Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They still have the searchers on standby today. It's meant to rain, but it's also meant to get into the low 70s. My husband got a call about half an hour ago to be ready in case the weather changes.
Thats great! I remember when CCSAR helped when Harvey hit Texas. They always put safety first but they worked in some pretty wicked weather and conditions.
ETA spelling

Last edited:
I'd say a lot of people have theirs winterized. Also, he said on their FB site that he needs someone familiar w/the Ky River, to operate it. With those two requirements it may be difficult, add in a workday, and the weather conditions. I saw another fella had offered his, but not sure if he's experienced with the River.

When my ex husband was a police officer for many years he was also part of their search, and recovery dive team. They did surface searches, and deep dives in order to recover bodies.

He said many times you literally found the body when the victim struck their dive mask. You had feel for them for the visibility in rivers are almost nonexistent.

Rivers are the worst whether surface or below, because they filled with so many obstacles where bodies easily get trapped under so many types of debris hiding them making them almost impossible to be located. It's hard for even side sonar to detect them.

He said searching rivers are the most complicated and the most dangerous of all waterways to search, and recover.

Back then they didn't have side sonar nor did they have scent dogs who now ride in the boats along with the searchers who are able to detect human cadaver scents below the surface.

I pray they can locate Savannah's body soon.

Imo

I took it as she would be home in the morning when the sun was up and she had sobered up or got a few hours of sleep. It sounds like it's a college town and she possibly parked at a friends so it would be normal to assume she was going to stay somewhere if she was drunk. My mom is weird about cars. She is scared to call someone if they might be driving. She won't go on highways. I couldn't drive a car with her in it because she would scream stop well before a sign or red light. I think some people are more laid back. I've had friends who have totaled a car and their parents lend them theirs the next day.

Yes we all are different in the way we react. I know there are plenty of people who drink and drive or don't really care who drives while intoxicated. Sad.

Highly intoxicated would mean hours of not drinking before you could drive and not be considered an intoxicated driver.

Thing is Mom did not know how much she had drank, how much more she would drink or when she would stop and head home. All she knew was that she felt Savannah was highly intoxicated when she talked to her and she was out with friends. Also that Savannah would be back that morning and it was 3 a.m. when they talked. I haven't read what time the Mom needed the car, I've read Savannah knew Mom needed the car the next day. Guess that's all she knew, the story keeps changing.

Last edited:
Well, in the past I'd have said that if more than one person is involved that it would just be a matter of weeks before someone folded and talked. Yet we have several other missing people in the area, people who have disappeared under similar circumstances, and we're years later without an arrest. To be optimistic, though, I'm going to say we should see movement one way or the other before March.

It's good LE is taking there time and not releasing too much info. It's better if they build a solid case. Did anything come out about the vehicle that was confiscated by police?

I took it as she would be home in the morning when the sun was up and she had sobered up or got a few hours of sleep. It sounds like it's a college town and she possibly parked at a friends so it would be normal to assume she was going to stay somewhere if she was drunk. My mom is weird about cars. She is scared to call someone if they might be driving. She won't go on highways. I couldn't drive a car with her in it because she would scream stop well before a sign or red light. I think some people are more laid back. I've had friends who have totaled a car and their parents lend them theirs the next day.

Lexington does have several universities (Transylvania and University of Kentucky, as well as some smaller community colleges) and she was last seen near UK's campus. Both of these universities are located downtown so you're never far from either. The men were supposedly parked in the hospital's lot. Do we know where Savannah parked?

In this article it says that Savannah went out with a friend that night, but that they got into an argument and separated.

‘I’m begging you.’ Missing Kentucky woman’s mom thinks men have more to tell.

It's good LE is taking there time and not releasing too much info. It's better if they build a solid case. Did anything come out about the vehicle that was confiscated by police?
I agree. People get upset at LE for not releasing more info but it's not a willy nilly decision. There is an entire LE procedural manual they follow when it comes to releasing info. I posted a link to it on another thread. It was very interesting and really gave understanding to when, what, and why or why not. Last I heard about evidence from the vehicle LE stated they were not releasing the info. JMO

Yes we all are different in the way we react. I know there are plenty of people who drink and drive or don't really care who drives while intoxicated. Sad.

Highly intoxicated would mean hours of not drinking before you could drive and not be considered an intoxicated driver.

