GUILTY KY - Paige Johnson, 17, found deceased, Florence, 23 Sept 2010 *arrest in 2020*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Vigil Held To Keep Focus On Missing Teenager

The family of a missing teenager and police are hoping to generate more interest in her case.

It's been six months since Paige Johnson disappeared. She was last seen in September. Friends, family and complete strangers held a vigil on Friday night at the last place she was seen, the corner of 15th and Scott streets in Covington. That's where police say she was dropped off by Jacob Bumpass.

More: http://www.wlwt.com/r/27485358/detail.html

Vigil Held To Keep Focus On Missing Teenager

The family of a missing teenager and police are hoping to generate more interest in her case.

It's been six months since Paige Johnson disappeared. She was last seen in September. Friends, family and complete strangers held a vigil on Friday night at the last place she was seen, the corner of 15th and Scott streets in Covington. That's where police say she was dropped off by Jacob Bumpass.

More: http://www.wlwt.com/r/27485358/detail.html

I’m posting this because I think it could possibly be helpful in the Paige Johnson disappearance or other criminal investigations. Hopefully this technology will help bring people home or at least get some degree of justice.

Your iPhone Keeps a Secret Log of Everywhere You Go, Security Experts Find

Security researchers have figured out that iPhones keep track of where their owners go, saving data to the device and uploading it to a user's computer when the phone is synced with iTunes. The data includes the phone's latitude and longitude and is timestamped to the second, all of which is recorded in a hidden file--which is very much not secure.

This could theoretically be useful for anyone interested in knowing where an iPhone owner spends his or her time - advertisers, employers, spouses, parents.

"Apple have made it possible for anyone from a jealous spouse to a private investigator to get a detailed picture of your movements," according to researcher Pete Warden.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/04/20/iphone-keeps-secret-log-security-experts/#ixzz1K6pgtv59

If I understand correctly this technology is different and probably is more detailed and accurate than the cell phone pings that have been talked about so far in the Paige Johnson case.

From what I understand the night that Paige Johnson disappeared; law enforcement apparently only has an occasional ping to the whereabouts of Jacob Bumpass. If I recall correctly Jacob Bumpass had an iPhone at the time of his arrest. I can’t remember if he had an iPhone at the time that Paige Johnson disappeared.

A few days ago there was news that some versions of iPhone can keep a very detailed record of where you were at. If I understand correctly this record probably is much more accurate in that it probably has a higher resolution/accuracy of location and probably has a higher frequency of timestamps; then typical cell phone pings.

From what I understand law enforcement only subpoenaed the cell phone records about the pings. If I understand correctly this would have much less accurate data.

I’m wondering if law enforcement ever did get a search warrant for the phone(s) and computer(s) and if they ever searched the phone(s) and computer(s) for this apparently more detailed data? If I recall correctly shortly after the disappearance of Paige Johnson, Jacob Bumpass’s Sim card allegedly “fried”. I’m wondering if there was incriminating data was stored on the Sim card, and Jacob Bumpass was trying to cover his tracks.

I used plural because there are other unofficial suspects that I think also should have had their cell phones, computers and records searched.

Regretfully it seems that law enforcement has not been forthcoming as to whether this or other information has been checked into.

I’m not sure if this data would still be good. It might be overwritten and it might have been destroyed when Jacob’s Sim card allegedly “fried”. But perhaps if the phone was synced with a computer; perhaps the data is still stored on a computer!

The data that is secretly being stored on iPhones is accurate if GPS is turned on, otherwise it is determined by triangulation off towers, or WiFi (if turned on), which is less accurate (on my phone without GPS the position is accurate to between about half to one kilometer). If the phone is turned off then it won't record any position. In any case, the same data is available from the phone company, allthough they don't store it for long. iPhones have only been recording the data for about a year or so, IIRC.

To get access to the data LE would need the phone or any electronic device that had been synced with it. LE have apparently been aware that iPhones have been doing this for a long time, so they would/should have checked.

The data is stored on the phone's internal memory card, not the SIM, so if his SIM got fried it wouldn't matter.

The data that is secretly being stored on iPhones is accurate if GPS is turned on, otherwise it is determined by triangulation off towers, or WiFi (if turned on), which is less accurate (on my phone without GPS the position is accurate to between about half to one kilometer). If the phone is turned off then it won't record any position. In any case, the same data is available from the phone company, allthough they don't store it for long. iPhones have only been recording the data for about a year or so, IIRC.

To get access to the data LE would need the phone or any electronic device that had been synced with it. LE have apparently been aware that iPhones have been doing this for a long time, so they would/should have checked.

The data is stored on the phone's internal memory card, not the SIM, so if his SIM got fried it wouldn't matter.
If I recall correctly, one of the experts that was speaking said that even with the GPS “turned off”, the GPS was still running and the secret application was still logging the location and time stamp. From what I understand "disabling" the GPS only prevents standard GPS location data being transmitted to the cell phone provider.

I think he said that you had to remove the battery or power down to stop the log.

Allegedly choosing to "turn off" the GPS, doesn't actually turn off the GPS receiver.

GPS data isn't sent to the carrier as far as I know, they have no reason for needing that information.

Without GPS activated (it uses power to run it, so I leave mine turned off for that reason - smartphones are power hogs) your position is determined by triangulation off the towers that can communicate with your phone. If you are in range of many towers your position could be fairly accurate, but probably not. The individual tower information provides general direction and signal strength, from which an approximate position can be calculated with enough information. The more towers providing information the more accurate it will be. If you are out in the sticks and can only reach one tower it will not be accurate at all. The tower information is stored by the provider for a period of time, and that is what LE uses to calculate where, or approximately where, you were at a given time. They don't need the phone for that as long as the carrier hasn't overwritten the data by the time they do the analysis.

My phone (I have an Android, not an iPhone) will show the position accuracy when I have google maps open. With only the towers for reference it claims it is accurate to within 1100m (in practice it appears accurate to within 200-300m where I am). However, I have seen it say I was 10 blocks from where I actually was on occassion. WiFi could improve that, but you have to be in range of a network you can access for that to be of use. With GPS activate the accuracy is reduced to 20m and it usually gets it right (or at worst slightly outside the circle).

Since the phone is reporting the information it has, I would say that GPS really is off when it says that it is off. I don't know if that is not the case with an iPhone, but I would have thought that if it didnt really turn off someone would have done something about it because of the power consumption.

Btw, my phone does have the capability to report where it is if it has gone missing (there is a service for doing this), so I assume that GPS can be activated remotely if necessary as long as the phone still has power and is in range of a tower. You can do other things remotely as well, such as a data wipe.

GPS data isn't sent to the carrier as far as I know, they have no reason for needing that information.

Without GPS activated (it uses power to run it, so I leave mine turned off for that reason - smartphones are power hogs) your position is determined by triangulation off the towers that can communicate with your phone. If you are in range of many towers your position could be fairly accurate, but probably not. The individual tower information provides general direction and signal strength, from which an approximate position can be calculated with enough information. The more towers providing information the more accurate it will be. If you are out in the sticks and can only reach one tower it will not be accurate at all. The tower information is stored by the provider for a period of time, and that is what LE uses to calculate where, or approximately where, you were at a given time. They don't need the phone for that as long as the carrier hasn't overwritten the data by the time they do the analysis.

My phone (I have an Android, not an iPhone) will show the position accuracy when I have google maps open. With only the towers for reference it claims it is accurate to within 1100m (in practice it appears accurate to within 200-300m where I am). However, I have seen it say I was 10 blocks from where I actually was on occassion. WiFi could improve that, but you have to be in range of a network you can access for that to be of use. With GPS activate the accuracy is reduced to 20m and it usually gets it right (or at worst slightly outside the circle).

Since the phone is reporting the information it has, I would say that GPS really is off when it says that it is off. I don't know if that is not the case with an iPhone, but I would have thought that if it didnt really turn off someone would have done something about it because of the power consumption.

Btw, my phone does have the capability to report where it is if it has gone missing (there is a service for doing this), so I assume that GPS can be activated remotely if necessary as long as the phone still has power and is in range of a tower. You can do other things remotely as well, such as a data wipe.

You may very well be right. I may have misheard or misunderstood the interview I heard. I looked for an online version of the interview I saw and wasn’t able to find it. The article that I linked seems to be more in line with what you say. However there are wrist watches out there that have GPS and some can even be used to track people. If GPS and GPS tracking can be done with a small watch battery; then I think it would be easy with a much larger cell phone battery. Perhaps with the GPS activated the iPhone GPS receiver is running all the time, perhaps when it is disabled that it actually wakes up occasionally to get a location and log it. I’m just speculating. Even the people that discovered the logs, seem to be speculating as to how much of the data uses GPS or is derived by cell phone tower pings. Either way if there are these logs out there somewhere, they might provide a much better and more accurate record where the suspects were that night.

I am thinking that with the advancements currently it should be much easier hopefully to find people. I hope they can find people as long as the phone is on. Don't even no minute having phones or deactivated phone call 911? If so maybe the phone can help in this and other cases? can't they track the phone even if it's resold or attempted to be reactivated? I hope so.

It's very disturbing that this case is so cold.
I was out near East Fork last week and something caught my eye...
All of the STORAGE places out that way. Maybe someone will see this and take some cadaver dogs out to all of the Storage places in that area, there are many.
I could see a known criminal like JB having access to such places under someone else's name. If he did dispose of her body, regardless of how she died, this is just one more possibility of why he was in that area in those wee hours of the morning.

It's inconceivable to me that he just dropped her off in the worst part of Covington in the middle of night, no questions asked and didnt' stick around. That's a total crock.

He knows why she was there, or was with her there, he should know who she went to see or knows them too, or it's maybe HIS contact not hers. Something went down, and it very likely would be his problem to take care of it. If her body is not in the lake or the woods, maybe it's in storage. And if it were a conspiracy, even to cover up an accidental overdose death, the other people with access to that storage should have moved her by now, perhaps not. Either way cadaver dogs are one way to check, and not as costly as other searches. Unemployed druggy excons often support their habit by crime, that often being theft. A storage facility small or large would seem a natural thing for someone who is on parole and would need to transfer stolen property to a fence or organized crime clearing operation of some sort.

I wonder if his Telecomm records could be searched to see how often he visited that area, at what times, perhaps with more geographic precision?

Thanks MI! My heart breaks for Paige's Mother. I don't for a minute think Paige just took off. Somebody took her and that somebody should give her back or give it up and tell where she is! MOO!

Where the heck is Paige?

wm

Officers Remove Some Fliers Seeking Missing Teen
http://www.wlwt.com/news/28586856/detail.html

With all the crime, safety and public health issues; is taxpayer money being wisely spent allegedly using city employees to tear down Paige Johnson posters and threatening a grandmother and other people with prosecution for putting up posters of Paige Johnson?

Wouldn't money be better spent trying to fight more egregious crime? How come Jacob Bumpass was never prosecuted for giving Paige Johnson alcohol and corruption of a minor? How come Jacob Bumpass was never prosecuted for allegedly dealing drugs?

Allegedly a grandmother and other people were threatened with prosecution for putting up posters and told to take down Paige Johnson posters because of the alleged complaint from a "citizen". Tell me with all the horrible problems in the neighborhood, why would someone call the police and complain about Paige Johnson posters? Could it be the individual(s) that made the complaints may be trying to hide something? Perhaps they don't want Paige Johnson to be found? Perhaps the individual(s) that made the complaint(s) should be investigated in regards to the disappearance of Paige Johnson.

On a related tangent:

An alleged serial killer, allegedly tore down posters of missing people.
http://trueslant.com/aoscruggs/2009...al-murders-did-the-murderer-cover-his-tracks/

Got a challenge for you webs sleuths. (There's things I want you to look for yourself that I can't say because of the message board rules. See if you can figure out what I'm talking about.) I wonder if there are any criminal psychologists/psychiatrists on the board?

Hopefully you'll understand what I'm driving at. Some of it is complex and abstract.

I found some very sick and disturbing posts, that might be evidence.

In reference to this Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jacob-Bumpass-Guilty-or-Innocent/163305047059741

Look for a post at 6-31-11 12:51am on a thread started 6-29-11 at 11:17pm. There is one line in their that I find particularly disturbing and a possible clue.

(Keep in mind what is said in that post and consider what is in the following post.)

Look for a post at July 21 at 11:35pm on a thread started 6-29-11 at July 21 at 9:33pm There is one line in their that I find particularly disturbing and a possible clue.

-------
Then in my opinion there is some disturbing and sick behavior in a thread started on July 29 at 11:17pm
-------

Study a thread on July 29 at 2:10pm. Take particular attention to posts at 6-30-11 6:30am and 6:32am

-----

Study a post and a thread on July 29 at 3:26am

------
Study a post and a thread on July 28 at 10:43pm

------
Study a thread on July 27 at 8:30pm

-----

There's a lot of other sick and disturbing posts that might be evidence. I think I highlighted the ones that I consider some of the most important.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back