Kyron's General Discussion Thread for 2012-13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was arrested for drunk driving. And it was reported in MSM that much of the tension between TH and KH was because of her liberal usage of alcohol.

A lot of people receive DUI's. That doesn't mean they will continue to be constantly drunk while caring for their children at home. Kaine evidently took no action to try to remove the children from Terri's care until LE alerted him of the alleged m-f-h plot.

JMO

Kaine said he did not carry that kind of money around with him. She lied about it. We all know that in a normal divorce scenario both parents would share custody of the baby, and Kaine would not have received full custody. That is another lie TH told the landscaper, who is from another country and might not have been familiar with typical divorce agreements in the US.

We know the landscaper was not manipulated by her. But it was not for a lack of trying on her part.

Do you really believe Kaine would publicly admit he carries around $10,000 in cash on him? I don't.

There is no proof Terri lied to the landscaper about anything. She hasn't told us why she believed she wouldn't get custody but she was right. Perhaps Kaine threatened to do exactly as he's done? Take the child and accuse her of being unfit and a danger to the child. I think we'll learn a whole lot more when there is a court hearing about the divorce.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2013/12/terri_horman_to_seek_frequent.html

The civil no-contact order replaced the Family Abuse Prevention Act restraining order that Kaine Horman had renewed each year since 2010. In each renewal petition for the restraining order, Kaine Horman had argued that local and federal law enforcement are investigating Terri Horman in connection with Kyron's disappearance and the restraining order is sought to protect him and their daughter.

Do you really believe Kaine would publicly admit he carries around $10,000 in cash on him? I don't.

There is no proof Terri lied to the landscaper about anything. She hasn't told us why she believed she wouldn't get custody but she was right. Perhaps Kaine threatened to do exactly as he's done? Take the child and accuse her of being unfit and a danger to the child. I think we'll learn a whole lot more when there is a court hearing about the divorce.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2013/12/terri_horman_to_seek_frequent.html

The civil no-contact order replaced the Family Abuse Prevention Act restraining order that Kaine Horman had renewed each year since 2010. In each renewal petition for the restraining order, Kaine Horman had argued that local and federal law enforcement are investigating Terri Horman in connection with Kyron's disappearance and the restraining order is sought to protect him and their daughter.

It would make no sense for Kaine to randomly carry around $10K all the time, and of course he would have "admitted to it" if he had, as it's not illegal and he could have just left the money at home the next day if he felt the public knowledge of his wallet contents endangered him. So clearly Terri made that up.

Also, Kaine didn't take the child - the child is his. If an innocent Terri was worried about losing custody in a divorce that she herself planned to initiate against an "abusive husband", she could easily have gotten an attorney or simply gotten a protective order herself. And we know she's been through the family court system with her older son before. She already knew the system, and knew what she would have to do to get custody.

An innocent Terri could have immediately, legally fought back when erroneously charged with MFH. An innocent Terri could have helped the Kyron investigation, which would have not only potentially have aided in discovering what happened to him (remember an innocent Terri would have been the BEST witness as his primary parent and last person to see him, and by remaining quiet about all things Kyron, an innocent Terri is the biggest hindrance to the investigation of his whereabouts) - but would also have enabled her to go through the requirements to see her daughter again.

In other news, the landscaper thing seems like more of the same with Terri - trying to con men into doing things for her by making herself the victim.

We'll have to agree to disagree. We know the landscaper was not manipulated into anything at all. He apparently continued his landscaping gig and didn't bother to contact LE about Terri's desire to off her husband until AFTER Kyron disappeared.

BBM

Just to clarify: LE tracked down RS; he did not come forward on his own. To me, this lends credence to his MFH story. Clearly, he wasn't looking for 15 minutes of fame nor was he attempting to 'get even' with TM by concocting a story and trotting it out to LE.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/landscaper_tells_police_terri.html

“After Kyron disappeared June 4, investigators with the county's Major Crimes Team tracked down the landscaper in the course of trying to interview everyone who had contact with the boy's family. They also found it odd that Terri Horman had hired a landscaper without her husband's knowledge.”

Refresher ... http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/terri_horman.html

MyBelle, any Mother worth her salt would fight tooth and nail for her infant child. How do you account for the way Terri slunk out of town, and has hid out in Roseberg for three years?

What exactly is "tooth and nail"???

How does anyone successfully fight an order of protection keeping you from your child that is signed by a Judge who publicly names you as a suspect in a crime?

I don't agree that Terri is hiding if she is living with her parents and holds a job.

JMO

BBM

Just to clarify: LE tracked down RS; he did not come forward on his own. To me, this lends credence to his MFH story. Clearly, he wasn't looking for 15 minutes of fame nor was he attempting to 'get even' with TM by concocting a story and trotting it out to LE.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/landscaper_tells_police_terri.html

“After Kyron disappeared June 4, investigators with the county's Major Crimes Team tracked down the landscaper in the course of trying to interview everyone who had contact with the boy's family. They also found it odd that Terri Horman had hired a landscaper without her husband's knowledge.”

Thanks for the clarification. What isn't clear is how investigators knew about the landscaper. Somebody had to tell them he existed if Kaine wasn't aware of it. It also shows that the landscaper did not take Terri's offer very seriously.

imo, it is far less odd for Terri to hire a landscaper than it is for Kaine to carry $10,000 cash around with him. If Kaine expected Terri to do the landscaping she certainly should have been able to get the work done without having to ask Kaine for permission. I've made many housekeeping decisions without asking my husband for "permission" first.

JMO

How does anyone successfully fight an order of protection keeping you from your child that is signed by a Judge who publicly names you as a suspect in a crime?

I don't agree that Terri is hiding if she is living with her parents and holds a job.

JMO

She holds a job? How do you know this? I have not seen it reported in MSM. Can you please elaborate and state your source?

Thanks for the clarification. What isn't clear is how investigators knew about the landscaper. Somebody had to tell them he existed if Kaine wasn't aware of it. It also shows that the landscaper did not take Terri's offer very seriously.

imo, it is far less odd for Terri to hire a landscaper than it is for Kaine to carry $10,000 cash around with him. If Kaine expected Terri to do the landscaping she certainly should have been able to get the work done without having to ask Kaine for permission. I've made many housekeeping decisions without asking my husband for "permission" first.

JMO

I just don't understand why you would believe that Kaine Horman, a well educated man with perfectly good bank accounts, a car, and regular travel through neighborhoods with multitudes of banks, would regularly carry $10,000 in cash with him. Quite frankly, it defies all logic and common sense. People who aren't drug dealers simply don't carry cash around like that. They use their credit and debit cards, or go to the bank when they need cash. I don't know anybody who carries that kind of cash around. Even if you had all $100 bills, it would take 100 of them to equal $10,000. Nobody's wallet would hold that much. I fear you are believing a lie.

JMO

I would go to the court of public appeal, which is what Desiree has been doing. I would write letters to every County Supervisor, House Rep, Senator, Governor, Chief of Police, District Attorney. I would haunt the media. That is, if i were innocent.

Terri has a job?

I just don't understand why you would believe that Kaine Horman, a well educated man with perfectly good bank accounts, a car, and regular travel through neighborhoods with multitudes of banks, would regularly carry $10,000 in cash with him. Quite frankly, it defies all logic and common sense. People who aren't drug dealers simply don't carry cash around like that. They use their credit and debit cards, or go to the bank when they need cash. I don't know anybody who carries that kind of cash around. Even if you had all $100 bills, it would take 100 of them to equal $10,000. Nobody's wallet would hold that much. I fear you are believing a lie.

I have no reason not to believe the landscaper's description that Terri told him Kaine was abusive and that he carried that large sum of money. It seems to me that he did that so she wouldn't have access to it if she decided to leave him. The news reports didn't mention how the money was carried.

JMO

I have no reason not to believe the landscaper's description that Terri told him Kaine was abusive and that he carried that large sum of money. It seems to me that he did that so she wouldn't have access to it if she decided to leave him. The news reports didn't mention how the money was carried.

JMO

He couldn't just open an account in his name only? Seems a lot easier and safer than carrying around all that cash. He should have been more worried about someone robbing him than Terri getting money if she left. It simply makes no sense, and I firmly believe it was just one of the millions of lies that rolled of Terri's tongue on a regular basis.

He couldn't just open an account in his name only? Seems a lot easier and safer than carrying around all that cash. He should have been more worried about someone robbing him than Terri getting money if she left. It simply makes no sense, and I firmly believe it was just one of the millions of lies that rolled of Terri's tongue on a regular basis.

I think it makes a lot of sense if it was a marriage headed to divorce and it was. Terri also mentioned fearing she would lose custody of Kiara and that has happened. Not sure why you believe Terri is the one who has lied.

Spending down bank accounts or selling marital or business property and hiding the proceeds are other methods by which marital property is drained.

Copied from WomansDivorce.com. Read more at: http://www.womansdivorce.com/protecting-assets.html#ixzz2mwBMR9mt

I think there is ALOT more to be revealed from Kaine's old high school buddy that TMH was allegedly sexting with. If the pattern was the same as the landscaper, first connection, then sexting, then some nefarious request. I would also want to know what connection he has with dede spicher. Both of them should be polygraphed if they haven't already. It is my opinion only, that those two know quite a bit about what happened to Kyron.
Opinion only of course.

So if the landscaper goes into court and testifies as he did in his deposition, and Terri remains silent, what will be the outcome? The judge can only use the information that is provided. If the landscaper sounds credible and there is no one to refute his claims (Terri remains silent) then how can she ever hope to win anything?

JMO

Do you read gitana's posts at all? She sums up the legal aspect of this very well.

Terri did not legally contest the protection order. For - what is it, 3 years now? She had the opportunity to go through a completely standard custody evaluation to see her daughter and she elected not to.

So IMO fighting "tooth and nail" would be doing anything other than choosing not to see her daughter and choosing not to contest the order for protection.

JMO

So you're saying that Kaine carried $10K around with him so his wife - who lived with him and had full access to his wallet, car and belongings, and apparently full knowledge of the money he carried - would NOT have access to it? That makes zero sense.

If he wanted to keep money from Terri "off the record" then obviously he would have put it in a bank account with his name on it, or - if he were being super stealthy and off-the-grid, a safe deposit box or even a shoe box in the garage. Carrying a huge wad in his wallet - and telling the very person he was trying to hide it from that he was carrying it in his wallet - is complete nonsense.

as far as I know Desiree didn't fight for Kyron - instead Kaine told her it wasn't gonna happen.. So she dropped it.

Aside from questioning your inside knowledge of what Kaine told Desiree, IMO this comparison is one of apples and oranges.

Even though Kaine had custody of Kyron, Kyron still regularly traveled to Medford to spend time with his mother. I assume if Kaine had any issues with Kyron spending time with Desiree it would not have happened. In fact, IIRC Kyron was scheduled to go spend vacation with Desiree the very weekend following the day he went missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove