Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but, enough time has passed that surely someone, either in LE or the family would have called the dr and checked this.

The only thing I can think is the teacher claimed this, but, everyone in the family claimed to not know anything about this, ergo, no doctor's office to call. I would think if this were true, and, at this point, I don't recall where this ever came from, LE or comments or friends, etc., the teacher would have had the paperwork. I don't recall ever seeing that the teacher had completed the paperwork and returned to TH.

If there was a dr's appt, I'm sure LE has checked it out. I don't think they'd tell Kaine the details of what they found out, and they probably told the dr not to talk to anyone, and that would include Kaine. I don't think, when the family speaks of LE keeping them informed or updated, it means that LE is giving them all the details of their investigation.

ETA The dr's appt thing came from, first an anonymous comment, but then from Terri's "best friend" in an interview.

Kyron Horman's Parents Answer Questions About Investigation
http://www.kptv.com/news/24151901/detail.html

July 5, 2010
PORTLAND, Ore. -- Kyron Horman's father, biological mother and stepfather answered several questions on Monday, about the investigation surrounding Kyron's disappearance. The answers, in their entirety, are listed below:

:frog:

Q: How difficult was it to be without Kyron this 4th of July?

A: DESIREE – It was very difficult. Kyron doesn’t like real loud noises and so he generally is kind of timid when it comes to celebrating the 4th of July, but the main thing that I missed was Kyron sitting on my lap for the entire show. I always tell him he is just making sure that I am not afraid, at least that is what I tell him when his 15 year old brother teases him about it.

KAINE – extremely difficult. He likes the lights and colors but not the noises and will often sit and watch with his ears covered. We have tried a few fireworks in the past but he definitely prefers watching them. Kyron enjoys the food/BBQ that we usually do and we usually play outside most of the day, which he loves to do.

Q: What was planned for Kyron to be doing this week if he had not disappeared?

A: He was supposed to be in California on vacation with his dad visiting friends – swimming, BBQ’ing, playing mini-golf, going to the water slides, a possible trip to the races, visiting to Monterey, and watching fireworks/celebrating the 4th of July with everyone.

Q: Are you worried Terri is becoming the story and not Kyron?

A: Our main goal is to keep Kyron in the front of everyone’s mind because we have a better chance of finding him. So we are constantly working to keep him the focus of the story and not Terri.

Q: Help us understand why you remain so certain Kyron is alive?

A: We remain hopeful because we haven’t been given any information by law enforcement to indicate he isn’t still alive and therefore we will always expect that he will come home to us.

Q: It has been a month since Kyron went missing, has this been the longest amount of time that any of you have been away from Kyron?

A: Yes, it is the longest stretch of time for all of us where we have been unable to at least call or talk to him in one form or another.

Q: The note put on the fence by Desiree for Kyron last week – are you willing to share what was in that note?

A: It’s personal to Ky, but I reassured him that we were on the way and that we will never stop looking for him.

Q: It’s been just over one month since Kyron disappeared, how is the family seeking support to keep up hope that Kyron will be returned home safely? Who is the most helpful source of support outside the family?

A: The only support we have been seeking is for people to keep an eye out for him. The local community and people all across the state of Oregon and everywhere in the Unites States have sent notes of prayer, reassurance, and strength in support of Kyron and our family. While the local community is relentless in its search for Kyron and support of the investigation, the national community continues to get the word out and watch for him. We will be reaching out to other families and organizations that help with missing children cases, we have not yet had enough time to do so. Other than that our strength and support comes from our love for Kyron and we lean on each other as much as we can while we search for him.

Q: What does Kyron’s room look like now? Have you made any changes to it since he disappeared?

A: DESIREE – I haven’t made any changes to his room other than to vacuum it. I still have his laundry laid out and his bed not made because I can’t bring myself to make his bed. I like to see that it looks slept in.

KAINE – We have done a little cleaning but otherwise it is in the same state it was when he left it. We had some family friends come over and we all played in his room to fill it with love and happy noises for Kyron, exactly as he would want if he would have been there with us. Additions to his room include gifts from other children that will be awaiting him when he gets home.

Q: Can you say something along what you said earlier about this not being two separate stories, but all about trying to find Kyron?

A: Kyron Horman is one story. As stated on an earlier interview, EVERYTHING we do is to expedite the investigation as best we can and bring him home quickly and safely.

Q: Can you repeat your comment about how all you care about is putting pressure on whoever did this to Kyron? In essence, this is what it’s all about.

A: All of us care very much about bringing this person to justice and bringing Kyron home and we will not stop until that is done.

Q: The Sheriff spoke out on Friday and said Terri Horman has cooperated throughout the investigation but was insinuated in your statement that she has not been cooperating-please explain.

A: We believe that the Sheriff’s statement could have been misinterpreted and possibly reflects Terri’s cooperation to participate in prior weeks during the investigation. The statement was directed at historical cooperation not current cooperation. Based upon information we have received from briefings it is our understanding, and continues to be such, that she has not been cooperating. We have been briefed by law enforcement and we have not received a response since our request for her to fully cooperate with investigators to assist in bringing Kyron home. We continue to issue our plea of her FULLY cooperating with law enforcement and the investigation to help bring Kyron home as quickly as possible.

Q: Trying to clear up so many reports that have been out there: Was Kaine waiting at the bus stop for Kyron to get off of the school bus?

A: Yes I was. I walked K down to the bus stop about 3:35 with Terri following close after we left. We all arrived down at the bus stop together and waited as the bus came to the stop.

Q: When is the last time Kaine saw Kyron?

A: KAINE – I last saw him at about 7:45 am. He was coming back to the house after feeding our cat (Bootsie) and I was heading out to the car to head into the office. I walked over to him, told him I was extremely proud of him for the effort he put into his red-eyed tree frog project, and for him to have a great and fun day at the science fair. We talked about maybe going for a special treat and playing the Wii after school, and then I said “I love you”. He said “I love you too, Dad”, at which point we hugged, and then he went into the house as I got into the car and left. While I have not seen him since, that moment in time is still etched in my mind as if it just happened and is a constant reminder of the joy of having him as a son.

Q: Was Kaine working from home the day Kyron went missing? If so, when did Terri get home from the school?

A: KAINE – No, I was in the office that day until about 1:45 and arrived back home a little after 2pm. Terri was already in the house, on her laptop, when I arrived. I kissed K, grabbed some food, and worked from my home office until about 3:30 at which time I put shoes on K and we started walking down toward the bus stop.

Q: Was Kyron supposed to be out of school the following Friday for a doctor’s appt.?

A: KAINE – There was some discussion about the appointment but it was unknown exactly when the appointment was scheduled so we cannot comment for certain.

Q: Do you all still feel strongly that the investigation remains on track?

A: Yes, we feel the investigation continues to be on track and progressing toward finding Kyron. Every action we take is for the sole purpose of expediting the investigation and search for him and to bring him home as quickly as possible. Some actions can appear as distractions but our purpose, all efforts/actions, and our focus remain unwavered until he is home and safe.

Q: Kaine are you able to confirm anything in the Oregonian story that was in the Sunday Paper that says it was discovered by police that Terri had attempted a Murder for Hire Plot?

A: We are unable to comment.

Q: Do you receive daily briefings? If so, how are those briefings delivered to you?

A: Yes we receive daily briefings or more frequently as needed, the delivery method changes based upon participant locations.

Q: What would you like to see happen in the investigation that hasn’t been thus far?

A: As Kyron’s family we have only one goal with the investigation, we only care about Kyron coming home to us soon.

Q: Have you been asked to take polygraphs? If so, did you take them?

A: Yes, all 3 of us have taken polygraphs and have voluntarily undergone any and all sessions with law enforcement and will continue to do so as long as it takes to bring Kyron home. We wake up every day and check in to proactively see what else we can do to help with the case and to find Kyron. We are relentless in this focus.

