LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid I'm going to get roasted for this, but he sounds like a normal guy (obviously, i know that he's not) and he's attractive and had a good job etc. Why in the world would he destroy his own life via destroying a sweet innocent young woman's life? My point is that he had a life too, why did he DO this??!!!

My sister in law is a criminal psychologist with PHD and she says that many of them don't want to be rehabilitated. She worked with prisoners that were pedophiles. She said that as their sentencing came to an end, many would admit that they would most likely do it again, but they still set them free??!!

He did it because he is a sociopath. He does not care about who he hurts. He just wants to satisfy himself. These types of people do not feel happiness like a normal human being. Having a good job is not enough.

Just read the 1999 police report, it's a shame that you can read the victims name, mothers name, cousins name and the victims address. They tried to block it out but not a very good try. I would post it here but with all the names, I don't know if I can. Basically, he broke into the victims house, tied her up and forced her to have oral sex, when he "finished", he took her into the bathroom and made her spit into a towel, gargle and spit. the victim told him she was a virgin and he told her that he would not take that away from her. He was questioned at the base and made up a story about how the girl invited him to visit her. It fell apart when they asked if there would be any reason his fingerprints would be on the two phones ripped from the wall and he said, no. When he found out they were going to fingerprint him, he changed his story to he may have touched the phones at some point. There is a lot more but that is the gist of it.

He did it because he is a sociopath. He does not care about who he hurts. He just wants to satisfy himself. These types of people do not feel happiness like a normal human being. Having a good job is not enough.

i know that sociopaths have no concern for society, but what about himself? that's what i mean. he had a future that could have been happy normal, not prison, possibly death row.

I'm afraid I'm going to get roasted for this, but he sounds like a normal guy (obviously, i know that he's not) and he's attractive and had a good job etc. Why in the world would he destroy his own life via destroying a sweet innocent young woman's life? My point is that he had a life too, why did he DO this??!!!

My sister in law is a criminal psychologist with PHD and she says that many of them don't want to be rehabilitated. She worked with prisoners that were pedophiles. She said that as their sentencing came to an end, many would admit that they would most likely do it again, but they still set them free??!!
I know, what a shame. I had the same thoughts. Only one thats going to get roasted is him, finally.
I hope he was ******** his pants the WHOLE time, but I doubt it. SOB.

Hard to believe this guy stayed "quiet" for 4 years until trolling and finding Mickey :maddening:

Why in the WORLD did local LE not get the tip about the burned truck until June 14th??? Isn't the VINs of RSOs vehicles in the system? If a RSOs truck is reported stolen, firstly, isn't that kind of a red flag??? The VIN would be a part of that stolen auto report, right? Something that needs to be checked out, posthaste? Even before it is found burned? If it was indeed 5/31 when it was found burned, it took 15 days to get a hit, for the connection to be made? It may have not saved Mickey's life, but it's scary to know that, in a case where quickly putting these things together MAY save a life, that it seems that the fact is, it may take much, much longer than it ever should.

It says it has been deleted

Yes, I noticed it was deleted after someone commented on it, because it showed the victim's name, even though it was partly obscured, it was readable. I guess they took it down because of that violation of privacy.:twocents:

ok i have his detailed crime report from his previous charge i sent it to my email so is there some one i can email it to that can post it im at work i cant save it on the computer to attach:banghead:

Just read the 1999 police report, it's a shame that you can read the victims name, mothers name, cousins name and the victims address. They tried to block it out but not a very good try. I would post it here but with all the names, I don't know if I can. Basically, he broke into the victims house, tied her up and forced her to have oral sex, when he "finished", he took her into the bathroom and made her spit into a towel, gargle and spit. the victim told him she was a virgin and he told her that he would not take that away from her. He was questioned at the base and made up a story about how the girl invited him to visit her. It fell apart when they asked if there would be any reason his fingerprints would be on the two phones ripped from the wall and he said, no. When he found out they were going to fingerprint him, he changed his story to he may have touched the phones at some point. There is a lot more but that is the gist of it.
WOW!! Thank you for sharing.

Sorry, I disagree. I think it matters and hopefully next time it might save a life or find the victim so the family can have their loved one back and give them a proper burial.

The worse is not knowing what happened to your child, sister, brother. It's not surprising that they still hold out hope Mickey is alive. Wouldn't you? Any parent would without a body as proof.

IMO

I agree 100%. Although whats done is done in this case, hopefully next time it may save a life or spare a victim if LE has learned a lesson from all this. The lesson being communication is key (particularly interagency communication).

Sounds like a normal guy and is a normal guy are two very different things. I honestly think people like him have perverted urges combined with an inability to feel any empathy for another human being. He would most likely never be happy just working a nice job and having a normal life because something is wrong or damaged or evil on the inside. His motivations would be very different from our own.
I don't think violent sexual predators often reform because it is a part of who they are rather than just being a bad habit or something. I would rather none of them walk the streets for that reason, but they are let out again and again and again to rape and attack again :(

KATC-TV 3: Acadiana's Newschannel
According to deputies in St. Landry Parish, they are right now removing the skirting from around Lavergne's trailer. The spokesperson tells us neighbors tipped them off. Neighbors told them Lavergne recently replaced all that same siding around his house, and they were checking underneath for more evidence.
https://www.facebook.com/katctv3

I really doubt shes alive, they said he was offshore recently for a little over 2 weeks, I cant fathom he would trust leaving her bound up someplace that peeps could discover her, if he was smart enough to scatter the crime over multi parishs&states , I doubt he was dumb enough to leave her alive

very good point. he wouldn't just leave her while he went offshore. i hope they torture him until he says where she is. with GPS, is there time? like can it pick up how long he stayed at whiskey bay or possibly some other remote area indicating that he stopped off to hide her body there?

I’m happy to see they arrested someone. Unfortunately, it doesn’t matter where you are, it is NOT safe to be out alone at night. We all need to remind ourselves and our loved ones of this.

Foxfire, A.C.I, and tech savvy sleuthers,
What can be done about the issue of linkage blindness?
A database that state let's share?
Computer program?
Non profit that educates le agencies?
Any ideas?

Hard to believe this guy stayed "quiet" for 4 years until trolling and finding Mickey :maddening:

i think there are more victims due to the parents home being burned down as well as his own trailer

Also in this report it was stated that BL said he would not answer questions without an attorney right from the get go but after some prodding, he decided to wave his rights and tell his side of the story. We could only hope he'd break down and do that in Mickey's case but doubetdly since it didn't work out so well last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas