KY - Rowan County clerk Kim Davis Jailed for Contempt, 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have no idea. But do you think they should have the added worry yrs down the road as to if their union was legal?
What if the docs are challenged when it comes to insurance and so on.

I'm really not trying to argue with you about this, but more just put it into context of how big an issue is this, really.
I personally have been married for 33 years, and have never, not once, had to produce or show the marriage license. I hope if I ever need to, I'll be able to find it.

I'm really not trying to argue with you about this, but more just put it into context of how big an issue is this, really.
I personally have been married for 33 years, and have never, not once, had to produce or show the marriage license. I hope if I ever need to, I'll be able to find it.

If you are the couple standing in front of her and your wedding has been planned for months and your honeymoon is booked and paid for and you're expecting this to be a wonderful, happy experience and you're met with a giant "NO, you can NOT get married!" I think the issue is a huge one. Does it make a difference how many couples this happens to?

It depends on the circumstances. I always know exactly where both my marriage certificates are (one current, one filed with matching divorce papers) because I've needed them so often.

JMO.

At least you can rest easy knowing that no one will call into question your license. It is a big issue but only because it is being made into one by KD and friends.
Should everyone go to another county or her clerks be made to suffer the wrath of God (lol) just so Kim will feel secure that she won't be judged by God?
She is a very selfish full of herself person. IMO

I have no idea. But do you think they should have the added worry yrs down the road as to if their union was legal?
What if the docs are challenged when it comes to insurance and so on.
Imo, this is just KD trying to remain relevant. The legally issued marriage licenses, issued by her office and signed by a deputy clerk, will *never* be challenged.

It's a little ridiculous, really... what if she were incapacitated for some reason, maybe due to a medical emergency... all work done by her office would have to come to a crashing halt since she couldn't personally approve of each action?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I just googled it, and there is only 23,500 people in the whole county. How many people get married there?
It doesn't matter... if one person in her county is inconvenienced by her refusal to provide government services, that's a problem.

Oh, and she's not up for reelection until 2018, and there is no mechanism in KY state law allowing a recall. So her constituents are stuck with her for another 4 years.

Imo, this is just KD trying to remain relevant. The legally issued marriage licenses, issued by her office and signed by a deputy clerk, will *never* be challenged.

It's a little ridiculous, really... what if she were incapacitated for some reason, maybe due to a medical emergency... all work done by her office would have to come to a crashing halt since she couldn't personally approve of each action?

I had that thought as well. She is sooo important. lol My only concern was that some were actually pondering this as though it could have merit.

It doesn't matter... if one person in her county is inconvenienced by her refusal to provide government services, that's a problem.

Oh, and she's not up for reelection until 2018, and there is no mechanism in KY state law allowing a recall. So her constituents are stuck with her for another 4 years.

What if she is up for re-election and is voted back in? Small community, maybe most are just like her.

1). I don't know what's scarier -- that an elected official thinks for one second that NO OTHER U.S. citizen has the right to equal protection and liberties now that the six couples with lawsuit have got what they wanted. Does she honestly think no other same sex couple will ever approach her office and request their federally protected right to a marriage license? WHAT???

2) that her so-called "legal council" actually thinks she has a chance in her heaven or her hell that they would even consider saying, "Well, okay Kim, since you made six couples happy, I guess that's enough!"

I'm sorry, I love my home state of Kentucky, and I'm very proud to call myself an employee of Government that protects the liberties of so many diverse groups, but why does Kim Davis have to embarrass my beloved bluegrass state with her self-righteous bigotry and contempt for others? PLEASE don't let her tarnish your impression of KY, I can attest that there is indeed an abundance of intelligent humans within our state.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No worries. I have two friends from KY that are lovely and giving and nothing like KD and group. She managed to draw a small vocal group and get the attention of media and she isn't reflective of all who live in KY. IMO

What if she is up for re-election and is voted back in? Small community, maybe most are just like her.

If they want to pay $80.000 to a clerk who is only willing to keep her oath and do her duties when it suits her and takes surprise jail vacations because she will ignore court orders... then they deserve her I guess.

She was elected in 2014 and it's not like gay marriages weren't in the air then, so to speak.

IMO the hate is in the act itself. You can call it anything you want but it comes down to the fact Davis is not only breaking the law by denying marriage licenses to gay couples the act of her denial is focused on a certain group in our society that has been given the same rights as everyone else.

Exactly.

There are ways to express love without words. Likewise, hate.

Davis is practicing discrimination and discrimination is an expression of hatred that is older than the hills.

I just googled it, and there is only 23,500 people in the whole county. How many people get married there?
Why does it matter if it's 2 people or 20,000 people? That woman does not have the right to deny their rights.

If only one couple's rights are infringed upon that is one too many for me.

Sent from my LG-D321 using Tapatalk

I just realized who KD reminds me of: Joe the Plumber. Two nobodies that found 5 minutes of spotlight.

From the article:
This is not a case of the law interfering with her ability to practice her faith. That would indeed be a grave matter. This is a case of her faith interfering with her ability to uphold the law as a public official. You have every right to believe that the earth is 6,000 years old, but you can’t expect to keep your job at the U.S. Geological Survey if you won’t backdate the rocks. And if they fired you, we would not call you persecuted. We would say, “Well, science is clearly not your field.”

From the article:

EXACTLY. The problem is not what she believes, nor her right to believe in it. The problem is her BREAKING THE LAW she is supposed to uphold as an elected official based on such beliefs. Sister has it all wrong.

I just realized who KD reminds me of: Joe the Plumber. Two nobodies that found 5 minutes of spotlight.

Good one. Kathy Bates would be perfect playing her. Think Misery in the Stephen King horror flick.

Kim Davis wins her bigot medal: Conservative summit will honor anti-gay Kentucky clerk
http://www.salon.com/2015/09/14/kim...ve_summit_will_honor_anti_gay_kentucky_clerk/

This is the same outfit that Josh Duggar used to work for.

Tony Perkins’ conservative Family Research Council just announced plans to honor Kentucky clerk Kim Davis with a leadership award at its upcoming Value Voters summit featuring a majority of Republican presidential candidates.

Far from the media’s portrayal, Kim isn’t trying to impose her views on anyone, she is simply asking that her orthodox religious views be accommodated.

Sooo.... when she was refusing to issue marriage licences she wasn't trying to stop gays getting married then? Because it's against her religion?

I would certainly call that imposing her views on others.

The courage of Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis isn’t just changing the conversation — it’s changing the political landscape. In places like Missouri, where state officials watched with horror as Davis was hauled off to jail for her Christian beliefs, leaders are moving quickly to protect their people from the same fate. The Supreme Court created this mess — now it’s incumbent on states to protect the victims mired in it.

I thought she was hauled off to jail for contempt of court.

A lawyer for Kentucky clerk Kim Davis on Monday said that her legal team will file a new lawsuit against Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear (D), accusing him of failing to provide an accommodation for Davis.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/kim-davis-lawsuit-steve-beshear

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back