KY - Rowan County clerk Kim Davis Jailed for Contempt, 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Such a darn shame that someone would not treat another human being with respect regardless if you have a difference in opinion.

Why would such a religious person judge someone so much? Why would they not want them to be happy? Strange!!!

IMO, people who despise themselves are quick to hate on others because they can deflect from their own (rightful) self-hatred. I would be miserable if I were Kim Davis, too. Or if I were her child. Can you imagine the horror?

Maybe people like this are to be pitied for their horrific lack of humanity. I guess I am not a big enough person to offer that pity. I detest her and her ilk.

Most of the hate, vitriol, and judgmentalism seems to be coming from those who disagree with Ms. Davis. Ugly, ugly stuff.

Where are you getting this info? I'm seeing the self-righteous, judgmental vitriol coming from Davis and her "followers."

And yes, it is ugly.

Most of the hate, vitriol, and judgmentalism seems to be coming from those who disagree with Ms. Davis. Ugly, ugly stuff.

Honest question. Would you provide a specific example or two of what you are referring to as hate, vitriol, and judgmentalism?

Where are you getting this info? I'm seeing the self-righteous, judgmental vitriol coming from Davis and her "followers."

And yes, it is ugly.

Jinx!

But still I think we are asking the same question.

Such a darn shame that someone would not treat another human being with respect regardless if you have a difference in opinion.

Why would such a religious person judge someone so much? Why would they not want them to be happy? Strange!!!

You've brought up such a great point. I really wonder how many people I (we all!) work with every day with people whose beliefs are different than mine. Doesn't matter. And it doesn't impact my work. If it did, I suppose I would have to find another job, right?

We all have to live in this world with other HUMANS. Who are any of us to judge?

snipped for focus

To me it's not even about treating another human being with respect. She has every right to disrespect other people (up to a point within our legal system).

As a government employee though, she does not have the right to deny others their legal rights. Period.

Does this view equate to vitriol, judgmentalism, and/or hate for her?

I'm baffled once again.

I really wonder how many people I (we all!) work with every day with people whose beliefs are different than mine. Doesn't matter. And it doesn't impact my work. If it did, I suppose I would have to find another job, right?

Snipped and BBM for focus.

You might and you might not.

If you were a supervisor or even a coworker treating one person inferiorly to everyone else, and stating the reason for this treatment was that the person was gay, yep, you'd be out the door in no time.

At least if you worked for the company I work for. And the one before that, and the one before that, and the one before that, and good grief I'm old.

In none of these companies would you be excused for your treatment of another person because of your sincerely held beliefs, whether they be based on religion or anything else.

This is the private sector.

I fail to see why a government employee who is sworn to uphold the rights of ALL law-abiding citizens, should get a pass to be held to a lower standard of equal treatment for all.

Equal treatment for all? That reminds me of something, something, what is it?

Oh yeah, the Pledge of Allegiance.

"with liberty and justice for all."

Not "liberty and justice for all (except whoever I think deserves to be excepted)."

Snipped and BBM for focus.

You might and you might not.

If you were a supervisor or even a coworker treating one person inferiorly to everyone else, and stating the reason for this treatment was that the person was gay, yep, you'd be out the door in no time.

At least if you worked for the company I work for. And the one before that, and the one before that, and the one before that, and good grief I'm old.

In none of these companies would you be excused for your treatment of another person because of your sincerely held beliefs, whether they be based on religion or anything else.

This is the private sector.

I fail to see why a government employee who is sworn to uphold the rights of ALL law-abiding citizens, should get a pass to be held to a lower standard of equal treatment for all.

Equal treatment for all? That reminds me of something, something, what is it?

Oh yeah, the Pledge of Allegiance.

"with liberty and justice for all."

Not "liberty and justice for all (except whoever I think deserves to be excepted)."

So true. I work for a huge corporation where diversity is a cornerstone. None of this nonsense would be tolerated for one hot minute!

I don't think being judgmental is a bad thing. I've got it right in my signature that I'm unapologetically judgmental.

IMO, people who despise themselves are quick to hate on others because they can deflect from their own (rightful) self-hatred. I would be miserable if I were Kim Davis, too. Or if I were her child. Can you imagine the horror?

Maybe people like this are to be pitied for their horrific lack of humanity. I guess I am not a big enough person to offer that pity. I detest her and her ilk.

BBM. Me too- if that's "hate and vitriol", so be it, she earned it! Kim Davis is the one who is hateful and vitriolic!!!

You've brought up such a great point. I really wonder how many people I (we all!) work with every day with people whose beliefs are different than mine. Doesn't matter. And it doesn't impact my work. If it did, I suppose I would have to find another job, right?

We all have to live in this world with other HUMANS. Who are any of us to judge?

BBM. Me!!! :seeya:I judge all I want, but I do not discriminate against people, I don't impose my religion on others (which is NOT Christianity), and I'm not hateful, nor vitriolic.

BBM. Me too- if that's "hate and vitriol", so be it, she earned it! Kim Davis is the one who is hateful and vitriolic!!!

That's her whole schtick! Hate and intolerance are becoming her ticket to fame and fortune.

What I don't get is she signed marriage licenses for people "living in sin" and from divorcee's when the bible states God hates a divorce. I'm just not sure I understand picking and choosing what one would offer as a conscience matter?

ETA - did she also ask if the folks she was signing a marriage license committed adultery as well?

idk- i think its just cherry picking.

What I don't get is she signed marriage licenses for people "living in sin" and from divorcee's when the bible states God hates a divorce. I'm just not sure I understand picking and choosing what one would offer as a conscience matter?

It appears to me her interpretation of the bible is: gay marriage > any other "sin."

I've thought about this a bit more. So to continue.

I may well have tunnel vision, but I don't recall seeing much antagonism (or, if you will, hate) directed here on websleuths toward Davis personally.

Toward her refusal to perform her job, yep.

Toward her perceived hypocrisy, yep.

But to her personally? Rather than to her ideas?

I've seen nasty personal insults on other websites about her appearance, just to start with and not go any further with.

I haven't seen that here though, nor do I think it would be allowed.

So I'm back to being baffled at what constitutes hate, vitriol, and judgmentalism.

Really looking forward to being enlightened.

Isn't she going back to work tomorrow? She is going back to work to deny individuals their constitutional rights. Tomorrow..tomorrow I'll try to make the gay go away...tomorrow..tomorrow....

How Kim Davis thinks her religious convictions matter more than lawfully serving the citizens and taxpayers of her county, is beyond me. She took an oath that for her own moral/religious reasons she feels she can no longer uphold. Fine, no problem, Kim. If it means that much to you, quit your job. I think a lot of folks would respect her a lot more if she'd done that. But the arrogance to demand that she be the center of attention of the entire country (and thank the media for playing along) and basically throw a temper tantrum because she can't have her own way.....it's just shameful and embarrassing, frankly. This is a grown woman we're talking about, not a 4 year old who just got told it was naptime.

FFS

It appears to me her interpretation of the bible is: gay marriage > any other "sin."

Yes it seems that way but I was taught (in a fundie religion I no longer am a member of) that all sins were equal with the exception of blasphemy, which is a sin against God. Maybe that is not the case with other religions idk.

Isn't she going back to work tomorrow? She is going back to work to deny individuals their constitutional rights. Tomorrow..tomorrow I'll try to make the gay go away...tomorrow..tomorrow....

I thought I read she was going back to work next Monday.

I've thought about this a bit more. So to continue.

I may well have tunnel vision, but I don't recall seeing much antagonism (or, if you will, hate) directed here on websleuths toward Davis personally.

Toward her refusal to perform her job, yep.

Toward her perceived hypocrisy, yep.

But to her personally? Rather than to her ideas?

I've seen nasty personal insults on other websites about her appearance, just to start with and not go any further with.

I haven't seen that here though, nor do I think it would be allowed.

So I'm back to being baffled at what constitutes hate, vitriol, and judgmentalism.

Really looking forward to being enlightened.
I'm not sure of your question but I'll take a stab...

I see hate, vitriol and judgmentalism in the fact that she will sign marriage license to "adulterers & fornicators" (bibles definition not mine 1 Cor 6:9 NASB) yet not sign for a gay couple. Not only is she cherry picking she is doing it within the same scripture. At least that is where I see it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back