LA - Ahlittia North, 6, abducted & murdered, Harvey, 13 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, if we are looking at the nephew, it opens all sorts of possibilities regarding how he gained access. He had a key? He stole a key and had it copied? He knocked on door and said, "hey Ahlittia, its Uncle--open the door." I'm betting on the sleepover idea.

Now that we have the name right-Ahlittia-I have to say how beautiful it sounds when you say it.

Ahlittia.

Come home, baby

http://www.fox8live.com/story/22847163/stepfather-worries-as-search-for-missing-girl-continues

Monday evening, deputies identified 20-year-old Matthew Flugence as a person of interest in the missing girl case.

FOX 8 spoke Monday night with Ahlitta's mother, who tells us Flugence is actually her husband's nephew. Lisa North says Flugence has babysat her kids before, and she seemed surprised that Flugence was named a person of interest.

Maybe that is why LE is so QUIET? Sometimes it is what it is????

The news the the POI is dads nephew also opens up all kinds of doors in regards to finding him. They will talk to his family and friends. Learn of his handouts, habits, places. Maybe someone will have mercy on a young girl and will out him.

That is, if he is the one who took Ahlittia.

Does LN have other children? This link has her saying the POI has babysat "her kids" before. Also, I'm hoping it was before they knew about the sexual battery of an 11 year old.

In this video, Colonel John Fortunato mentions two other children.

he says "We were able to collaborate that information based on this video that they did in fact leave the supermarket . the little 6 yr old missing, the mother, the stepfather and and 2 additional children."

http://www.wwltv.com/video/featured...ght-for-questioning-215592451.html?autoplay=y

The news the the POI is dads nephew also opens up all kinds of doors in regards to finding him. They will talk to his family and friends. Learn of his handouts, habits, places. Maybe someone will have mercy on a young girl and will out him.

That is, if he is the one who took Ahlittia.

Grandma commented and identified herself in a comment on a wwltv article. She said it best in saying that if he has nothing to hide then why not come forward.

I totally missed this possible POI was a relative...UGGGHH. Looks like LE has investigated & this is where it it is leading JMO.

This is exactly what I was thinking after reading the updates today about the poi- before I even knew he was a relative. I just couldn't picture a 6 year old making it down the stairs with a queen sized comforter and toothpaste and a toothbrush in hand. I also couldn't imagine her getting out through a locked and possibly bolted door with all this in hand and somehow closing the door behind herself. I have trouble carrying a queen sized comforter to my washing machine down the hall.

My school has an annual safe environment workshop hosted by NOCAC ( New Orleans Children's Advocacy Center). We are reminded every year that the majority of child sexual abuse cases often involve a relative or close friend of the family who has frequent access to the child and the the child's trust. It sounds like this might be where LE is going with Ahlittia's case.

I'm just worried that the comforter and toothbrush may have been used to conceal and "clean" a horrible crime that has been committed against this sweet little girl by someone she had been led to believe was a trustworthy member of her family.

That was just an FYI for most- Those particular pins are most likely not in those apartments- or many other residences. Many advertised as a locking pin do not secure the door from being raised 1/4 to a 1/2 inch.

I cannot tell you how many use the wood dowel method and/or rely on the door lock. My neighbor is a US Marshall- I was amazed when he did a security check on my house when we first moved in.

Off topic: We are kind of overkill when it comes to security in our home. We have a deadbolt and the regular lock on the front door; my husband installed a sliding lock at the top which is always in place before we go to sleep at night. The back door off of the family room, (where our 90 pound Black Labrador usually chooses to sleep in his open crate), has two locks, a deadbolt, and a sliding lock. The access to the locked garage also has three locks, and our windows all have security stops in addition to locks at the top. My toddler/preschooler still sleeps in my room, and I have one of those childproof over-the-door devices, (can be accessed, and they slide open from either side of the door), to prevent him from opening the door and wandering out into the rest of the house during the night unattended. We live in a very quiet, suburban neighborhood, but I figure that one can never be too careful.

This is exactly what I was thinking after reading the updates today about the poi- before I even knew he was a relative. I just couldn't picture a 6 year old making it down the stairs with a queen sized comforter and toothpaste and a toothbrush in hand. I also couldn't imagine her getting out through a locked and possibly bolted door with all this in hand and somehow closing the door behind herself. I have trouble carrying a queen sized comforter to my washing machine down the hall.

My school has an annual safe environment workshop hosted by NOCAC ( New Orleans Children's Advocacy Center). We are reminded every year that the majority of child sexual abuse cases often involve a relative or close friend of the family who has frequent access to the child and the the child's trust. It sounds like this might be where LE is going with Ahlittia's case.

I'm just worried that the comforter and toothbrush may have been used to conceal and "clean" a horrible crime that has been committed against this sweet little girl by someone she had been led to believe was a trustworthy member of her family.

The best advice I've ever received is: DO NOT LET YOUR CHILD SLEEP OUT. No sleepovers, very simple. Statistics are 1 in every 6 women are sexually abused but I'm more inclined to think it is 1 in 4 simply due to how many are never reported or take it to the grave.

I think you all have painted the most likely scenario. :frown:

The sweet baby girl was probably wrapped in the comforter, watching early morning cartoons, and her fave uncle knocked quietly at the door, and said let,s surprise mom and get her some donuts...

I think you all have painted the most likely scenario. :frown:

The sweet baby girl was probably wrapped in the comforter, watching early morning cartoons, and her fave uncle knocked quietly at the door, and said let,s surprise mom and get her some donuts...

Or he came by with some other intention, realized Mom/Stepdad were soundly asleep and had a quick change of plans (crime of opportunity).

Off topic: We are kind of overkill when it comes to security in our home. We have a deadbolt and the regular lock on the front door; my husband installed a sliding lock at the top which is always in place before we go to sleep at night. The back door off of the family room, (where our 90 pound Black Labrador usually chooses to sleep in his open crate), has two locks, a deadbolt, and a sliding lock. The access to the locked garage also has three locks, and our windows all have security stops in addition to locks at the top. My toddler/preschooler still sleeps in my room, and I have one of those childproof over-the-door devices, (can be accessed, and they slide open from either side of the door), to prevent him from opening the door and wandering out into the rest of the house during the night unattended. We live in a very quiet, suburban neighborhood, but I figure that one can never be too careful.

BUT all the locks in world doesn't mean anything depending who you let in your life! It is more likely a family member, neighbor, babysitter, someone the child respects, etc. than the small percentage of the "stranger danger".

In this video, Colonel John Fortunato mentions two other children.

he says "We were able to collaborate that information based on this video that they did in fact leave the supermarket . the little 6 yr old missing, the mother, the stepfather and and 2 additional children."

http://www.wwltv.com/video/featured...ght-for-questioning-215592451.html?autoplay=y

I just watched this video, and it sounds like nothing has been absolutely corroborated regarding the mother and stepfather after they left the supermarket Friday night at 10:45 pm. Has there been a video update from law enforcement since this video? Thank you.

BUT all the locks in world doesn't mean anything depending who you let in your life! It is more likely a family member, neighbor, babysitter, someone the child respects, etc. than the small percentage of the "stranger danger".

I agree. My posting was "off topic"; it had nothing to do with this particular case.

Have we heard yet if tracking dogs and/or cadaver dogs have been brought in to help search?

In regards to the parents being vetted:

"Fortunato confirmed that the Sheriff's Office performed polygraph examination on North, Hill and Ahlittia's biological father. "We have no reason to believe they were untruthful," he said. "

https://local.nixle.com/alert/5033489/

Mom states: ""She's afraid of the dark. This happened at night. She wouldn't just go outside," North said."

I wonder why she believes it happened at night? Early morning can be pretty light.

I just watched this video, and it sounds like nothing has been absolutely corroborated regarding the mother and stepfather after they left the supermarket Friday night at 10:45 pm. Has there been a video update from law enforcement since this video? Thank you.

Mom,Dad and Stepdad, all three took and passed their polygraphs. That says a lot, IMO.

Have we heard yet if tracking dogs and/or cadaver dogs have been brought in to help search?

I remember reading that they did use canines in the search but I'm not sure in what capacity if they were trackers or cadaver.

I agree. My posting was "off topic"; it had nothing to do with this particular case.

Oh I disagree...as you are trying to do everything possible to protect your family, but most times (statistically) it will be someone you or your family knows that violates that trust.:blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back