Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Re: The new pic of her in the PJ's - here:
13090017-mmmain.jpg

I found a caption for it on a website - it said:

"The Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office released a new photo, right, of Ahlittia in the gray tank top and pink pajama pants that she was wearing when last seen on Friday night. The photo was taken at a grocery store before she went missing."

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2013/07/jpso_expands_search_for_missin.html

Did some perp follow them home from the store?

Thx GGE you answered my question about the clothing!

Those new photos... are they surveillance photos of Ahlitta after she was reported missing? Are those the clothes she was suspected of wearing?

ETA: Because she's in a hotel lobby, and then an elevator. :( Please let those be old photos.

It's the outfit that she was wearing .

I'm guessing some time before but that's just MOO because I'd expect them to be asking questions and requesting sightings wherever that photo was taken if it was after her disappearance.

Edit: I see the answer is above.

From my link above:

"The Sheriff's Office also released new photos of Ahlittia in the gray tank top and pink pajama bottoms she was wearing when last seen by her mother, Lisa North, 20, and stepfather, Albert Hill, 46. Fortunato said the photographic stills were taken as the family shopped at a local grocery store about 10:45 p.m. Friday.

The family returned to their apartment and went to bed about 11 p.m
. When North and Hill awoke the next morning, Ahlittia was gone and the front door was unlocked. Hill was the first to notice something was out of place when he went to brush his teeth for work. The toothpaste was gone, he said."

Much more at link

ETA:

"Ahlittia's mother said she is a very bubbly and friendly girl, but she's not the sort to just wander off on her own. "She's afraid of the dark. This happened at night. She wouldn't just go outside," North said."

<snip>

"She lived with relatives in Donaldsonville, the home of her biological father, for two years.

"I called him and asked him if he had her," said North, who indicated that Ahlittia's father denied taking her. "I really, I needed to ask him to make sure. Anything could have happened."

Fortunato confirmed that the Sheriff's Office performed polygraph examinations on North, Hill and Ahlittia's biological father. "We have no reason to believe they were untruthful," he said."

Re: The new pic of her in the PJ's - here:
13090017-mmmain.jpg

I found a caption for it on a website - it said:

"The Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office released a new photo, right, of Ahlittia in the gray tank top and pink pajama pants that she was wearing when last seen on Friday night. The photo was taken at a grocery store before she went missing."

Thanks for posting the link. That's what Fortunato meant last night when he said by checking with area businesses, they confirmed the family had gone home around 11 pm, or words to that effect.

It makes me very uncomfortable that its a queen size comforter that is missing. I thought it was her blanket, like a "blankie" that she would be able to carry, but I have trouble wrestling my queen size comforter. That makes me feel like an adult had to have taken it from her room, not that she took it downstairs or outside with her.

I hate the thought, but perhaps law enforcement noticed that there was a blanket missing from the bed, and the mother and/or stepfather claimed it went missing with Ahlitta. This case is really bizarre to me; I don't really know what to think or believe right now.

From my link above:

"The Sheriff's Office also released new photos of Ahlittia in the gray tank top and pink pajama bottoms she was wearing when last seen by her mother, Lisa North, 20, and stepfather, Albert Hill, 46. Fortunato said the photographic stills were taken as the family shopped at a local grocery store about 10:45 p.m. Friday.

. When North and Hill awoke the next morning, Ahlittia was gone and the front door was unlocked. Hill was the first to notice something was out of place when he went to brush his teeth for work. The toothpaste was gone, he said."

Much more at link

BBM..... ok, so at 10:45, they were at the grocery store, and in 15 minutes they had returned home, unloaded and put away purchases, locked all doors, brushed teeth, potty one last time, and everyone was tucked in bed at 11pm? They would have to live right next to the grocery store?

If this is all correct, I need pointers from this mama. It takes about an hour of stalling, complaining, I-can't-find-my-iPad-charger whining, plus all the nightly rituals. I can't imagine breaking it down to 15 minutes, much less from the time I was at the grocery store!

3. Is it common for LE to name a poi just because he was connected to another crime (and by just because I don't mean to belittle his other victim) and lived in the area? I mean, wouldn't that just fall under "we've interviewed all rso's in the area"? Maybe he is missing too?

They haven't been able to interview him, he is wanted for that other crime.

Authorities have also identified a person of interest in the case, though they admit he may not have anything to do with the disappearance of the little girl, who has been missing since Saturday morning.
Matthew Flugence, 20, is wanted for the alleged sexual battery of an 11-year-old Harvey girl that occurred late in April or May, said Col. John Fortunato, spokesman for the Sheriff's Office. Investigators came across his name while researching registered sex offenders that live near Ahlittia's apartment in the 2900 block of Destrehan Avenue in Harvey.

The sexual battery case is unrelated to Ahlittia's disappearance, Fortunato said. But because of the similarities between the victim and the missing Harvey girl, investigators want to speak with Flugence to see if he has any information.

From my link above:

Much more at link

ETA:

"Ahlittia's mother said she is a very bubbly and friendly girl, but she's not the sort to just wander off on her own. "She's afraid of the dark. This happened at night. She wouldn't just go outside," North said."

<snip>

"She lived with relatives in Donaldsonville, the home of her biological father, for two years.

"I called him and asked him if he had her," said North, who indicated that Ahlittia's father denied taking her. "I really, I needed to ask him to make sure. Anything could have happened."

Fortunato confirmed that the Sheriff's Office performed polygraph examinations on North, Hill and Ahlittia's biological father. "We have no reason to believe they were untruthful," he said."

BBM--Do we know this? That it happened at night?

Even though they've named a POI here Fortunato sounds pretty much like they have nothing.

Also Monday, detectives interviewed registered sex offenders in the area and looked for stolen cars using license plate detection cameras.

'We've reviewed license plates, we've reviewed vehicles time and time again of every single car in hopes of finding one clue or just getting one hit that can lead us in a certain direction," says Col. John Fortunato with JPSO.

Deputies even searched the trash around the apartments, in case the missing items had been thrown away. But so far nothing tells investigators where Ahlittia could be and now the family's heartache is compounded.

Ahlittia's aunt passed away early Monday morning.

"I can't bear no more," says Hill. "I'm trying to be strong for my family because everybody's breaking down and if I break down, then who's gonna be the strong one?'
http://www.fox8live.com/story/22847163/stepfather-worries-as-search-for-missing-girl-continues

From my link above:

Much more at link

ETA:

<snip>

Wow! Video in a store at 10:45. Home and in bed by 11:00? Where is this store?

BBM..... ok, so at 10:45, they were at the grocery store, and in 15 minutes they had returned home, unloaded and put away purchases, locked all doors, brushed teeth, potty one last time, and everyone was tucked in bed at 11pm? They would have to live right next to the grocery store?

If this is all correct, I need pointers from this mama. It takes about an hour of stalling, complaining, I-can't-find-my-iPad-charger whining, plus all the nightly rituals. I can't imagine breaking it down to 15 minutes, much less from the time I was at the grocery store!

Yes! I was trying to figure that out. I'm guessing the store was the Walmart on Manhattan because of the color surveillance. And Walmart lines are rarely short. Do they live in Woodmere itself?

Yes! I was trying to figure that out. I'm guessing the store was the Walmart on Manhattan because of the color surveillance. And Walmart lines are rarely short. Do they live in Woodmere itself?

Her address is in the 2900 block of Destrehan Avenue in Harvey.

That particular store (if it was that one) is 8-11 minutes away by car.

They haven't been able to interview him, he is wanted for that other crime.

Rsbm-okay, but I guess I'm just thinking that it seems like a pretty aggressive stance to go right in and name him a POI. I wonder if there are more similarities to the cases than they are telling us? I've just never seen LE name someone a POI just based on being an rso, or an s.o or a suspected s.o.

Am I making sense?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back