KY - Rowan County clerk Kim Davis Jailed for Contempt, 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If she were a Muslim NO ONE would be defending her. NO ONE.

Thank you for this post. And that's from a white middle class Catholic woman.

This woman gives Christianity a bad name IMO.

There are plenty of good, decent, kind Muslims.

We should all strive for PEACE.

But Kim loves the attention too much. Who the he** does she think she is? And what is wrong with that county's residents that they haven't started recall proceedings???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for this post. And that's from a white middle class Catholic woman.

This woman gives Christianity a bad name IMO.

There are plenty of good, decent, kind Muslims.

We should all strife for PEACE.

But Kim loves the attention too much. Who the he** does she think she is? And what is wrong with that county's residents that they haven't started recall proceedings???

They can't recall her. Kentucky has no provision in its law for a recall of an elected official. The only way she can be removed is for the state legislature to impeach her, and the legislature is not in session until January. The governor could call a special legislative session, but won't because of the high cost.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

They can't recall her. Kentucky has no provision in its law for a recall of an elected official. The only way she can be removed is for the state legislature to impeach her, and the legislature is not in session until January. The governor could call a special legislative session, but won't because of the high cost.

Thank you for this. I should have known that since I've been following this. I'd be completely outraged if I lived there!!!

O/T but I am glad to be on this thread. I've been following sweet baby Bella and can't take any more. Had nightmares last night.

This Kim woman is the very opposite of how good Christians behave. It makes me so mad!

Sigh....She is so tiresome.

She is switching to the Republican Party now. IMO she never did hold the values of a Democrat.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/clerk-kim-davis-switching-parties-republican-34047036

"I've always been a Democrat, but the party left me," Davis said, according to Bansley.
Actually, Southern Democrats tend to be much more conservative than the party as a whole. That's changing, it's not like it used to be, but there are still quite a number of conservative southern democrats.

Agree, she is tiresome!

[bbm] thanks for the giggle :laughing:

When I read that the court might place the Rowan County Clerk's office into "receivership", I was confused as to what that had to do with the Kim Davis fiasco. I only knew that process to apply to bankruptcy proceedings.

So, I consulted my friend, Google, who recommended my friend Wiki, and thought I'd share some info with anyone else who might want to know!

And now that I've read more, I think it's a good remedy to get Kim Davis out of the picture, without having to wait on the KY legislature, or waiting for KD to resign (which might take until he77 freezes over). Bold by me below.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Receivership

So, IMO-- Judge, please,-- bring on the receivership! Get Kim Davis out of the way of the business of the Rowan County Clerk's office!

I can't figure out why she wasn't immediately arrested and thrown back into jail. She clearly 'meddled' and violated court orders.

She "confiscated all the original forms, and provided a changed form" that didn't mention Rowan County, the filing said. Nor did the new form mention her name or references to a "deputy clerk."

Where Mason's signature would appear, the filing said, there were initials.

Sep 22 2015, 3:19 am ET

Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis Is Meddling and Altering Marriage Licenses, ACLU Says

by Tim Stelloh

Kim Davis went back to work as a Kentucky county clerk last week after a stint in jail and a pledge that she wouldn't interfere with deputies who were issuing wedding licenses to same-sex couples.

But in a court motion filed Monday, the American Civil Liberties Union said that she was doing just that.

After returning to her job on Sept. 14 as the Rowan County clerk, the filing said, Davis "immediately" began meddling with licenses that the office's deputy clerk, Brian Mason, was issuing...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...s-altering-wedding-licenses-aclu-says-n431336

I can't figure out why she wasn't immediately arrested and thrown back into jail. She clearly 'meddled' and violated court orders.

She "confiscated all the original forms, and provided a changed form" that didn't mention Rowan County, the filing said. Nor did the new form mention her name or references to a "deputy clerk."

you'd think issuing valid marriage licenses would make the issue go away..

Not a lawyer, and hopefully one will chime in, but I believe its because this is civil, not criminal. It has to go before the judge first. He has to decide whether her actions violate his order. Being held in contempt isn't really like an arrest. Moo

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

[bbm] don't you think rather that she has the kind of personality that will go to her death thinking she's right? she's a wannabe martyr IMO

Only watched the trailer, but as the saying goes," If the shoe fits...". She clearly is affected and angry that she's being called a hypocrite and compared to Hitler. Maybe it'll finally get through to her that she's not the victim, nor Rosa Parks, nor a Jew in Nazi Germany..

this. perfectly expressed. thank you.

In my experience the louder the person proclaims their belief system (especially in such a judgmental way), the more hypocritical the life they lead actually is.

meh, no one will even remember her ... likely not even her own future relatives

She will be known as nothing more, than those in the past that opposed equal rights for others throughout history. For generations to come, her ancestors will most likely be embarrassed by her actions.

[bbm] don't you think rather that she has the kind of personality that will go to her death thinking she's right? she's a wannabe martyr IMO

Nah. She is as committed to her "cause" as she was to her many marriages.

Well, maybe a little more committed to her bigotry, because she gets attention and possibly a book deal out of this.

"I can take a big poo on the bond of marriage, but those icky gays better not try to soil the sanctity"

Hate her so much. Feel bad for my hate.

Am I the only one who feels badly for following this thread, ergo perpetuating this unusual person's 15 minutes? I keep looking because, let's face it, life's busy and you awesome WS'ers are my main sources of up-to- date news :blushing:, but I really do feel embarrassed sometimes for slowing down traffic to look at this car wreck.

Am I the only one who feels badly for following this thread, ergo perpetuating this unusual person's 15 minutes? I keep looking because, let's face it, life's busy and you awesome WS'ers are my main sources of up-to- date news :blushing:, but I really do feel embarrassed sometimes for slowing down traffic to look at this car wreck.

Same.

I feel bad giving her the attention but I don't want to miss what happens next.

I would have thought that her actions were a violation of federal civil rights laws. Government officials can't refuse to provide lawful services to the public just because of their personal bias. I don't see why they don't charge her in federal court, that is one way to remove her from office if she won't do the honorable thing and resign. Ten years in a federal prison should knock some sense into her.

I'm committed to following it until she's thrown out, Brian Mason promoted to her job, and the licenses validated.

icon14.png
Bless her heart, now Huckabee will get 1 vote:moo:

Lovin' that!!!!!

:D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members