LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize for not being forthright with my information but I am a member of this forum because I have much respect for the moderators and those that are open to all forms of opinion, whether popular or not.

I certainly do not want my information spread all over tiger droppings and it taken out of context. My comments ate meant for this forum only. Which is why I attempted to delete the comment seconds after posting.

Just an FYI,- this forum is public and viewable by anyone.

I meant that if there was no accident in this still then the police would have waited until the truck was past the road construction sign to take the still snapshot so that we could see the entire truck. In the still released we cannot identify whether this is a crew cab or extended cab. Surely they would want us to have the best view if it is going to be used to identify the truck. I was saying that this was not possible because something did happen and in the next frame there may have been a more obvious accident scene.

Okay. That makes sense.

I totally think it is possible. What I don't think is possible is that her bike is under that truck in the still.

There is no mailing address for the communities of Swords, LA, or Lawtell, LA, for that matter. Their mailing addresses are Church Point and Opelousas, respectively. The address is 143 Elaine Ln in Church Point. Did you listen to the audio of BSL? The judge verifies his address. It's the right house.

His mailing address is Church Point, his physical address is Swords, and he has a post offfice box in Lawtell.

I can't follow anymore.

I live in NY. I dance zydeco, there is a huge group up here.

I first became interested via Lauren Spierer, as a young man I worked with who went to school with her came in one day to tell me the sad news. True story.

Listen, this is not about me. It's about the missing girls and their families.

My heart goes out to the missing who may not have such strong families and friends.

To all my friends down in Cajun country, we go to Lafayette each year.

My favorite. Just a huge thanks to y'all.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NnQoBmc5sg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NnQoBmc5sg[/ame]

Mickey would not have walked her bike home from that point, her house was more than 3 miles away. I doubt she would have walked her bike back to Brettly's either, she would have called someone for a ride. About a month ago a person whose son was a friend of Mickey's posted here. Mickey had called the son when she had a flat at 3 AM one morning and gotten a ride home. She would have just called someone to come an pick her up if she had been wrecked and left alone.

She may have walked far enough away to get away from the driver of the truck which has now become a threat. Until she felt safe enough to use her phone. Always a possibility.

I would like to add that there are adult men who have grown up in the area of the Sam Houston National Forest who have gotten lost in it and never been found. So, if a search of that forest had to be done for a body, it would likely never be found.

There are wild hogs, alligators in ponds/creeks/lakes/etc., just a variety of wildlife. Add that to the heat and humidity we've already experienced this summer. It would be a lost cause.

Yes I agree but there are countless accidents where people don't even bother to stop. There are crimes committed every minute in front any many witnesses and no one comes forward. There was a poster here recently y'all might remember that was in a bicycle accident and no one reported it or helped.

It is my understanding from the rumormill that no one was in the store at that time.

Who did all the cars belong to?

idk what's going on in here anymore. I've never been in here and had so many snarky comments from just one person. I've never seen a thread so highjacked and derailed and going backwards instead of forwards. I've never seen someone state new info and refuse for multiple pages to name their source. Multiple people have posted they are leaving. Do we have a troll in our midst?? Or am I just one of the totally confused people and I need to leave for a while too??? Sheesh? :banghead:

The info re Ull print shop, foot bridge, park, dogs getting scent were taken off another board where that info was posted last night. Just saying......

There was a interview with one of the workers at the center and they said they cross-checked all of the lists of names and did not find him...can't recall if it was a newspaper or a clip...

I'm still catching up, so I apologize in advance if this has been addressed. I don't have a link at the moment, but it was stated (a few times, in response to inquiries) on the Find Mickey Now FB page that volunteers were asked to register at the check in point and to show a photo ID. This was as much for the safety of the volunteers since they were out in extreme heat, etc.

I do not know whether other search groups had the same requirement. Back to reading...

The news said BSL's house is in Swords. They were at the house and I'm guessing used either GPS or followed the police to his house. It's not in Church Point. That is listed on his registry but it is not the 143 Elaine that the police were searching.

The home being searched is at 143 Elaine off of Jessie B Rd. The trailer y'all see is in a different spot on that same plot of land. It is the location of the police search. The prior home was towards the corner and burned down at one point. I have heard from different sources as to whether that trailer was there before the house burned down. I believe a neighbor said it was there before. No link.

I'm still catching up, so I apologize in advance if this has been addressed. I don't have a link at the moment, but it was stated (a few times, in response to inquiries) on the Find Mickey Now FB page that volunteers were asked to register at the check in point and to show a photo ID. This was as much for the safety of the volunteers since they were out in extreme heat, etc.

I do not know whether other search groups had the same requirement. Back to reading...

I can tell you that Texas Equusearch does a background check on all of their volunteers before they are allowed to join the group.

Bumping our opening post and locking for a moment or two of silent review of same.

For the love of Mickey, please settle down in here.

Please remember the following when discussing the Mickey Shunick case:
Websleuths is a moderated forum. We strive to discuss cases in a friendly environment.

Our rules can be reviewed here: Link to the Rules Forum (PLEASE make sure you know the rules!)

Michaela (Mickey) Shunick
Missing from Lafayette LA -- 19 May 2012

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23
Thread #24
Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31
Thread #32
Thread #33

• Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 * Timeline & Media Links ONLY *

• BayouBecky's videos of Mickey's possible routes homeward

• KATC Twitter feed

• Lafayette Police Department updates

• Facebook link: Find Mickey Shunick Now

• If you find and post new info here on the discussion thread, please also post that link on the Time Line & Media Links *
• When new names - people, locations - enter the picture, please post them on this link's #tags, thanks.
• Please do not sleuth individuals who have not been mentioned in MSM either as persons of interest or as suspects by LE.
• Choose the links you post wisely; don't link to sites which feature bizarre speculation, etc.

Verified posters:
Locals/Insiders - queenofcorona and chicken fried
Verified PI: A.C.I.

A few additional reminders:

• Leave the snark -- and the rumors --at the door.

• Treat other posters with respect.
  • If you have questions or concerns about a post, alert on that post and contact a mod. Do not quote and/or reply to the post. If you do, and the post is subsequently deleted, your post is subject to deletion, as well.
  • If you have other questions in general, scroll to the bottom of the page and find "View forum leaders." There you will find a list of moderators available if you need to PM one.
  • Remember: you can disagree with a post and address it, but you do NOT attack the poster.

"A white Chevrolet Z-71 registered to Lavergne was found burned out in San Jacinto County, Tex, Mouton said. Lavergne bought a white 2011 Chevrolet Silverado shortly after."

so, i think this wouldn't have been able to be a vehicle that he could try to pass off as his old truck.

http://kpel965.com/new-details-about-lavergne-traffic-stop-investigation-process-audio/

Not sure what you mean? I havent heard for sure that he was literally trying to pass it off anyway...but a Z71 is a Silverado...so it 'could' have been tried.

Wonder how often he bought new vehicles otherwise. The stealth he had listed was the vehicle he was driving during highschool...and when the first offense occurred. I only know that because of people I know who went to high school with him and remember the red stealth....that is how they figured out 'which' BSL was arrested, since unfortunately there were more than one in the area. It just seems odd that he's only had 2 vehicles in his name in all of this time. I wonder how those vehicles are attached to an RSO on the registry.

OK. Let's try this again.

A couple of pertinent reminders:

1. Any poster who is local to a case, or who personally knows a "case player," is strongly encouraged to become verified at WS. Please PM me or any other Missing Forum mod for more information on how this process works. All your information is kept entirely confidential. Verification as a local or insider allows other posters to more accurately evaluate how much weight they wish to give to one's posts. No poster is required to become verified unless they wish to post inside or professional information. (Inside information being that which is part of a case but not known to the general public via MSM.)

2. Posters who are local or know case players, but choose not to become verified, are also welcome. These posters should refrain from posting "inside" information, as this will be considered baiting. Baiting is a violation of WS Rules.

3. EVERY poster is expected to treat their fellow members with respect. At WS, it's not ok to ask a poster to reveal personally or physically identifying characteristics, even in jest.

4. If you run across a post that violates our TOS or Rules, there is only one thing to do--alert on it, and move on. Do NOT respond. Don't quote the post, don't question the post on the board. Just hit that little red triangle, and sail on peaceably with your sleuthing.

5. In case anyone missed it, here is a link to our very informative "Rules, Etiquette & Information" forum: Rules, Etiquette & Information

So. Let's give this another shot, shall we?

Thanks LindsayW!

Corporal McCutie (Mouton) says there is the LCG video and ANOTHER video.

Lotsa good stuff in this interview.

LOL! I noticed early on that the ladies in this forum have taken a shine to Corporal Mouton.

Remember last month a local paper had an online Q&A about the case and you could send in questions?

For the benefit of the ladies in the house, I asked "Is Corporal Mouton as cute in person as he is on TV?" This question was never answered.

I also asked "Is the Face-Eating Zombie guy from Miami a suspect in this case?" That one was never answered either, so we'll never really know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne