Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought a few of the family said they were told the names and didn't recognize any of them? I can see why LE wouldn't name anyone that wasn't at least a POI. There could be huge liability & legal issues by doing so. Everyone may know their names but at this point they are technically just men who have been questioned.

I’m pretty sure it was in one of the longer articles before the search was ever executed. Her mom, best friend and ex all mentioned knowing their names and it recognizing them.

Once the car was towed and media posted the cross streets, it was over. Every one found the first name quick. I don’t trust any other names that have been mentioned as the other two yet. I agree though, until they’re officially POI’s, their names need to be kept private. People have already started reaching out to their family members and other random people based on very little factual information. I don’t think some people understand how damaging that can be and how much extra work it puts on LE.

Does it look like it is sitting on a car console?

It does! I was wondering if it was a zoomed in shot from another pic or something that was taken in her car or a friends car? I guess it was the only clear shot of her phone that they could get?

They knew the guys names before they even searched the house. I’m not sure why it would be out of the question for LE to disclose the names to her inner circle of people during the course of investigating. Why would they not ask those closest to her if they were familiar with the names or if SS had ever mentioned their names before? I also never said anything about LE not having their names or anything about it being public or not. There are absolutely things that the family knows that the public doesn’t know. That’s how cases work.
Are you saying the family knew their names before Police searched the house?

spurlock-phone-and-purse.jpg

If you have any information related to the items in these photos, or if you see them, Richmond Police ask that you call 859-624-4776 or email information to detective@richmond.ky.us.

Thanks. I wish I had actual real information about the case that I could share.

They're fascinating, but I've always been a little afraid of them. We use the rivers for boating, but we don't swim in them much anymore. There's pollution, snakes, river eels, snapping turtles, and fast currents when it rains. We did a "float down the river" fest last summer. It was overseen by the Kentucky Riverkeeper and was to raise money for a local park. Even though we weren't very close to the locks, everyone still had this fear of the current getting too strong and carrying us into them in some kind of nightmarish accident.

I really hope that's not what happened to Savannah. I honestly don't have a real solid theory about her disappearance. The most logical thing would be that the last people who saw her would be the ones responsible so I've been going with that. Getting in an accident on the road and someone either panicking and taking her away or she, herself,crawling off somewhere sound plausible but Julia is right-why wouldn't the dog catch her scent? It's sad. She's young.

BBM
Same. I have no desire to go through them and those who have said it's sorta weird. I used to swim in that river all the time, but haven't been on it, nor in it, in many years (Well, unless you count riding the Dixie Belle at Shakertown). I can understand why they wanted someone to man the boat, who had river experience. I've worried they may find her near one of the locks. I keep feeling she's in water but have zero reason to think so.

I’m saying that the family most likely knew the guys names after LE spoke with the three. Why would they not identify the guys and then go back and ask those cloesest to her if they were aware whether SS had any type of association with them? There’s articles out there where the ex mentions knowing the names and not disclosing them to protect the investigation.

ETA: words

I’m pretty sure it was in one of the longer articles before the search was ever executed. Her mom, best friend and ex all mentioned knowing their names and it recognizing them.

Once the car was towed and media posted the cross streets, it was over. Every one found the first name quick. I don’t trust any other names that have been mentioned as the other two yet. I agree though, until they’re officially POI’s, their names need to be kept private. People have already started reaching out to their family members and other random people based on very little factual information. I don’t think some people understand how damaging that can be and how much extra work it puts on LE.
Thanks for confirming that. I was pretty sure that was the case. I would think one of the 1st things LE would do once they had names would be to ask the family if they recognized them.

The purse picture looks like a blow up of the one we see of her standing with the two guys. They just zoomed in on it.
Can't figure out the phone one!

The pics must be from the past when she did selfies.
Photos show purse, phone Savannah Spurlock was carrying the night she disappeared, police say

RICHMOND, Ky. – Police in Kentucky on Thursday released images of the purse and cell phone they believe missing mother of four Savannah Spurlock was carrying with her the night she disappeared after leaving a popular college bar.

The Richmond Police Department provided Fox News with pictures of the pair of items Spurlock had on her before she disappeared in the early-morning hours of Jan. 4.

Investigators are still searching for the items in the hopes it will bring them closer to finding Spurlock. Police said her wallet was left inside her car that night but her purse and phone were not.

Last edited:
That would be pretty standard in an investigation. Once LE had names they would look to see if there is a connection by asking those closest to SS if they recognized them.

BBM
Same. I have no desire to go through them and those who have said it's sorta weird. I used to swim in that river all the time, but haven't been on it, nor in it, in many years (Well, unless you count riding the Dixie Belle at Shakertown). I can understand why they wanted someone to man the boat, who had river experience. I've worried they may find her near one of the locks. I keep feeling she's in water but have zero reason to think so.

@rsd1200 ~I’ve had the same feeling about the river, for no reason, I guess just cuz it’s in the area she was last known to be. Also, it seems it’d be the easiest/quickest place to get to. Fields have been a mess all winter due to rain. Jmo

Last edited:
Deleted. Been covered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it look like it is sitting on a car console?
Honestly I am not sure it is her phone. Maybe a phone that looks like hers? I was mostly looking at the pictures and it does not look like something she would have on there. I donno!

Honestly I am not sure it is her phone. Maybe a phone that looks like hers? I was mostly looking at the pictures and it does not look like something she would have on there. I donno!
This is what it says on RPD FB page.
"We believe this is the small purse and phone that Savannah had with her the night she went missing."
Richmond Police Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member