LA - Ahlittia North, 6, abducted & murdered, Harvey, 13 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was posting to some other thread that wasn't the main thread. I guess I need to get caught up.

I still feel so badly for this little girl that there is so little media coverage. When an identical situation occurred in Northridge, CA (10yr old disappeared from home overnight, no sign of forced entry, no sign of foul play) there was Amber Alert, round the clock news coverage, etc.

I hate to think it's because of race/socioeconomics. She's a six year old baby, she isn't out partying!

how the heck did I miss that part, when I quoted two paragraphs before and after it?? :facepalm:
I think they edited the story, or its a slightly different story, or I can't see my hand in front of my face.

Regarding what jenlag said above about possible noise that would drown out the sound of the door or whatever other noises there could have been....maybe even snoring....I know my dad snored so loud it would drown out the sound of a jet engine.

I know a lot of people with window air conditioners who just keep them on low all night. Some of them can be pretty noisy too.

Does LN have other children? This link has her saying the POI has babysat "her kids" before. Also, I'm hoping it was before they knew about the sexual battery of an 11 year old.

parent holding a young baby in video.

I really hope I'm wrong, but this is reminding me too much of Shaniya Davis...

Does LN have other children? This link has her saying the POI has babysat "her kids" before. Also, I'm hoping it was before they knew about the sexual battery of an 11 year old.

Yes, according to her personal social networking websites, she has a son who would be approximately 2 years old now.

I was posting to some other thread that wasn't the main thread. I guess I need to get caught up.

I still feel so badly for this little girl that there is so little media coverage. When an identical situation occurred in Northridge, CA (10yr old disappeared from home overnight, no sign of forced entry, no sign of foul play) there was Amber Alert, round the clock news coverage, etc.

I hate to think it's because of race/socioeconomics. She's a six year old baby, she isn't out partying!

I think it is too early to make a call in this case to be honest. It seems LE may have a possible POI. Just my experience & opinion...LE will only be vocal (bottom line) if they need the public's help so to speak.

I would like to also follow the case you are referring to in Northridge, CA, what is her name? TYIA.

Could a perp have grabbed a random toothbrush and toothpaste because he wanted the victim to remove DNA from her mouth after an assault? :( That's the only (albiet horrifying) reason I can think to just randomly grab the wrong toothbrush and toothpaste.

I could get in that sliding patio door in under 60 seconds. Why mess with a metal security door to get in? And if she was in the living room watching TV - anyone walking through the back of the building could see her. Back yard is wall enclosed. Straight shot from back door through living room and out the front door.

You could be correct, but I cannot imagine the "man of the house" making a point to keep the front door(s) so secure and not taking precautions with a sliding patio door. In the home we lived in prior to our current house, there was a bolt at the top of the sliding glass door that prevented it from being opened from the outside; additionally, we had a thick, dowell shaped piece of wood that was placed along the bottom door track which kept it from being opened. MOO.

I think it is too early to make a call in this case to be honest. It seems LE may have a possible POI. Just my experience & opinion...LE will only be vocal (bottom line) if they need the public's help so to speak.

I would like to also follow the case you are referring to in Northridge, CA, what is her name? TYIA.

If it was the nephew, I bet he lured her with a sleepover..."bring your blankie and toothbrush..."

You could be correct, but I cannot imagine the "man of the house" making a point to keep the front door(s) so secure and not taking precautions with a sliding patio door. In the home we lived in prior to our current house, there was a bolt at the top of the sliding glass door that prevented it from being opened from the outside; additionally, we had a thick, dowell shaped piece of wood that was placed along the bottom door track which kept it from being opened. MOO.

I wrote this before it was posted POI is a nephew, but you can see the poor condition of the apartments. I also stated the windows are another source of easy entry- you can also see those by doing a 360* view on the map.

With a relative/former babysitter as a POI- none of it matters to me anymore...BUT

If your sliding door or window can be lifted more than a quarter or half inch, it’s probably very vulnerable: “locking devices” that prevent the unit from sliding, but don’t stop it from being lifted create a very false sense of security. So the wood dowel you have in the track of these units should be removed and a pin style lock should be installed

http://www.rosieonthehouse.com/faq_detail.aspx?id=1186

I wrote this before it was posted POI is a nephew, but you can see the poor condition of the apartments. I also stated the windows are another source of easy entry- you can also see those by doing a 360* view on the map.

With a relative/former babysitter as a POI- none of it matters to me anymore...

I totally missed this possible POI was a relative...UGGGHH. Looks like LE has investigated & this is where it it is leading JMO.

Here are the guidelines to the Louisiana Amber Alert system. Amber Alerts typically require confirmed abductions. As you may notice, most amber alerts include the description of the abductor, vehicle etc.

There are guidelines for issuing the alert when the situation doesn't meet the standard guidelines. However, if police have leads, they may already know an amber alert isn't the answer. Media coverage is picking up, slowly. Unfortunately we do live in a society where socio economics plays a large role in the coverage of missing persons, regardless of race. People would find more interest in a politician or movie stars kid going missing than they do in poor baby Ahlittia. It's really repulsive.

Here's the link http://gohsep.la.gov/alert/AmberAlertPlan.pdf

With a relative/former babysitter as a POI- none of it matters to me anymore...BUT

If your sliding door or window can be lifted more than a quarter or half inch, it’s probably very vulnerable: “locking devices” that prevent the unit from sliding, but don’t stop it from being lifted create a very false sense of security. So the wood dowel you have in the track of these units should be removed and a pin style lock should be installed

http://www.rosieonthehouse.com/faq_detail.aspx?id=1186

The bolt thing I was trying to describe was a "pin style lock" that inserted at the top of the door.

That was the bolt thingy I was trying to describe--it inserted at the top of the door.

That was just an FYI for most- Those particular pins are most likely not in those apartments- or many other residences. Many advertised as a locking pin do not secure the door from being raised 1/4 to a 1/2 inch.

I cannot tell you how many use the wood dowel method and/or rely on the door lock. My neighbor is a US Marshall- I was amazed when he did a security check on my house when we first moved in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back