Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey hey hey! Easssy!!! (I work in broadcast news... )

I can tell you that I've never known a reporter who would make up a rumour to a mother that just lost a child to try to get a reaction out of her. No way, no way. The hardest thing we do is ask bereaved parents for an interview. We all hate it. We have feelings too, honestly! Do you honestly think a reporter would shout out something abusive to a victim to get a reaction, and still have a job the next morning?

Not only do I think a reporter would ask a grieving mother if her son committed suicide and keep their job, I know it happened. I was standing right next to that mother when that reporter screamed that question in her face.

If we're guilty of anything, it's doing story after story about murder after murder, and after a while the names and faces blur into each other. And we do develop a thick skin to take punches and give them from time to time as well.

Your second sentence is so wrong! We do care about victims' feelings!

I am glad to hear that you would never ask a question like "was your son drunk? we know he had a drug problem, so was he on drugs?" to the grieving mother.

I can tell you, though, that not all media reporters share your tender sensibilities.

I sometimes miss the previous life (career) that I lost when I became disabled but you can sign me:

Glad I don't have to be a media *advertiser censored* any more

Haven't had a chance to read all the posts here but, I just wanted to share this link to a 20 minute "raw" interview with DY & KH. I thought that both bio parents did a great job in answering as many questions as were asked of them.

http://www.kgw.com/video/featured-videos/Raw-Kyrons-parents-full-interview-97177194.html

Thanks so much for the re-post. I am curious, B.D.Eyes, if after seeing the "raw" video your opinion of Kaine's emotional state changed. I tended to agree until this video and value your opinion.

So here is the deal. This is not a theory thread. Nor is is about discussion of sexual abuse. This is a thread about the family speaking to the media. I'm not sure what got into everyone but the last time I checked this is what the rules say.

We are not sleuthing family members. We can discuss information released by the main stream media regarding TH only at this time.

Do NOT start posting about resumes, schools attended, organizations that the family members belong to, bra size or anything else of that nature.

Kaine is a family member. Get your remarks that don't meet the rules fixed now.

Someone show me a link that discusses what I'm reading in here about Kaine. :nono:
Fix your posts! And get back on topic.

Here you go. Stay on topic. This is not a rumor thread nor a theory thread.

Discuss the family appearances on the news today.

the 20 minutes of raw interview is interesting.
Kaine's face and expression reminds me a lot of my husband when he is very emotional and trying not to cry. Although my husband would not be able able to hold the crying for that long.

The last few minutes of interview Kaine is asked about the facebook comments about going to the gym and he responds saying he is only aware of ones made prior to Kyron missing. That since he has been missing he is not aware of any further postings. He seems very annoyed with this question, defensive.

http://www.kgw.com/video?id=97177194&sec=547977

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107714"]66/25/2010 Interviews Kyron's parents #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

New thread stay On Topic.

Several key things I took from the inteview pertaining to Kyron were his fear to be without his glasses, the rules set down for following the directions of a parent or teacher while at school, his shyness, and lastly the information on how he waits in bed in the morning until someone actually comes and get him up.
Very good interview, such strong people, he is very lucky to have these two for parents. God bless them.

Several key things I took from the inteview pertaining to Kyron were his fear to be without his glasses, the rules set down for following the directions of a parent or teacher while at school, his shyness, and lastly the information on how he waits in bed in the morning until someone actually comes and get him up.
Very good interview, such strong people, he is very lucky to have these two for parents. God bless them.

yes, very good points.

It is so interesting to hear about his personality and to realize just how different people are. My daughter wears glasses and could care less sometimes if she has them on or not. She is fearless and outgoing (to the point she terrifies me sometimes)

It is so interesting to hear how reserved and shy he is. How nervous he got without them.

As to the 8:50 "HER" daughter someone heard: I listened to this interview again and distinctly heard that he went with her (meaning wife) and OUR daughter.

As to the 8:50 "HER" daughter someone heard: I listened to this interview again and distinctly heard that he went with her (meaning wife) and OUR daughter.

yes me too. I head OUR daughter. but slurred.

yes me too. I head OUR daughter. but slurred.

I do have hearing problems, thanks for listening to it :). It sounded like "her" to me, but my hearing is suspect.

I'm still listening to the video, but I heard her daughter...strange!
I thought it is their daughter.

He also stated he was at home; working from home at noon.

One weird thing from the raw interview was both of them commenting about the talent show on June 4. They indicated that they didn't know about it before he went missing and that it is only rumor and speculation as to whether or not he was supposed to be in it. WTF? Three weeks later and they don't know if he was supposed to be in the talent show??? It seems like the talent show was hidden from them. As to why they are not interested in conclusively knowing whether or not he was to appear in it and they were never told is amazingly weird to me.

One weird thing from the raw interview was both of them commenting about the talent show on June 4. They indicated that they didn't know about it before he went missing and that it is only rumor and speculation as to whether or not he was supposed to be in it. WTF? Three weeks later and they don't know if he was supposed to be in the talent show??? It seems like the talent show was hidden from them. As to why they are not interested in conclusively knowing whether or not he was to appear in it and they were never told is amazingly weird to me.

I agree. very weird. especially because if he was supposed to be there and the teachers didn't react right away when he wasn't, that is a major issue... of course unless he was already excused for the day.

someone actually made a thread about this
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107709"]How do we know Kyron was due to take part in the Talent Show? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3