KY - Rowan County clerk Kim Davis Jailed for Contempt, 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have no opinion of Kim Davis personally, I'm sure she is a lovely and nice neighbor and a wonderful friend to many. I have no qualms with her prior marriages (I've been previously married and am now remarried) and who is or is not the father of her children. Frankly her marriages and paternity issues are none of my business. If her religion forgives her prior marriages , so be it - good for her! I hope God views my past marriage in the same light. Life's too short for me to worry about her or anyone's love life.

But I do have a few things to say based on fact. For one, Kim and I have some commonalities - we both live in KY and we have the same employer: the state of Kentucky Government. Therefore let me explain what KY state employees are subject to as a condition of employment. FIRST, when hired (or in her case, when elected), you receive a LOT of training. Some is specific to your job, other is general training. Upon employment you agree, and sign forms, that you agree to have limited rights available to you while acting in your official capacity representing your government. It is a condition of your employment that you must accept in order to have the position. Within the first weeks of employment you receive in-depth training about your limited religious freedoms while on government time.

You learn you're allowed to bring written personal religious books (bible) and read in breaks, but cannot discuss religious views/opinions with clients or coworkers. You can't publicly display (office wall/office door/ lobby/etc) any religious item (so no cross, Jesus poster, etc) as another person (client) may perceived your PERSONAL religious view as that of the governments (we don't want anyone in the community to think we have a specified selected religious favorite view, or any religious view for that matter). This is important as church and state are separate. I cannot "witness" my religion to anyone while at work (and I get to enjoy no coworker witnessing their religion to me at work). You can wear personal religious items such as religious necklace, head scarf, etc. but it's important that no other coworker or client ever feels that my religious views are being pushed on them or are the religious views of my state or my country. I am to NEVER allow my religious views and convictions to interfere with my job duties. I am an "at will" employee. That means I can resign at any time, not forced to continue employment, and if my religious views cannot be kept separate from my civic duties, I am free to resign.

When I am off the clock, all of my religious freedoms are restored. I can stand in walmart Parkin lot and try to save as many poor doomed souls as I see fit. I can attend church all long and as often (or not ever) as I want. I can voice my opinions of my religious beliefs until it's time to return to work, and I can have a billboard in my front yard if I want showing the God of my choice.

We also receive extensive training on cultural diversity, this explains that our world, country, state, and community is made up of a diverse group of people with numerous varying cultural, ethnic, and religious beliefs. It elaborately explains that although I may believe that only MY CHURCH and MY CONGREGATION is heading to heaven That it's important that I remember that there's over 2,000 other religions on earth and they may not share my beliefs. And that each person has a right to their own beliefs (or lack thereof). And again, we sign contracts that we are aware, trained, and will be mindful and respectful of the freedoms, rights, and liberties of others.

Annually, we are required under statutes to retake and sign off on all of these trainings and agreement to abide by these requirements. KIm Davis was employed for over 25 years as a Deputy clerk and now almost one year as the clerk, she has received these trainings each year and agreed to these terms. She is aware that that she has no right to allow her religious convictions to effect even a small area of her job. She is NOT ignorant to the religious freedoms of others, her limited religious freedoms while working for government, or that she cannot allow her opinions/views to intertwine with her duties.

In addition, since she is an elected official with oversight to an entire office of employees she receives additional training that's even more in-depth than the typical employee - she's trained on how to identify and handle workplace situations in government when one of her employees infringe upon the protected freedoms of others. She is held to a HIGHER STANDARD than other employees as she is management.

I have been employed by state government for approx 1/3 of the time of Kim Davis, and I am very well aware of my limited rights, responsibilities, and the rights of everyone else. I it would appear to me then that Kim Davis should know these policies so well there should be absolutely no confusion.

As for religious views on if marriage, past marriages, sex outside of marriage are concerned -- really they're not even a point that needs to be discussed. There us is a CIVIL law that allows a CIVIL marriage for all citizens. This does not effect anyone's religious marriage rights. If a person wants a religious marriage and a church will grant this, then that is a separate issue. It is NOT THIS ISSUE. The 14th amendment clarification ONLY states that government and its employees have to recognize marriage for all, it does not force religious institutions or their congregations to grant religious marriages to same sex couples. Nor does it require any "straight" person to marry a person of the same sex.

The civil union recognized by our government has NO EFFECT on any individual or religious institution. If people will think about this... Same sex couples were already having romantic feelings for each other and romantic and/or sexual relationships prior to this civic law clarification (just as they have for thousands of years). Legalizing same sex marriage isn't going to "turn you children gay". There's quite enough established data already present to support that if your child is attracted to the same sex, they were going to have the same tendency despite a law saying they can marry the person. People don't "choose" to be gay, and if they did it certainly isn't based on the provision that they can eventually marry same sex (they don't decide to be straight bc marriage is "off the table" to same sex couples).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Man. Where can I sign up for an $80K a year job that I don't even have to show up to to get paid?

In Rowan Kentucky apparently. But you'll have to have your mother work in the position for several years to get you elected...

I have no opinion of Kim Davis personally, I'm sure she is a lovely and nice neighbor and a wonderful friend to many. I have no qualms with her prior marriages (I've been previously married and am now remarried) and who is or is not the father of her children. Frankly her marriages and paternity issues are none of my business. If her religion forgives her prior marriages , so be it - good for her! I hope God views my past marriage in the same light. Life's too short for me to worry about her or anyone's love life.

But I do have a few things to say based on fact. For one, Kim and I have some commonalities - we both live in KY and we have the same employer: the state of Kentucky Government. Therefore let me explain what KY state employees are subject to as a condition of employment. FIRST, when hired (or in her case, when elected), you receive a LOT of training. Some is specific to your job, other is general training. Upon employment you agree, and sign forms, that you agree to have limited rights available to you while acting in your official capacity representing your government. It is a condition of your employment that you must accept in order to have the position. Within the first weeks of employment you receive in-depth training about your limited religious freedoms while on government time.

You learn you're allowed to bring written personal religious books (bible) and read in breaks, but cannot discuss religious views/opinions with clients or coworkers. You can't publicly display (office wall/office door/ lobby/etc) any religious item (so no cross, Jesus poster, etc) as another person (client) may perceived your PERSONAL religious view as that of the governments (we don't want anyone in the community to think we have a specified selected religious favorite view, or any religious view for that matter). This is important as church and state are separate. I cannot "witness" my religion to anyone while at work (and I get to enjoy no coworker witnessing their religion to me at work). You can wear personal religious items such as religious necklace, head scarf, etc. but it's important that no other coworker or client ever feels that my religious views are being pushed on them or are the religious views of my state or my country. I am to NEVER allow my religious views and convictions to interfere with my job duties. I am an "at will" employee. That means I can resign at any time, not forced to continue employment, and if my religious views cannot be kept separate from my civic duties, I am free to resign.

When I am off the clock, all of my religious freedoms are restored. I can stand in walmart Parkin lot and try to save as many poor doomed souls as I see fit. I can attend church all long and as often (or not ever) as I want. I can voice my opinions of my religious beliefs until it's time to return to work, and I can have a billboard in my front yard if I want showing the God of my choice.

We also receive extensive training on cultural diversity, this explains that our world, country, state, and community is made up of a diverse group of people with numerous varying cultural, ethnic, and religious beliefs. It elaborately explains that although I may believe that only MY CHURCH and MY CONGREGATION is heading to heaven That it's important that I remember that there's over 2,000 other religions on earth and they may not share my beliefs. And that each person has a right to their own beliefs (or lack thereof). And again, we sign contracts that we are aware, trained, and will be mindful and respectful of the freedoms, rights, and liberties of others.

Annually, we are required under statutes to retake and sign off on all of these trainings and agreement to abide by these requirements. KIm Davis was employed for over 25 years as a Deputy clerk and now almost one year as the clerk, she has received these trainings each year and agreed to these terms. She is aware that that she has no right to allow her religious convictions to effect even a small area of her job. She is NOT ignorant to the religious freedoms of others, her limited religious freedoms while working for government, or that she cannot allow her opinions/views to intertwine with her duties.

In addition, since she is an elected official with oversight to an entire office of employees she receives additional training that's even more in-depth than the typical employee - she's trained on how to identify and handle workplace situations in government when one of her employees infringe upon the protected freedoms of others. She is held to a HIGHER STANDARD than other employees as she is management.

I have been employed by state government for approx 1/3 of the time of Kim Davis, and I am very well aware of my limited rights, responsibilities, and the rights of everyone else. I it would appear to me then that Kim Davis should know these policies so well there should be absolutely no confusion.

As for religious views on if marriage, past marriages, sex outside of marriage are concerned -- really they're not even a point that needs to be discussed. There us is a CIVIL law that allows a CIVIL marriage for all citizens. This does not effect anyone's religious marriage rights. If a person wants a religious marriage and a church will grant this, then that is a separate issue. It is NOT THIS ISSUE. The 14th amendment clarification ONLY states that government and its employees have to recognize marriage for all, it does not force religious institutions or their congregations to grant religious marriages to same sex couples. Nor does it require any "straight" person to marry a person of the same sex.

The civil union recognized by our government has NO EFFECT on any individual or religious institution. If people will think about this... Same sex couples were already having romantic feelings for each other and romantic and/or sexual relationships prior to this civic law clarification (just as they have for thousands of years). Legalizing same sex marriage isn't going to "turn you children gay". There's quite enough established data already present to support that if your child is attracted to the same sex, they were going to have the same tendency despite a law saying they can marry the person. People don't "choose" to be gay, and if they did it certainly isn't based on the provision that they can eventually marry same sex (they don't decide to be straight bc marriage is "off the table" to same sex couples).

Post of the day, please. And thank you.

Not sure if this has been posted yet.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/kentucky-clerk-asks-delay-gay-marriage-licenses-33699824

Kentucky Clerk Again Asks for Delay on Gay Marriage Licenses.

Attorneys for Kim Davis, who objects to gay marriage on religious grounds, argued in their motion to the Sixth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals that all the same-sex couples who sued Davis for a license received one from her deputies while she was in jail. Therefore, they said, her office should not be required to issue them to any more couples once she returns to work.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/kentucky-clerk-asks-delay-gay-marriage-licenses-33699824

Attorneys for Kim Davis, who objects to gay marriage on religious grounds, argued in their motion to the Sixth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals that all the same-sex couples who sued Davis for a license received one from her deputies while she was in jail. Therefore, they said, her office should not be required to issue them to any more couples once she returns to work.

BBM. Huh?:waitasec: How does that even make sense??? Since those couples got them, noone else should??? Seems to me, she should return to jail and let her deputies continue to issue them if she's not gonna resign. Either that or they'll have to impeach her and she'll lose her precious $80/year job.

BBM. Huh?:waitasec: How does that even make sense??? Since those couple got them, noone else should??? Seems to me, she should return to jail and let her deputies continue to issue them if she's not gonna resign. Either that or they'll have to impeach her and she'll lose her precious $80/year job.

They said the order needed to be amended for clarification to include all couples. Dam* people tying up the court for this silliness. They know they can't win.
Are they saying that future couples need to sue in order to get their documents issued? Seems to be what they are saying. IMO

They said the order needed to be amended for clarification to include all couples. Dam* people tying up the court for this silliness. They know they can't win.
Are they saying that future couples need to sue in order to get their documents issued? Seems to be what they are saying. IMO
Yep! She's going in circles and throwing a temper tantrum like a 4 year old! (Sorry for insulting 4 year olds). She's not gonna win, so she ought to get outta the way and let others do her job.

No. Here's what I wrote in another thread about that, which I wanted to bring over here:

Kim Davis says she became born again AFTER her multiple divorces. So her adultery doesn't count.

Oh yeah? So how many divorced people does she deny marriage licenses to? And has she separated from her husband and gone back with her first or remained single? If not, she's still committing adultery.

It's funny how neither gay marriage nor gay sex is written in the Ten Commandments. Adultery is though. Yet those who scream loudest against gay marriage are dead silent about adultery.

Make no mistake: this is about hate. Not God. There is nothing compassionate or loving or Christ like about Kim Davis or her angry, ugly demeanor. She is no different from the rage-filled, jeering segregationists who denied goods and services and admission to black people during the 50's and 60's and that is precisely how history will remember this hypocrite.

:goodpost:

Excellent post, gitana! Yes, it is hate, as you said, and ignorance, IMO. She broke the law. If she is that serious and adamant about it, why didn't she resign? "Put your money where your mouth is, honey."

And the very thought of using the word "martyr" in her case is an insult to the true martyrs who have given their lives in so many horrible situations throughout centuries. Let her stand as a martyr in Selma or Auschwitz or as St Thomas More or Dr Martin Luther King or St. Joan or Dietrich Bonhoeffer or Lee Rigby or Hannah Szenes or the ten Baha'i women of Shiraz, and oh, so many others -- only then should she so deify herself or be held as one by others. JMHO.

Some profanity in this article

http://www.thestranger.com/blogs/slog/2015/09/04/22812510/the-federalist-baptists-arent-christians

but it makes the interesting point that many defenders are saying that Kim Davis's multiple divorces don't make her a hypocrite because they happened before she converted to Christianity... but apparently she used to be a Baptist before she converted to Apostolic Christianity.

Buzzfeed posted all four of Kim Davis's marriage licenses and here's a funny detail: her first three marriages—the ones that she entered into before she was a Christian (according to The Federalist)—all took place in Baptist churches and were all officiated by Baptist ministers. Let's quickly rattle off their names: Rev. Owen Cox, Rev. H.G. Pratt, Rev. Gary Clark. Only Davis's fourth marriage—the one Davis entered into after she become a Christian—was officiated by a judge (Jim Nickell), not a minister.

Kim Davis isn't a Baptist anymore—she converted to Apostolic Christianity four years ago—but all three of her divorces, all of her adulterous acts, and all four of her marriages took place after she was a Christian.

Unless Baptists aren't Christians. If that's what Hemmingway and the rest of the gang at The Federalist are arguing... I'm thinking the leaders of Baptist churches might have something to say about that.

Is Mike Huckabee (a Baptist) aware that according to Kim Davis Baptists aren't Christian?

So does anyone know if her gofundieme account has been started yet?

:lol:

Well, that one just tickled my innards, Izzy! Thanks for the laff -- we (I) needed that. This type biznezz really gets me angry, and sometimes all I can do is go out in the street and scream. There are things we can do to make it better, but it's kinda like a Sisyphus thing so much of the time. But at least this one has the fouler in jail for a while. :D

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/kim-davis_55f33486e4b042295e3653f0

55f33565140000d8012e579b.jpeg

Some supporters, like Ryan Anderson of the New York Times, are claiming that Davis wants an “accommodation” for her religious beliefs. This is, to put it bluntly, a lie. Davis was offered just such an accommodation and told that she doesn’t have to personally issue the licenses so long as her deputies were allowed to do so. She declined that compromise, insisting that she be able to actually prevent same-sex couples from getting licenses in her county altogether.

What Davis is asking for is not an accommodation at all, but for the right to declare, by fiat, that Rowan County, Kentucky, is a mini-theocracy not beholden to the laws of the land, but by the whims of Kim Davis. Her legal team wants you to see her as a sweet but faithful woman, but in fact she’s trying to pull a coup here, claiming that “God’s authority” — read Kim Davis’s authority — trumps our entire democratic system.

It’s not just her, either. Rena Lindevaldsen, who works for the Liberty Counsel, which is handling Davis’s case, has taken to boldly arguing that Christians have the right to overthrow the democratically elected government and simply impose their will by fiat. “Whether it’s zoning or taxes or marriage or abortion, in those issues, government doesn’t have authority to say that these things are appropriate because they’re contrary to Scripture,” Lindevaldsen recently argued in front of Liberty University. Which is to say that even though the government has declared abortion legal, if you decide you don’t want your neighbors getting abortions, you should be able to declare yourself a God-appointed authority and simply shut it down. If you don’t want to pay taxes, declare yourself a “sovereign citizen.”
http://www.salon.com/2015/09/11/kim...ginalized_and_increasingly_desperate_partner/

What in the world does she hope to ACCOMPLISH with her refusal to issue the licenses? Seriously, what does she think will happen? Her actions are not going to change the law, so what is her ultimate goal?

If her only objective is to adhere to her beliefs, then she needs to resign because the job requires her to issue licenses.

What exactly is the procedure to fire this woman? She currently is not showing up for the job - at what point does that disqualify her from holding the Clerk position? I certainly hope she is not drawing a paycheck while sitting in jail.

But, seriously, she does realize the law is not going to change because of what she's doing, right?

bbm

Answer: She's buying a stairway to heaven.

JMHO and JK.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...tian-and-why-kim-davis-hair-so-long/71947018/

Q: OK, well, what’s with the long hair and skirts?

A: Apostolic Pentecostals are the strictest of all the Pentecostal groups, according to Synan. Like most Pentecostals, they do not use alcohol or tobacco. They generally don’t watch TV or movies either. Women who are Apostolic Pentecostals also wear long dresses, and they don’t cut their hair or wear makeup. It’s called “external holiness,” he said, and it’s meant to separate its followers from the rest of the world in the way they look and act — although, he noted, men who are Apostolic Pentecostals look “like everybody else.”

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

Sounds like men have come a long way in that particular denomination. Grrrrrr.

I do not understand all the hoopla. Davis HAS the right to not issue those marriage licenses--all she has to do to invoke that right is resign from her position. Then she can spout off all she wants about what is proper and what is not, using her right to free speech as a PRIVATE citizen.

It is my understanding that Davis was elected to her position and, with that, Davis and all her supporters need to shut their pie holes! An elected official takes an oath, and in that oath they promise to carry out the responsibilities as dictated by their position. To do that, one must be willing and able to abide by the laws regardless of their personal views on any issue.

1). I don't know what's scarier -- that an elected official thinks for one second that NO OTHER U.S. citizen has the right to equal protection and liberties now that the six couples with lawsuit have got what they wanted. Does she honestly think no other same sex couple will ever approach her office and request their federally protected right to a marriage license? WHAT???

2) that her so-called "legal council" actually thinks she has a chance in her heaven or her hell that they would even consider saying, "Well, okay Kim, since you made six couples happy, I guess that's enough!"

I'm sorry, I love my home state of Kentucky, and I'm very proud to call myself an employee of Government that protects the liberties of so many diverse groups, but why does Kim Davis have to embarrass my beloved bluegrass state with her self-righteous bigotry and contempt for others? PLEASE don't let her tarnish your impression of KY, I can attest that there is indeed an abundance of intelligent humans within our state.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back