Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No nitpicking or anything but was he ever officially considered a suspect? Asking because we were not allowed to refer to him here in the past. I might have missed him being named a suspect. Just curious.

According to this article he was, but I always thought he was considered a "person of interest" for lur ourposes

A man is under arrest after remains were found in the search for missing Kentucky mom Savannah Spurlock
Sparks had been a suspect in Spurlock's disappearance immediately after she went missing, Kentucky State Police Trooper Robert Purdy told CNN Thursday [today]

My thought is they knew their son was a "suspect". When they started to smell the odor, they most likely knew what it was. I live in the country and I can 100% tell when it's a dead animal smell versus something like gas. Very distinct and although I've never smelled a dead body (thankfully), I'm sure he automatically knew what it was. Thus contacting the attorney first.

that made me think of Cindy Anthony "it smells like a dead body!" only later to retract and state it smelled like garbage and leftover pizza

it's a VERY distinct smell

“The phone call we had earlier today was credible,” Purdy said in a press conference, “and led us to finding these human remains.” WTVQ-TV reported that the person who called was named Alan Sparks

LEX 18 reported that Savannah was seen on a neighbor’s surveillance video walking into a home that Sparks had rented in Lancaster the night she was vanished. But she wasn’t seen walking out of it, the television station reported.

Although police have said little about the men’s stories, the Lexington Herald-Leader quoted another of Spurlock’s aunts as saying that the men “told police Savannah left one of their homes in Garrard County on foot.”

David Sparks: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Ground was too hard to dig then too, iirc. .

SBM

True I wonder though according to I believe earlier reports I don't believe it was rumor. But I believe when investigators did the second search on Price court that it was reported that DS was no longer living there and that he had moved back home to his parents house.

My question would be where could he have stored a body to keep it preserved ?

I still think its far more likely that he put her in a sealed container, more likely sealed bags and placed her body in the shed under the floor boards. And she has been there since very early on. I think it maybe as simple as whatever she was in was no longer air tight, pests etc

Remember during the search last night they were focused on a specific area (the shed) and there was no backhoe heavy equipment etc and they found her rather quickly.

It sure didn't seem like they were preparing to excavate a dig site based on the photos and helicopter footage.

If it was a grave it was an extremely shallow one, like no more than a foot or two deep uncovered with shovels in a short amount of time and very specifically marked.....

Last edited:
According to this article he was, but I always thought he was considered a "person of interest" for lur ourposes

A man is under arrest after remains were found in the search for missing Kentucky mom Savannah Spurlock
Sparks had been a suspect in Spurlock's disappearance immediately after she went missing, Kentucky State Police Trooper Robert Purdy told CNN Thursday [today]
I don't believe he was ever officially called a person of interest which would be needed per rules; Suspect (as indicated by LE)". Maybe @jULIA_bEE can correct but it seems to me one of the early articles actually said they were not considered person of interest or suspects. LE would not say if they were cleared at that time. I tried to go back to find it but couldn't.
Rules - Etiquette & Information

“The phone call we had earlier today was credible,” Purdy said in a press conference, “and led us to finding these human remains.” WTVQ-TV reported that the person who called was named Alan Sparks

LEX 18 reported that Savannah was seen on a neighbor’s surveillance video walking into a home that Sparks had rented in Lancaster the night she was vanished. But she wasn’t seen walking out of it, the television station reported.

Although police have said little about the men’s stories, the Lexington Herald-Leader quoted another of Spurlock’s aunts as saying that the men “told police Savannah left one of their homes in Garrard County on foot.”

David Sparks: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

That would be the home on Price Court in Lancaster that DS rented IMO

I don't believe he was ever officially called a person of interest which would be needed per rules; Suspect (as indicated by LE)". Maybe @jULIA_bEE can correct but it seems to me one of the early articles actually said they were not considered person of interest or suspects. LE would not say if they were cleared at that time. I tried to go back to find it but couldn't.
Rules - Etiquette & Information

he's been arrested and charged so he's obviously a suspect at this time

“were located concealed in an unnatural position beneath the ground,” according to the arrest citation. BBM
https://www.kentucky.com/news/local/crime/article232533842.html

As to the meaning of ‘unnatural position,’ I think it might just mean that it would have been impossible for her to get there on her own.

(As opposed to a case like Elisa Lam’s, where the missing person is found in a bizarre location, but one where it’s possible that she put herself.)

Last edited:
SBM

True I wonder though according to I believe earlier reports I don't believe it was rumor. But I believe when investigators did the second search on Price court that it was reported that DS was no longer living there and that he had move back home to his parents house.

My question would be where could he have stored a body to keep it preserved ?

I still think its far more likely that he put her in a sealed container, more likely sealed bags and placed her body in the shed under the floor boards. And she has been there since very early on. I think it maybe as simple as whatever she was in was no longer air tight, pests etc

Remember during the search last night they were focused on a specific area (the shed) and there was no backhoe heavy equipment etc and they found her rather quickly.

It sure didn't seem like they were preparing to excavate a dig site based on the photos and helicopter footage.

quoting myself to add

Also I think the medias reports that she was found buried in a container may be bc they witnessed investigator loading a ME crate into LE truck.

May be an incorrect assumption on their part

JMO

Backing up a little bit here, why call an attorney for a foul smell? Thoughts on if he knows something?
We had a strange odor outside years ago that eventually came into our house and we called our police non-emergency number. They sent the fire department with their equipment to check for gas leaks, etc.

Human decomp is different. He knew his boy was a suspect too. I don't think she was there long. This heat and humidity has probably caused the odor to be even stronger. DS probably didn't factor in the odor when he moved her. I'd have consulted my atty. too, fwiw, if I were the parents.

So now that he's been named, what is known about him? And why aren't the other two in custody as well? Never mind I know we can't go there ...
The only thing that I can think of as to why they aren't in custody is maybe they left and Savannah was still alive at the time. If not, I am sure once LE gets the full story and evidence, they will be arrested next, if they are involved in any foul play or holding back evidence.

Savannah Spurlock person of interest arrested on desecration charges after human remains found, cops say

The latest development came after a man reported a foul odor coming from the property, where Sparks lives, according to an arrest citation for Sparks obtained by WKYT. That tip coupled with Sparks being "the primary suspect in a missing persons investigation" led to the search, during which officials say they found remains -- and other items -- buried on the property.

"These items were last known to be in the control of only two individuals, the missing person, and the above," the citation states, according to WKYT.

Lt. Col. Rodney Richardson, assistant chief of police with the Richmond Police Department, told Fox News that Spurlock’s last known location was at the home in Garrard County – located some 40 miles from the bar.

The house reportedly belongs to Sparks' parents and had been previously searched on Jan 22, police said, according to Lexington’s WLEX-TV.

What could there be that “was known to be in the control of” Sparks? Her phone and purse were items that were in her control. How do they know that the items, whatever they were, were in Sparks’ control? Or is that just because she was in his company? Or?

They also discovered items belonging to Spurlock. Sparks has not been charged with murder, but police call him a "primary suspect." He has no prior convictions for violent crimes.
On Thursday afternoon, Sparks was arraigned in Garrard County. A not guilty plea was entered and his preliminary hearing is scheduled for Monday, July 15 at 9 a.m.

Man arrested in connection to Savannah Spurlock case

And I said I didn't call for his death. I said I agreed people shouldn't be clamoring for him to be put to death. I'll bet my life that she was murdered. Even if she wasn't, IF she overdosed, then he's still a criminal who should be in jail. In that scenario, I don't see how it's okay for him to hide her body under ground for half a year (at least -- would have been longer if not found yesterday) from her family, from a burial, from some form of closure for them because what? He doesn't want to take a drug charge? Did he supply drugs that she overdosed on? Then he deserves at least manslaughter.

Again, I'm not saying he should be put to death. I'm just saying that in my own opinion, and it's just one person's opinion, he's committed at least one crime (potentially more), with lots of impacted victims since this girl had a family. I'm not going to say anyone else shouldn't feel a way or condemn other's feelings. We all have opinions, even the ones I don't agree with.
You are very right. Public calls for the death penalty or even anything can be taken into the court proceedings. A lawyer can argue his client was put on trial by the public and prejudged well before any case. We need to let it play out at this point and trust the system will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet81bet