KY - Rowan County clerk Kim Davis Jailed for Contempt, 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope Judge Bunning finds her in contempt again.

I certainly find her petty, immature, and all around contemptible. Such a poor example of a Christian, IMO.

In my opinion the takeaway should be that when people say they are Christian (or fill in the blank with whatever faith you wish), it means absolutely nothing. People all over the world do horrible (and good) things every day while they say that they are Christian. It's meaningless, and morality is about actions, not titles.

In my experience the louder the person proclaims their belief system (especially in such a judgmental way), the more hypocritical the life they lead actually is.

In my experience the louder the person proclaims their belief system (especially in such a judgmental way), the more hypocritical the life they lead actually is.

Absolutely. If someone is a good person, they shouldn't need to tell me about it. There's an industry in being sanctimonious, profit to be made by proclaiming one's piety. When I hear or see anything like that, you'll see me running out the door with one hand on my wallet.

In my opinion the takeaway should be that when people say they are Christian (or fill in the blank with whatever faith you wish), it means absolutely nothing. People all over the world do horrible (and good) things every day while they say that they are Christian. It's meaningless, and morality is about actions, not titles.

Not-so-fun fact: Edgar Ray Killen, the mastermind behind the "Mississippi Burning" civil rights murders, was an ordained Baptist minister.

And Klansman.

I hope Judge Bunning finds her in contempt again.

I certainly find her petty, immature, and all around contemptible. Such a poor example of a Christian, IMO.

She is a poor example of a human being. PERIOD! What a disgrace for humankind to have someone that has no heart or sympathy for anyone but their own selfishness.

If this woman makes herself into the history books of the future, she will be known as a huge disgusting bigot.

Sep 19 2015, 12:59 am ET

Lawyer for Deputy Clerk: Kim Davis May Be Violating Judge's Order

by Pete Williams

The lawyer for a county official in Kentucky said Friday that Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis may have violated a federal judge's order against interfering with the issuance of marriage licenses.

After claiming that granting them to same-sex couples would violate her religious beliefs, Davis was found in contempt of court for refusing to issue any licenses and spent five days in jail earlier this month.

When the judge released her, he ordered her not to interfere with any of her deputies who assumed the duty of issuing the licenses...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...m-davis-may-be-violating-judges-order-n430116

Even if Kim Davis were to be expelled or forced to resign her position, she could probably run for the same office. Check out this current Michigan case of two Representatives who had an affair and used state funds for the cover-up. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ives-committed-misconduct-misused-state-funds

In a marathon late-night session, one of the parties was ousted while the other resigned when he saw the writing on the wall. Both have submitted petitions to run for their "former" seats in a special election in November, and both seem confident that their constituents will return them to the respective seats. :rolleyes:

Even if Kim Davis were to be expelled or forced to resign her position, she could probably run for the same office. Check out this current Michigan case of two Representatives who had an affair and used state funds for the cover-up. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ives-committed-misconduct-misused-state-funds

In a marathon late-night session, one of the parties was ousted while the other resigned when he saw the writing on the wall. Both have submitted petitions to run for their "former" seats in a special election in November, and both seem confident that their constituents will return them to the respective seats. :rolleyes:

You're probably right. It's a moot question, though, since KY officials announced days ago that they will NOT bring any charges against her in her official capacity.

Cowardly, but predictable. There's been a bipartisan consensus among KY legislators that the governor should call a special session to accommodate her refusal to obey the law. And then there's Judge B's incredible comment that marriage license applicants needed to be aware that the legality of their licenses was uncertain...

It's been eye-opening, watching this case study of how political considerations can trump not only common sense but local, state, federal, and Constitutional law.

I wonder where Huckabee is. He said he would take her place in jail. I'm surprised it took the attorney of Mason so long to say anything. She said she was doing this on the day she returned to work which was Monday.
Is this change to the documents just for same sex couples or all couples?
I feel for Mason and wish he could take her position. He seems to be a decent person.I think he must have been the clerk that told the one couple he would give out licenses but Davis wouldn't let him.
No hope of that with her son next in line.
I hope she has to answer for her deeds. Who the he** does she think she is anyway to make such changes on her own.
IMO

If you can’t figure out when to bake or when not to bake, and you earned a big payoff — you’re not a martyr.

The florist’s quest for martyrdom just wilted for lack of damage. She claimed loss of avocation, home and all that she held dear. The truth was a $2000 fine and a finger wagging.

Those who don’t get punished really at all aren’t martyrs. They are drama queens.

There was also the Idaho wedding chapel guy who was went around telling everyone how he was going to prison. He barely makes it on this list since he had nobody who wanted to patronize him, no authorities questioning his action, no ordinances violated, and no issues raised on how he was doing business.

Those who have to beg to be harassed, and then still aren’t, are not martyrs.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...new-american-martyrs_55f43669e4b077ca094f4c2e

You know that saying "What would Jesus do?"

I'm not a Christian but having grown up in the bible belt, I know a little about Jesus. He always struck me as a pretty humble and cool guy what with feeding the hungry, driving the moneylenders out of the temple, suggesting that only those who were without sin were entitled to punish others for their sins, and whatnot.

If I had to define Jesus in three words, they would be "Jesus is love." Those words are stuck in my mind due to a ceramics project that I completed in Vacation Bible School (attended under duress) whose result I displayed in my room for many years afterward because I liked what I'd done with it artistically.

So I can't help but wonder what Jesus would do if he were a county clerk in Kentucky?

I'm just a dumb non-Christian, but I think he would issue the marriage licenses under the caviat of "render under Caesar" even if he disagreed with gay marriage, which as far as I know he never commented on specifically.

But based on my understanding of him, I think he would have no problem in bestowing his blessing on any couple who wanted to unite out of love, because he was all about love.

At least according to my VBS teachers.

Beautifully said, Izzy. You know more about Jesus than you think you do. Yes, He was all about love. And I agree -- I think if there were two persons of the same sex who loved each other, willing to forsake all others, He would gladly give them his blessing, as he would do with two persons of opposite sexes.

Beautifully said, Izzy. You know more about Jesus than you think you do. Yes, He was all about love. And I agree -- I think if there were two persons of the same sex who loved each other, willing to forsake all others, He would gladly give them his blessing, as he would do with two persons of opposite sexes.
Doubt it. Jesus was a Jew who, based on the evidence of the New Testament, took a more conservative position on matters of marriage, divorce, and sexuality than fellow rabbis. Sometimes telling another person "no" is the most loving thing we can do for them. Think of where children would be if they were permitted to do anything they thought made sense to them at the moment.

Doubt it. Jesus was a Jew who, based on the evidence of the New Testament, took a more conservative position on matters of marriage, divorce, and sexuality than fellow rabbis. Sometimes telling another person "no" is the most loving thing we can do for them. Think of where children would be if they were permitted to do anything they thought made sense to them at the moment.

You mean the way Kim Davis thinks she should be permitted to do what makes sense to her, however illegal?

Well I'm sorry but if telling them no, she won't issue them a marriage licence because "yuck, you guys are gay, eww, doncha know you're an abomination in the Bible, and I don't support your right to live in peace and love the life partner you've chosen and get the same legal rights that everyone else gets" is the most loving thing that Kim Davis can do to a gay couple, her love isn't worth much, and no one needs it. JMHO.

Kentucky statutes:

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/statutes/statute.aspx?id=36475

Each county clerk shall use the form prescribed by the Department for Libraries and Archives when issuing a marriage license. This form shall provide for the entering of all of the information required in this section, and may also provide for the entering of additional information prescribed by the Department for Libraries and Archives. The form shall consist of:
(1)
A marriage license which provides for the entering of:
(a)
An authorization statement of the county clerk issuing the license for any
person or religious society authorized to perform marriage ceremonies to unite
in marriage the persons named;
(b)
Vital information for each party, including the full name, date of birth, place
of birth, race, condition (single, widowed, or divorced), number of previous
marriages, occupation, current residence, relationship to the other party, and
full names of parents; and
(c)
The date and place the license is issued, and the signature of the county clerk or deputy clerk issuing the license.
The form of marriage license prescribed in KRS 402.100 shall be uniform throughout this state, and every license blank shall contain the identical words and figures provided in the form prescribed by that section. In issuing the license the clerk shall deliver it in its entirety to the licensee. The clerk shall see to it that every blank space required to be filled by the applicants is so filled before delivering it to the licensee
http://www.lrc.ky.gov/statutes/statute.aspx?id=36477
http://www.lrc.ky.gov/statutes/statute.aspx?id=36475

I am not a lawyer, a county clerk, a Kentucky resident or a hungry hippopotamus, but it seems to me that if Kim Davis tampered with the forms it would no longer be a legal document according to the Kentucky statutes.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/dominicholden/brian-mason-deputy-clerk#.jfGLjbVNw

Pro-Davis activists protested outside the clerk’s office, calling for him to be fired.