:frog:

Perhaps. But I don't buy that he hasn't confirmed if there was indeed an appointment, considering it's a big piece of the puzzle regarding when and how his son disappeared, and why possibly no alarms went off with the teacher. If that is something he can't talk about d/t the investigation, then why bother to even answer the question in the first place? Just toss it aside with all the rest left unanswered.

Ok, I'll buy that. I still agree with the other poster, that for some reason LE doesn't want this info made public. In that case, a better answer for sure would have been, 'no comment'. Or even better yet, just don't answer the question to begin with, no? OOps, i just saw in your post where you said the same thing, LOL!

Now, I will say this: I know for me my memory has been really bad lately and sometimes I have to really think hard about what I did the day before, for example. I think considering what Kaine, Desiree and Tony have been going through (stress, scrutiny, etc), I can see where he may have a problem recalling is all I am saying. Although, I also forgot this is an email. I still think this is info LE doesn't want public, overall.

Gotta remove minors names even when we copy and paste from the paper............... everyone check your posts please and thanks. Just first initial no names of minors.

bump bump......................

I don't think Kaine is polishing his image. If I was Terri's attorney I'd continue to keep her quiet and hope Kaine keeps on talkin'.

Almost sounds like a game of cat and mouse between LE and the attorney, with Kaine as the morsel tossed between the two! ;)

My thoughts on some of the comments are:

Re: why he came home early: Why not? It was a Friday. Come home early, work from home, pick your kid up from the bus stop, start your weekend. My husband goes in to the office late, comes home early, etc. all the time. Sometimes for no reason other than because he feels like it, or he wants to avoid traffic, or he just wants to be home with his family. This does not seem weird at all to me.

Re: Vagueness about doctor's appointment: I suspect this is probably important to the investigation. Other possibilities could be that the doctor's office wasn't really clear on the appointment time. We don't know what kind of doctor this is, or what type of appointment this was for. Maybe the receptionist/scheduler is new and penciled in two appointments. Maybe there was nothing written down, but the scheduler remembers talking to Terri about setting up appointments. It could be a drop-in type of situation where no appointment is really necessary - just call a day or so in advance and go in so long as there's an opening (I have several doctors like this), or it could have been a set of appointments scheduled in advance, but some of them were missed.

Good point. Some other possibilities:

1. Maybe it was a father/son trip
2. Traveling with a 19-month old does not make for the smoothest vacation. There are some people out there who hold off traveling with their kids (especially flying if they have to) until they are older and there is better communication/understanding between the parent and child.

If i may add:

3. Terri had no interest in going - if she suspected he was unfaithful and 'hurt' her, why would she want to go on vacation with him?

im done for tonight.

i really need to like take a year off for this case cause it's not helping my blood pressure at all

look all i want right now is kyron to be found and these bizarre 'question and answers' where he finally bothers to tell people that kyron is allergic to bee stings (a month late) and now this are not getting us anywhere

If they think that he is alive, then they are giving THAT person some info the person may not know.

Almost sounds like a game of cat and mouse between LE and the attorney, with Kaine as the morsel tossed between the two! ;)

What I meant was Kaine is providing enough fodder for her attorney to cross-examine at trial, if it comes to that. HE should have a criminal attorney to protect him as well.

My thoughts on some of the comments are:

Re: why he came home early: Why not? It was a Friday. Come home early, work from home, pick your kid up from the bus stop, start your weekend. My husband goes in to the office late, comes home early, etc. all the time. Sometimes for no reason other than because he feels like it, or he wants to avoid traffic, or he just wants to be home with his family. This does not seem weird at all to me.

Re: Vagueness about doctor's appointment: I suspect this is probably important to the investigation. Other possibilities could be that the doctor's office wasn't really clear on the appointment time. We don't know what kind of doctor this is, or what type of appointment this was for. It could be a drop-in type of situation where no appointment is really necessary - just call a day or so in advance and go in so long as there's an opening (I have several doctors like this), or it could have been a set of appointments scheduled in advance, but some of them were missed.

Another thing that just occurred to be regarding the appt. It was an appointment with a minor, which may fall under Dr/Patient privileges? Even if there is no minor involved, it may still fall under that. Anyone else have thoughts/knowledge on this?

I haven't read or seen any specific reason why he was home that afternoon.

I'm sorry, I know you don't want to hear theories, but I think it's important to mention. Many corporations (specifically IT companies) freely offer work from home/telecommute options. Most people take advantage of this on FRIDAY afternoons. Very, very common.

Yes, Intel allows employees to work from home. You can read about Intel's work-from-home options here:
http://www.intel.com/lifeatintel/ger/lifework/
Here is a quote from an Intel employee on that web page: "As a working mother if I need to be at home, I can work from home. Intel gives me that freedom."

Most likely, Kaine simply worked in the office in the morning, then left to finish the day 'working from home' aka telecommuting. He probably did this every Friday, especially in summer.

Excellent points; I wish we knew the facts. He did not stop over to see the Science Fair exhibits, for example. Thanks!

I believe this falls in line with what Kaine said at the bizarro press conference last week - didn't he say they would be releasing updates on Mondays and Thursdays?

Kaine seems far more forthcoming with information in this. Um...mostly to give HIS whereabouts, but I'm not complaining. Anything is better than "no comment."

Terri was already in the house, on her laptop....

Why was that important enough to mention? Terri could have been doing anything when he arrived home, i.e., painting her nails, eating a burrito.. But to specifically mention her being on her laptop at that hour is very interesting. *raising an eyebrow*
He also specifically mentioned he "grabbed some food"
Perhaps he is just recounting details.

A: He was supposed to be in California on vacation with his dad visiting friends – swimming, BBQ’ing, playing mini-golf, going to the water slides, a possible trip to the races, visiting to Monterey, and watching fireworks/celebrating the 4th of July with everyone.​

I take from it that it was not planned to be a "family" vacation or am I misinterpreting it?
Sounds to me like it wasn't planned that TH would be going.

Maybe he meant with his Dad vs with his Mom (Desiree) who had separate vacations planned. I am pretty sure Terri wouldn't have been left behind. Why? Not like she had to be at work.

A: He was supposed to be in California on vacation with his dad visiting friends – swimming, BBQ’ing, playing mini-golf, going to the water slides, a possible trip to the races, visiting to Monterey, and watching fireworks/celebrating the 4th of July with everyone.​

I take from it that it was not planned to be a "family" vacation or am I misinterpreting it?
Sounds to me like it wasn't planned that TH would be going.

Maybe it was just going to be Kyron and Kaine. Or (more likely, imo) Desiree wrote the answer to this question and couldn't bring herself to mention Terri.

Another thing that just occurred to be regarding the appt. It was an appointment with a minor, which may fall under Dr/Patient privileges? Even if there is no minor involved, it may still fall under that. Anyone else have thoughts/knowledge on this?

Technically it would, but this is a minor, so selected adults would be spoken to--course, how does the dr office nurse know who is calling? Unless there is a *problem* parent, the office would be kid-centered and supply info to those introducing themselves as parents in general.

A parent has the right to their child's medical records.

this is a jmo of course. but of course since it doesnt apply to the common theories, i look like an idiot

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and it doesn't make one look like an idiot IMO!
Keep voicing your opinion cuz I want to hear it :)

If they think that he is alive, then they are giving THAT person some info the person may not know.

well if its terri or someone holding kyron for her, i think that person would know already?

ok thats my last post tonight, i swear :)

Excellent points; I wish we knew the facts. He did not stop over to see the Science Fair exhibits, for example. Thanks!

Maybe he had meetings in the office that morning? Even with ability to work from home, you still need to go into the office sometimes (for presentations, deadlines, meetings, etc.). It sounds like he'd already seen Kyron's exhibit (he helped him with it), so why take time away from work to go see it again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23