Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to say that when there is a chronic alcoholic in the house, everybody becomes ill. There is the drinker, the scapegoat, the enabler, the chosen child, and so on. I think it is easy to see how the people in that household fit those roles perfectly.

Kaine made some bad choices for sure, and I think many of us saw that early on. Why did he "allow" the baby to be up late with a drinking Terri and so forth. Well, IMO, that is because Kaine was caught up in Terri's dysfunction and was not able to see the world as clearly as we do. He had hope that she would straighten up. Perhaps he had given her ultimatums already. He probably nagged her about it. What else could he do? One failed marriage already, he didn't want another. For sure Kyron would then be in Medford, Terri the drunk would have the baby, and he would be alone, paying the bills. Doesn't sound very appetizing. He may have thought he could, in his engineer way, work out a logical solution to all his problems. Too late. And he looks like he is suffering big time and will for the rest of his life. JMO

Or perhaps someone else wrote the emails.

how do we know WHO showed her the emails? maybe it was LE?

I, for one, am going to give the investigators and DY the benefit of the doubt on this one. MOO.

Oh heavens to Betsy, I just lost my very long post.

Here it is, more concise:

first: :grouphug: to my WS friends

second: Tony's a saint and Desiree is moving through her grief.

third: Kaine - good grief. Talk about not being a Team Player. Shame on you.

fourth: Terri's older son knows all sorts of stuff, IMO.

fifth: $1 M is a lot of money to spend searching for a child while his father and stepmother commit lies of ommission.

sixth: Yup lies of omission. To the press, to Desiree, and likely to LE at the get-go. The MFH plot sting pushed Kaine for disclosure, IMO. As much as it was meant to push Terri. Something had to give with these two. Kaine gave it up. That was a long meeting that day with LE. Remember?

seventh: Yet still, he didn't tell Desiree. :eek: Holy Carp. That's wrong. No excuse. Kaine has lost my respect. Sorry. He still has my sympathy/compassion. I think I'm making this point twice. But seriously. I'm LOOKING at you Kaine. This is the behavior of a guy with tremendous guilt. Some closets you just can't clean. And who are you protecting, exactly?

eight: going back to read the Intel hush memo.

ninth: more to come, IMO, out of Horman home's closet.

tenth: Another innocent child becomes collateral damage of a selfish, loveless, abusive home and marriage. Where's Kyron?

eleventh: I think we all knew this a long time ago, didn't we? Can we talk about it now?

twelfth:
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFENCEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII...................................................EMMA :cow:

The answer to your question is that unless and until MSM media or LE state that Kaine is in any way suspected of harming Kyron we are not going down this path.

Desiree's statements are up for discussion. She has a right to be upset with Kaine because he did not tell her about the drinking and was apparently trying to stop her from taking Kyron.

However, even given these domestic issues there has not been one word to shift blame on Kaine for Kyron's dissaprearance. We are not pointing the finger at the victim just because he wasn't very good at dealing with his domestic issues.

I am terribly saddened by this division. Big mistake, huge. This just fractures what was a cohesive partnership and sets them both up for quarterbacking. Now is not the time to do this in public.

I dont think it is fair of Desiree to call Kaine out and I dont think it was fair of Kaine not to prep Desiree.

But what a sad, sad, sad state of affairs. I hoped that they would stay united because the whole purpose is to determine the truth regarding Kyron.

I just want to say that when there is a chronic alcoholic in the house, everybody becomes ill. There is the drinker, the scapegoat, the enabler, the chosen child, and so on. I think it is easy to see how the people in that household fit those roles perfectly.

Kaine made some bad choices for sure, and I think many of us saw that early on. Why did he "allow" the baby to be up late with a drinking Terri and so forth. Well, IMO, that is because Kaine was caught up in Terri's dysfunction and was not able to see the world as clearly as we do. He had hope that she would straighten up. Perhaps he had given her ultimatums already. He probably nagged her about it. What else could he do? One failed marriage already, he didn't want another. For sure Kyron would then be in Medford, Terri the drunk would have the baby, and he would be alone, paying the bills. Doesn't sound very appetizing. He may have thought he could, in his engineer way, work out a logical solution to all his problems. Too late. And he looks like he is suffering big time and will for the rest of his life. JMO

Good description of an alcoholic household. why do you think drunk Terri would have baby girl? Maybe she would have been propelled to use insurance to detox and get help. Kaine most certainly, would have had baby during that time. moomho

In an early interview, I think it might have even been the first interview, Kaine stated that he was surprised they were having a new baby because he did not think they were going to grow their family. Not exact words. And, we have heard over and over how much Terri talked about Baby K.

To clarify, Kaine was doing what he was doing relative to his domestic issues and perhaps did not see the handwriting on the wall with Terri.

But Kaine is not a suspect in Kyron's disappearance and we just cannot take that leap at this time that because Kaine handled his marital affairs the way he did, that he is in any way responsible for what Terri did as a result.

You can tell that he is racked with guilt and not doing well. He might have made bad choices in his marital affairs which are open for discussion as a result of this interview.

That doesn't allow for us to leap to anything else.

Thanks.

I had a feeling that Desiree was in the dark all along, so this does not surprise me, just makes me sad for her. If LE showed her the e-mails this past week, I think they may be trying to prepare a case against Terri without finding Kyron, and need her to understand and admit that he is probably deceased.

One the hardest things in a case without finding the victim, is convincing the victim's loved ones he/she is dead, so that they are all saying the same thing at trial. LE can't have Desiree still saying Kyron is alive and being held someplace if they are charging Terri with murder.

I hope we do not find out that Kaine was aware of the e-mails, whatever they are, before Desriee was made aware. That would be too sickening if he kept that info from her as well.

I am so sad for Desiree as I have been for months now...

I think I understand why Terri's attorney withdrew the motion for visitation now. The hints that Rackner was saying in her response about having "more" surely must be these emails.

ETA: I'm not so sure Kaine knew of these emails before Friday either. Sure seemed to all happen at once with the new filing from Rackner

I had a feeling that Desiree was in the dark all along, so this does not surprise me, just makes me sad for her. If LE showed her the e-mails this past week, I think they may be trying to prepare a case against Terri without finding Kyron, and need her to understand and admit that he is probably deceased.

One the hardest things in a case without finding the victim, is convincing the victim's loved ones he/she is dead, so that they are all saying the same thing at trial. LE can't have Desiree still saying Kyron is alive and being held someplace if they are charging Terri with murder.

I hope we do not find out that Kaine was aware of the e-mails, whatever they are, before Desriee was made aware. That would be too sickening if he kept that info from her as well.

I am so sad for Desiree as I have been for months now...
He was, and he did. According to the Today Show article:

Mom: Kyron’s stepmother had ‘severe hatred’ for him

"Young’s interview on TODAY Monday was her first appearance on the show without her ex-husband, Kaine Horman. She is angry that Kaine apparently knew about the messages obtained by police, but never told her about them.

Young is also angry because she says her ex-husband never told her that Terri, whom he is in the process of divorcing, allegedly got drunk and passed out on the couch several nights a week."

I am not surprised by the latest developements whatsoever. I understand how for some this could cause shaking and disbelief but, really what did we expect? That Kyron was living an idyllic life? So...now comes another dose of reality and I'm sure there will be more disheartening & tragic ones to come.

I commend Desiree for continuing to share the truth and still standing united in the search for Kyron with Kaine.

Not sure if anyone else picked up on it but, I felt a shift in Desiree's reality whether Kyron is living or not...but, tearfully she will hold onto that one shred of hope for her son to come home to her...God Bless her! :(

Watching this video with DY was heartbreaking. At the beginning, back in June, there seemed to be so much that Kaine did not want coming out - clearly we are seeing all this unfold more and more, and there were troubles that go so far back. My heart aches for this little boy and for this mother, who will live with this guilt forever. The news of these terrible emails does not shock me, but breaks my heart further.

I agree watching that was very sad! Desiree said she was trying to get Kyron back and Kaine said no way could he have done this so Desiree would niot get custody ... I really think if Terri did this and is an Alcoholic she would have spilled her guts by now AFAIK ppl with drinking problems are not real strong Alcoholics have loose lips JMO...

They found Zahra the LE in OREGON should be able to find Kyron.

God bless our children!

how do we know WHO showed her the emails? maybe it was LE?

I, for one, am going to give the investigators and DY the benefit of the doubt on this one. MOO.

My comments was: "Or perhaps someone else wrote the emails; as in someone other then Terri.

I believe it was stated on the show that LE showed DY the emails.

I think Kaine didn't want to give up his son to live with Desiree because he loved Kyron and loves him still and wanted to continue to live with him, as most parents do want with their families. If my marriage was bad and my daughter's bio father wanted her to move in with him because my current husband was emotionally struggling, I would say absolutely not, too. Not because I'm a control freak or have terrible judgment, but because I love my child and my child has always lived with me as primary parent and to lose my child would be heartbreaking! I can completely see why Kaine said no way to moving his own child (his daughter's older brother!) out of his home. He likely thought things were hard, but not fatally so. He likely saw all the times Kyron laughed with baby K, or the times they had heart to hearts on the way to the bus and told himself: he's not an unhappy child. He's got me, he's got baby K, and Terri when she's in the right mood can be very nurturing... it's really not that bad.

It reminds me of the jeep rollover accident I was in as a teenager. I ended up laying under the upside down, crumpled jeep on the highway. I opened my eyes and looked around the inside of the jeep and thought... huh, I thought this would be worse, it's really not that bad. Then another motorist climbed under the jeep and pulled me out, and when I was helped across the road I was horrified to see the crumpled wreck I had just climbed out of.

I wonder if Kaine sees his marriage that way now. While in it, he thought he had it covered. It was bad, but maybe he thought he was fixing it or that it would get better. Maybe in some moments Terri cried and apologized and said she'd get help - we don't know. When LE yanked Kaine out of his marriage, maybe he turned around and saw the crumpled wreck of a marriage he'd just climbed out of and was horrified. We don't know.

With Dateline on Friday. I wonder if something on that show upset Desiree.
I think you are probably right. At one point Desiree also got very upset by an article the Oregonian wrote detailing Terri's life and putting a human face on her. Dateline definitely showed some sympathy towards Terri, I thought about it upsetting Desiree while I was watching it.

And I think BeanE made a very astute observation saying that LE may have showed Des the e-mails to prep her for the worst.

Also, some here may remember a post on a gardening message board that had been speculated to have been written by Terri. It was a very callous post, the author wrote about her stepson ruining her life. The post was pretty general but it did have some similarities to Terri's life and what got people wondering was that the poster's birthday matched Terri's except it was a month off. I hope mentioning this isn't violating TOS but I think in retrospect it's interesting. I don't have the link for it, maybe someone else remembers it.

My comments was: "Or perhaps someone else wrote the emails; as in someone other then Terri.

I believe it was stated on the show that LE showed DY the emails.

I would imagine that LE & their computer forensic investigators could easily determine where & when those emails originated from and also who would have been in the home at the times that each were sent.

So, if Kaine is at work when these emails were sent...it could only be Terri, Baby K, Kyron or Terri's Son...my bet is on the obvious.

The video of Desiree: I'm not surprised that after the first few months passed, their united front would start to dissolve. Of course they have blended family issues - none of the issues (save Terri's emails and Kyron's disappearance) are that out of line. She didn't like Kaine's choice of a step parent for her son. She thought Terri lied a lot. She wanted more parenting time with Kyron. She blamed issues or sadness that Kyron was having on his home life (and maybe that was valid in her case). But these are all standard issues in blended families.

Also, Desiree is probably blaming herself, and Kaine, and Terri -- they all failed Kyron in some way (in their perspective) and her anger is directed at all of them, though clearly Terri has the largest blame in her eyes.

It's so very hard to think of Desiree reading those emails, presumably badmouthing her son. Some step parenting boards (I think links were posted at some point here) have terrible things said about the step children - I can only imagine what Desiree read about her own son. :(

I too wonder if LE isn't preparing them for a trial. How heartbreaking.

I wonder if Kaine didn't tell LE about Terri's issues with Kyron a lot earlier than this, and Desiree is only now hearing about them. Something tells me that after the murder for hire information, Kaine would not have held back in telling LE that Terri blamed Kyron for their marital problems... I wouldn't be surprised if he kept some of those details from Desiree though.

Finally, I wonder why, if Desiree wanted custody, she didn't file? Or Tony Young didn't check out Terri and/or Kaine's record to see if there was anything they could use to gain custody in their past? Would Tony have had access to that, or would it have been against the law for him to access it for personal reasons?

I've had to step away from this case for the past couple of months because 1. it is so terribly heart wrenching and 2. that it is beyond frustrating that sometimes the case seems to be going nowhere.
This morning I saw this segment and my heart got ripped out all over again. But my biggest question is WHY did Kaine not do anything? Why did he not protect Kyron and Baby K if he saw huge, giant flashing red warning signs? I haven't wanted to put any blame on him, but I just don't understand why he didn't do something to protect Kyron.

In my mind, Kyron was trying to make it clear that he wanted to be with his mommy; I believe Desiree on that. And Kaine was determined to prevent that. So of course he was not going to tell her what life in that house was really like for Kyron.

I've had to step away from this case for the past couple of months because 1. it is so terribly heart wrenching and 2. that it is beyond frustrating that sometimes the case seems to be going nowhere.
This morning I saw this segment and my heart got ripped out all over again. But my biggest question is WHY did Kaine not do anything? Why did he not protect Kyron and Baby K if he saw huge, giant flashing red warning signs? I haven't wanted to put any blame on him, but I just don't understand why he didn't do something to protect Kyron.

My guess is that he didn't think Kyron was in danger.

If Kaine saw these emails expressing Terri's loathing for his missing child...combined with being told by LE that she was attempting to have HIM murdered...and all the rest that we have seen and probably MORE we have not seen...this should make very UNDERSTANDABLE why he is doing anything and everything to protect Baby K.

One cannot criticize him for not doing enough to protect Kyron from Terri....and in the next breath say it was mean or unfair to release the sexts...or for him to fight Terri's visitation at all.

Kaine is paying a huge price for making excuses for his wife and denying the obvious. We can applaud him for not repeating that mistake with Baby K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member