Kyron's doctors appointment

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is saying that the teacher said Kyron had an appointment, not that his son independently knew Kyron had one, isn't that right?

That's the way I read it, but the people who think she is saying her son told her the teacher knew about the appointment have a good point also. The article is ambiguous. It says:
Kim Holm’s son, *****, who Terri Horman photographed with his science project around the time she took a picture of Kyron that morning, said her son knew about the appointment too. [This sentence makes no sense, by the way.]

“And the teacher said, ‘I thought he left with his mom,’ because they thought they had a doctor appointment,” Holm said. “And then at lunchtime, ***** ate lunch with him every day, he wasn’t there at lunchtime. And then I got a call at 4:30ish, saying he didn’t get off the bus, I guess. And ***** said, ‘Oh yeah, I knew he was already gone all day Mom.’”
http://www.katu.com/news/local/98981009.html

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98981009.html

K** H***’s son, K****s, who Terri Horman photographed with his science project around the time she took a picture of Kyron that morning, said her son knew about the appointment too.
“And the teacher said, ‘I thought he left with his mom,’ because they thought they had a doctor appointment,” H**m said. “And then at lunchtime, K****s ate lunch with him every day, he wasn’t there at lunchtime. And then I got a call at 4:30ish, saying he didn’t get off the bus, I guess. And K****s said, ‘Oh yeah, I knew he was already gone all day Mom."

Makes me wonder if this Mom was one of the parent volunteers for her to hear the teacher say "I thought he left with his mom" (because they thought he had a doctor appt). This is kind of weird because when would the boy or his mom hear the teacher say "I thought he left with his mom", and in response to what? Seems like this would only be AFTER Kyron was noticed missing and all these questions start coming out about when he was last seen etc. If it was during the day and someone asked the teacher, wouldn't she say 'I think he left with his mom'. But if after being questioned about the whole thing and finding out he went missing - then it would make sense in retrospect to say "I thought...."

MOO: If the paperwork for the Dr was part of process for the evaluation for a specific diagnosis, the Dr usually wants input from everyone that spends time with the child. Assuming the appointment was for the date of June 11 and Kyron was to spend the weekend with DY and TY, the paperwork would probably have needed to be reviewed by them prior to the Dr appointment and their input was important too. TH could have asked for the paperwork from the teacher on Friday, June 4 so she could pass it to DY to review while she had Kyron for the weekend, DY would have needed to complete a form also or to review what the teacher wrote as a parent. It would have been the only chance DY had to review the paperwork prior to submitting it to the DR.

To me, the whole article or whatever it is just sounds like a bad writer trying to piece together a few vague pieces of information into a news story...

MOO: If the paperwork for the Dr was part of process for the evaluation for a specific diagnosis, the Dr usually wants input from everyone that spends time with the child. Assuming the appointment was for the date of June 11 and Kyron was to spend the weekend with DY and TY, the paperwork would probably have needed to be reviewed by them prior to the Dr appointment and their input was important too. TH could have asked for the paperwork from the teacher on Friday, June 4 so she could pass it to DY to review while she had Kyron for the weekend, DY would have needed to complete a form also or to review what the teacher wrote as a parent. It would have been the only chance DY had to review the paperwork prior to submitting it to the DR.

If it was for AD/HD there are teacher forms and parent forms. It would not be necessary for DY to review the teacher forms in order to complete her own. She may have wanted them to review though just for her own sake.

IMO there was probably paperwork required for a legitimate dr. appt scheduled for June 11th, and Terri took advantage of that fact and purposely caused confusion so no one would be alarmed that she took him out of school on this day for a dr appt (which didn't really exist), but could later say - no no his dr appt was for next Fri.

I am trying to understand something. Jaymie Finster said that Terri told her that Terri told the teacher across the crowded gym about the doctor's appt on June 11.

Why would she be telling the teacher about a doctor's appt in a crowded gym? An appointment that is a week away? Of what interest and urgency is that?

What sense does that make?

I am trying to understand something. Jaymie Finster said that Terri told her that Terri told the teacher across the crowded gym about the doctor's appt on June 11.

Why would she be telling the teacher about a doctor's appt in a crowded gym? An appointment that is a week away? Of what interest and urgency is that?

ITA expecially given that she has been in the classroom many times and would have known personally that as her friend stated,(Terri indicated) the teacher had a hearing problem or issue.

Wouldn't you want to be clear and near if this appointment was important to your child and you needed paperwork completed accurately and timely?

The gym myth has been busted:

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5418278&postcount=5"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Kyron Horman Case - Myth Busters - *LIST ONLY * NO DISCUSSION *[/ame]

No offense taken at all, merc! I'm horrified that they even considered contacting me. I know nothing about this case except what I've read in the news articles and court documents. It's mind boggling.

My response to the reporter suggested how she might better spend her time if she wants to do something that would actually help Kyron. ;)

Did you give the interview? Did you give your name?

I can't stop laughing about it. They're *really* scraping the bottom of the barrel now lmao.

What did they ask you specifically--was it about the case, or was it about message board interest, or something else? I find this to be very interesting.
Thanks, B.

[update, I see that Steadfast is thinking along these same lines; lacked the patience to read through, the PR person in me kicked in...]

ITA expecially given that she has been in the classroom many times and would have known personally that as her friend stated,(Terri indicated) the teacher had a hearing problem or issue.

Wouldn't you want to be clear and near if this appointment was important to your child and you needed paperwork completed accurately and timely?

Not only that, but people generally want to keep doctors appts. and the like private. You're not going to talk to someone across a gym that your son is going to the doctor. My goodness...the gym was packed with people. Even if it was for something perfectly simple, it's not something a parent is going to advertise to everyone walking by. MOO

Did you give the interview? Did you give your name?

No, absolutely not. I would not disrespect Kyron by joining the circus that now surrounds the tragedy that has befallen him. He needs real help, from people who can really help him.

And now... please let's get back to talking about Kyron.

I think this article is using posts & comments from message boards as their "unnamed sources", but the *reporter* wants to make it seem as if they *inside* knowledge.

The only "named" sources are Kim Holm & her son, and their info is third & fourth-hand, since it came from a comment Ms. Porter made, who said she "thought" K had an appointment.

There's still nothing but confusion regarding the Dr. appt.

Not only that, but people generally want to keep doctors appts. and the like private. You're not going to talk to someone across a gym that your son is going to the doctor. My goodness...the gym was packed with people. Even if it was for something perfectly simple, it's not something a parent is going to advertise to everyone walking by. MOO

The gym thing is just a rumor. Please see the Mythbusters thread post I linked a few posts above.

If they were contacting you for information about case details, then I agree with you. But if they were contacting you for a story about people who post about the case, then you would be a very credible source of information.
If they called you "BeanE," would that be considered an unnamed source or a named source? :waitasec: (Unless your name happens to be Bean E., like Sheila E.)

I gave an interview (against my better judgement) to an east coast pub during a high profile trial and I REALLY regret it now. My friend also has done this but she had the brains to give a fake name due to her profession as an expert and on account of her ditching work that day--good idea.

Old fashioned saying: A lady's name should only be in the paper twice--when she marries and when she dies.
And as Emily Dickenson wrote, upon the prospect of her work being published, "How Public––Like a Frog"

No, absolutely not. I would not disrespect Kyron by joining the circus that now surrounds the tragedy that has befallen him. He needs real help, from people who can really help him.

And now... please let's get back to talking about Kyron.

RIGHT ON SISTER*!! So smart, so good!
Now we return to our regular programming...

*eta: /BROTHER

Yes--I think that is what TP meant. He wouldn't have said that was the last time he saw Kyron if Kyron had come back to the classroom to assemble for the tour. Kyron walked down the stairs before class started, right after SM waved goodbye, and that was the last time he saw Kyron. That's what TP said.

While I had interpreted TP's statement differently, I can easily see where your version could be what he meant. Both versions however raise the question of the teacher's response...."calm down, he's probably in the bathroom or getting a drink", not.....he left with his mother for a doctor's appointment.

I suppose when LE releases all the information they have, TP's statement will be clarified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur