Kyron's General Discussion Thread for 2012-13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Desiree's attitude, she is the most positive, motivated, woman I have ever seen and heard in all of the cases we read about here. I think she could solve World Peace and World Hunger if she was working on that. What a brave and incredible mom she is. I still hold out hope that Kyron is out there alive, this search didn't find any hint of him lying out there dead, so I will still pray for a good outcome. I know many of you think that is pie-in-the-sky thinking, so I thank you for putting up with me. <3

Desiree is one amazing woman. Watching her is heart breaking. I have never seen such strength and determination. She is still clearly convinced that TMH is responsible making several references to having inside knowledge, as we've known all along. I know many think she (and LE) have tunnel vision but mothers' instincts are pretty strong and she clearly had gut instinct about this even before other suspicions were raised in the beginning.

God Bless her. I truly believe she will see the resolution she seeks. No way is anyone going to break her resolve.

BBM: Yes, she is amazing !

This has got to be so difficult for her since the civil lawsuit was just recently "dropped" ... but yet she continues to move forward for Kyron !

:please: for Desiree !

:please: for Kyron !

I am a little unsure as to where I should be posting, so I brought this post over here:
http://www.koin.com/2013/07/30/desir...-terri-horman/

Rosenthal did reveal that Terri Horman’s friend, DeDe Spicher, testified this month before a grand jury. In October of 2012, Spicher invoked her Fifth Amendment rights during a sworn deposition, refusing to answer any questions regarding Horman. However, according to Rosenthal, she changed her mind.
“We recently learned that DeDe Spicher did appear in front of the grand jury a week or two go; we don’t know what she said,” Rosenthal stated.
This article was written in late July of this year, and it was written detailing the reason for Desiree dropping the lawsuit. So as late as mid July 2013, there was a Grand Jury seated on Kyron's case and DS apparently answered questions this time.

Essentially 4-6 weeks later, there is a massive search. *shrug* Seems like there might be some math here...searches dont just happen like that typically.

I am waiting to see if there is an indictment coming....

Snippet from the Oregonian 6/3/11 :

Their multi-agency task force has looked at registered sex offenders in the area of the school, the Horman home, visitors to the school that day, and others who may have made cell phone calls that were routed to cell phone towers near the school, the Horman home and Sauvie Island the morning he disappeared.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/06/kyron_horman_task_force_to_dis.html##Static

BBM:

:twocents: I have no doubt they investigated the "possibility" of an rso but it led to nothing because ...

Everything led the investigators right back to TH !

:moo:

I guess it does sound far out that he would be living with a normal family, but I just think that he was taken and placed with other people or a family maybe not even in the US. I know he was young, but if he was isolated for a period of time, like home schooled a told his parents didn't want him, he would remember but maybe accept his fate. He didn't live with his bio mom, and his step mom clearly had issues with him, and there was a new baby in the home, he may have thought "I am in the way" and believed what ever they told him. The people that may have him may think they are protecting him from an abusive family. I know it sounds crazy but keeping 3 woman in a house for 10 yrs with family there at times, and they don't question a locked door in the kitchen, here in the USA, sounds crazy and unbelievable too.

Yeah, crazy things happen and you can't discount the sheer mental illness and self-justification of people who kidnap or otherwise harbor children. I can't imagine that with all the news coverage it's possible for a family to truly believe they were rescuing him from abuse. I don't believe that, but clearly there are some kidnapping situations that keep the child alive and relatively strong willed inside for multiple years. I would love to believe this is one of them. I don't really believe that, but I would love it if this turned out that way.

I guess it does sound far out that he would be living with a normal family, but I just think that he was taken and placed with other people or a family maybe not even in the US. I know he was young, but if he was isolated for a period of time, like home schooled a told his parents didn't want him, he would remember but maybe accept his fate. He didn't live with his bio mom, and his step mom clearly had issues with him, and there was a new baby in the home, he may have thought "I am in the way" and believed what ever they told him. The people that may have him may think they are protecting him from an abusive family. I know it sounds crazy but keeping 3 woman in a house for 10 yrs with family there at times, and they don't question a locked door in the kitchen, here in the USA, sounds crazy and unbelievable too.

So true! I remember the Steven Staynor case where the perpetrator told the little boy that his parents didn't want him anymore and that if he tried to leave or tell, his parents would be killed. Also, Shawn Hornbeck...

Snippet from the Oregonian 6-3-11 :

Over the past year, investigators have compiled 68 four-inch binders of information, and conducted more than 3,500 interviews, collecting more than 4,500 leads. They've invested more than 26,650 hours on the case, and search and rescue officials and volunteers have put in 24,638 hours toward looking for Kyron. The case has cost more than $1.4 million.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/06/kyron_horman_task_force_to_dis.html##Static

BBM: wow ... 68 binders after one year ... so I wonder how many binders they have now after 3 years ?

:waitasec: I say give those binders to us here at WS :websleuther: ... We'll be glad to help solve this case !

:seeya:

But if a family took Kyron in because they want to protect him, and truly believe he was being abused, why would they tell him that his old family doesn't want him anymore? That sounds like something a child abductor tells their victim, not someone who truly thinks they are doing something good. It's pretty cruel to tell a 7-year-old that his parents don't want him. Is this family who is harboring Kyron good or bad?

Snippet from the Oregonian 6-3-11 :

Over the past year, investigators have compiled 68 four-inch binders of information, and conducted more than 3,500 interviews, collecting more than 4,500 leads. They've invested more than 26,650 hours on the case, and search and rescue officials and volunteers have put in 24,638 hours toward looking for Kyron. The case has cost more than $1.4 million.

BBM: wow ... 68 binders after one year ... so I wonder how many binders they have now after 3 years ?

:waitasec: I say give those binders to us here at WS :websleuther: ... We'll be glad to help solve this case !

:seeya:

There was probably a lot more police work in the 1st year than in the 2nd or 3rd year. So at this point, probably more than 68 binders but not as many more as we might think IMO.

Video @ link . . . not sure if this has been posted earlier but states investigators are following up on leads and info given early on in the case that is now relevant to asking the court to put Desiree's civil law suit against Terri on hold.

http://www.kptv.com/video?clipId=8007011&autostart=true

I wish we knew more, but the ones who really needs to know is Desiree. And she does know more info that must lead right back to TMH because she said that she is not going to let TMH win.

The commentator mentioned that things found in the beginning of an investigation may mean nothing, but as more info is received, things start to make sense.

I have no clue if we , the public, know anything about the early days that would be some of that info. For instance, we are not privy to the cell phone ping locations.

We don't know what is on tapes. We don't know the testimonies of people.

In the Alanna Gallagher case, neighbors told LE about the perp, but we did not know that.

I do wonder if the press knows things. For instance, in the Allana situation, we did see the perp. Did the media know he was a potential perp from interviewing neighbors?

No way to know things, I feel.

Did Dede give info? So many questions for me

Young said the weekend has given her hope, not only of finding Kyron but of finding out if Kyron’s former stepmother Terri had anything to do with the disappearance.

“I refuse, refuse to let Terri win,” Young said.

Terri was one of the last people known to have seen Kyron alive. Authorities stress Terri has never been charged with a crime related to this missing person case.
Shortly after the news conference Sunday, Lt. Steve Alexander with the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office told KOIN 6 News it’s his understanding volunteer searchers turned some items over to the sheriff’s office. He said the sheriff’s office does not know if the items are significant to the case or not, and can’t officially call the items evidence at this time. The items are headed for processing by sheriff’s office staff.
http://www.koin.com/2013/09/01/volunteers-continue-search-for-kyron/

I am a little unsure as to where I should be posting, so I brought this post over here:

Makes sense if Dede said something to the GJ, as the search at Germantown and Skyline is very close to the farm where dede was working on the morning Kyron disappeared.

I love Desiree's attitude, she is the most positive, motivated, woman I have ever seen and heard in all of the cases we read about here. I think she could solve World Peace and World Hunger if she was working on that. What a brave and incredible mom she is. I still hold out hope that Kyron is out there alive, this search didn't find any hint of him lying out there dead, so I will still pray for a good outcome. I know many of you think that is pie-in-the-sky thinking, so I thank you for putting up with me. <3

Not pie in the sky, to my thinking. Simply hope, optimism. This is another case where my heart keeps hoping as well, but sadly my mind thinks otherwise.

Makes sense if Dede said something to the GJ, as the search at Germantown and Skyline is very close to the farm where dede was working on the morning Kyron disappeared.

If it was related to Dede's testimony I think it would have been LE searching and not Desiree with volunteers. Would they even know what Dede said to the GJ? When it was recent I got the notion from Desiree's atty that they weren't privy to Dede's testimony.

If it was related to Dede's testimony I think it would have been LE searching and not Desiree with volunteers. Would they even know what Dede said to the GJ? When it was recent I got the notion from Desiree's atty that they weren't privy to Dede's testimony.

Yeah, I wasn't sure who was searching when I posted. Idk, though, that location is, as far as I know, relevant only to dede's location that morning. Maybe Desiree is making assumptions based on the GJ appearance and what she already knows/has heard, or maybe some of what happened in the GJ slipped out somehow. I can imagine that Desiree isn't just like "well, that's all secret, so I won't even try to find out." jmo

GJ appearances and testimony are typically sealed until indictment, at least in my experience which doesnt mean anything.

DeDe agreeing to answer questions rather than invoke this time is huge imo. This is a read between the lines situation if ever there was one.

I do think it is a fair observation that LE would have been searching if it was material passed along from the GJ proceedings. But there are so many layers here, frankly, that I dont know who does what with what or whom lol.

I am very energized that there was a GJ, I am very energized that DS chose to answer questions and I am thrilled that there is clearly information to be had and found.

Boy do I wish I was a fly on the wall during the GJ proceeding...

Hi Karmady, Xcellent point about the location of the farm where Dede was working that morning.

Wasn't there someone's car seen driving at Germnantown Rd and Skyline the morning he disappeared? A white truck? I have driven up there. Where those roads cross are huge fields. Is there access from that intersection, or close to it going down the hill towards Hwy #30 that leads to the Sauvie Island bridge? I'm going to have to review, but remember there was a sighting of a white truck with a redhead driving that a man saw on that Hwy as he headed towards Portland. He saw her enter Hwy 30 from a road that I can't pull out the name of now, but thought I thought that road went up to Skyl.ine, Also that sighting was timely as per the time of Kyron's disappearance as I remember.

Do you or anyone remember that? It could be if the searchers found evidence by Germantown Rd and Skyline it could be something thrown out of a car. Hmmm, possibilities abound.

I am so THANKFUL for these searches. As Human stated, I also wonder what could exist in a field 3 years after the fact, something recognizable to Desiree or the searchers that could be connected to his disappearance?

One other thing is I'm concerned that Desiree stated they might have found possible evidence. Would LE want that info out there? Could Desiree want to get the perp scared they might have found something linking to them???

PS: If I need any links to this info let me know and I'll go dig them up. xox

I did find this link where LE asked the public if they had seen the white truck at these locations, one of which was at Germantown Rd and Skyline:

lhttp://www.kgw.com/home/Timeline-Horman-truck-locations-June-4-100461834.html

I'm going to take another drive out there this afternoon. I remembered big fields. Googeling Skyline and Germ. Rd I see a bunch of trees. lol Germantown
Rd does go from Skyline all the way down to Hwy #30. It is a very winding road as it drops from the height of Skyline down to the lower elevation of Hwy #30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3