LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for some rest!! Good Night all!!

Hopefully some answers come soon :)

I promise that I did not alter it in any way at all. It looks different to me also. I never was able to see Mickey in the pic but did/do see the bike under the front.

There are a few things I didn't see before.

Oh Im not
saying you altered it at all. Just trying to understand how I saw one thing before and another now in what looks like a clearer image of the same image! Just confuses the **** out of me!! I agree this pic is key to this... Even possibly the video is the hard evidence. What else could it be if not a confession or body? I don't think just a fingerprint on the bike would do it!!

I'm an iPad user and still awake

I am new to the Ipad and cannot figure out how to cut and paste photos. Good with links and words but cannot paste a photo. It's frustrating.

Something I will have to conquor tomorrow as I am off to bed. Been on here all day. Don't even need satellite any longer!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As much as I hate to use the words 'pre-disposed', because it makes it sound like it's out the perpetrator's control, there are some people who are too weak to control their compulsions. This does NOT mean these individuals are less culpable. There is some evidence that certain "stressors" can cause a person to lapse back into recidivism. (Examples might include the death of a loved one, the reappearance of a past abuser, and so forth.)

However, I think it's a stretch to believe that the man arrested might have acted out because his girlfriend's people thought he was "off" or disapproved of his past. Perpetrators often thrive on control and I don't think he'd be so quick to give up control to the girlfriend's family.

Just as I don't believe we should blame the victim, I think we need to be careful not to blame the perp's family (unless it's revealed that they aided and abetted) or those close to him. Just my two cents....

I guess this is considered rumor but what I heard is the girlfriend's family found out he was an RSO on or about 5/25, her BIL was trying to find out what to do about it, how to find more info, on the 26 - so this was AFTER he abducted Mickey. They didn't make him do it. MOO

I believe it was during the presser LE stated she was "taken" between St. Landry, St. Mary's and Blackham Coliseum. So why didn't she appear in the surveillance that was taken of the hoopty car?

Hope he confesses and spares the family further heartache....and the time/cost of a trial. If it does go to trial, it will be years before the actual trial date, imo. :(

I am new to the Ipad and cannot figure out how to cut and paste photos. Good with links and words but cannot paste a photo. It's frustrating.

Something I will have to conquor tomorrow as I am off to bed. Been on here all day. Don't even need satellite any longer!

Don't know if this is the "official" way, but I press down on the picture and copy pops up and then I press down where I want it and paste pops up.

from Charlie:
"We appreciate all of the heartfelt emotions shared on this page and the support given by people from near and far in this ongoing effort to bring our Mickey home, and we can't say that enough.
Now while it is understandable that negative emotions can be expressed in this kind of situation, please remember to keep everything we say POSITIVE in a public forum such as this. Regardless of what comes from the police press conference later today, we have to recognize the truly amazing show of love and support shown by every person involved in this great effort. We have seen this love in the hundreds of searchers laboring for hours in the hot Louisiana summer, in the mass amounts of food and drinks donated to feed them, in the thousands of flyers put up across Louisiana and the rest of the country, and in the countless people we have met during these 48 days who had no clue who Mickey Shunick was before May 19th but nevertheless have given up a portion of their lives and their heart to reunite a young girl with her family. The main thing we need to do now is utilize that amazing wealth of love in order to overlook the unconfirmed rumors and assumptions rather than venting our anger over the internet, or elsewhere. Let's KEEP THE FAITH and stay positive and most of all LET'S BRING MICKEY HOME!" - Charlene Shunick
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=hp#!/charlene.shunick

from Ashley Says:
This is a personal appeal to all of my friends on here. The Shunicks, Mickey's closest friends, and volunteers ask that no one post any negativity on ANY of the Mickey pages. We also ask that you refrain from posting negativity on the pages of news outlets. Please do not post negativity regarding any aspects of this case, including bashing the suspect. This investigation is still very alive and we hope Mickey is too. Until there is a clear, defined resolution, please communicate only love and peace. Also, if you see any negativity on the Mickey pages please notify page moderators. Thank you all so much for your support. You all are amazing. This process would be unbearable if not for you.
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=hp#!/ashsayswhat

That shows a lot of strength right there. I wouldn't be nearly as classy. I would be venting/angry like there was no tomorrow. I'd calm down after awhile, but I would be beside myself knowing what happened to her.

Aw phooey! Afraid I'm not much help there. We have lots of Ipad users here. Someone should be able to help you. I'll ask around tomorrow.

IMO the easiest way to post pictures from an iPad/iPhone is by using the Tapatalk app.

You hit reply. Then push the little photo icon on the bottom. Select your photo from your album.
Select size and bingo-you have an uploaded photo.

IMO the easiest way to post pictures from an iPad/iPhone is by using the Tapatalk app.

You hit reply. Then push the little photo icon on the bottom. Select your photo from your album.
Select size and bingo-you have an uploaded photo.

Yes, I can do that with my iPhone, too. But can you insert images not in your album? I haven't tried it yet myself.

ETA: please forgive the OT, everyone.

I think I've got it now.

It's in his name
I find this very disturbing. I remember as soon as they released the info about looking for the white truck, a lot of people were saying, "but there are so many!"

Couldn't/shouldn't LE have looked into every vehicle type like it, cross referencing it w/the Sex offender list in the counties/state? Or is that only how they do it on Criminal Minds?
Seriously, do I expect too much from LE? We do have amazing technology today,...it could have been done.

http://www.dailyworld.com/article/20120706/NEWS01/207060316?nclick_check=1

Per this article above (posted originally a couple pages back), one of the neighbors said he had women living with him time to time. Hmmm...
======================================

"I got a sex offender letter about him, but I don't know him. He's been living there for two or three years and I see him come and go on the weekends," neighbor Shirley said. Shirley declined to give her last name, because she said she feared for her family.

She said police arrived that afternoon and the sheriff told her that they were investigating an "accident that happened in Lafayette," and that she should not be scared.

Still, Shirley worried, especially because Lavergne and the woman who often lived with him seemed so unassuming and quiet.

"They mostly stick to themselves," she said. "He does drive a white truck."

Does anyone have a copy of his previous conviction that was deleted??

OH dang!!!!!!!!!! Sounds to me that the rumor of him burning down a house when he was younger could be true. He clearly graduated from rape to killing to hush his victim. Also how bold to enter the house. Even if he did know this girl, it shows his desires were strong. Now this was in 1999.

Someone probably has a copy. Seems they deleted most of this guys records yesterday.
I do remember some of what that report said, if the one I read quickly was accurate info., he's one sick individual that should never have been allowed out of jail at all. Period.
Something needs to be done about letting these predators out again. I'm dead serious. If they've shown to be predator, then they are not fit for human society. They will only hunt again, like an animal.

His previous conviction article was deleted because it showed the name of the victim her mother and her cousin( which was his Gf at the time) I didn't see it and am glad, the poor victim, I'm sure she wants to get along with her life and not be harassed by media or people wanting info and I hope everyone respects her privacy

Yes, I can do that with my iPhone, too. But can you insert images not in your album? I haven't tried it yet myself.

ETA: please forgive the OT, everyone.

I think I've got it now.

Hey Bessie, just FYI, instead of making images 800 pixels wide, people need to stick to 640 pixels. I got unending complaints about blown margins when many pictures were 1100, continuing complaints from Apple users when I reduced them to 800 as you had advised, and then the complaints from Apple users stopped when I went down to 640. I had to take all my Photobucket pictures down to resize them and then got tied up with a bunch of things and then never got them back up. On my particular computer system, resizing them was a lot of work.

I believe it was during the presser LE stated she was "taken" between St. Landry, St. Mary's and Blackham Coliseum. So why didn't she appear in the surveillance that was taken of the hoopty car?

Hope he confesses and spares the family further heartache....and the time/cost of a trial. If it does go to trial, it will be years before the actual trial date, imo. :(

I don't know. This is still a big unanswered question for me - from the beginning. She should have been caught on HooptyCam, unless she was taken in the very short distance between Circle K and 216 St. Landry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas