Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cried watching that interview. One thing at the end after the online interview they were asked..is there anything that Kyron is afraid of, the answer? Not having his glasses on. There is a key to the glasses. IMO

ITA that the glasses are a major component of this case. I asked about Kyron's vision problems on the Q & A thread early in the disappearance. I didn't mean to pry into anything of a personal nature (like medical issues), but much has been made of Kyron's glasses by LE and the media, so I felt that is was alright to ask about the boy's vision.

I was extremely myopic as a child (legally blind without correction) and would never have been able to be anywhere without my glasses. If someone had taken me to an unfamiliar place and took away my glasses, I would have been rendered completely helpless and incapable of finding my way to safety. My earliest thoughts in the case were that someone who knew about Kyron's low vision and timidity confiscated his glasses and took him into the wilderness, leaving the boy there to fend for himself. I know it sounds positively horrible, but that was my gut instinct at the beginning of this sad saga :( In some ways, this is more disturbing to me than killing the boy. jmo

Did anyone besides me think it was a little snarky how Robin Roberts asked, when Kaine said they couldn't comment on what Terri had said about that morning, "You realize that the more people do know...don't you feel they'll be better able to help you and locate your boy?"

From the GMA interview:

"It's like a portal opened up in the school and Kyron just vanished into it." -Desiree Young

Doesn't sound like someone who suspects Terri to me. Just my :twocents:

Absolutely heartbreaking watching Kyron's Mommy.

Please come home Kyron!

Did anyone besides me think it was a little snarky how Robin Roberts asked, when Kaine said they couldn't comment on what Terri had said about that morning, "You realize that the more people do know...don't you feel they'll be better able to help you and locate your boy?"

Yes, I thought the parents felt 'put on the spot', as they had already stated they couldn't discuss certain things which were part of the investigation.

I cried along with DY. KH looked dazed. I really empathize with them as their lives have changed forever. I don't know that I could have held it together as well as they did. A missing son, SM under a veil of suspicion, plus going on national television interviews to keep my child in the public eye and I'd be a blubbering mess.

I thought they handled the interviews well though considering the circumstances.

wm

MOO

JMOO I think they handled them well also.

Does anyone know the exact time that the interview happened? I'm guessing it was live and the location of Kyron's parents interview was from Oregon. I want to give this info tho the forensic astromoners ASAP. TIA.

So sad to see the parents. Mom is hopeful that Kyron is still alive and I hope this is so.

Does anyone know the exact time that the interview happened? I'm guessing it was live and the location of Kyron's parents interview was from Oregon. I want to give this info tho the forensic astromoners ASAP. TIA.

So sad to see the parents. Mom is hopeful that Kyron is still alive and I hope this is so.

Which interview? There were 3 separate ones this morning.

I do now get the impression that they are still unified, even after the silence over the past couple of weeks. I also get the impression that now that they do not believe TMH to be responsible, though I am still on the fence as to whether or not she is, if that makes sense.

As someone has stated perviously, sometimes those closest to home are the last to truly believe that their loved ones may be responsible.

JMOO

OK - I just watched all 3 interviews. I watched body language and facial expressions. DY is coming across as truthful, hurt, basically in agony. KH - his brow is "furrowed" and in the NBC interview when he talks about TH working with investigators - although he is making "positive" statements his head is shaking no (back and forth) - its very subtle but its there. Not so much in the ABC interview. I have to go back and watch the CBS one to see (I watched that one first and didn't make as many observations).

Saying "Yes, I went to McDonalds yesterday" while shaking your head "no" - back and forth is a classic earmark for deception. Not that KH is being deceptive about the investigation - his actions were in response to TH "helping and cooperating with" the investigation.

JMHO as always.

The body language between mom and dad gave me a chill, especially when emotional issues were mentioned. IMO Desiree acted like a normal mom with a missing child; Kaine was a cold fish, very cold, although there may be a reason for it.

Also IMO, it is too little, too late. I hope LE knows what they're doing, but I sense another Haleigh Cummings case coming up. I hope I'm wrong, ALTHOUGH the part about the school swallowing him up may have some merit - just not sure what it is.

My opinion only

ITA that the glasses are a major component of this case. I asked about Kyron's vision problems on the Q & A thread early in the disappearance. I didn't mean to pry into anything of a personal nature (like medical issues), but much has been made of Kyron's glasses by LE and the media, so I felt that is was alright to ask about the boy's vision.

I was extremely myopic as a child (legally blind without correction) and would never have been able to be anywhere without my glasses. If someone had taken me to an unfamiliar place and took away my glasses, I would have been rendered completely helpless and incapable of finding my way to safety. My earliest thoughts in the case were that someone who knew about Kyron's low vision and timidity confiscated his glasses and took him into the wilderness, leaving the boy there to fend for himself. I know it sounds positively horrible, but that was my gut instinct at the beginning of this sad saga :( In some ways, this is more disturbing to me than killing the boy. jmo

BBM.

This is absolutely chilling... and absolutely believable. What do you do if you can't go through with it (the kill) but drop him off in a forest, take his glasses and let him fend for himself. :(

BTW, I did not watch the new video as I am at work and would certainlty bawl if I watched it. Yes, I'm a big softie.

BBM.

This is absolutely chilling... and absolutely believable. What do you do if you can't go through with it (the kill) but drop him off in a forest, take his glasses and let him fend for himself. :(

BTW, I did not watch the new video as I am at work and would certainlty bawl if I watched it. Yes, I'm a big softie.

No need to "bawl", it isn't your child. I believe there's more of a need to WATCH every move and hear every word with an unjaundiced eye. What isn't said or acknowledged is probably more important than what is.

My opinion only

I have to give kudos to ABC and FOX - they actually blurred the images of the other children in the video of Kyron - CBS and NBC didn't.

I wonder if a searcher found Kyron's glasses ? Also,with reference to things Kyron is afraid of, IIRC, didn't his family originally say that he was afraid of LE officers ?

I have no knowledge of "body language ", so cannot comment al all on that...

All JMO

I agree there is more to the glasses than we may have thought. Just something that gave me a freaky feeling when DY said he couldn't really see without them.

matou, I do not know the exact time but the Today interview was in the 2nd half hour. Approximately 7:35- 7:40 EST.

I will check for a more specific time.

wm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members