Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am watching the 5:00 news on KGW and the local reporter was asking DY and KH questions.

To add to the previously mentioned comments about the strange way KH phrased things...it was stated that TH, KH and the daughter went to meet Kyron at the bus. Right after that statement, KH said "I was there when the initial news came".

Huh?

I really haven't wanted to/don't like pointing fingers but that struck me as strange and not natural. Detached. Instead of saying something like "Yes, I went to meet Kyron at the bus and he wasn't there", he says "I was there when the initial news came". Seems so disconnected from the events.

The other thing that has been rolling around in my brain today, comes from a wife's POV. I'm widowed now, but if people were looking at me as a potential suspect in the case of my missing step-son, and my husband didn't loudly and vigorously defend me when asked about me on national TV....I'd be pretty irked. Instead of the bland, evasive, strange responses that KH gave, I'd want my husband letting the public know how devastated I am AND that he knows for darn sure that I had nothing to do with the disappearence, so please stop attacking my wife! KWIM?

Right now my feeling is that the person who is responsible for Kyron's vanishing is someone who is known to Kyron...and I also think that some family members know more than they are saying (publicly, and maybe privately).

The thing that impressed me the most is when Kaine was talking about Terri doing everything she can do to help the investigators find Kyron. When he was talking, Desiree was nodding her head in a strong affirmative.

IMO

I am watching the 5:00 news on KGW and the local reporter was asking DY and KH questions.

To add to the previously mentioned comments about the strange way KH phrased things...it was stated that TH, KH and the daughter went to meet Kyron at the bus. Right after that statement, KH said "I was there when the initial news came".

Huh?

I really haven't wanted to/don't like pointing fingers but that struck me as strange and not natural. Detached. Instead of saying something like "Yes, I went to meet Kyron at the bus and he wasn't there", he says "I was there when the initial news came". Seems so disconnected from the events.

The other thing that has been rolling around in my brain today, comes from a wife's POV. I'm widowed now, but if people were looking at me as a potential suspect in the case of my missing step-son, and my husband didn't loudly and vigorously defend me when asked about me on national TV....I'd be pretty irked. Instead of the bland, evasive, strange responses that KH gave, I'd want my husband letting the public know how devastated I am AND that he knows for darn sure that I had nothing to do with the disappearence, so please stop attacking my wife! KWIM?

Right now my feeling is that the person who is responsible for Kyron's vanishing is someone who is known to Kyron...and I also think that some family members know more than they are saying (publicly, and maybe privately).

I agree with the not defending the wife part.

If he is very bright, he may be used to speaking in a very academic manner. His words may simply bee the way that he always speaks-very professor- ish.

That seemed odd to me. I thought LE always takes the computers in cases like this.

Maybe they decided not to give them up without a warrant and LE didn't have sufficient probable cause to get one.

I am thinking they really dont have any probable cause to get a search warrant for the computers.

IMO

I agree with the not defending the wife part.

If he is very bright, he may be used to speaking in a very academic manner. His words may simply bee the way that he always speaks-very professor- ish.

I think because the police has stressed to him he is not to discuss anything about the case he makes his answers very technical and does not ad lib.

I got no indication from him or Desiree that they think Terri is guilty of anything.

IMO

The other members of the family were quite possibly "off-base" for these interviews, I noticed. The other children, Tony, and Terri as well.

No one asked how the other children were doing...

Thinking there were some groundrules...

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/parents_of_kyron_horman_to_app.html

This article has some interesting comments about Kyron and stranger danger....

This quote from that article really stood out for me:

Kyron is well-versed in "stranger danger," his parents said, but because he has some trouble following directions in school, they have worked with him on listening to teachers and parents in a school setting.

That says to me that it is possible, that if someone was able to present as a teacher or other authority figure who belonged in the school that morning, Kyron may well have been a good boy and followed directions.

Think of the trouble adults have in defining "stranger." If someone said "I'm your substitute teacher today" would Kyron have known enough to question it?

To me this is by far the best interview. Very informative. What a he## those parents are going through.

Raw: Kyron's parents; full interview

http://www.kgw.com/video/featured-videos/Raw-Kyrons-parents-full-interview-97177194.html

I think what this "raw" interview did for me was to humanize both bio parents in a way that even tho' I'm sure their going into this interview was somewhat thought out ahead of time of what they were & weren't going to say...there is no way you couldn't feel their "raw" pain and I also have to say the feeling of unity was very strong as well. What I mean about that is that they are both united to see that whatever and whoever caused their child, Kyron to be missing...will be punished.

:waitasec: Interesting point...at this stage though it seems like anything could be possible..who knows...it could also be something really simple like the poor kid just wandered off and fell into a drain or something.. ( sounds crazy but it has happened before to a little irish girl last year in Australia..they even released a false suspect report of a spanish ''looking'' lady (I think) who was 'seen' with her...she just got stuck in a drain near her house and everyone thought it was a child abduction...so tragic :(

Edit: Asian suspect not Spanish..sorry!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Aisling_Symes

It was actually in New Zealand..not Australia :)

re: Kaine "not defending the wife"

I can see how one would wonder about that. I can think of a few things (okay, more than a few things) why Kaine would choose not to dance that tango at this time:

1) Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

2) Probably would be worse if he made an issue of it. So, less damned if he doesn't. (The rule of no new fodder creation.)

3) He did his best to express his confidence in Terri's cooperation and her desire to help them find Kyron too.

4) LE is obligated to look very hard at the last seen and the last family member responsible - he's a logical guy, a process guy - he gets that, Desiree gets that, in fact, they're all just fine with that. So why shouldn't everyone else be?

5) LE won't talk about Terri's process in this investigation in any way. Investigation of Terri (or any of them) is on the "no talkie" list. Kaine decides wisely not to talk about Terri, to avoid making any disclosure or misstatement error.

6) Kaine & Desiree actually are not privy to any of the investigation details, including Terri's performance in interviews and lie detectors.

7) Hello! - Kaine was HOME during the time of opportunity
(this would bring to mind the "stay away from the parents as perps" line of questioning entirely game plan)

8) Kaine's alibi is an 18 month old, possibly, if even that. That's not much alibi. Perhaps he has work alibi's - as in skype, conference calls, business phone records, cell phone records, home computer usage...although, he IS a programmer... (I'd have thought LE would have his computer by now - to verify usage during the afternoon at home, myself)

9) Kaine/Terri are on that list of those that need to be cleared themselves.

10) Focus on Kyron is the point of this media blitz. Don't even open the Terri door to any media...or that could change in a heartbeat. Focus on Kyron - no pictures of Terri - Focus on Kyron.
Don't even put Terri's pictures out there for social media commentary.

11) Overall Game plan - No distractions from message. Stay on message.

12) Kaine isn't worried about Terri, and he doesn't care if gossipers are, he cares what LE thinks about finding Kyron. He's logical. Private. Focused on the process, not the noise.

13) Desiree and Tony aren't worried about Terri, they do care if Social Media focuses on Terri at the expense of FINDING Kyron - Desiree has stepped it up to make the Terri noise go away.

14) National Media time is precious and valuable. Sound bites must be on point. Politely refusing to spend any interview time on anything other than KYRON is efficient and brilliant.

15) Spending this valuable time defending those who you know did not take/kill Kyron is not a good use of the time.

16) The professionals helping them manage this monster told them Don't talk about Terri.

:cow: IMO

oh, which reminds me - the SO brother of Kaine?
He's on two lists: "Groundrules" and "no talkie"

I am thinking they really dont have any probable cause to get a search warrant for the computers.

IMO

...or perhaps don't want to tip their hand at this point?

Kaine talked about many hours & hours of interviews into even this week. My interpretation of that, as being non-invasive or positive to aid in the investigation so to speak, whereas we heard from the TH's friend paraphrasing TH's frustration and they need to look elsewhere, she has told them everything" that sort of thing. I found it interesting two people going through the same interviews/household disruptions etc., yet totally different attitudes.

I know this is probably not at all what she is really feeling, but one quote is that "honestly, I am a little scared at this point..."

A little scared? Maybe that is the only way she can even verablize anything close to what must be going through her mind, all types of scenarios? I am not saying it is "off" in any way, just an understatement of tremendous proportions I would think...

I totally identified with her at that point. If this happened to me, I know I'd be denying to myself that I was feeling anything but hopeful, optimistic, completely certain my baby boy was coming home tomorrow.

In an emergency, one of the ways I hold it together is by refusing to acknowledge or give in to my fear, pessimism, grief, panic, anxiety or anything like that. I focus on what I have to do to make things okay again.

Then, when the emergency is over, I'm a useless puddle of human being, crying, shaking and finally admitting "OMG I was so scared I couldn't breathe."

In such an emergency, where I felt it was crucial for me to keep on going, I'd do anything, including telling everyone BIG FAT LIES about my internal emotional state so I could keep going. It's not hard to do because I am busy telling myself those same big fat lies.

I'm amazed she could even admit to being "a little scared." I totally wouldn't unless I was convinced that there was nothing I could do and no hope left at all.

re: Kaine "not defending the wife"

I can see how one would wonder about that. I can think of a few things (okay, more than a few things) why Kaine would choose not to dance that tango at this time:

1) Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

2) Probably would be worse if he made an issue of it. So, less damned if he doesn't. (The rule of no new fodder creation.)

3) He did his best to express his confidence in Terri's cooperation and her desire to help them find Kyron too.

4) LE is obligated to look very hard at the last seen and the last family member responsible - he's a logical guy, a process guy - he gets that, Desiree gets that, in fact, they're all just fine with that. So why shouldn't everyone else be?

5) LE won't talk about Terri's process in this investigation in any way. Investigation of Terri (or any of them) is on the "no talkie" list. Kaine decides wisely not to talk about Terri, to avoid making any disclosure or misstatement error.

6) Kaine & Desiree actually are not privy to any of the investigation details, including Terri's performance in interviews and lie detectors.

7) Hello! - Kaine was HOME during the time of opportunity
(this would bring to mind the "stay away from the parents as perps" line of questioning entirely game plan)

8) Kaine's alibi is an 18 month old, possibly, if even that. That's not much alibi. Perhaps he has work alibi's - as in skype, conference calls, business phone records, cell phone records, home computer usage...although, he IS a programmer... (I'd have thought LE would have his computer by now - to verify usage during the afternoon at home, myself)

9) Kaine/Terri are on that list of those that need to be cleared themselves.

10) Focus on Kyron is the point of this media blitz. Don't even open the Terri door to any media...or that could change in a heartbeat. Focus on Kyron - no pictures of Terri - Focus on Kyron.
Don't even put Terri's pictures out there for social media commentary.

11) Overall Game plan - No distractions from message. Stay on message.

12) Kaine isn't worried about Terri, and he doesn't care if gossipers are, he cares what LE thinks about finding Kyron. He's logical. Private. Focused on the process, not the noise.

13) Desiree and Tony aren't worried about Terri, they do care if Social Media focuses on Terri at the expense of FINDING Kyron - Desiree has stepped it up to make the Terri noise go away.

14) National Media time is precious and valuable. Sound bites must be on point. Politely refusing to spend any interview time on anything other than KYRON is efficient and brilliant.

15) Spending this valuable time defending those who you know did not take/kill Kyron is not a good use of the time.

16) The professionals helping them manage this monster told them Don't talk about Terri.

:cow: IMO

oh, which reminds me - the SO brother of Kaine?
He's on two lists: "Groundrules" and "no talkie"

As regards #5: How could "My wife is INNOCENT" result in a "disclosure" or "misstatement error"?

She either is or is not. If she is innocent, who could saying she is be "misstatement"?

As for "disclosing" that she is innocent, that shouldn't be problem, either. Unless they are using making her look guilty as 'bait' for someone else, as has been suggested.

I'm having a hard time seeing there it would be a problem to say that an innocent person is innocent. Especially when there has been a plea not to witch-hunt and point fingers.

BTW...there is never a "logical" reason for a parent (or step-parent) to kill a child. It still happens.

I suggest you watch the "raw" interview of DY & KH and then tell me if you feel the same way about KH. I saw nothing...not even for a split moment in his answers or his behavior on camera that would suggest he had anything but the best intentions for his son.

http://www.kgw.com/video?id=97177194&sec=547977

Exactly,I think he is a very composed person and you can see how the interviews were wearing on that and he was starting to show how he's really feeling.I felt so very sorry for him and Desiree.On top of thier child being missing,they are having to try and keep thier composure knowing every little detail of what they say and every blink of an eye is subject to scrutiny.But are doing all they can to keep thier son's face out in the public.As Kaine said,they went to thank all the searchers they could.There's always so much more than what we see or hear going on.

I've wondered about KH, too. There is a detachment there that bothers me. Yet, when I look at the photos of KH with his son, they seem really happy. I don't know. There is just this little niggling feeling that I have.

Some people are just like that, I have an uncle Kaine reminds me of. He's a very successful computer guy but doesn't have a clue how to connect with people. Doesn't mean those kind of people are capable of anything sinister. May have made him less likely to notice something strange was going on with his wife though, if she is the one responsible for Kyron's disappearance. Since we've learned that Kaine was definitely home during at least part of the afternoon Kyron went missing, and he was there to meet the bus, if TH is responsible then he probably had to miss changes in her demeanor. From seeing her at the full family press conference TH doesn't seem to be able to really mask her emotions.

Snarky but just what I expected. The media doesn't care about the victim's feelings, they care about getting a newsworthy reaction in order to boost ratings.

What the media carefully edits out of their footage in many such situations are the downright abusive things they will shout at victims just to get a story.

A friend of mine lost her twenty two year old son in a boating accident on a river with a dangerous current. There were eyewitnesses, it was clear it was not a crime and there was no doubt he'd gone into the water and hadn't come out. It was just a matter of searching downstream until his body was found.

The media was awful to her. They would shout things like "is it true that part of your son's body washed up today?" There was no such rumour, it was just something they made up hoping to get a big reaction out of her. Or "is it true that you had a big fight with your son and he actually committed suicide?"

They dug up every little thing they could about her family, like the father's DUI, her son's arrest five years before for marijuana possession, etc.

It was all just part of what they did to try to get "good" footage of the family.

This sounds less like "media" and more like the kind of papers one can buy at a check-out counter that also claim aliens plan to arrive tonight, on the south lawn. Wherever and whatever that means.

Your friend was treated unfairly but certainly you aren't comparing this personal story to a question a reporter asked today of Kyron's father. The "media" in this case have gone out of their way to reiterate that Terri is not an officially named suspect. I have read story after story where they even leave out facts that could be relevant to mention. Folks are being very cautious and patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme