GUILTY KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've been waiting for Marie, and all of Savannah's loved ones to know justice will be served.

I thought we may have to wait until September 4th, but I'm so thankful it's happened sooner.

I never doubted for one second he wouldn't be charged with murder.

Everything released even before the GJ handed down indictments pointed to only murder, imo.

Warm hugs, prayers, and my total support will continue to be with Marie, and Savannah's family as they go forward seeking justice.

God be with you all.

Imo

WATCH: Savannah Spurlock's mom to accused killer: 'Why?'

Aug 29, 2019

Savannah Spurlock's mom to accused killer: 'Why?'

Thank you for the link.

Sadly so many family members, and many of us has asked why over,and over again.

Tragically for so many the why question never comes with answers.

Even if the why is known it will never erase the pain, and suffering for loved ones because there isnt any rational reason for anyone to take someone's beautiful life away from them when they crossed path with evil.

I'm very glad the GJ testimony is secretive. Imo, the GJ knows how DSs murdered Savannah, but it won't be revealed until the trial commences.

This way DSs DT cant say by releasing how he killed her it has tainted the possible jury pool.

I knew already that only a KY GJ can hand down felony indictments who also have the legal power to add additional felonies such as the most serious top charge of murder.

DS isn't going anywhere because the judge made sure to make his high bond amount a cash only. It shows the presiding judge knows just how serious these charges are.

Jmho

For what we know he is guilty of, I'm fine with him being locked up, but I'm still not fine with the conditions at LC Jail.

Jails and prisons don't get to treat people as subhuman. There are guilty people in jails as well as innocent people. Even if you are guilty, it's not okay to violate civil rights or encourage crime.

Can’t access article in the uk , is it possible to post snippets please? Thanks
A snippet:
“It is so hard to deal with this and know that your twenty-three-year-old died before you in a murder," she said.

With her own strength, she shared her reaction to Sparks' murder charge.

"I was very relieved -- very relieved to know that something is finally being done to punish whoever had something to do with Savannah's murder," she said. "I was glad."

"Although we had a sense of closure in finding Savannah's body that is just a part of it," Spurlock's mother explained. "I need to know -- really need to know why he did it, what happened."

"There are all kinds of unanswered questions that I still have," Spurlock said.

She has her own ideas about what might have happened to her daughter.

"I just feel like maybe she, Savannah, rejected his advances and that caused him to blow up," she told us. "She didn’t know him at all before that night so I just don't know what could have warranted him killing her."

But still holds doubt.

"His whole original story, 'oh well - I fell asleep and she was gone'. No -- not without a coat, without a car, without money, without a phone -- that is stupid -- I was just like, he had something to do with it because he was the last person to see her alive."
"This is big. He has finally been charged with murder" Savannah Spurlock's mom reacts to David Sparks' murder charge

Can’t access article in the uk , is it possible to post snippets please? Thanks

I save all the articles. You can access everything about the case there. It helps to use a computer screen, but it is doable with a cellphone.
The article you want:
8/30/19 Savannahs Mom, Ellen, reacts to the indictment. But a lot of questions will not be answered until court appearances, and may not be revealed until trial. Click magnifier symbol to enlarge.

The Savannah Spurlock Case Archive:
Savannah Spurlock -KY- by amanda reckonwith

insearchoflight from article said:
snipped by me....

"I just feel like maybe she, Savannah, rejected his advances and that caused him to blow up," she told us. "She didn’t know him at all before that night so I just don't know what could have warranted him killing her."

Not to contradict her statement - but "how" does she really know that Savannah didn't know DS?

Not to contradict her statement - but "how" does she really know that Savannah didn't know DS?

There is knowing someone and being friends with them and knowing of someone or seeing them around. I would think Savannah's friends would have an idea of the people she hung out with. If DS was someone her family was familiar with she possibly would have mentioned that when talking to her mom. Or her friend would have recognized him at the bar. Could they have had common friends or hung out in the same places, maybe. There are people I had classes with in highschool and didn't notice them at all, but figured it out years later when we became friends. You can be around people and not know them. They possibly checked connections early in the investigation. If there weren't phone calls or texts until that night if at all, that's usually a sign you aren't friends with a person.

A snippet:
“It is so hard to deal with this and know that your twenty-three-year-old died before you in a murder," she said.

With her own strength, she shared her reaction to Sparks' murder charge.

"I was very relieved -- very relieved to know that something is finally being done to punish whoever had something to do with Savannah's murder," she said. "I was glad."

"Although we had a sense of closure in finding Savannah's body that is just a part of it," Spurlock's mother explained. "I need to know -- really need to know why he did it, what happened."

"There are all kinds of unanswered questions that I still have," Spurlock said.

She has her own ideas about what might have happened to her daughter.

But still holds doubt.

"His whole original story, 'oh well - I fell asleep and she was gone'. No -- not without a coat, without a car, without money, without a phone -- that is stupid -- I was just like, he had something to do with it because he was the last person to see her alive."
"This is big. He has finally been charged with murder" Savannah Spurlock's mom reacts to David Sparks' murder charge
Thank you - I've updated the media thread

KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, Richmond, January 4, 2019 Media, Maps, Timeline, *NO DISCUSSI

David Sparks indicted on murder charge in Spurlock case

Very interesting wording in the charges. "while manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life, he wantonly engaged in conduct which created a grave risk of death to her and thereby caused her death."
If this is the part of the murder charges he is prosecuted under, many different elements will have to be proven and therefore harder to secure a conviction. jmo

Very interesting wording in the charges. "while manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life, he wantonly engaged in conduct which created a grave risk of death to her and thereby caused her death."
If this is the part of the murder charges he is prosecuted under, many different elements will have to be proven and therefore harder to secure a conviction. jmo

Agreed. Depending on what angles his DT uses, there will be doubt.
But the fact remains that this idiot buried her in his own parents yard, then moved there. He may plead to a lesser charge, but he will go to prison for hopefully a good amount of time. Hopefully 25+

I'm wanting to be sure I understand this murder charge correctly. I looked up murder laws in Ky. Murder is 1st degree murder and than it goes down to manslaughter etc. Did the prosecutor add the description, "while manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life, he wantonly engaged in conduct which created a grave risk of death to her and thereby caused her death."to the original definition of Murder in Ky Law?

His description sounds like David did something that caused her death and should have known it could kill her. That leaves doubt in charging him with 1st degree murder. If he should have known doesn't mean he knew.

Agreed. Depending on what angles his DT uses, there will be doubt.
But the fact remains that this idiot buried her in his own parents yard, then moved there. He may plead to a lesser charge, but he will go to prison for hopefully a good amount of time. Hopefully 25+

When I started considering a plea deal and looking at the laws in Ky, I came up with about the same amount of time as you have for what he'll most likely be sentenced, I thought 20+.

I'm wanting to be sure I understand this murder charge correctly. I looked up murder laws in Ky. Murder is 1st degree murder and than it goes down to manslaughter etc. Did the prosecutor add the description, "while manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life, he wantonly engaged in conduct which created a grave risk of death to her and thereby caused her death."to the original definition of Murder in Ky Law?

His description sounds like David did something that caused her death and should have known it could kill her. That leaves doubt in charging him with 1st degree murder. If he should have known doesn't mean he knew.
I agree wording is strange and leaves open a list of things that could have gone wrong. But i’m Trying to think of what action someone can engage in that causes the death of another that one wouldn’t otherwise know could potentially end in death and I come up with non. Remember her blood was found so it had to have been a rather violent act.

I agree wording is strange and leaves open a list of things that could have gone wrong. But i’m Trying to think of what action someone can engage in that causes the death of another that one wouldn’t otherwise know could potentially end in death and I come up with non. Remember her blood was found to it had to have been a rather violent act.

I can think of something but can't discuss it now, it's against the rules at this time.

Think I can add this without being in trouble for breaking any rules. They found blood that was not visible and we don't know how much blood was originally there on the closet door.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back