“Everyone has an opinion,” he reflected. “It doesn’t bother me.”

Likewise, he said, mean-spirited, personal comments directed at Davis are “not necessary.”

“She is very nice,” Mason said. “She is a very sweet lady. She has a good budget in. She’s good at her job. She doesn’t hate anyone.”

I think this says a lot about how much this is about love. Here's a guy who seems very nice and has only nice things to say about his boss who caused him to be in this hot mess, and may have saved everyone's *advertiser censored* in the office because he was willing to sign the marriage licences that no one else would even though it's their job to sign them, and if that's not enough, the court ordered them to... And what happens? Kim Davis supporters are picketing for him to be fired.

Fired. For. Doing. His. Freaking. Job.

Yeah, this is about love.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/09/09/us-usa-gaymarriage-kentucky-idUSKCN0R91RC20150909
Ante Pavkovic, one of the people who helped organize pro-Davis rallies outside the Grayson, Kentucky, detention center where Davis was jailed, lectured the deputy clerks not to violate their oaths of office. He criticized Bunning and the U.S. Supreme Court justices who backed gay marriage.

"Do not join them in this any further, and if you can't do that, then you should just quit," Pavkovic, 49, of North Carolina, said, standing in the clerk's office in Morehead, Kentucky.

He waved a sign in the faces of the deputy clerks that read, "Fire the cowardly clerks that are lawbreakers." He was asked to leave by a deputy sheriff.

What a shame Kim Davis doesn't extend her love to divorced people attempting to remarry. She doesn't seem to care at all that they are acting in direct violation of the bible.

LOL you just can't make this stuff up (except it might be made up) :
According to USAToday, Kim Davis is guilty of bigamy, or technically trigamy. She failed to have her divorce decree from her first husband properly notarized before marrying her second husband. Then she remarried after that, meaning that technically, she was married to three men at the same time. Add to that the fact that she’s now legally responsible for such things as issuing valid marriage certificates, and this whole thing is a really bad sitcom.

http://www.newnownext.com/evan-rach...le-doesnt-suffer-fools-on-stage-meme/09/2015/

Since Kentucky law found that Kim Davis was still technically married to Dwain Wallace while “in cohabitation” with McIntyre before their eventual breakup – and before the first of her two marriages to Joe Davis, which book-ended the less than year-long marriage to McIntyre – the technical definition of bigamy was met.

To further add to her woes, Davis apparently failed to notarize the parental rights papers between Joe and the McIntyre twins. Due to that oversight, the Kentucky bylaw finds that Kim now owes husband number 1 over $100K in child support, even though they were not his biological children, but because her first marriage was unknowingly still in effect while she was in the adulterous relationship with McIntyre before remarrying Davis.

Legal scholars also say the Davis matter now serves as a test case for the issue of trigamy: the condition of having three spouses, resulting from a marriage to a third party when the divorce status between a first and a second party has not been finalized, or if a marriage between 2 and 3 parties has not been legally nullified before another legal union is entered into, whether or not the parties are aware of their legal, marital status (the Taylor Statute).
http://usatoday.com.co/kim-davis-guilty-of-bigamy-says-kentucky-bylaw/

This would be too funny but apparently it's not true
http://www.thatsfake.com/has-kim-davis-really-been-found-guilty-of-bigamy/
USAToday.com.co is part of a growing number of .co websites that attempt to disguise themselves as reputable brands that includes NYTimes.com.co, washingtonpost.com.co and NBC.com.co. These are fake news websites and nothing on them should be taken seriously. USAToday.com.co has nothing to do with USAToday.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/dominicholden/brian-mason-deputy-clerk#.jfGLjbVNw

I think this says a lot about how much this is about love. Here's a guy who seems very nice and has only nice things to say about his boss who caused him to be in this hot mess, and may have saved everyone's *advertiser censored* in the office because he was willing to sign the marriage licences that no one else would even though it's their job to sign them, and if that's not enough, the court ordered them to... And what happens? Kim Davis supporters are picketing for him to be fired.

Fired. For. Doing. His. Freaking. Job.

Yeah, this is about love.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/09/09/us-usa-gaymarriage-kentucky-idUSKCN0R91RC20150909

What would be sweet justice would be for her to be removed from office, and Brian Mason given her job as County Clerk!!! Why can't Kim Davis just quit???:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back