GUILTY KY - Trey Zwicker, 14, beaten to death, Louisville, 11 May 2011 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ME testified that the cause of death was approximately 2-3 hours after Trey last ate. According to MacKenzie, Trey's sister, Trey ran out the door at about 10:30 p.m. MacKenzie also testified that JG was NOT playing video games on the couch. She is 100% telling the truth! I still believe that Trey was going out to call his Dad, he knew MacKenzie was right there. Maybe he was going to try to get to his Dad's house?

Amanda and JG were having sex on the porch at 11 p.m. according to the timeline. JG is accounted for until 1:30 a.m., AT LEAST! We know for sure he was at Circle K at 1:10 a.m., wearing the same shirt that night that he was wearing the next day when the body was discovered. He did not murder Trey in that shirt, no way.

According to Cassie, JY tried to wake her up at approximately 1:30 a.m. and was not at the house until then. She testified that JG came over later with JY. I totally believe her.

I think they have proved enough to find JY guilty of complicity to murder. I really think he was the murderer, but he did it for his "Dad".

I also believe the inmates who testified in court yesterday! I think JG thought he would pin this on his son, his son would be tried as a child, then he plan backfired and he plead guilty. All while thinking he could take it back after JY is found NG. He's not the brightest bulb on the tree. The inmates had ZERO to gain, other than being beat over and over in jail, for them to testify! The State gave them nothing. I actually feel really bad for them. Nobody deserves beatings for telling the truth. :twocents:

After the killing of the cat, JY laughing at killing the dog, the interview with detectives, no emotion at the funeral, his obvious detachment from reality, his blind affection/admiration towards his "Dad", and of course Trey's murder, this "kid" shouldn't be walking around free. There is something wrong with him. It's really sad because he had a good chance at his last foster care, but those days are over for him. He has no remorse and is incapable of seeing right from wrong. It's sad, but I hope he is found guilty and is never given the chance to kill again.

:moo:

Timeline according to HLN: http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/08/01/joshua-young-trial-trey-zwicker-murder-timeline

It is my understanding JY did not have a phone. Amanda testified he kept using Trey's and wouldn't give it back and she was not happy about it as she should be since she is the one paying the bill. :moo:

I look at these people, the family members, the friends, fellow prisoners, and my God, what kind of people are these? Children raised (or I guess, not raised) in these homes don't stand a chance. I'm sure big Josh was raised just like his son, and Angela's children, have seen more crime in their short lives than I will ever see.
Is it an excuse for killing another child? No.
Do I think any thing has been proven against little Josh, not really. At this point, if I was on the jury, I'd let him go. I might live to regret it, but I would.

Another thing, do any of these people work? I heard that Angela worked at McD's, but that is probably only since she has lost all her children, and lost her gov't check. I would bet everyone involved, is on public assistance. We are really getting our moneys worth.

I agree with the first paragraph. I think JY did the killing and there is enough evidence to convict if he were charged with it but he is not. As for the complicity charge if my understanding of complicity is correct I don't believe that state has proven it BARD. I have doubts. The tampering with evidence hinges on Cassi's testimony. If he is convicted of that he more than likely will get a slap on the wrist sentence. Does anyone know what sentence a complicity conviction has?

As for the second paragraph I believe you have Amanda (Trey's mom) and Angela/Angelina (Josh Y's mom) confused. Amanda is the one who works at McD's and testified she has for 17 years. Angela/Angelina is deceased.

eta-never mind about sentence, I found it.
Under Kentucky law, complicity to murder carries the same sentence as murder, 20 years to life.

http://dailyindependent.com/local/x2002133330/Greenup-murder-suspects-arraigned

I disagree that nothing has been proven against Little Josh. If you take all the different witnesses' together, as well as the other evidence, I think it points a strong case to him. He did it, the problem is like you said is there gonna be enough evidence to outweigh reasonable doubt....

I am interested in what convinced you JY is complicit in the murder of Trey? This is not like most cases I have seen where husband/wife hires a hit man to kill wife/husband and it is all recorded. I just do not see it. To me everything points to JG being the complicit one and JY being the one who carried out the act. It's like the charges are reversed. MOO

Juror no 598 has been called up to the witness stand by the judge this morning; white noise.

Why not? Not doubting you, just want to know why they couldn't charge and try him for murder. Thanks!

I'm not 100% certain but; if he is acquitted of complicity; he could still be tried for murder in the first degree, he has not been charged with that YET. Just like AS trial; if she is found guilty on all counts of lying to LE and perjury there is a 100% likelyhood that the DA will then reinstate those murder charges against her. Double Jeporady only applies to the same charge. IOW he could not be charged again with being complicit. He could however be charged with actual murder in the first degree. This is just my opinion on what I know of the law.

I'm not 100% certain but; if he is acquitted of complicity; he could still be tried for murder in the first degree, he has not been charged with that YET. Just like AS trial; if she is found guilty on all counts of lying to LE and perjury there is a 100% likelyhood that the DA will then reinstate those murder charges against her. Double Jeporady only applies to the same charge. IOW he could not be charged again with being complicit. He could however be charged with actual murder in the first degree. This is just my opinion on what I know of the law.

That was my thought too.

That was wasteful testimony. How could Trey's sister see him leave if she was asleep.

Jason Riley ‏@jasonrileyCJ 15s

We are already to last witness for the defense. Whoa.

Defense witness, Allison Miller, KY Cabinet of Health and Family Services

25pio8y.png

Hmmm, so is this the lady who gave Gouker custody back of Young??? :puke:

Marissa Alter ‏@WLKYMarissa 35s

Next witness: Allison Miller..works for KY Cabinet of Health and Family Services. Had #JoshYoung's case from 2007-2012. @WLKY

Christina Mayle ‏@ChristinaMayle 4m

@WildAboutTrial Judge told jury to pack an overnight bag tomorrow. They will get case at 12, and be sequestered until verdict. #joshuayoung

Jason Riley ‏@jasonrileyCJ 47s

Allison Miller, #JoshYoung's social worker with the Cabinet for Health and Family Services. Saw Trey and Young together playing together

Marissa Alter ‏@WLKYMarissa 33s

Miller says never observed hostility on the 2 occasions she saw #TreyZwicker and #JoshYoung together. First observation just one min. @WLKY

Howdy all... I just get here and its almost over... What up with that?

Judge can't ask the jurors questions for the witness.....

I can only imagine what the questions were about...

My question would have been along the lines of... how could you have allowed Gouker custody of anything, let alone a human being?!?!

Jason Riley ‏@jasonrileyCJ 2m

Judge is unable to ask any of the jury questions. Defense has finished their case. Now what? To early to be done for day, right?

Jason Riley ‏@jasonrileyCJ 59s

Too early I mean. I don't think judge expected defense to finish this quickly. Why not close this afternoon?

Howdy all... I just get here and its almost over... What up with that?

I guess the defense doesn't have to prove anything, so there you go.

I know it is up to the prosecution to prove their case, it is nice to see a little more defense though.

If this was all that they had, why didnt they just do this yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot