Kyle Clifford: Wanted in connection with triple murder in Bushey, 3 women murdered in home, 9th July 2024 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kyle Clifford, who was wanted following the deaths of three women in Bushey, is in a serious condition in hospital and yet to speak to officers, Hertfordshire Police said.

No previous reports had been made to Hertfordshire Police involving suspect Kyle Clifford or the women who died in Bushey on Wednesday, the force said in a press release

A crossbow has been recovered by Hertfordshire Police as part of the investigation into the deaths of Carol, Louise and Hannah Hunt, the force added.

Regarding the practicality of shooting himself with the crossbow; I spent some years in an archery club growing up, and did interact with crossbows as well as bows. Some styles of crossbow have a sort of lever to discharge them rather than a trigger; it would be very possible to easily fire it at yourself in that instance. And only slightly more difficult if it was a standard gun-style trigger. Once the bolt is loaded, it doesn't take much for them to discharge.
This image below is a very old crossbow but you can see the lever system I mean, that is replicated on some newer ones too. Even the trigger style one below would be very easy to shoot at yourself if you wanted to.

rgd3idshq7w01.jpg
51As5vHLu1L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I agree with the other commenters that perhaps he was on the run, and then as LE closed in he tried to take the 'easy' way out, but was apprehended in the process/before the wounds caused fatality.
Stikes me that killing yourself with your own crossbow is no easy thing. It's an unwieldy looking weapon, the trigger is in the wrong place if you're pointing it at yourself, and, unlike a shotgun cartridge, the projectile doesn't spread out, so you would need to be very accurate to hit something vital enough to kill yourself instantly.

It wouldn't suprise me if all he's managed to do is pin himself to a tree.

Stikes me that killing yourself with your own crossbow is no easy thing. It's an unwieldy looking weapon, the trigger is in the wrong place if you're pointing it at yourself, and, unlike a shotgun cartridge, the projectile doesn't spread out, so you would need to be very accurate to hit something vital enough to kill yourself instantly.

It wouldn't suprise me if all he's managed to do is pin himself to a tree.
Oh I completely agree with you - I was just making the point that it is very easy to shoot yourself and seriously injure yourself with a crossbow - but to actually effectively kill yourself instantly with a single crossbow bolt is an entirely different matter.

Oh I completely agree with you - I was just making the point that it is very easy to shoot yourself and seriously injure yourself with a crossbow - but to actually effectively kill yourself instantly with a single crossbow bolt is an entirely different matter.

I'm wondering if he was angling for so called "suicide by cops".

But Police were acting professionally and, in the end, he decided to injure/kill himself.
But ineffectively.

JMO

A figure dressed in black was seen arriving at the quiet cul-de-sac after midday on Tuesday parking up at the rear of the property close by an alleyway leading to the four bedroom house.

Neighbours who captured the suspect's movements on doorbell cameras said he was initially seen carrying just a dark bag, with no crossbow in sight, likely in order to take his victims by surprise.

The revelation suggests that the killer may have taken the time to assemble the weapon at the scene after subduing his victims who are said to have been tied up and gagged in an extraordinary pre-planned attack.

Crossbow maniac held women for HOURS as he executed them, police fear

A figure dressed in black was seen arriving at the quiet cul-de-sac after midday on Tuesday parking up at the rear of the property close by an alleyway leading to the four bedroom house.

Neighbours who captured the suspect's movements on doorbell cameras said he was initially seen carrying just a dark bag, with no crossbow in sight, likely in order to take his victims by surprise.

The revelation suggests that the killer may have taken the time to assemble the weapon at the scene after subduing his victims who are said to have been tied up and gagged in an extraordinary pre-planned attack.

Yep - carefully planned. I assume the screams meant he could not take the time to disassemble the bow and had to get out with a cover on it.

Just a vicious human being. He looks like a douche bag and has proven to be a douche bag. Even the Military thought he was too much of a douche bag for them... and they have plenty.

I have to assume the lineup to date the third brother will be a short one.

My heart breaks for John & His other daughter how can they even come to terms with this - the torture they must’ve gone through is unimaginable.

It was clearly pre planned and he obviously knew what time John would be out for work and that he wouldn’t be back until after 7.

This explains why yesterday they wanted witnesses from lunchtime up to 7pm.

RIP ladies I’m so sorry this monster did this to you

Agree I was thinking the timing was designed to leave before John returned, and to have an afternoon ‘to himself’. What a cowardly sadistic pig. No crime of passion either - sadistic revenge. What a waste, what a waste. These poor ladies, I am so angry for them and that someone with such a worrying backstory has a crossbow (although the weapon wouldn’t have stopped him).

How the family will get through this I cannot imagine. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to bear the impact statement.

I'm surprised no one got around to licencing cross bows in the UK

Seeing as the police don't even routinely carry guns

They are controlled in lots of other places

I don't know of any historical crossbow massacres in Australia but they are controlled here by our various weapons legislation

I think crossbows are to a bow and arrow a bit like how a semi automatic rifle with a sight is to a musket rifle or perhaps a shot gun

Crossbows just don't require the skill or training or conditioning to use effectively the way older forms of archery do

was wondering how he managed to get the 3 women all in the house together….did the daughters live at home? No work that day?

I also wondered why take the mother and sister too? Had he read a WhatsApp group message between them all discussing the break up? Was it encouraged? Did they all dislike him?

Horrible man, so hope he’s going to end up in prison to serve out his days

Or maybe after he entered the house, subdued them, and tied them up, he then went back to his car and fetched the crossbow?

I don't think it was planned to be a murder-suicide, I think he wanted to get away with it for as long as he could. If this was his plan then he would have taken his life at the scene rather than fled and gone on the run. The suicide part has only come into play once he was about to be caught and if he had really planned all along to end his life he probably would have used a more practical suicide method than the crossbow. I think that was a moment of panic. The execution-style murders he is accused of however, were very chillingly premeditated.

MOO
He must have known that he wouldn't "get away with it" though, since they were all still alive when he left. And apparently able to raise the alarm, dial 999, call for help. I have to wonder why he didn't make sure they were all dead before leaving.

I'm surprised no one got around to licencing cross bows in the UK

Seeing as the police don't even routinely carry guns

They are controlled in lots of other places

I don't know of any historical crossbow massacres in Australia but they are controlled here by our various weapons legislation

I think crossbows are to a bow and arrow a bit like how a semi automatic rifle with a sight is to a musket rifle or perhaps a shot gun

Crossbows just don't require the skill or training or conditioning to use effectively the way older forms of archery do
They are a pretty impractical weapon for most crimes. They take time/effort to draw, they ain't easy to conceal or aim and you get one shot with most models.

There are fancy modern ones which allow for quickish draws and multiple shots, but still, it's not a gun. They also doesn't kill quickly unless you shoot someone in the head or heart. A bolt blocks the bleeding most of the time.

You can't carry them in public but they are basically unrestricted to buy over 18. My brother has several. I have shot them and the bolts can go through 3 inches of wood - and his ain't especially powerful. I expect they will be restricted after this, there was already a review going on after that crazy dude tried to assassinate The Queen with one for his AI girlfriend back in 2022.

The police have been cleared from having any physical involvement in KC's self inflicted injuries.

The Independent Office for Police Conduct said it received a mandatory referral from the Metropolitan Police after suspect Kyle Clifford was found by officers with serious injuries in Enfield, but was satisfied no investigation was needed.

A spokesperson said: “Based on the evidence provided, there does not appear to have been any physical contact with Mr Clifford at the time he was seriously injured. Therefore, we were satisfied the matter does not require investigation and it has been returned to the force to deal with.”

Or maybe after he entered the house, subdued them, and tied them up, he then went back to his car and fetched the crossbow?
They've updated the article with this -

Police believe that the suspect was in the area for seven hours before the murders. But they do not know exactly how long he was in the victims' house.

Clifford is believed to have gone back to his car at one point. Police are checking doorbell cameras and speaking to neighbours to try to establish what happened

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810
Back