Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Savannah Spurlock disappearance: ‘Somebody knows something,’ says missing woman’s mom

The mother of Savannah Spurlock is still searching for answers in her daughter’s mysterious disappearance in Kentucky earlier this month.

"Somebody knows something and I want that person to think about what they are doing to all these people who are devastated by Savannah's disappearance,” Ellen Spurlock, 47, said. “She has four babies that need her, that want her home."

Her comments came during an interview Friday with WKYT-TV, the three-week anniversary of the disappearance.

[...]

The father of the twins is Savannah’s former boyfriend Shaquille Smith.

Smith is also the father of Savannah’s 2-year-old son.

Who's home was searched and who's car was hauled away? Tia .the home looks like a farmhouse out in the middle of nowhere! Just trying to catch up!

It was in the mid 30s that night/early morning. I read on the links below :
And while the weather has been unusually warm thus far in much of the country, temperatures need not be at freezing, or even very low, for hypothermia to occur. Most cases occur in air temperatures of 30 to 50 degrees. But people can succumb to overexposure even at 60 or 70 degrees.

When you’ve been drinking heavily and then venture out into arctic conditions, the faulty internal thermometer coupled with the dulling of senses and bravado that alcohol can create, can spell trouble.

“Drinking too much leads to bad decisions,” says Prof Drummond. “If you drunkenly decide to walk home across a snowy field instead of getting a taxi, you’re putting yourself at risk. Hypothermia can take hold quickly and can even lead to death.”

Hypothermia: Surviving the Cold, or Even the Not So Cold

Alcohol and cold weather

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since I gave birth and I am really concerned for SS. I certainly don't judge her for any of her actions that night, but must admit that I do have some thoughts on the matter.
First, I can't even imagine going out to a bar. I'm breastfeeding, so I can't drink, but even if I weren't, I don't think I would have the energy. Any free time I've had over the past 3 weeks has been devoted to sleeping. I'm up every 3 hours with my newborn, feeding or changing diapers, not to mention snuggling and holding him while he's sleeping. I've barely had time to talk to my husband or spend any quality time with him. My house is a wreck and I'm not even focused on dishes or laundry at this point. If my baby is down for a nap, I try to lay down too, so I can have the stamina to be a good mom when he's awake and needing me. Not to mention using my breast pump every few hours...
I don't judge SS at all. I hope she is found safely soon! But I guess I sort of understand some of the confusion around her chosen activities considering she'd just given birth. I just can't imagine being able to do the same thing even if I wanted to!
Then again, I'm 33 and she's much younger and clearly better at bouncing back post partum.
Anyway, I hope this post makes sense and doesn't sound judgmental. I haven't been reading SM because I'm sure I can imagine the nasty things being said and I have no interest in victim blaming. Just wanted to give my perspective as a new mommy and say that I'm praying for SS and her family.

SS is an adult. When her mother didn't get in touch with her, she probably didn't phone LE immediately. When Mom did phone LE, and report her missing, again, b/c SS is an adult, there is a 48 hour window, before SS would really be considered missing.

I think SS's mother was concerned, but, maybe thought that SS hadn't woke up yet, and was hoping to wake her in time for her to get to her court date. It's another reason, I think, that folks didn't worry so much at first... some folks, if they've been using/partying & out all night, will skip a court date. It's either show up looking like death warmed over, or hoping to beg off and get another date set. Worse case scenario, someone has to bail you out of jail after a couple hours, if they snag you on a warrant. :confused: If she was willing to go to GC, at 3:00 a.m., mom probably already knew that SS was gonna be hard pressed to make that court date.

Had Mom's last phone call with her been one of SS being in distress, it would have been looked at immediately by LE, and been on every news station. Close to 2 1/2 days probably lapsed before much investigation started. So Jan 6/7th before the word really gets out that she's even missing. Jan 9th is when the truck was spotted in GC, heading toward Richmond, (same day I heard about the case, and through a friend at that). Jan 22nd, the white car is taken by LE, and the Cauc male's, parent's, home and property are searched. The rest is a mystery.
I agree with your post but wanted to clarify the time frame. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I think SS was last seen on Jan 4th, and her court date was Jan 8th (or 9th?). So it's not like she went out the night before court. If her night out had ended uneventfully, she would have had a few days back at home before the court date.