If she ate slept and didn't drink she should have been fine by 8. Just eating and drinking water would have sobered her before than possibly. Worse case scenario you get dropped off at home and friends drop your car off or someone picks it up the next day. I used to leave my car at my friends house because he lived near the bars. I'd get it the next day Some people do have a designated driver.

There's been some insinuation by posters on here that they have some inside information about this case-info that can't be provided by links. It would be great if those of you who are close to this case could become verified insiders. Very helpful.

I don't personally know Savannah, but my husband does. He was her teacher. I just know a lot about Madison County and Lexington. I've lived here for 30 years. I can add info pertaining to culture and geography. I have many friends who were close to Savannah, though, so the crime (and I do believe there was a crime) just feels closer than most.

Sorry two replies in order to address what you've said.

It's been reported Savannah told her Mom she wanted to go out but didn't say to a bar to drink or in Lexington. Savannah went to a girlfriends house in Richmond and they went to another male friends house in Lexington where Savannah left her car. The all three went to the bar, male friend driving his car but while in the bar got into an argument and the two friends left Savannah at the bar. Her Moms car was still parked at the males friends home in Lexington. Have not read where that home was located.

There's been some insinuation by posters on here that they have some inside information about this case-info that can't be provided by links. It would be great if those of you who are close to this case could become verified insiders. Very helpful.

I don't personally know Savannah, but my husband does. He was her teacher. I just know a lot about Madison County and Lexington. I've lived here for 30 years. I can add info pertaining to culture and geography. I have many friends who were close to Savannah, though, so the crime (and I do believe there was a crime) just feels closer than most.
Would you explain why and how you feel there was no crime committed?

Sorry, you said a crime, my mistake.

Claire Kopsky‏ @ClaireMKopsky
The Cajun Coast Search and Rescue Team and @RichmondPDKY detectives are headed to the Kentucky River this morning to continue the search for Savannah Spurlock who’s been missing for more than a month now. Details coming up on #SUNRISE on @LEX18News.

Volunteer Search Crew in Need of Boat

Claire Kopsky on Twitter
So their volunteer boat and operator fell through? I hope someone helps. Per CCSAR FB site they are stretched thin at the moment working 7 cases at this time and all on donations. Cajun Coast Search & Rescue Team

I don't mean her Mom wanted her driving drunk.

Savannah's Mom let her use her car. If a person is going to drink and especially to excess they don't drive nor would you lend them your car. The Mom talks to Savannah and knows when talking to her she is highly intoxicated, has her car and needs to drive home. As a Mom I think I would have tried to find out where she was and gone to pick her up or even called the Police to retrieve my car.

It sounds unusual to me that Mom just went back to sleep after finding out Savannah was highly intoxicated and had to drive to return home Guess it doesn't matter now, can't change things but was curious if in that area residents and or the law take drunk driving seriously?

Wondering why Savannah's Mom had the attitude she displayed when finding out her daughter was highly intoxicated and would be driving.

What this makes me think, is that the mother was not concerned because this was COMMON behavior. If I recall correctly, her DUI In December was at 5am. <modsnipped not victim friendly>

Regarding the FaceTime call to Mom, again I dont find that suspicious either. Many kids that age use FaceTime frequently. Another thought, she could be trying to save her phone minutes, or was out of minutes, so using Facetime uses data rather than minutes. I know my own 22 yr old son, will use Facebook messenger to make calls when his phone is “shut off” due to overdue bill, etc. I think there are many reasonable explanations for the FaceTime call.

In my opinion, I think she left with these guys willingly. Something went wrong later on that morning, but I think she was quite willing to go out and party wherever they were heading.

Last edited by a moderator:
So their volunteer boat and operator fell through? I hope someone helps. Per CCSAR FB site they are stretched thin at the moment working 7 cases at this time and all on donations. Cajun Coast Search & Rescue Team

There seems to be some confusion about the boat right now. Someone donated one, but then somebody decided that it didn't meet the requirements of what they needed, and then there was talk of another one. They ARE going out this morning, though. It just may not be on a boat.

Hopefully there will be some news updates this evening.

Does anyone know where the bridge in this video is and if the SS could have been taken there? Wouldn't be hard to map out how fast and what direction it would carry a body.
OOPS ETA video

Can you get your husband to join?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member