LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From gut instincts and JMO this isn't even the start of what we have heard about bsl. Changing the skirting boards in his house is weird seeming he rents the property don't owners normally do that?

Thanks! So is there local hype as to why this took them so long? I just don't understand it! Mickey could've been found alot sooner:(

I'm assuming this in reference to The Advertiser's footage. One of the editors posted a comment in relation to your question. He said the police had been by to review the video several times after they were notified 4 weeks earlier. But, they picked it up that morning. According to my recall.

From gut instincts and JMO this isn't even the start of what we have heard about bsl. Changing the skirting boards in his house is weird seeming he rents the property don't owners normally do that?

http://www.dailyworld.com/article/20120708/NEWS01/120707001/Suspect-Shunick-case-has-troubled-past

Page 2
"In July 2010, Lavergne bought a piece of property in Bayou Ridge Subdivision, off U.S. 190 in rural St. Landry Parish. The purchase included a mobile home that sits on the corner of Leslie Road and Elaine Lane, according to the St. Landry Parish Clerk of Court’s office."

I'm assuming this in reference to The Advertiser's footage. One of the editors posted a comment in relation to your question. He said the police had been by to review the video several times after they were notified 4 weeks earlier. But, they picked it up that morning. According to my recall.

If that is true, which seem odd anyway, then it must have been some kind of final link they needed to go ahead with the arrest I guess.

Bsl is charged with aggravated kidnapping and murder one. I think that means le has evidence that she was alive after being hit. Otherwise he would be charged with vehicular homicide. Aggravated kidnapping means he took her.
Le said that his home is a major crime scene. To me that sounds like a crime took place in his home, not that they were just looking for her missing backpack or wallet.
If the evidence is not DNA because test results are not in it is probably video.
In order for le to charge him as they did it seems to me they saw the attack.

I know I'm probably over-analyzing LE's words too much (plus I haven't listened to it, only read the posts/timelines), but I did note that they said they don't have the testing REPORTS back. The first thing that went through my mind is they have, in fact, heard back from the FBI as to what the results are, even though they don't have the actual REPORTS yet, and that they are being put into report form, which takes time because they know the reports will be picked apart by a defense attorney.

cluciano63 said:
How could she have been found sooner? She still is not found and they have seen the video...

Sigh. I have a strong feeling that whatever is in that video is a MAJOR clue. While the clue itself hasn't changed, each day that passed gave BSL more opportunities to cover his tracks (or at least attempt to do so).

How could she have been found sooner? She still is not found and they have seen the video...
LOL! Well if this was handed in a month and a half earlier when it happened, they could of caught bsl before he had the chance to destroy evidence for example the burning of the truck and everything else that is evidence that is unknown to the public! Why I'm asking what the story behind taking so long from the advertiser if the police had made a statement asking for cameras to be checked, the way I look at it bad form. But before I judge I'd like to know why it took so long

don't apologize. yes The Advertiser's printing building is on Bertrand and they gave the police new footage on the morning of the arrest. So we are speculating that the footage of Betrand shows BSL with Mickey's bike in the bed of his truck and or her in the passenger side maybe.

i think it was the morning of the arrest. someone correct me if i'm wrong
thankyou! Just a few questions, have the advertiser discussed why it took them 46/47 days to either check their surveillance or report it to LE? A bit confused here but wasn't all camera owners home/buisness asked to check them at the time of the disappearance?[/quote]

Hey Aussie Girl,
Not sure if this helps, but initially businesses were asked to review their surveillance tapes to look for Mickey riding her black bike. LE was trying to determine her route home that night. Maybe they (The Advertiser) did that, but didn't realize at the time (no one did) that a white Z71 would become the bigger focus. JMO, but I imagine that some time later when the driver of the white truck didn't come forward, the TA tape reviewers decided to look again to see if the DWT was seen by their camera.

BSL reported his truck stolen. We think it's part of his cover story to burn and get rid of the truck.

We don't know where it was returned. I guess wherever he bought the new truck.

Supposedly insurance paid for the rental car. Hotel, meals have not been reported yet as far as I know.

-- I understood that BSLs truck was stolen in Texas while he was looking to purchase another auto, (all a ploy to burn DWT evidence and replace with another NDWT) Where did he report that it was stolen from? Hotel, restaurant, car dealership etc. and whereever stolen location did they help vouch for theft and report with LE also?

I don't think it would take 47 days to make an arrest if this scenario was captured on surveillance

It was stated video from the daily advertiser was given to LE on the day of the arrest our very near to. So this video may have evidence on it ?? Wish we knew!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

LOL! Well if this was handed in a month and a half earlier when it happened, they could of caught bsl before he had the chance to destroy evidence for example the burning of the truck and everything else that is evidence that is unknown to the public! Why I'm asking what the story behind taking so long from the advertiser if the police had made a statement asking for cameras to be checked, the way I look at it bad form. But before I judge I'd like to know why it took so long

I thought someone up thread provided a statement from someone from the Advertiser indicating they had previously viewed the videos and that they were simply taking physical possession of it on the day BSL was arrested.

Sigh. I have a strong feeling that whatever is in that video is a MAJOR clue. While the clue itself hasn't changed, each day that passed gave BSL more opportunities to cover his tracks (or at least attempt to do so).

..And none of us know the FULL timeline of BSL's evidence-scattering. So far all we know are dates related to the bike and the truck.

I have to disagree here manzana.
Leaving Mickey's bike on the ground, damaged, would likely alert someone something had happened quick.
A cop could even have come along and called hospitals right away.
Taking the bike, 10 seconds to throw it in the bed of the truck, bought him time.
Mickey wasn't missed until she missed her brother's graduation the next day.

I agree that taking the bike would delay Mickey being noticed as missing to buy time. Also his ruse after bumping Mickey was to assist her getting home with her bike. Just my honest opinion.

-- I understood that BSLs truck was stolen in Texas while he was looking to purchase another auto, (all a ploy to burn DWT evidence and replace with another NDWT) Where did he report that it was stolen from? Hotel, restaurant, car dealership etc. and whereever stolen location did they help vouch for theft and report with LE also?

Unless I have missed it, I don't think we know where he reported it stolen from and therefore don't know what that person(s) say about it. I would hope LE has that information and have spoken to them. I know I have looked for a stolen vehicle report in Montgomery County from 5/19 forward with no success. As to where he had been there, the best I have seen is posters indicating his employer has offices in Houston as a possibility and apparently some FB connections from Spring Texas, which would be my guess as to his excuse for being in Texas, but that's purely a guess.

Bsl is charged with aggravated kidnapping and murder one. I think that means le has evidence that she was alive after being hit. Otherwise he would be charged with vehicular homicide. Aggravated kidnapping means he took her.
Le said that his home is a major crime scene. To me that sounds like a crime took place in his home, not that they were just looking for her missing backpack or wallet.
If the evidence is not DNA because test results are not in it is probably video.
In order for le to charge him as they did it seems to me they saw the attack.

I totally get what you're saying but he was charged w murder in the 15th judicial district, which does not include the parish in which his home is located.

I totally get what you're saying but he was charged w murder in the 15th judicial district, which does not include the parish in which his home is located.

Because the crime occurred in the 15th Jdc. Im guessing the state police will be the go to LE as to put it all in line. Idk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne