LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree the wound on his neck does look like a knife wound. It certainly isn't a straight clean surgical scar. The jagged edges indicate to me that it wasn't ever medically tended to. The pink indicates fairly recent. Didn't his prior Victim state she felt something in her back/side that felt like a knife? Just putting it out there. If a knife was involved I hope Mickey did inflict that wound :moo:

And if you got a gash on your neck at work or at home fixing up the car, you’d probably have it stitched or at least go to a walk-in clinic and have a nurse apply a butterfly bandage. Especially if you were vain enough to get braces in your 30s.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, when they go to court next week, will le spill the evidence they have on him try to make the case against him?!?

I agree the wound on his neck does look like a knife wound. It certainly isn't a straight clean surgical scar. The jagged edges indicate to me that it wasn't ever medically tended to. The pink indicates fairly recent. Didn't his prior Victim state she felt something in her back/side that felt like a knife? Just putting it out there. If a knife was involved I hope Mickey did inflict that wound :moo:

A key or acrylic nails could make a cut like that too, so could an ink pen!

And if you got a gash on your neck at work or at home fixing up the car, you’d probably have it stitched or at least go to a walk-in clinic and have a nurse apply a butterfly bandage. Especially if you were vain enough to get braces in your 30s.

Absolutely. He sure had a reason not to seek any medical attention. Most lay people realize medical folk know a knife wound when they see one. The thick pink part appears as tho it may have been a fairly a deep one :moo:

Haircut & braces to change appearance without being too obvious?

Why would he wait until June 20th to get a haircut?

Most guys I know in the oilfield get a haircut when they can. He probably knew he was going offshore for awhile and a hardhat is probably very hot with a lot of hair.

I would think that the prosecution would have to tell the grand jury all the facts that they have to bring murder one to a trial.

I have scars on me from when I was a child and ran through one of those plate glass doors (way back when no decals and couldn't tell there was a door) anyway, I have scars that look like this. I didn't get a stitch, my dad wrapped me up in gauze bandages. That is why some look just like his on his neck. Flying glass could have cut him, metal from a bike could have caused that.

Speaking of phones.......

During the press conference following the arrest, Chief Craft mentioned that BSL had turned over his phone. Basically said "here." That struck me as funny. How many phones did he have? Was this his new one?

Mickey's was switched off immediately after her abduction, or so it seems. This guy is very aware of tracking and repercusions. I do hope his phone records incrimanate him!

Even aware predators, due to their narcisstic belief that they are not going to get caught or be tied to the abduction, will fail to turn off their cell phones.
This is how Kristi Cornwell (GA-2009)remains were located by her brother Richard, 9 miles from her abduction site. The experienced sexual predator; James Scott Carringer's cell pinged at the location of her remains.. Yet he had discarded her cell phone three miles into the abduction to prevent tracking.

http://www.ajc.com/news/brother-finds-cornwells-remains-794176.html

Brother finds Cornwell's remains; prime suspect killed self last spring

wonder if he went to the dentist after, since the rumor was reported that he had a bite mark. could he be trying to realign his teeth so they don't match up?

i dont think he bit himself...

Been following multiple missing persons cases for some time now; first time posting.

I haven't noticed anything in recent threads wondering if BSL is also connected to the Lauren Spierer case. I know "authorities" said that the cases weren't linked a little while back, before they had a suspect. And they said the white truck wasn't one and the same. But what if it was? Or what if BSL had purchased the same type of truck more than once? I just never really got over the odds...white four-door truck being pictured in the surveillance videos for both of these young blonde woman who went missing in the wee hours of the AM. After reading the article in the Advocate (http://theadvocate.com/home/3290776-125/neighbors-shocked-by-arrest-mom) which says that the home that BSL lived in burned down about a year ago, it raised suspicions in my mind once again that there is a connection between these two cases. Lauren disappeared 6/3/11. So maybe BSL's house burned down because he was burning evidence linking him to Lauren!

http://maloriejanasek.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/this-blog-titled-jay-rosenbaum-needs-to-talk.pdf : (long article, the following was copied from about 3/4 down the page or so...)

