Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
that's unfortunately my theory. :(
Do pay phones even exist anymore? Without cameras? Someone should call in a tip to provide closure. Surely even addicts love someone or something as much as their drug of choice. No family deserves to suffer this fate IMO

Honestly asking. For those who post SS went with these men willingly or similar. What are you trying to say about what happened? I keep seeing these comments and not sure if it's just a basic observation and nothing to do with the fact that she is missing or more? TIA

For me, for the most part, it's just an observation that she wasn't grabbed on the street and thrown into the vehicle. She met a guy in a bar, and rode back with him and his friends, to a place that she had never been, most likely b/c she was inebriated. There's no sign in the cctv photos that either man was trying to pull her toward a vehicle. In fact, at one point, it seems neither man is paying much attention to her at all and she could have walked away. This case has really bothered me b/c it highlites what can happen to people when they drink to excess, and don't tell folks where they are going, and stay with their friend(s). As you said, it could've happened to any of us for being too trusting, or just partying, and thinking we were in the company of a friend. I believe, as SS mother stated early on, that SS had had some personal issues in the past, that she was still dealing with. It doesn't mean she's any less worth finding, than anyone else.

I’ve been to lock 8 and considered that earlier but I’m not familiar with 7. I don’t recall how to get there unfortunately. Have any locals considered Indian Falls or that immediate vicinity? Is anyone available to physically go out and search? TIA!

In Jessamine county? I think locals were prob in their boats over the weekend, being itvwas warm & we all had our toys out (bikes, boats, horses).

For me, for the most part, it's just an observation that she wasn't grabbed on the street and thrown into the vehicle. She met a guy in a bar, and rode back with him and his friends, to a place that she had never been, most likely b/c she was inebriated. There's no sign in the cctv photos that either man was trying to pull her toward a vehicle. In fact, at one point, it seems neither man is paying much attention to her at all and she could have walked away. This case has really bothered me b/c it highlites what can happen to people when they drink to excess, and don't tell folks where they are going, and stay with their friend(s). As you said, it could've happened to any of us for being too trusting, or just partying, and thinking we were in the company of a friend. I believe, as SS mother stated early on, that SS had had some personal issues in the past, that she was still dealing with. It doesn't mean she's any less worth finding, than anyone else.

Ita. Plus, there’s always LE in the area at closing time.

Curious Wade thinks she’s not in the river, huh?

In Jessamine county? I think locals were prob in their boats over the weekend, being itvwas warm & we all had our toys out (bikes, boats, horses).
Well, we winterize our boats and most toys so hubby would not let them out until we are beyond the “Fool’s Spring” lol
I just had the thought that locals would know of Indian Falls and while Lock 7 and 8 would both be good places to search that maybe Indian Falls would meet the criteria? Although I don’t recall the weather the day Savannah went missing, it would def be one of my choices to look at!

Unless someone showed them the pics they wouldn't have had access to his phone until and if the search warrant included his phone. They would have had to show the judge they had PC that a crime was commited BEFORE getting the search warrant.Possibly from guy 3? JMO

When "black truck guy" gets pulled over, and interviewed, he gives them the names of the other men. The other men are brought in for questioning. The only way they could possibly know that she was in that home, for sure, is if one of the men may have taken a pic or two of them all hanging out, partying, etc... She left a personal item there, or dna, or they just flat out said she was (but they could be lying). I don't think that DNA evidence could have come back this quickly. It's supposed to get turned around in 90 days but I'm not too sure about that. Maybe they can put a post haste on it.

Thank you for explaining. I agree 100%

Absolutely...still could be an abduction/kidnapping if she was not permitted to leave when she wanted to, for example. She had a right as an adult to decide to leave with people other than those she arrived with. I don’t think anyone is claiming she was taken against her will. But what happened after the after party is the issue...did she in fact leave on foot, or worse? Only those men know. Jmo

When "black truck guy" gets pulled over, and interviewed, he gives them the names of the other men. The other men are brought in for questioning. The only way they could possibly know that she was in that home, for sure, is if one of the men may have taken a pic or two of them all hanging out, partying, etc... She left a personal item there, or dna, or they just flat out said she was (but they could be lying). I don't think that DNA evidence could have come back this quickly. It's supposed to get turned around in 90 days but I'm not too sure about that. Maybe they can put a post haste on it.

Prob pictures! Or, one screwed up & told the truth.
Could LE have any data from her phone? Or, is it too soon? I was thinking she may have taken a few selfies.

Re: the FaceTime call to her mom, I’ve gone round and round about this in my head. I have my dad and some of my closest friends saved under my favorites in my iPhone in both voice call and FaceTime format. If she was highly intoxicated, maybe she just hit the wrong command. I do it all the time and then I just go with it.

If one of the men gave an affidavit with info leading LE to believe a crime was committed in the home that would give them what they need. JMO

Could LE have any data from her phone? Or, is it too soon? I was thinking she may have taken a few selfies.

I wonder if they have accessed her iCloud

If SS's phone were in her mother or someone else's name they could have info by now. If not a judge could have signed a warrant for it. It doesn't take as long as it used to for phone data.

You guys catch the 11 news? Evidently, no one has offered a boat for river search tomorrow. Wade thinks the river isn’t the place to search, tho.

Volunteer Search Crew in Need of Boat

They may be worried about the rain and liability. We nearly had to pull off the road. Fri is looking better. Camp Nelson, where he's thinking of putting in, is between those two locks. The old bridge is closed off, of course, but you can still gain access to it but you'd have to walk a bit, and maneuver around the road blocks. The little bridge on down, around that lil loop, is wide open. Water isn't usually very deep though, iirc.

They may be worried about the rain and liability. We nearly had to pull off the road. Fri is looking better. Camp Nelson, where he's thinking of putting in, is between those two locks. The old bridge is closed off, of course, but you can still gain access to it but you'd have to walk a bit, and maneuver around the road blocks. The little bridge on down, around that lil loop, is wide open. Water isn't usually very deep though, iirc.

I guess he’s working thru process of elimination, since he feels she’s not in the river. If she is, it could be months or longer before she’s recovered. Jmo

I think thats news from earlier today but being given later. People have volunteered via their website. Also good information for search sites being shared.

I'd say a lot of people have theirs winterized. Also, he said on their FB site that he needs someone familiar w/the Ky River, to operate it. With those two requirements it may be difficult, add in a workday, and the weather conditions. I saw another fella had offered his, but not sure if he's experienced with the River.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay