KY - Rowan County clerk Kim Davis Jailed for Contempt, 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've no doubt that we'll see a book sooner or later but that's the same fake news website.

And this answers LinasK's question as to why she won't quit.

This is not about principle. It is about her 15 minutes, the Women of Faith tour, and a book deal. Pays nicely, I would imagine.

Oh good grief! This is sickening!

Yup Ellie, her 15 minutes, is all she's concerned about.

Kim Davis aka the victim is making the rounds on t.v. for anyone that can stand to watch her.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/kentucky-clerk-kim-davis-tells-abc-news-shes/story?id=33930655

See more of Paula Faris' interview with Davis tomorrow on "Good Morning America" and "The View."

Only watched the trailer, but as the saying goes," If the shoe fits...". She clearly is affected and angry that she's being called a hypocrite and compared to Hitler. Maybe it'll finally get through to her that she's not the victim, nor Rosa Parks, nor a Jew in Nazi Germany..

Steft50, I found this on Reuters:

A county clerk from Kentucky who went to jail rather than issue marriage licenses to gay couples made material changes to the forms upon her return and is not in compliance with a federal court order, lawyers for couples suing her said on Monday.

Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis should be ordered to allow the licenses to be issued under the earlier format or the clerk's office should be put in receivership and fines imposed, the attorneys from the American Civil Liberties Union of Kentucky said in a federal court filing.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/09/22/us-usa-gaymarriage-kentucky-idUSKCN0RM06820150922

A county clerk from Kentucky who went to jail rather than issue marriage licenses to gay couples made material changes to the forms upon her return and is not in compliance with a federal court order, lawyers for couples suing her said on Monday.

Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis should be ordered to allow the licenses to be issued under the earlier format or the clerk's office should be put in receivership and fines imposed, the attorneys from the American Civil Liberties Union of Kentucky said in a federal court filing.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/09/22/us-usa-gaymarriage-kentucky-idUSKCN0RM06820150922

Taking the county's name off the licenses and demoting her deputy clerk is what her lawyer considers a good faith effort???:gaah::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I just saw the Kim Davis crying interview on Good Morning America. What a media hog...actually think she loves the attention. She needs to resign...and cut that hair!

Sep 22 2015, 3:19 am ET

Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis Is Meddling and Altering Marriage Licenses, ACLU Says

by Tim Stelloh

Kim Davis went back to work as a Kentucky county clerk last week after a stint in jail and a pledge that she wouldn't interfere with deputies who were issuing wedding licenses to same-sex couples.

But in a court motion filed Monday, the American Civil Liberties Union said that she was doing just that.

After returning to her job on Sept. 14 as the Rowan County clerk, the filing said, Davis "immediately" began meddling with licenses that the office's deputy clerk, Brian Mason, was issuing...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...s-altering-wedding-licenses-aclu-says-n431336

She's not going to reissue those licenses. So Judge Bunting's options are:

1. Put the lawbreaker back into jail for contempt.

2. Place the office into a receivership.

3. To try to make it go away by declaring the licenses legal.

I'm betting on #3.

I think he'll stop short of full receivership, but will appoint someone to take over the issuance of marriage licenses, removing her from that process.

If he just declares her doctored licenses legal, she'll do something else to interfere with the process.

There's also the matter of the demotion of the deputy clerk.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

“I can't put my name on a license that doesn't represent what God ordained marriage to be," Davis told ABC News’ Paula Faris in a Monday interview in Morehead, Kentucky.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/kentucky-clerk-kim-davis-denied-marriage-licenses-friends/story?id=33939041

This just makes me want to bang my head.

Show me, Kim. Show me where God ordained what marriage is supposed to be. Because as far as I know the Bible is full of polygamy that God didn't seem to have too much of a problem with.

:furious:

PS Also. SHUT UP AND DO YOUR FRICKING JOB.

How about showing the part in the Kentucky legislation that says God has a say whether people should be issued a marriage licence or not. As far as I understand, it's a secular decision and a marriage licence issued by a county clerk is a secular document. The recipients may or may not even believe that God exists, let alone ever ordained anything. So why does she have the right to impose her religion on anyone?

Even if Kim Davis were to be expelled or forced to resign her position, she could probably run for the same office. Check out this current Michigan case of two Representatives who had an affair and used state funds for the cover-up. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ives-committed-misconduct-misused-state-funds

In a marathon late-night session, one of the parties was ousted while the other resigned when he saw the writing on the wall. Both have submitted petitions to run for their "former" seats in a special election in November, and both seem confident that their constituents will return them to the respective seats. :rolleyes:

pffffffft......... Their spouses probably won't even vote for them.:moo:

I wonder where Huckabee is. He said he would take her place in jail. I'm surprised it took the attorney of Mason so long to say anything. She said she was doing this on the day she returned to work which was Monday.
Is this change to the documents just for same sex couples or all couples?
I feel for Mason and wish he could take her position. He seems to be a decent person.I think he must have been the clerk that told the one couple he would give out licenses but Davis wouldn't let him.
No hope of that with her son next in line.
I hope she has to answer for her deeds. Who the he** does she think she is anyway to make such changes on her own.
IMO

Who cares where Huckabee is, as long as it's not in the White House.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleleighD70
Back