testimony of witnesses? The court's website indicates she does have a bench clerk, Brenda. Does this courtroom not have a court reporter either? I haven't seen one yet, the camera rarely zooms out.
Am I missing something?
My guess is there would have to be a court reporter. moo

Room:4
09:00 AM
17-CR-001475 COMMONWEALTH VS. RHODES, BRICE J.
(JURY TRIAL)
10490130ATTEMPTING TO ESCAPE FROM PENITENTIARYNA
20014010CRIMINAL MISCHIEF, 1ST DEGREENA
30502300TAMPERING WITH PHYSICAL EVIDENCENA

https://www.jeffersonkycourtclerk.com › court-dockets

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- The trial of an accused Louisville triple murderer reached its third day of testimony on Thursday.

Brice Rhodes is accused of shooting and killing 40-year-old Christopher Jones in May 2016. Later that month, he allegedly killed 14-year-old Larry Ordway and 16-year-old Maurice Gordon. Police have said Gordon and Ordway were killed at Rhodes' home in Clifton. Their bodies were dumped in the Shawnee neighborhood and set on fire.

Rhodes allegedly tied the two brothers up and made them beg for their lives before stabbing them, according to an interview with a co-defendant. The two were allegedly killed because Rhodes was worried they might tell police about his involvement in Jones' murder.

Kaelin told Rhodes last week that he would be removed from court or shocked by an ankle cuff if he is disruptive during the trial.

Testimony continues Friday morning.

Defendant testifies Brice Rhodes made him participate in murders of teen brothers

4 hrs ago

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper