GUILTY KY - Paige Johnson, 17, found deceased, Florence, 23 Sept 2010 *arrest in 2020*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He was extremely angry about something the day before Paige went missing. There were a few exchanges on his FB page and even Paige was involved.
Yes, he posted something along the lines of "if you mess with [friend] I'll delete you first" which, who knows what he meant by "delete"

Apparently Paige had had problems with that friend he was referring to because she felt the need to request to be "left out of it" to JB.

Frankly, I've never for one second bought the whole "protector of the women" image that his family and certain friends of his have been trying to convey. The guy has two burglaries on his record. His own mother even admitted he's "pulled a man out of his car" although she was trying to make him look good.

All I see in Jacob Bumpass is a man with big time anger problems.

Sure, they might not have thought he would hurt her. But nobody does anything until they DO for the first time. And he's obviously got issues.

All that said, I'm still really, really hoping she's found safe. Seems like a good girl at heart who just fell victim to what she was born into.

Missing Teen's Supporters Turn To Santa

Friends of a missing northern Kentucky teen are banding together on Facebook, asking Santa for intervention on her behalf.

[snip]

Her testimony came on the same day a group of online followers decided to send letters to Santa Claus.

The administrator for the Facebook group, "Bring Paige Home Safe For Holidays," said all the participants agreed to go to Santa, in Santa Claus, Ind., with an appeal.

Group members admitted that the effort is not likely to bring her home, but they said they hope the letters of concern will cause someone to come forward with more information.

About 20,000 people have joined the search for Paige via Facebook.

More: http://www.wlwt.com/r/25833508/detail.html

Missing Teen's Supporters Turn To Santa

Friends of a missing northern Kentucky teen are banding together on Facebook, asking Santa for intervention on her behalf.

[snip]

Her testimony came on the same day a group of online followers decided to send letters to Santa Claus.

The administrator for the Facebook group, "Bring Paige Home Safe For Holidays," said all the participants agreed to go to Santa, in Santa Claus, Ind., with an appeal.

Group members admitted that the effort is not likely to bring her home, but they said they hope the letters of concern will cause someone to come forward with more information.

About 20,000 people have joined the search for Paige via Facebook.

More: http://www.wlwt.com/r/25833508/detail.html

Never belive what you hear and only half of what you see. I know the girl Very well that said she was engaged to Jacob, and she was not that afraid of him Because she had me talk to him about her getting back together with him and he just said he didnt need all the ups and downs that went along with dating her and that was saying it nicely !!! I saw it first hand with her. I love Billie very much and wish her the best but she knows she was never afraid of him, She was upset that he didnt want her back.

Never belive what you hear and only half of what you see. I know the girl Very well that said she was engaged to Jacob, and she was not that afraid of him Because she had me talk to him about her getting back together with him and he just said he didnt need all the ups and downs that went along with dating her and that was saying it nicely !!! I saw it first hand with her. I love Billie very much and wish her the best but she knows she was never afraid of him, She was upset that he didnt want her back.
I'm sure he's a great guy.

Just ask the guy he robbed with a knife or the elderly person whose ankle he broke during the store robbery.

http://www.local12.com/content/brea...OT-Paige-Johnsons/PhNp1a1Q5kGuCsC5ov6rjg.cspx

Published: 4:54 pm
Updated: 4:58 pm
Local 12's Joe Webb has been following the story

Covington Police have received some long-awaited lab results in the case of a missing 17-year-old. Blood recovered from a car, searched last month, was sent to the Kentucky State Crime Lab. Police believe it was the car Paige Johnson was last seen in the night she disappeared.

This is not good news for investigators. Commonwealth's Attorney Rob Sanders says the blood recovered by Covington Police is not Paige Johnson's.

Blood in Caleb's car not Paige's-good news and bad news. This case has me baffled. If Bumpass did harm Paige or if she died by accident in his presence would he have been able to cover it up well enough for the police to find NO evidence? IMO he is no mastermind so that leaves either he didn't do anything or the police have done some very sloppy work.

Someone has to know something...let's hope they crack soon.

http://www.local12.com/news/local/s...OT-Paige-Johnsons/PhNp1a1Q5kGuCsC5ov6rjg.cspx

So a "small amount of blood" would have meant Paige is dead? Alright....

They were hoping this was Paige's blood so they could connect Jacob to her? I might be crazy but weren't we all hoping it was NOT Paige's blood because then, you know... she would not have been bleeding?

It sounds to me like they have decided that Jacob did it and they are simply trying to prove that.

Elizabeth Smart, Jaycee Dugard anyone? Paige could easily be in a similar situation and end up remaining there because nobody is taking live sightings seriously. Everybody is so convinced she wouldn't take off and that Jacob did it.

What about her being abducted by someone totally unrelated?? Has anyone (not on Web Sleuths) even considered that possibility? I know that her family hasn't... but hope that law enforcement has.

http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/20101124/NEWS010704/311240105

A dried red substance found in the kitchen sink of the man who was last seen with missing 17-year-old Paige Johnson was not blood.

Investigators had cited the existence of what appeared to be dried blood near two latex gloves when they obtained search warrants for Jacob Bumpass’ Taylor Mill apartment, phone and two cars he was known to drive.

Covington police did recover a small amount of blood from one of the cars its investigators searched, but it didn’t match Paige’s DNA, said Kenton Commonwealth’s Attorney Rob Sanders, who has seen some of the long-awaited lab results from the Kentucky State Police crime lab.

The report said the blood was from an unidentified woman and was found in the passenger seat of 1999 black Mazda owned by Bumpass’ brother. Sanders said investigators were unsure what vehicle Bumpass had driven the night Paige disappeared.

“The good news is there is still a possibility Paige Johnson is alive and well,”
Sanders said.

He said the bad news is investigators do not have the forensic proof connecting Johnson to Bumpass they were hoping to get.

544 pictures... some recent ones in there too.. 2 months after her disappearance... now is a GREAT time to release those. No rush...she is just missing.

The only time we hear from this family is to criticize people trying to help. Is the immediate family out there trying to get outside help, or psychics, or other projects intended to help find Paige?

Somebody needs to be doing it. Don't criticize the only people that are. :waitasec:

I think I just remembered why I took a break from this case... I cannot comprehend the way this mother is handling her daughter's disappearance. :angel:

http://www.wlwt.com/r/25897944/detail.html

The mother of a missing Florence teen is sharing some never-before-seen photos of her daughter as she questions some of those trying to help in the search.

Donna Johnson said she has 544 photos on her computer of her daughter, Paige Johnson, who disappeared Sept. 23 after a friend said he dropped her off in Covington.

"I just want everyone to see her life, what it was about, how she grew up, and a picture says a thousand words,"
Johnson said.

The pictures cover her life from an ultrasound taken while Paige was still in the womb through holidays and everyday events leading up to the days before she disappeared.

"It makes me feel better to know so many people care about Paige who don't even know her, but on the other hand you have people who are exploiting her," Johnson said.

Some of the websites have undertaken efforts to pay for psychics or other projects intended to help find Paige, but none of these sites or campaigns has been endorsed by her family.

For all of this defense of JB, I've not seen any explanation of why his phone records would prove that he did not drop Paige off where he said he did. Why would he lie? Was he routinely driving around at 4am? That's a lot of gas for someone without much cash. Unfortunately, because of past observations I've not been very impressed with CPD. Hopefully they are doing a good job. Answer for me these questions: 1) Why did JB lie about where he was and where he dropped off Paige? 2) The Pimp or Protector theory: If JB were acting as a Pimp or "Protector" for Paige, why would he not disclose that to police? Apparently whatever he was up to would break his parole or make him a rat - either way he would be screwed so better to be silent. Is there anything to disprove this theory - Let's say he drove her to a client location, a house or an apartment to "perform" for someone. She never comes out. What would he do? 3) The Drug Deal theory: Similar to #2, he lets her out to make a buy, she never comes out. What would he do? 4) The OD theory: Let's say he picked up Paige, and he supplied her with something, or she already had something and she OD'd either in his car or somewhere where they both were. If he takes her to the hospital, he would go back to prison. What would he do? 5) The violent argument theory: Let's say for whatever reason JB accidentally killed her. What would he do then? 6) The bad debt theory: Let's say that Paige owed some bad people for drugs or something else and JB helped her to flee. What would he do? What other theory would make sense based on what is publicly known? It's clear that by not talking JB is either protecting himself or someone else. He either can't talk because it would incriminate himself and he would go back to prison, or he would point the finger at others who would then kill him, or he knows where Paige is and for her safety isn't talking. Who is he protecting by his silence?

Who's blood is it? They also said it was the blood of a white female. Is it normal to have women's blood in your car? Given the circumstances I would sure want to know who else was bleeding in the car.

Paige's case is going to be covered on Jane Valez Mitchell's show on HLN tonight. They just said they will talk to her sister.

so, what did you think of the coverage on Jane Valez Mitchell's show tonight?

It was okay-not much really new, which doesn't surprise me, I guess. Oh they did have on a psychic that the family is working with which I was not aware of.

It was, of course, very slanted towards blaming Bumpass and also made it sound like there could be another girl in trouble due to the blood that was found in CB's car that belonged to another woman besides Paige. I thought that was a bit of sensationalism. Also, I really wish these shows would do more fact checking before they do these stories. They referred to East Fork as 10,000 acres. It's not, it's just under 5,000 acres. Also when JVM was talking about Paige's last FB message she said it was to "a friend" Brittney corrected her and told her it was really to her. Big mistakes in the grand scheme of things? No, but I am very detail oriented and these kinds of things bug me with reporters/the media. Makes me think what BIG details do they get incorrect if they can't get the little ones right, you know? I have heard the 10,000 acres thing on Nancy Grace too, not sure where that misinformation started.

Brittney definitely believes Jacob is responsible for Paige's disappearance. She did make it clear, because JVM asked, that Jacob is not Paige's boyfriend. JVM said they have extended an invitation to Jacob's attorney to come on the show at any time if he/she wishes. I doubt that will happen.

I guess the bottom line is even though it was a bit of sensationalism and they got a few minor details incorrect, it's keeping Paige's case in the public eye which in the end is a good thing, right?

Keeping Paige's case in the public eye is the most important thing - without a doubt
I'm a little confused on a few points - and Brittany didn't do much to clear those up.
When she said she last saw paige 'the day before she disappeared'
that's a bit vague....paige went missing after midnight. so if Brittany last saw her at 11 pm that would still be 'the day before she went missing' but it's a bit misleading don't you think?
Personally - I think she got the FB message from Paige...

and she was really quick to throw JB under the bus....

Keeping Paige's case in the public eye is the most important thing - without a doubt
I'm a little confused on a few points - and Brittany didn't do much to clear those up.
When she said she last saw paige 'the day before she disappeared'
that's a bit vague....paige went missing after midnight. so if Brittany last saw her at 11 pm that would still be 'the day before she went missing' but it's a bit misleading don't you think?
Personally - I think she got the FB message from Paige...

and she was really quick to throw JB under the bus....

Yes, now that you say this I did find her vagueness a bit odd at the time. I am very close to my sister and if I was in Brittney's shoes and had been asked that question you can bet I would answer the exact date and time and what we were doing. If that was the last time I saw her that time would be burned in my brain forever as my last memory of her and one I would have played over and over thousands of times in the two months after she went missing.

It still bugs me that both her and Paige's BF left town with Paige having just gone missing. Again, had that been my sister, even one I am not close to, wild horses could not have dragged my butt out of town. I just can't wrap my mind around her moving.

There are many missing pieces to this puzzle.

Another thing that really bothered me was Brittany's eyes....seems like she obviously took something to *relax* her before the show....but when asked certain questions her eyes would shift to the left. This happened more than once.
I'm very close to my sister too - and I can't imagine moving out of state if she were missing. Nor could I imagine not being a vocal and persistent as I could be. I'd be a real PITA.
It bothered me that Paige's mother Donna had 2 different interviews with 2 different newscasters/channels on the same night and not once mentioned Paiges name. Not once made a plea for her to come home, didn't ask for anyone with information to come forward, didn't ask for any help. The closest she came to mentioning paige was the statement 'I have a missing child I don't need to deal with all this too'.
She had an audience of millions! Imho she knows what happened to Paige.

I am also guessing that if your sister was supposed to show up at your house late one night, you would do something if she didn't show up. I care as much about my sister as the lady at the gas station and even *I* would do something. :waitasec:

Paige was supposed to be heading to her sister's house that night. (I think I heard something about helping her move in or out, a recent break up, so the plans to move may have been in place before Paige went missing?)

Paige doesn't show up and her sister does what?

Apparently wakes up 8 hours later... sees that facebook post about needing to talk to her immediately... and responds nonchalantly. Telling her she would have to text her because cell phone minutes cost money.

Sadly enough, I do not think that the way Paige's family has handled her disappearance means they have anything to do with it. I think it's just simply the way they are.

If I really thought they were involved, it'd be a lot easier for me to stomach the way they are handling it. But to think that a mother can be that cold when she really doesn't know where her daughter is... that's what is hard for me to understand. :twocents:

Out of many of these cases, Paige is one that I think has good odds of her still being alive. I sure hope that the cops have something 100% conclusive against Jacob... I hope this isn't an Elizabeth Smart/Jaycee Dugard situation... where Paige ends up stuck with some sexually sadistic creep for who knows how long, because they were chasing an innocent guy....

Until they have a body, or an unsurvivable amount of blood... they should be following ALL tips, including live ones. This has been proven by the blood NOT being Paige's. No matter how sure they are, until they have proof, they need to look outside the box.

Yes, now that you say this I did find her vagueness a bit odd at the time. I am very close to my sister and if I was in Brittney's shoes and had been asked that question you can bet I would answer the exact date and time and what we were doing. If that was the last time I saw her that time would be burned in my brain forever as my last memory of her and one I would have played over and over thousands of times in the two months after she went missing.

It still bugs me that both her and Paige's BF left town with Paige having just gone missing. Again, had that been my sister, even one I am not close to, wild horses could not have dragged my butt out of town. I just can't wrap my mind around her moving.

There are many missing pieces to this puzzle.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo
Back