June 17, Friday – Day 15
2:30 AM – Fire reported in Martinsville. Fire could be seen at least 10 miles
away. Barn that was part of discontinued old saw mill burned down. The
cause of the fire is unknown, and the current owner Sam Cramer, was out-of-state at the time. Along with the Martinsville fire department, 3 additional
fire crews from neighboring areas responded to the scene. Building is
reported a total loss. Cell phone tower was being checked for
damage. (There has been no report that this fire is in any way connected to
the disappearance of Lauren Spierer.)

IIRC, the white truck they showed in Laura's case, was not at all similar to his big extended cab silverado. The one they showed in LS's case was smaller and very different looking, and they found the driver, who stepped forward because he was coming home from a work shift in the area, and he had an alibi that proved that.

i think that scar on his neck looks like an older scar. After only 5 or 6 wks..wouldn't it still have some red around it or completely not healed being that deep?

They are used for broken jaws as well... after? wiring the jaw shut! To "re-align the teeth? (???)
With that neck cut AND recent braces...IMO he got into a brawl BIG TIME!!! ~with someone...
http://www.theuniversityhospital.com/healthlink/archives/articles/jaw.html

Somewhere here there is a picture of BSL wearing a blue shirt and smiling. It is also on his mothers FB page dated Oct. 2010. If you enlarge the picture you can see he has clear braces on the sides of his teeth, not directly on the front.
photo.php

Just because she stated he has braces now does NOT mean he got them in the last few weeks. Getting braces usually involves several trips to the dentist. The hairdresser did say she'd only cut his hair about 5 times in 3 years. It may have been 6 months or more since the last time she saw him and she cut his hair. Or longer.

Again, wish we knew when he got them because if it was recent you bet your sweet bippy that he is trying to realign his teeth to cover from a bite mark, rumored on MS.

I dunno how it works everywhere, but it's not like you just walk in and get braces the first day.

Also, imprints are taken of your teeth PRIOR to braces being put on. (My aunt is a dental assistant.)

There is no such thing as changing your teeth to cover up a bite mark, but there is ripping them out, or never seeing a dentist.

What day did he go to the ortho, and what visit was it said he would like braces?
I will skim back and see if I can find that.

Why would he wait until June 20th to get a haircut?

Most guys I know in the oilfield get a haircut when they can. He probably knew he was going offshore for awhile and a hardhat is probably very hot with a lot of hair.

Bourriague says Lavergne was not a regular customer. Over the past three years she estimates she cut his hair five times.

i think that scar on his neck looks like an older scar. After only 5 or 6 wks..wouldn't it still have some red around it or completely not healed being that deep?

nursebeeme please weigh in LOL

Somewhere here there is a picture of BSL wearing a blue shirt and smiling. It is also on his mothers FB page dated Oct. 2010. If you enlarge the picture you can see he has clear braces on the sides of his teeth, not directly on the front.
photo.php

Just because she stated he has braces now does NOT mean he got them in the last few weeks. Getting braces usually involves several trips to the dentist. The hairdresser did say she'd only cut his hair about 5 times in 3 years. It may have been 6 months or more since the last time she saw him and she cut his hair. Or longer.

True! It could be... At least he does have an orthodontist that LE can question if need be and find out why he got them and when.

This is not a fact but floating around town is that he did not only have a bite mark but also scratches he had went to new Orleans to seek medical help ... Again I don't know how true this is I know the bite mark has been brought up but not sure of the rest

Speaking of phones.......

During the press conference following the arrest, Chief Craft mentioned that BSL had turned over his phone. Basically said "here." That struck me as funny. How many phones did he have? Was this his new one?

Mickey's was switched off immediately after her abduction, or so it seems. This guy is very aware of tracking and repercusions. I do hope his phone records incrimanate him!

I don't believe BSL "Basically said 'Here' is my cell phone". LE took that sucker and BSL didn't have a choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member