Last edited:
I was in downtown Lex for brunch, earlier.
Tried to discuss this case a bit.
Never seen a case like this, in my area. Despite publicity, people are like “who? Savannah who? What happened”.
Smh. We e had ample local coverage.
Are people tuning out they”rest of the story” after hearing she left a bar?
Moo

My daughter asked me to watch her new baby when she was a month old so she could attend a house party w her husband. I warned her it had been a while not to drink too much. She did not listen to me and paid dearly. Thankfully she had her loving husband w her.
Scares me to death for SS. ☹️ Prayin for her and her family

Jmo jme

I agree with your post but wanted to clarify the time frame. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I think SS was last seen on Jan 4th, and her court date was Jan 8th (or 9th?). So it's not like she went out the night before court. If her night out had ended uneventfully, she would had a few days back at home before the court date.

That is my understanding as well. I was confused by the comments about her missing her court date, because that was days later.

My understanding:

The DUI was December 21.
She went missing January 4.
Court date January 8.

I cannot search the thread so I can't find the original post.

The Daily Mail On Line article says Shaq was the father of two of her kids. I thought he was the father of three.

He is the father of the youngest 3. He's also a father figure to her oldest and often has him as well.
I had thought that the twins were a boy and a girl. I double checked and they are both boys but one has a female name meaning beautiful, so I feel better that I thought that one was a girl. They are indeed beautiful.

I agree with your post but wanted to clarify the time frame. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I think SS was last seen on Jan 4th, and her court date was Jan 8th (or 9th?). So it's not like she went out the night before court. If her night out had ended uneventfully, she would have had a few days back at home before the court date.

You are correct, the court date was on the 8th. We did not hear much about this case until the 9th, after she missed her date, so the 8th kinda sticks in my head as the date she went missing. Thank you for pointing that out. There are some who have speculated though, that she was not looking forward to that date. Those folks think she has left town. I don't think she has, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since I gave birth and I am really concerned for SS. I certainly don't judge her for any of her actions that night, but must admit that I do have some thoughts on the matter.
First, I can't even imagine going out to a bar. I'm breastfeeding, so I can't drink, but even if I weren't, I don't think I would have the energy. Any free time I've had over the past 3 weeks has been devoted to sleeping. I'm up every 3 hours with my newborn, feeding or changing diapers, not to mention snuggling and holding him while he's sleeping. I've barely had time to talk to my husband or spend any quality time with him. My house is a wreck and I'm not even focused on dishes or laundry at this point. If my baby is down for a nap, I try to lay down too, so I can have the stamina to be a good mom when he's awake and needing me. Not to mention using my breast pump every few hours...
I don't judge SS at all. I hope she is found safely soon! But I guess I sort of understand some of the confusion around her chosen activities considering she'd just given birth. I just can't imagine being able to do the same thing even if I wanted to!
Then again, I'm 33 and she's much younger and clearly better at bouncing back post partum.
Anyway, I hope this post makes sense and doesn't sound judgmental. I haven't been reading SM because I'm sure I can imagine the nasty things being said and I have no interest in victim blaming. Just wanted to give my perspective as a new mommy and say that I'm praying for SS and her family.
Your doing fine. That's how most of us roll!

You are correct, the court date was on the 8th. We did not hear much about this case until the 9th, after she missed her date, so the 8th kinda sticks in my head as the date she went missing. Thank you for pointing that out. There are some who have speculated though, that she was not looking forward to that date. Those folks think she has left town. I don't think she has, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

I thought she was giving birth in December???

I definitely think that an intentional disappearance has to be considered in light of a pending issue with the court, as well as possible post-partum issues. I just feel like that seems less and less likely as more time passes. I hope I'm wrong and that she returns safely to her family soon. Those sweet babies need their mother!

MOO

I wonder if this was her first DUI? If so, I think it would be an extreme reaction to disappear because of it. She's got little newborns, I just don't see her being gone voluntarily all this time over a DUI. So sad such beautiful little babies missing her.

Is this still accurate?

WKYT reports that Richmond Police searched a house in Garrard County, but they did not disclose what they were looking for. The home at Perkins Lane and Fall Lick Road belongs to the parents of one of two men Savannah Spurlock was last seen with. Police seized a car from the property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay