Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't the co-worker statement made by the woman who said she was a Godmother to one or more of Savannah's children? I can remember when I read her statement I took it as fact. Fact because I thought she was part of the father of three of the children's family. I remember reading the Police gave out the names of the three men to the family of Savannah and maybe the Fathers of her children too. I took it as she knew for sure these three men were co-workers. Am I wrong in doing this? Was it just a guess? I remember her statement sounding like a fact.

I wouldn’t be surprised if she knew the names though. She was her best friend, more like family. If they went around speaking with SS’s inner circle and asked if they’d ever heard SS mention any of their names, that’s the friend they would most likely ask.

Any confirmation LE searched the pool?
I don't think LE has confirmed anything concerning searches or where they have been conducted . Some areas were figured out by what was shown on media but then media stopped showing pics & videos of searches. LE hasn't released any info on evidence gathered. Hoping that is a good sign but hard to tell.

Wondering, (after looking at google to see that pool) is the adjacent farm the one that was searched on Perkins Lane.
It would make sense because that farm surrounds the home at 3178. The barn that looks like it belongs the property actually belongs to the farm.
Also has the hay bales shown on search pics.
Attaching property line pic.

Attachments

• map-3178-is.top.right.JPG
    map-3178-is.top.right.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 20
I’m going back through the old threads and articles and does anyone remember where all the pings were? I just found a video of her mom, it’s the one where she mentioned the female, and they say LE confirmed a ping in the area of the bar. I could’ve swore there was another one around the nicholasville area, which I always assumed coincided with the FT call. Also, I know her phone was off by 845 am but was that verified by any thing other than her mom trying to call that morning? Phones typically ping towers on a timer so it’s possible that her phone was turned off or dead a lot earlier than 845am. I’m having trouble finding any thing else about the 2 or 3 locations of the phone pings.
One person commented she saw an article saying the last ping was near a back porch. I asked and she didn't remember which article/report it was in. Maybe someone remembers it. I want to know if that is true and if it was the back porch of the home the car was towed from. There was a tarped swimming pool in the Google Earth image. I hope they looked in there.

Unless things have changed drastically in the last 10 or 15 years, half the men in bars are there to pick up women.
I'm not getting the impression that these were "gentlemen." Imo
I would say most of the men there hope to pick up women and don't think they will. The predators hedge their bets by looking for drunk women and the real sickos drug them. The other 10% or so are just killing time to have a drink.

One person commented she saw an article saying the last ping was near a back porch. I asked and she didn't remember which article/report it was in. Maybe someone remembers it. I want to know if that is true and if it was the back porch of the home the car was towed from. There was a tarped swimming pool in the Google Earth image. I hope they looked in there.
I believe the person misinterpret the article because "pings" are signals between a phone instrument and a cell tower. The typical signal radius is about 45 miles, and don't see it possible to claim there was a direct tower signal ping to one specific "back porch." It just doesn't work that way. MOO

Good reminder of why WS TOS require links to anything other then opinion or speculation. It doesn't take long for something to be mistakenly accepted as fact and it's a mess for the Mods to go through and correct. Not saying that is the case here but still a good reminder to post according to rules. As for a back porch ping, I agree with @Seattle1 . A ping is not that specific. GPS possibly but haven't seen or heard any info like that released. JMO

Good reminder of why WS TOS require links to anything other then opinion or speculation. It doesn't take long for something to be mistakenly accepted as fact and it's a mess for the Mods to go through and correct. Not saying that is the case here but still a good reminder to post according to rules. As for a back porch ping, I agree with @Seattle1 . A ping is not that specific. GPS possibly but haven't seen or heard any info like that released. JMO
Someone posted a good article on pings & cell towers. If I remember right, the phone pings every 30 minutes. So, if LE said the phone went dead between 8 & 8:30, it pinged at 8 but not at 8:30. Therefore it died between those 2 times. One article said 8:45 which I assume they just used the midway point between those 2 times.

They may not have been talking about conventional "pings." My iPhone uses both cellular and internet for location. When it's got a wifi signal, it can give a location that precise. I dropped my phone last year getting into my car, didn't notice when I drove away, but find phone was able to pinpoint it down to the parking spot.

Depending on the settings, it will also save "last known location."

So someone else with the right app, like her mother, may have been able to get a location within a small radius even after the phone was dead.

(I use it to locate Mr. Carbuff when he's hiking in the mountains. Normally I can only see where he is when he's in range of a mountaintop cell tower, but sometimes somebody in the huts and campgrounds will have satellite wifi, and then I see exactly where he's at.)

They may not have been talking about conventional "pings." My iPhone uses both cellular and internet for location. When it's got a wifi signal, it can give a location that precise. I dropped my phone last year getting into my car, didn't notice when I drove away, but find phone was able to pinpoint it down to the parking spot.

So someone else with the right app, like her mother, may have been able to get a location within a small radius even after the phone was dead.

(I use it to locate Mr. Carbuff when he's hiking in the mountains. Normally I can only see where he is when he's in range of a mountaintop cell tower, but sometimes somebody in the huts and campgrounds will have satellite wifi, and then I see exactly where he's at.)
True, people do confuse ping and GPS (pretty sure that is what the "find my phone' apps use?). But either way I haven't seen any info released that refers to SS's phones being detected anywhere specifically or on a back porch (referred to in the original post). I do think it is possible SS's phone was in the name of her mother or someone else especially given companies offer family plans, etc. and it is less costly. If it were in the name of a loved one LE would have had quick access to a great deal of helpful info. I am hoping that was the case. Question, do those apps require you to have the phones "location" setting on to work?

Ye

I don't know what they mean by these specific pings but an iphone with find my phone turned on would have the data including GPS location and wifi location based on a database of most all WiFi access points and it can sometimes be accurate to a specific room in a house. Cell tower meta data may also contain GPS location if turned on. I do want to know if that was an actual report about the back porch. If you can say that phone was accurately at a specific location at 8am that is a big deal. If there is a chance she is alive this last ping location needs to be turned upside down and the suspects grilled hard.

I believe the person misinterpret the article because "pings" are signals between a phone instrument and a cell tower. The typical signal radius is about 45 miles, and don't see it possible to claim there was a direct tower signal ping to one specific "back porch." It just doesn't work that way. MOO
Please, which article?

Someone posted a good article on pings & cell towers. If I remember right, the phone pings every 30 minutes. So, if LE said the phone went dead between 8 & 8:30, it pinged at 8 but not at 8:30. Therefore it died between those 2 times. One article said 8:45 which I assume they just used the midway point between those 2 times.
I think I saw that article and should have paid closer attention as opposed to skimming. You used the word "died". Has LE said SS's phone died, as in her battery went dead or were you using that term in a more general way.

The more I think about it, the more disturbed I am. So these guys were "picking up girls"......well, that's pretty pathetic...they come away with a young woman with four kids who just gave birth. Any considerate gentleman or individual would have given her a ride home that late.....no wonder the cops keep their names under wraps....
interesting how do you know they were there to "pick up girls"?
they must have superpowers to get unwilling women to come out of the bar and go with them to a place of their choosing. perhaps these unsuspecting women sensed these superpowers and were powerless to stop them from working their "magic". because no woman would ever willingly leave with a man she just met at a bar.

here is the thing. the world is a different place, for someone ostensibly alone after 2am, especially after ingesting mind altering substances. not everyone you just met 20 minutes ago for the first time, out in the wild, will meet the standard of "considerate gentleman".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member