KY - Rowan County clerk Kim Davis Jailed for Contempt, 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Okay enough's enough. She's now basically declared that all marriages performed under license by her office must be officiated by a religiously-affiliated celebrant.

Either Kentucky secedes from the Union as the first official Idiocracy (apologies to the Kentucky sleuthers here) or Miss Kim needs to step down from her publicly elected position.

ETA if she was driving down a 25MPH street at 100MPH she'd be breaking the law and the police would arrest her for doing so. Why is this any different?

Yes, her behavior is unconstitutional. There's no religious test for public office.

When I read that the court might place the Rowan County Clerk's office into "receivership", I was confused as to what that had to do with the Kim Davis fiasco. I only knew that process to apply to bankruptcy proceedings.

So, I consulted my friend, Google, who recommended my friend Wiki, and thought I'd share some info with anyone else who might want to know!

And now that I've read more, I think it's a good remedy to get Kim Davis out of the picture, without having to wait on the KY legislature, or waiting for KD to resign (which might take until he77 freezes over). Bold by me below.

In law, receivership is the situation in which an institution or enterprise is being held by a receiver, a person "placed in the custodial responsibility for the property of others, including tangible and intangible assets and rights", especially in cases where a company cannot meet its financial obligations or enters bankruptcy.[1] The receivership remedy is an equitable remedy that emerged in the English Chancery courts, where receivers were appointed to protect real property.[2] Receiverships are also a remedy of last resort in litigation involving the conduct of executive agencies that fail to comply with constitutional or statutory obligations to populations that rely on those agencies for their basic human rights.[2] There are several types of receiver appointments:[1]

1.Appointed by a government regulator
2.Privately appointed receiver
3.Court-appointed receiver[1]

Court-appointed receivers are "the most powerful and independent of the judicially appointed managers".[4] Unlike special masters and monitors, "the receiver completely displaces the defendants: the receiver makes large and small decisions, spends the organization’s funds, and controls hiring and firing determinations."[4] Examples of court-appointed receivers include:

In the District of Columbia, the D.C. Jail's medical care facility "was placed under court-ordered receivership in August 1995, after the District was held in contempt for repeatedly failing to implement court orders...intended to ensure adequate medical services to jail inmates".[5] The receivership ended in September 2000.[6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Receivership

So, IMO-- Judge, please,-- bring on the receivership! Get Kim Davis out of the way of the business of the Rowan County Clerk's office!

How about showing the part in the Kentucky legislation that says God has a say whether people should be issued a marriage licence or not. As far as I understand, it's a secular decision and a marriage licence issued by a county clerk is a secular document. The recipients may or may not even believe that God exists, let alone ever ordained anything. So why does she have the right to impose her religion on anyone?

She doesn't. This woman is bigot who is using her office to spread hate. If I was denied, I would make sure to get a good case for a hate-speech/crime against her. She makes me sick. Itch from hell.

How about showing the part in the Kentucky legislation that says God has a say whether people should be issued a marriage licence or not. As far as I understand, it's a secular decision and a marriage licence issued by a county clerk is a secular document. The recipients may or may not even believe that God exists, let alone ever ordained anything. So why does she have the right to impose her religion on anyone?

For Protestants, especially, there are only TWO sacraments: Holy Communion (eucharist) and Baptism.

Marriage is not a sacrament of the church (unless you are Catholic) but a civil (secular) union that may be accompanied by a religious ceremony.

She is wrong, and a lawbreaker, and a bully.

WHY is this still going on?

Total BS. She is such a hypocrite.

This needs to be dealt with so everyone can move on and so she can pack up her $hit and go home, never to be heard of again.

Such a waste of freaking time and tax payer dollars. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She's not going to reissue those licenses. So Judge Bunting's options are:

1. Put the lawbreaker back into jail for contempt.

2. Place the office into a receivership.

3. To try to make it go away by declaring the licenses legal.

I'm betting on #3.

I'm okay with any and all of the above!

WHY is this still going on?

Total BS. She is such a hypocrite.

This needs to be dealt with so everyone can move on and so she can pack up her $hit and go home, never to be heard of again.

Such a waste of freaking time and tax payer dollars. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because she's enjoying her little fiefdom, her expensive salary, and her 15 min. of fame, and nobody has bothered to remove this tyrant from office yet!!! She doesn't get to impose her religion on others or alter legal documents!!!

Because she's enjoying her little fiefdom, her expensive salary, and her 15 min. of fame, and nobody has bothered to remove this tyrant from office yet!!! She doesn't get to impose her religion on others or alter legal documents!!!
Plus she's on her press tour now and is enjoying whatever fruits her bigotry has come to bear, including the brand new pair of eyeglasses with the transition lenses. :gaah:

Are we waiting for the judge to charge her and if so when might that happen?

The arrogance of this woman and her lawyers is astounding.

But this latest legal argument of theirs is laughable.

Dear Kim : go directly to jail. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.

The arrogance of this woman and her lawyers is astounding.

But this latest legal argument of theirs is laughable.

Dear Kim : go directly to jail. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.
or $80,000.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back