Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think these are the things posters are referring to. jmo Most of the comments were in the context of the choices SS made that night. Not judging. Just surprised so many implied they did similar things.
I think for college age kids it's not that uncommon. People get caught up in all the partying and don't always make wise decisions.
Not saying she was in college, but I think it's just the age.
Most people settle down when they become older.
Then of course, there's the concept of thinking one is invincible at that age. Imo

Last edited:
I didn't get the that sense at all. There are a million innocent ways one can put themselves in a risky situation. I never partied, rarely dated, and didn't drink alcohol or use drugs but I was naive and overly trusting of people. It wasn't until I began working in LE that I truly realized and saw how easily one can become a victim. It is very easy to be lulled into a feeling of being safe or being in denial danger can occur. People being complacent about the disappearance of SS may be putting themselves at risk by not pushing to have the case solved if SS was murdered. The killer would still be out there. The feeling of it won't happen to me can come easily and allow one to make mistakes and be at risk. JMHO

Next time if there is a killer in town maybe they will be bolder and take the next woman as she is putting groceries in her car ( I hope not). It also means your neighbor a person you pass by everyday, might not be the nice guy you think he is. Pretending that Savannah brought this on herself is a delusion that keeps people feeling safe right up until it's their child or someone they know.

Next time if there is a killer in town maybe they will be bolder and take the next woman as she is putting groceries in her car ( I hope not). It also means your neighbor a person you pass by everyday, might not be the nice guy you think he is. Pretending that Savannah brought this on herself is a delusion that keeps people feeling safe right up until it's their child or someone they know.
This

I'm still shaking my head that he would travel that far to drink with a headlight out.

There is literally nothing to do in GC if you are a young person, NOTHING, except grab some alcoholic beverages, watch Netflix, and chill, in the winter. It's 30 miles to the nearest college town, type bars, and fun, no matter which way he went. He very well could've been the DD that night, too.

Exactly. There is never any guarantee that you can always protect yourself from danger, no matter what precautions you take.
There is a much higher chance of being killed in a car accident than being murdered or kidnapped or maybe even being robbed. Imo

Sorry, I was going by what was said by another poster about them not having enough money to stay and/or eat. I was just pointing out some things a community could do to help the searchers financial burdens while they are there. I've seen it done in many cases on here, and I think it's a wonderful thing when a community, restaurant, grocery store, church, hotels, etc donate their time, goods, money to keep these searchers going. My bad for assuming it was a matter of monetary reasons that they are leaving.
Going by the CCSAR FB site I think you are right as far as financial needs. But unless things have changed I don't think room and board is a problem. IT seems thats being provided. There is always upkeep of vehicles, equipment, vet bills, and probably so much more.
ETA correction

Last edited:
LOL Yep, it's like asking to be pulled over. So many arrests involving drug possession are made because of taillights, no front license plate, cracked windshield, failure to signal. I could go on and on. It amazes me.
ETA correction

It's b/c they are using hard drugs and/or drinking, and have a false sense of security. I'm ten feet tall and bullet proof!!

Exactly. There is never any guarantee that you can always protect yourself from danger, no matter what precautions you take.
There is a much higher chance of being killed in a car accident than being murdered or kidnapped or maybe even being robbed. Imo

That is so true about car accidents. Good point!

I hope not But there will always be more victims in some shape or form.

Did not say SS brought this on herself. Just commenting on the # of posters that admitted risky behavior.

Have you never ran to the drug store after dark? Ever gone on a walk in a park? Ever gotten in your car without locking your door immediately? Exchanged some words with a stranger?
Most of us have done one or more and thought we were completely safe but were we?
Or disobeyed traffic laws? Sped, passed in a no passing zone, rode to close behind another vehicle?

There is literally nothing to do in GC if you are a young person, NOTHING, except grab some alcoholic beverages, watch Netflix, and chill, in the winter. It's 30 miles to the nearest college town, type bars, and fun, no matter which way he went. He very well could've been the DD that night, too.
I was shaking my head @ the headlight being out.

What I have learned on this thread that amazes me, is the number of woman saying they've put themselves in dangerous situations. Why? Some primal desire to party?

I think a lot of young people have put themselves in danger, many times unknowingly, when they party, in bars, alone. Any person who has ever hitched has put themselves in danger. There's a little thing in the back of your head that says, you shouldn't hitch, but, it's a looooong walk and what are the odds? Relatively low actually. You're more likely to die from accidentally falling.

I was shaking my head @ the headlight being out.
OT Some don't worry as long as there is another passenger in the car and they can through the drugs on the floor near them. Other then that it's a minor misdemeanor so they don't mind.

Yes that's true but really haven't we all put ourselves in a position, sometime in our lives, that could have put us in a terrible situation?

Absolutely true! Some of us at that age found ourselves in a very vulnerable situation through no fault of our own. Cars break down, communication gets screwed up, etc. One thing that bothers me greatly are the hook-ups being done via dating websites. Whomever SS left with, she trusted them and I attribute that to her naivete.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member