Kyron Horman's general discussion thread for 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait to use this smiley too! :great:

:denied: :denied: :denied:

:seeya: . . . :kimsterwink: Oh, it's a lot of fun !

Terrie' NAME CHANGE is denied !

:cheer: . . . :cheer: . . . :denied:

It says here that as long as 'no reasonable objection' is raised to a name change, it should be granted.

So I guess the judge must have thought the objections were reasonable. Or, that one of the three points that exclude people from getting a name change, applied here?

http://answers.uslegal.com/name-change/58/

If someone knows the grounds upon which it was denied, please put me out of my suspense. :)

THANK YOU TO WHOEVER TESTIFIED AGAINST TERRI'S NAME CHANGE!!!!! YOU'RE AWESOME and :yourock:

THANK YOU TO THE JUDGE ALSO.

It says here that as long as 'no reasonable objection' is raised to a name change, it should be granted.

So I guess the judge must have thought the objections were reasonable. Or, that one of the three points that exclude people from getting a name change, applied here?

http://answers.uslegal.com/name-change/58/

:seeya: Just jumping off your post here:

JMO and MOO ... but I think the Judge is well aware that TH has been the number one "suspect" in Kyron's disappearance.

Of course, the Judge is NOT going to say that, IMO.

If someone knows the grounds upon which it was denied, please put me out of my suspense. :)

:seeya: I've been checking but so far, I have not found anything as to why the Judge denied it, other than it was denied.

So do we have to wait until the Judge issues a ruling / order on his decision ?

Or -- did the Judge make a ruling from the Bench -- but it has not yet been reported ?

Anyone know how this works in Oregon ?

TIA !

@KyleIboshi: Terri Horman responded to critics while on the witness stand; "These people are completely, and utterly misinformed."

Tweeted 12:29pm

@KyleIboshi: "Kyron Horman is missing, he needs to be found. I love my son, I want him home," testified Terri Horman during name change hearing

Tweeted 12:33pm

@KyleIboshi: Terri Horman testified was not last person to see Kyron Horman. Her lawyer "Has proof, witnesses and otherwise to show that I was not."

Tweeted at 12:40pm

Well I think that a name change should Hv bn allowed myself...talk about stigma! She hasn't been charged and wasn't the last person w this child my god.

So that's a perfectly legitimate, unbiased legal decision from a judge.

i think it says a lot, because I suspect denials of requests for name changes are not that common.

Googling 'name change request denied' brings up transgender name issues, child parental rights issues and silly ones like 'Boomer the Dog' being refused. I do think this decision is highly unusual.

I wonder if TH can/will appeal? Though there hardly seems much point now - her new name's almost as familiar as her old one now.

This is a what interests me the most.

@KyleIboshi: Terri Horman testified was not last person to see Kyron Horman. Her lawyer "Has proof, witnesses and otherwise to show that I was not."

As I've commented on facebook- I think she should not be issued a name change.

Instead, she should be issued a number.Something along the lines of Inmate #420501. Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member