LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
everyone is different, you know like those that can wait to find out teh sex of their and those that can't no matter what. there would be no way LE would leave me in the dark. i would need to know everything. not judging them at all, just saying that there would be no way i'd let them keep anything from me. i'd drive them crazy Alllllll day long

I don't think it would change anything. They will only tell you what they want to tell you, until they feel the time is right.

The information for the truck being stolen on the 26 (per time) I believe came from this link. I tend to believe the Police reporter is correct in this case because it was found in their county and the article seems solid and well written . IDK....

http://montgomerycountypolicereporter.com/?p=47925

The same day the bicycle was found, the white Chevrolet Z-71pickup now believed to have been used in the crime, was reported stolen in Montgomery County, Texas by the truck’s owner, a 33-year-old registered sex offender named Brandon Scott Lavergne, of Lawtell, Louisiana. At the time, Texas authorities had no reason to suspect anything sinister. On May 31, the truck was found burned in San Jacinto County.

I don't think it would change anything. They will only tell you what they want to tell you, until they feel the time is right.

I agree. Unfortunately (but for good reason) it's not the public's right to know what the police know. And the public includes the family.

I will be in this area the week of July 23. Does anyone have an address to the newspaper's office? Most newspapers keep old additions. I can go by and get every Thursday edition dating back to the end of May.

San Jacinto News-Times
P.O. Box 1689, Shepherd Texas 77371
Phone (936) 628-6851 Fax (936) 628-6851
email: mcharrey@eastex.net

In an interview with the victim of the rape, in which he climbed in a bedroom window and blindfolded and hogtied the poor girl, she said that she thought she recognized the voice of her rapist. It sounded like her cousin's boyfriend. And guess what---Brandon was the boyfriend of the poor girl's cousin. But I am not sure if that is the girlfriend that he married, but I don't think so. Or they would have said 'wife' and not girlfriend.

The rape occurred in April, 1999, and the couple was married in September, so she would not have been his wife yet. But... according to the police report, the victim said he sounded like _____'s former boyfriend. So it does sound like a different gf.

The first post from the brother in law was not until after noon on May 26th. He said the last day had been a s_ _ t storm in his wife's family because they had confronted her. So that eliminates the rejection reason for BSL to have grabbed Mickey because he already had the weekend before.
These guys don't need a reason anyway excpet that they have to get their needs met and to hell with everyone and everything else.

My thoughts on this are a little different than yours.

I found it odd that suddenly once the video stills appeared, so did this whole online conversation, and not before.

I think the RSO subject may have come up with the SIL and her family, possibly the weekend before,everyone was upset, she told Brandon and possibly said her family thought she should distance herself from him somewhat even though she believed him that he didn't do it.

I think Brandon lost all of his coping mechanisms he had learned in prison and tutored others on,went out, impulse took over, he needed the instant gratification and feeling of being in control, and Mickey disappeared.

There is still tension in the family all week, they don't trust Brandon, and then on Friday 2 stills are released, the Shuniks tell eveyone that the white truck pic released is NOT the one they are looking for but there IS another white truck. The family then confronts the young woman telling her they think Brandon may be the perp and a ruckus breaks out. The next day, brother-in-law goes online,starts talking about this strange dude in the event that it is him. By doing this he will have covered for the family and let others know they were suspicious of Brandon so they don't look like fools to others in the event he is the perp.

MOO.....

There is this one which conflicts with the Montgomery County Police Reporter account.

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/

What I meant to say was there are no media reports detailing the circumstances under which the burned truck was found. (at least, none that I've been able to find, and I've been looking for 2 days now)

All MSM reports seem to agree on the date that the truck was found. The discrepancy is regarding the date it was reported stolen.

Hey just remember someone responded to bite on his hand earlier and said it was because he had surgery. So if this is true he had surgery between mickeys disappearance and his arrest, also have we thought of medical records for the scar on his neck etc?

There's a load of difference between a bite mark and a surgical scar. I doubt he had recent surgery on his hand and was already offshore working.

BSL was in prison.

Is there any way to find out if BSL was in the Camp Beauregard Youth Challenge program in Pineville? I think he was there rather than a mental hospital. He did not graduate from his high school.

Good thought! I am not sure if they release records or info. I do think that if you go there you have to join the service so its a good possibility.

And the way facts get distorted, he may have gone there and it got spread around he was at Central State.

My thoughts on this are a little different than yours.

I found it odd that suddenly once the video stills appeared, so did this whole online conversation, and not before.

I think the RSO subject may have come up with the SIL and her family, possibly the weekend before,everyone was upset, she told Brandon and possibly said her family thought she should distance herself from him somewhat even though she believed him that he didn't do it.

I think Brandon lost all of his coping mechanisms he had learned in prison and tutored others on,went out, impulse took over, he needed the instant gratification and feeling of being in control, and Mickey disappeared.

There is still tension in the family all week, they don't trust Brandon, and then on Friday 2 stills are released, the Shuniks tell eveyone that the white truck pic released is NOT the one they are looking for but there IS another white truck. The family then confronts the young woman telling her they think Brandon may be the perp and a ruckus breaks out. The next day, brother-in-law goes online,starts talking about this strange dude in the event that it is him. By doing this he will have covered for the family and let others know they were suspicious of Brandon so they don't look like fools to others in the event he is the perp.

MOO.....

I WANT to believe your theory, however, I have SERIOUS doubts that he has gone from his release in 2008 until May 19, 2012 WITHOUT committing any crimes. Just given his history, his seemingly obsession with fire, the aggression of his first assault, the assault on his ex-wife, just screams serial killer to me. Perhaps Mickey was his first murder, but I would not be surprised at all if other sexual assault victims start coming out of the woodwork now that he is behind bars.

All my opinion, of course

There's a load of difference between a bite mark and a surgical scar. I doubt he had recent surgery on his hand and was already offshore working.

I am quiet aware of the difference of a surgical mark, I have spent alot of time recently in the OT theatre. However someone did say that instead of it being a bite mark it was a surgical scar.

What I meant to say was there are no media reports detailing the circumstances under which the burned truck was found. (at least, none that I've been able to find, and I've been looking for 2 days now)

All MSM reports seem to agree on the date that the truck was found. The discrepancy is regarding the date it was reported stolen.
You're correct. Only the date the burned truck was found has been reported, but no further details have been provided.

I WANT to believe your theory, however, I have SERIOUS doubts that he has gone from his release in 2008 until May 19, 2012 WITHOUT committing any crimes. Just given his history, his seemingly obsession with fire, the aggression of his first assault, the assault on his ex-wife, just screams serial killer to me. Perhaps Mickey was his first murder, but I would not be surprised at all if other sexual assault victims start coming out of the woodwork now that he is behind bars.

I said this exact thing a couple of nights ago. He may have threatened his victims and they now will feel safe to come forward since he's in jail.

I too agree with your opinion and I'm sure alot of others do too:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx