LA - Ahlittia North, 6, abducted & murdered, Harvey, 13 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM..... ok, so at 10:45, they were at the grocery store, and in 15 minutes they had returned home, unloaded and put away purchases, locked all doors, brushed teeth, potty one last time, and everyone was tucked in bed at 11pm? They would have to live right next to the grocery store?

If this is all correct, I need pointers from this mama. It takes about an hour of stalling, complaining, I-can't-find-my-iPad-charger whining, plus all the nightly rituals. I can't imagine breaking it down to 15 minutes, much less from the time I was at the grocery store!

Thank you for typing out exactly what I was thinking! You saved me alot of time! :)

He's not even in the registry, so all they have him for is the crime with the 11 year old. And we know nothing about that case, so it may just be a coincidence.

I can't even imagine having the children in bed 15 minutes later, but the whole family? So, they were seen in the grocery store at 10:45. What happened next? Did they leave the store as soon as the video was taken and made it home and were all in bed sound asleep 15 minutes later?! I could see them getting home in 15 minutes but finish shopping and all of them in bed, lights out, and sound asleep in 15 minutes is hard to comprehend. Maybe the family wasn't sure of the time they went to bed and said "around 11" and media is reporting it as 11. Maybe it was later, but no one ever looked at the time so they were guessing the time.

I'm liking the idea someone mentioned way back a few pages that has the perp more coaxing/luring her instead of just grabbing her and causing a panic. " go get your toothbrush and stuff, it's a sleepover' ,etc. It has to be someone the family knows, a neighbor , someone from the neighborhood or an extended family member, someone she would not feel nervous about going with and someone who KNEW her other family member's names enough to get her to go. Something like ' I'm taking you to aunt susie's, cousin lisa's, granny's house,' and she just grabbed her things and go and maybe they even said SHHH it's a secret and she thought it would be a fun secret adventure. :( Oh heart sick. Come on baby girl , where are you ?

They haven't been able to interview him, he is wanted for that other crime.

Rsbm-okay, but I guess I'm just thinking that it seems like a pretty aggressive stance to go right in and name him a POI. I wonder if there are more similarities to the cases than they are telling us? I've just never seen LE name someone a POI just based on being an rso, or an s.o or a suspected s.o.

Am I making sense?

Yeah, it seems like the sort of thing that could get innocent people lynched in the worst case scenario. Not that he sounds like a good guy but he hasn't been convicted yet, so...

He might have known Ahlitta or the family or maybe his family lives very close or his car has been seen parked on the street or.... ?

Jefferson Parish authorities will continue search for missing 6-year-old through the night

Location of apartment in the 2900 block of Destrehan Ave, Harvey, LA.

Map from Walmat on Manahattan to apartment on Destrehan Ave.

6nea.jpg

AHLITTA NORTH, 6
:bump:

And for the doubters, Fortunato himself said JPSO confirmed the family was home about 11 pm. I can't link it because I heard it on the 10:00 news last night.

Yes! I was trying to figure that out. I'm guessing the store was the Walmart on Manhattan because of the color surveillance. And Walmart lines are rarely short. Do they live in Woodmere itself?

yes this is Woodmere and its not a Walmart but a Quicky Mart (run in run out) on the corner

I can't even imagine having the children in bed 15 minutes later, but the whole family? So, they were seen in the grocery store at 10:45. What happened next? Did they leave the store as soon as the video was taken and made it home and were all in bed sound asleep 15 minutes later?! I could see them getting home in 15 minutes but finish shopping and all of them in bed, lights out, and sound asleep in 15 minutes is hard to comprehend. Maybe the family wasn't sure of the time they went to bed and said "around 11" and media is reporting it as 11. Maybe it was later, but no one ever looked at the time so they were guessing the time.
Sound asleep??

What a confusing case. There are things which point to her being lured, IMO, but she wouldn't take a queen sized comforter on her own. But would a stranger come inside?

The family returned to their apartment and went to bed about 11 p.m.

I think this might be interpreted as "the family returned home about 11 pm and started getting ready for bed. Children could be very tired , skip the normal bedtime routines and go straight to bed after a late night shopping trip (it sounds like Ahlitta was sleeping in her day clothes) but it would likely have been a little later when the parents were asleep.

https://local.nixle.com/alert/5033489/

Can a local tell us how far Donaldsonville is from Harvey? This article says she lived in Donaldsonville for 2 years before moving in with her mother and step-father. I wonder how familiar or unfamiliar she is with the area in which she's living/from which she disappeared?

yes this is Woodmere and its not a Walmart but a Quicky Mart (run in run out) on the corner

Thanks! I'll put it on the map when I find it.
http://goo.gl/maps/EOqEb

edit - the nearest one I can find is almost five miles away. Can you help me figure out the address? Thanks.

Can a local tell us how far Donaldsonville is from Harvey? This article says she lived in Donaldsonville for 2 years before moving in with her mother and step-father. I wonder how familiar or unfamiliar she is with the area in which she's living/from which she disappeared?
Donaldsonville is about 75 miles from Harvey, LA.

google maps says 1 hr 15 min drive.

Okay perhaps 11 is an estimate. I don't remember if I was in bed last night at 10:19 PM or maybe 10:38, but it was during the 10 o'clock hour. Family may have made a quick run for a dozen of eggs and tampons. Random, but wouldn't require unloading sacks of groceries. If it were a super late last minute trip then getting home and getting in bed ASAP may not be unreasonable, even if that was really at 11:13pm. I'm guessing surveillance gives the most accurate timestamp.

It's not suspicious in my opinion.

Here are the things that concern me:

1. Dad says he locked door and burglar bars before going to bed. Door was found unlocked (I think they said open, but does that mean open open or just unlocked?), and there were no signs of forced entry.

-perp had keys?
-perp convinced Ahitta to open door?
-perp was already in the house

2. Queen size comforter missing from Ahlitta's bed.

-why? If you're going to snatch a kid, it's in and out

3. Toothpaste and toothbrush missing

-now that's just bizarre

4. The poi Matthew Flugence. This is sticking with me that they just named him straight away like that-there has to be a reason.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip
Back