KY - Rowan County clerk Kim Davis Jailed for Contempt, 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
1). I don't know what's scarier -- that an elected official thinks for one second that NO OTHER U.S. citizen has the right to equal protection and liberties now that the six couples with lawsuit have got what they wanted. Does she honestly think no other same sex couple will ever approach her office and request their federally protected right to a marriage license? WHAT???

2) that her so-called "legal council" actually thinks she has a chance in her heaven or her hell that they would even consider saying, "Well, okay Kim, since you made six couples happy, I guess that's enough!"

I'm sorry, I love my home state of Kentucky, and I'm very proud to call myself an employee of Government that protects the liberties of so many diverse groups, but why does Kim Davis have to embarrass my beloved bluegrass state with her self-righteous bigotry and contempt for others? PLEASE don't let her tarnish your impression of KY, I can attest that there is indeed an abundance of intelligent humans within our state.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is a good example of why one shouldn't push that button to vote all democrat or republican. I know that I have been embarrassed by some of the elected officials in my state and embarrassed for our country by elected officials in many different states.

Sometimes you run into a situation where no one else is running against the person.

From now on, I want to know whether a candidate is going to perform the job they are elected to do, or place their individual "beliefs" first and bring our government offices to a standstill, wasting taxpayers time and money.

I have no opinion of Kim Davis personally, I'm sure she is a lovely and nice neighbor and a wonderful friend to many. ...

Respectfully snipped for space.

Thank you for this information. Very interesting.

It seems to me based on this that Kim Davis must have known from Day 1 that her refusal to uphold the law on religious grounds violated the terms and conditions of her employment that she agreed to.

Yet despite the legal rulings against her from no less than the Supreme Court, she persists, according to the most recent news reports of her latest appeal.

I really don't get it. What is going on here?

The only thing I can think of is her lawyers are continuing to encourage her to flout the law because doing so is bringing in donation $ for them, her, or both.

Also I know it's been said before, but I just feel the need to repeat: do her supporters really not get that accommodating her denying citizens their legal rights on the grounds of her religious beliefs opens up the door to accommodating EVERY government official of ANY religion who chooses to do the same?

I mean, going to the DMV is bad enough in the first place. Getting through the line only to be met by a Muslim clerk who doesn't think women should drive and thus refuses to renew my license on religious grounds would just be the gravy on the cake.

Even if the "accommodation" was, now I have to go stand in that other line for the clerk that holds no such religious beliefs.

Is this really the world Kim Davis's supporters want us to live in? Because that is the logical outcome if she wins out.

Why don't they get this? The easy answer is to write them off as stupid, but I can't believe they are all that stupid.

Baffled (and sleepless) once again.

She's baaaaaack

CBS This Morning ‏@CBSThisMorning 12m12 minutes ago

"Effective immediately…any marriage license issued by my office will not be issued or authorized by me." -- Kim Davis

She's baaaaaack

CBS This Morning ‏@CBSThisMorning 12m12 minutes ago

"Effective immediately…any marriage license issued by my office will not be issued or authorized by me." -- Kim Davis

I wouldn't want her hater heart signature on my marriage license ( gay or straight ) as long as the deputy clerks sig is legal, that's who I would prefer.:moo:

I wouldn't want her hater heart signature on my marriage license ( gay or straight ) as long as the deputy clerks sig is legal, that's who I would prefer.:moo:

I don't support Kim Davis. I believe she is wrong for defying the decision of the Supreme court. However, when has she expressed (the hate) I keep reading about on this thread?
:waitasec:

Well some think that it is sort of a hateful action to deny people their legal rights.

Choking back tears at a news conference before her return to work, a defiant Davis said she is faced with a "seemingly impossible choice ... my conscience or my freedom," referring to her opposition to same-sex marriages.

"I'm no hero," she added.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/09/14/politics/kim-davis-same-sex-marriage-kentucky/

Dear Kim Davis, you have the third choice, resigning from your job if the tasks in your job are distasteful for you.

Choking back tears at a news conference before her return to work, a defiant Davis said she is faced with a "seemingly impossible choice ... my conscience or my freedom," referring to her opposition to same-sex marriages.

"I'm no hero," she added.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/09/14/politics/kim-davis-same-sex-marriage-kentucky/

Dear Kim Davis, you have the third choice, resigning from your job if the tasks in your job are distasteful for you.

She's right about one thing--she is no hero! IMO she is a selfish, sanctimonious, abhorrent hypocrite who needs to shut up and go away.

I don't support Kim Davis. I believe she is wrong for defying the decision of the Supreme court. However, when has she expressed (the hate) I keep reading about on this thread?
:waitasec:
IMO the hate is in the act itself. You can call it anything you want but it comes down to the fact Davis is not only breaking the law by denying marriage licenses to gay couples the act of her denial is focused on a certain group in our society that has been given the same rights as everyone else.

Well some think that it is sort of a hateful action to deny people their legal rights.

No, KD's actions are based on her religious perception of same sex marriage. I have seen nothing that suggests the woman's actions are based on hate.

No, KD's actions are based on her religious perception of same sex marriage. I have seen nothing that suggests the woman's actions are based on hate.

Well in the end it doesn't matter much to the people who are on the suffering end of the discrimination. If you deny a group of people their legal rights it's an act of hostility even if you speak in very gentle terms and quote a lot of loving religious verses.

She also caused a deal of trouble to heterosexual couples who wanted to get married in Rowan county.

She was not required to give anyone her religious blessing, just do her job and issue marriage licences (a secular document).

How do you feel about her comment to the male couple that they will be facing judgment one day. This was said as though they would be found lacking or wanting for being together. IMO
This was said in her workplace and take into account that the couple may not believe in a day of judgement.
But she says she wants to serve and love her neighbors...IMO just some of them that hold her beliefs.

It’s not about religion; it’s about celebrity.

She read a statement saying, "I'm here before you this morning with a seemingly impossible choice that I do not wish upon any of my fellow Americans: my conscience or my freedom.”

That’s not her choice at all, actually, unless Davis is confused or poorly informed.

Following the Supreme Court's ruling in June that the Constitution guarantees gay couples the right to get married, that has been the law of the land.

Obeying that law, honoring the solemn oath she took, is all that Davis needed to do. Or, if that was not possible for her, she could have resigned her position. Her choice was never between her conscience or her freedom.

Her choice was between fame or obscurity.
http://www.azcentral.com/story/opin...avis-chooses-fame-same-sex-marriage/72250766/

I just thought I'd jump in here and express my opinion. When this lady ran for this office and was voted in, the law of the land was different than it is now. She did the job and seemed to be proficient at it. Then something changed, but she didn't change. I feel that she is entitled to her beliefs and opinions just like everyone else. She should be grandfathered in, and let the other clerks who don't have a problem, do this part of the job. How many people in that county actually apply for a marriage license in any give week anyway?
People are accusing her of being a hater at the same time they are hating on her.
Everyone is different, and have a different set of core beliefs.
Lastly, this is an elected office. When she comes up for re-election, let the voters of that county make the decision.
All MOO, and if you don't agree with me, that's OK, too.

The Passion of Kim Davis

This is not someone being persecuted for her faith. This is someone being punished for failing to do her job, then being in contempt of court. Calling it persecution is insulting to the people who really are fighting for their right to live out their beliefs — as human beings, not as elected officials with $80,000 annual salaries.

Religious persecution of Christians is real and ongoing. It is what is happening in North Korea, where tens of thousands of Christians live in forced labor camps. It is what is happening in Saudi Arabia, where even building churches is prohibited. But it is not what is happening to Kim Davis.

I just thought I'd jump in here and express my opinion. When this lady ran for this office and was voted in, the law of the land was different than it is now. She did the job and seemed to be proficient at it. Then something changed, but she didn't change. I feel that she is entitled to her beliefs and opinions just like everyone else. She should be grandfathered in, and let the other clerks who don't have a problem, do this part of the job. How many people in that county actually apply for a marriage license in any give week anyway?
People are accusing her of being a hater at the same time they are hating on her.
Everyone is different, and have a different set of core beliefs.
Lastly, this is an elected office. When she comes up for re-election, let the voters of that county make the decision.
All MOO, and if you don't agree with me, that's OK, too.

As it stands now the other clerks are distributing the documents but now they have the added worry (which Kim is sure to remind them) that the docs may not be valid without her signature.

ETA... I feel sorry for the couple who waited so many yrs to make sure it was legal and now they have to wonder thanks to Kim.

As it stands now the other clerks are distributing the documents but now they have the added worry (which Kim is sure to remind them) that the docs may not be valid without her signature.

ETA... I feel sorry for the couple who waited so many yrs to make sure it was legal and now they have to wonder thanks to Kim.

I just googled it, and there is only 23,500 people in the whole county. How many people get married there?

I just googled it, and there is only 23,500 people in the whole county. How many people get married there?

I have no idea. But do you think they should have the added worry yrs down the road as to if their union was legal?
What if the docs are challenged when it comes to insurance and so on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back