Kyron Horman's general discussion thread for 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, a terrible position to be in is to be a child kidnapped and/or killed on a random day at school. Another terrible position to be in is to be the parent of a missing or murdered child as the last family member to see him clams up and refuses to help the investigation. Terri is alive and living in her parents' basement and is allowed to make choices. To know that the stepparent could have information that can lead to the recovery of the child, or the child's body - but is choosing not to share it because even though they're not a trained professional, they've arbitrarily decided that they've given enough information and now their own legal safety comes before the need to find the child. Terri's not in a terrible position - she's sitting pretty.

If she's innocent, then she doesn't know which piece of info, which memory, which small snippet of info could lead to finding the missing child. It doesn't have to be the "last minutes" - it could have been a clue from weeks before, something she didn't recall in the heat of the moment that comes back to her. It could have been questions about a friend, family member, janitor at the gym - how would Terri know where the investigation would lead and which new questions would become important? She clams up knowing that (if innocent) she would be the most valuable witness.

Just like countless parents of missing children before her have given their all to find their missing child, enduring questioning and disbelief and accusations - why? because (as they've said and written about at length) they believe finding the child is more important than their own feelings of anger or offense at having their story questioned.

But in any case, how do you know that she told all she knew? The police - trained professionals - certainly weren't done exploring investigative questions with her. Do you know more about that day, Terri's thoughts and actions, and the police investigation than Terri and the investigators do? Clearly not, and so you have no way of knowing what proportion of what "she knew" she has told investigators.

While it is your opinion Terri did not tell all she knew, she cooperated for weeks after Kyron disappeared. I think it would be impossible for an innocent person to help police find a missing child beyond telling what they know. There is no logic in the premise she must know more and that's why she lawyered up. Kyron's parents have cooperated and the child is still missing.

JMO

PORTLAND, Ore. - Terri Horman, the stepmother of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman, has been fully cooperating with law enforcement, according to Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton during a news conference Friday.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/97705124.html

While it is your opinion Terri did not tell all she knew, she cooperated for weeks after Kyron disappeared. I think it would be impossible for an innocent person to help police find a missing child beyond telling what they know. There is no logic in the premise she must know more and that's why she lawyered up. Kyron's parents have cooperated and the child is still missing.

JMO

PORTLAND, Ore. - Terri Horman, the stepmother of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman, has been fully cooperating with law enforcement, according to Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton during a news conference Friday.

I don't think it's 100% opinion that Terri didn't tell all she knew. Part of it IS fact. Terri told the police she was at specific locations however her cell phone records prove she was not. That is lying to LE and it is not helpful in recovering a missing child. Why lie? A child's life is at stake. Why did Terri start the investigation with a lie?

The other issue regarding Terri was something I read on this thread. It pertained to searching for Kyron immediately after he disappeared. Terri did not participate in any of the searches. Again, why? If you are going to "fully cooperate", I would think you'd join in at least one search.

Of course, we are all entitled to our own opinions but Terri lied to LE from the very beginning about her location(s) that day. That is fact.

I don't think it's 100% opinion that Terri didn't tell all she knew. Part of it IS fact. Terri told the police she was at specific locations however her cell phone records prove she was not. That is lying to LE and it is not helpful in recovering a missing child. Why lie? A child's life is at stake. Why did Terri start the investigation with a lie?

The other issue regarding Terri was something I read on this thread. It pertained to searching for Kyron immediately after he disappeared. Terri did not participate in any of the searches. Again, why? If you are going to "fully cooperate", I would think you'd join in at least one search.

Of course, we are all entitled to our own opinions but Terri lied to LE from the very beginning about her location(s) that day. That is fact.

Agree. Agree. However, IIRC, only trained personnel were allowed to participate in searches. So she's off the hook on that one.

However ... There *IS* a reason LE has TH in their sites. As you said, "Why did Terri start the investigation with a lie?" I doubt, at this point, her lies are solely those exposed by cell phone pings. LE has more than 'pings' contradicting her timing and her movements the day Ky disappeared.

IMO, once the civil court custody question is resolved, we'll see criminal case movement.

Or not. Heck. Could be MCSO truly IS a batch of bumblers.

JMO

I have no idea if she told all she knows or not. What we do know is that the police who were actively searching for her missing stepson weren't done asking her questions when she clammed up. LE was still in the very early stages of an active investigation to find a missing child - her own stepson - when Terri Horman stopped cooperating. LE was still amassing new witnesses and new testimony from others at the school and on the roads the day Kyron vanished - in order to find Kyron at a stage when (if alive) he could still be saved, and (if deceased) his body had a better chance of being found - when Terri Horman chose to stop cooperating. She knew she was the most important witness, being the last family member to have seen him at the most crucial time of the day he vanished, and she backed out of the investigation, no more help for the people trying to find/save her stepson, no more searching for a missing child, no more contribution to the investigation.

How likely is it that the innocent parent of a missing, possibly kidnapped, possibly murdered little kid decide they were all done looking for him within weeks because after a few conversations with police they couldn't think of anything more they could contribute and so they were done participating in the search?

I have no idea if she told all she knows or not. What we do know is that the police who were actively searching for her missing stepson weren't done asking her questions when she clammed up. LE was still in the very early stages of an active investigation to find a missing child - her own stepson - when Terri Horman stopped cooperating. LE was still amassing new witnesses and new testimony from others at the school and on the roads the day Kyron vanished - in order to find Kyron at a stage when (if alive) he could still be saved, and (if deceased) his body had a better chance of being found - when Terri Horman chose to stop cooperating. She knew she was the most important witness, being the last family member to have seen him at the most crucial time of the day he vanished, and she backed out of the investigation, no more help for the people trying to find/save her stepson, no more searching for a missing child, no more contribution to the investigation.

How likely is it that the innocent parent of a missing, possibly kidnapped, possibly murdered little kid decide they were all done looking for him within weeks because after a few conversations with police they couldn't think of anything more they could contribute and so they were done participating in the search?

It's entirely possible, especially after consulting with legal counsel. That's why I'm on the fence about this case. I learned a lot from the attorneys I worked for when we had a client in a similar situation to TH's. They did put the breaks on communication, because even if the client is innocent, the statements made could end up being incriminating. They've also taught me over the years that clients should not take a polygraph, even if innocent, because of the possible negative consequences. After a couple of weeks, it could have been apparent that LE was focusing on TH, and her attorneys acted appropriately in advising her not to talk.

I know that's a hard concept, particularly when there is a missing child. But it can be easy for LE to build a case off a few misstatements or circumstantial evidence, and that's why criminal defense attorneys always advise clients not to speak - even when they are innocent. Our client in a similar situation, I truly in my heart felt the client was innocent. I didn't understand why my boss was against the client taking a lie detector, or why my boss limited the communications with LE. But seeing this type of situation from the other side, where LE are attempting to build a case against someone who's claiming to be innocent, the only thing you can do to help that person is to advise them to remain silent, and to carefully supervise any communications with LE and limit what the client says. You have to walk a fine line between assisting the investigation so LE can rule out the client, and protecting the client from being wrongfully charged.

:( I can't believe it will be 4 years this Wednesday that precious Kyron "disappeared" ...

:please: for Kyron and that he will be found !

:rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:

Was Terri ever charged/tried for hiring the hitman? Did she ever get to see her daughter? I hope not....

:( Thinking of you Kyron on this very very sad day.

:please::please::please: that Kyron will be found !

:rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:

Oh my gosh - I can't believe it's been 4 years??!! :tantrum:

Seemed only like yesterday we were going over the areas where TH was driving - and discussing people's dreams on "where" he might be...

Kyron where are you??!! :rose:

Four years ago today....

Kyron_Horman.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d7/Kyron_Horman.jpg

:tears: :tears: :tears:

Sending positive energy to family and friends who love Kyron.

How would anyone explain the situation with Kyron? And how are they going to explain Terri's absence for 4 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member